Author Topic: NFL Training Camp and Pre-Season  (Read 3172 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Re: NFL Training Camp and Pre-Season
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2019, 03:55:44 AM »
ProFootballTalk reports the Cowboys are close to signing Ezekiel Elliott to a six-year, $90 million extension. That would tie Gurley for average salary per year and further rub salt into the wound of Gordon who wanted to exceed Gurley's contract numbers.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #201 on: September 03, 2019, 07:38:51 AM »
ProFootballTalk reports the Cowboys are close to signing Ezekiel Elliott to a six-year, $90 million extension. That would tie Gurley for average salary per year and further rub salt into the wound of Gordon who wanted to exceed Gurley's contract numbers.

The problem with Gordon is that he's just not that good.  Elliott is an elite RB and the Dallas offense runs through him.  Gordon's value was mainly from a fantasy statndpoint because he was in a clear cut starting role on a good team, but 30 other guys can do what he can and he's injury prone.  The Chargers would be crazy to pay him. 

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #202 on: September 03, 2019, 06:09:55 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001047170/article/rams-goff-agree-to-terms-on-4year-134m-extension

Never a Rams fan, but I do like Goff as a person (from what I've seen). So, there's your new market.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #203 on: September 03, 2019, 11:05:35 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001047170/article/rams-goff-agree-to-terms-on-4year-134m-extension

Never a Rams fan, but I do like Goff as a person (from what I've seen). So, there's your new market.

So when does the QB bubble burst and these cap killing mega deals for above average QBs stop?  It's one thing to pay Brees, Godgers etc, but this....

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2019, 03:09:43 AM »

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2019, 03:47:12 AM »

So when does the QB bubble burst and these cap killing mega deals for above average QBs stop?  It's one thing to pay Brees, Godgers etc, but this....

Personally, unless you have a QB that can carry a team on his back to contendership status (like a Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes), I wouldn't pay them.  Once you start paying that money we have seen time and time again that teams can't keep talent around them, and except for the truly elite guys these other QBs aren't good enough to make up for that.  They need the talent around them in order to win, which they now won't have.  I don't think Goff (or Dak Prescott) is that guy.  Wentz has at least shown the ability, even if I worry he might end up being Andrew Luck 2.0.

I'd consider paying Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Newton, Ryan, Wentz, and Mayfield.  That's about it at this point, with the jury still out on players like Darnold and Murray.

Online New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2019, 04:00:56 AM »
It's still kind of amazing that the league has seen one team whose QB has been willing to sacrifice some of the potentially huge paydays he's no doubt earned multiple times over for the sake of building team depth dominate for almost 20 years now and NOBODY seems to have learned anything.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2019, 04:02:09 AM »
It's still kind of amazing that the league has seen one team whose QB has been willing to sacrifice some of the potentially huge paydays he's no doubt earned multiple times over for the sake of building team depth dominate for almost 20 years now and NOBODY seems to have learned anything.

Tom Brady is so get paid under the table. I think his quack doctor has a store at Patriot Place.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com