Author Topic: All Elite Wrestling V2  (Read 9194 times)

Description:

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
Re: All Elite Wrestling V2
« Reply #450 on: October 07, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »
We just need the Braves and Cardinals to finish their game 5 in under 3 and a half hours.  But, with it being a game 5 where it's win or go home for both teams you're probably going to see every pitcher under the sun brought in.  I wouldn't be shocked for it to go 4 hours.

I was really hoping one of the Braves or Dodgers would finish off their respective opponents today/tonight.  But, both shit the bed.
Randy!

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #451 on: October 07, 2019, 02:26:57 PM »
Holy fuck wrestling fans really do live in a bubble.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2019, 02:28:51 PM »

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #453 on: October 07, 2019, 02:30:07 PM »

Well, if Clayton starts game 5 they may stick with AEW.  Cause with him pitching the outcome is already known...
Randy!

• Admin
« Reply #454 on: October 07, 2019, 02:30:42 PM »
Turner paid literally nothing for AEW. They paid billions for baseball. I mean holy shit.

AEW is getting booted to TruTv.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #455 on: October 07, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »
lirl

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #456 on: October 07, 2019, 02:33:40 PM »
Turner paid literally nothing for AEW. They paid billions for baseball. I mean holy shit.

AEW is getting booted to TruTv.

No doubt.  I'm more curious how they do it.  Meaning, do they run on TNT until 8:30 and then interrupt or just straight move them to TruTv.
Randy!

• Admin
« Reply #457 on: October 07, 2019, 02:34:31 PM »
Straight out move them to TruTV. Please have Les Gold on there with whatever Jewish wrestlers they can find.

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #458 on: October 07, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »
I wonder if they move them in advance or wait till the day of and see how the 1st game is going.  As if game one ends before 8:30 (when the Dodgers/Nats start in LA) there wouldn't be any need to move AEW since both games would then be on TBS.

Randy!

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #459 on: October 07, 2019, 02:51:24 PM »
Put it on Cartoon Network.  Why not?

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #460 on: October 07, 2019, 02:56:29 PM »
This same thing actually happened in I believe game 1 of the NL Division Series.  The Braves and Cards ran long and they started the Dodgers/Nats on TNT.  Here they just interrupted the program and once the Braves/Cards ended they moved the game to TBS (they waited until the end of the half inning).

But, with a live product like AEW I kind of wonder if they would be better off moving them entirely if the first game looks like it will run long.
Randy!

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #461 on: October 07, 2019, 03:33:47 PM »
I have a sub channel for TNT that popped up during the playoffs. They could move there when the game runs over.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

• Admin
« Reply #462 on: October 07, 2019, 05:43:34 PM »
There's also the possibility that they delay the start of the episode or run it on tape delay. I didn't really consider that.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #463 on: October 07, 2019, 09:39:19 PM »
Tape delay seems most likely, but they're also running a replay right after so it may be a JIP deal. And leave my bubble alone.

Offline Kamala For Kamala Harris

• CXF Writer
« Reply #464 on: October 08, 2019, 01:24:34 AM »
Ya know I always thought the timing of AEW's debut was a little bit off for this exact reason. You think it'd make more sense for them to debut in early November after all the playoffs are done so you could hype it during these games not during the beginning of the playoffs when they'll get tape delayed by said playoffs!

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #466 on: October 09, 2019, 03:06:03 AM »
Take away the Bucks and that sounds like a hell of a show. Good for Panda Guy.

• Laz
« Reply #467 on: October 09, 2019, 05:36:11 AM »
If AEW ever takes a DX-style direct shot at WWE then Guevara needs to be in full panda garb.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #468 on: October 09, 2019, 06:40:37 AM »
Any predictions for ratings for Week 2?

• Admin
« Reply #469 on: October 09, 2019, 06:42:35 AM »
It's gonna be moved or fucked with in some kind of way, so I would say 800-900k. Otherwise I think they would be higher than last week.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #470 on: October 09, 2019, 06:47:03 AM »
NXT gets smashed bad. I don't think a lot of people want to deal with WWE-related shows for a while.

• Laz
« Reply #471 on: October 09, 2019, 08:08:06 AM »
I'm going to say it will move up, but not by much, probably in the 1.5-1.7 range.

• Admin
« Reply #472 on: October 09, 2019, 08:16:27 AM »
NXT gets smashed bad. I don't think a lot of people want to deal with WWE-related shows for a while.

Yep, it's most likely gonna be nasty. NXT is running the equivalent of a Vader/Liger match in like...1991. Both guys are great and I very much want to watch that match, but they have never worked on TV in this country. The average TV viewer has no idea who they are.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #473 on: October 09, 2019, 08:19:52 AM »
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #474 on: October 09, 2019, 08:36:44 AM »
but I heard they might have a deal to stay on TNT, in spite of baseball's stature in American history?

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

• Admin
« Reply #475 on: October 09, 2019, 08:43:16 AM »
Well, the game is basically over in the first inning. Don't know what happens now.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #476 on: October 09, 2019, 11:10:43 AM »
JR's commentary is already bugging me in this tag team match.   Private Party are the 8 seed, in a tournament with 7 teams?   Also, the Bucks are the #1 seed?  Shouldn't that be the team with the bye?

• Admin
« Reply #477 on: October 09, 2019, 11:23:27 AM »
That match was amazing.

• Laz
« Reply #478 on: October 09, 2019, 01:02:36 PM »
Great show tonight, better than last week's and with a HOT closing angle. JR was slow to start but came alive toward the end, Jericho stumbled a bit in his promo but it wasn't bad, and we have the lines drawn between the top stars and who to look forward to.

Allin vs. Guevara could be insane.

• Admin
« Reply #479 on: October 09, 2019, 01:05:53 PM »
Yeah, that was great. I don't know why the other show on at this time is programmed to have matches only and no character development of any kind, but I could never choose to watch that over this.

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #480 on: October 09, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
Jericho is so damn good.  "It's your funeral...bitch" legit got a pop out of me.

Some hits and misses this week, but overall there is so much more energy in AEW than WWE.  It's just contagious when you watch it.  Even if stuff isn't good there is a feel to it that is so different from anything WWE has produced in years. 

It reminds me of some of the early Nitros.  Before the NWO.  There was some terrible stuff, and many weeks WWE had better wrestling but Nitro had all the energy.  I get that same vibe from AEW.

Now, the question becomes can they have their own NWO to break them out.
Randy!

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #481 on: October 09, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
Also, Cody is The Star.  I thought it would be Omega, but I can already tell Cody is gonna be the guy.
Randy!

• CXF Writer
« Reply #482 on: October 09, 2019, 01:59:41 PM »
There were a few missteps (hated the worked shoot aspects of Jericho's opening promo and Shawn Spears was definitely wrong choice for Mox's first TV opponent) but it opened with a hot match and closed with a hot angle, which is really all you can ask for. Pretty solid 2nd episode IMO.

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #483 on: October 09, 2019, 02:03:48 PM »
I've said a lot of good stuff about AEW, but to be fair I do see one major issue.  Their women's division absolutely sucks compared to WWE and NXT.

I get they feel the need to have a women's match on each show because they've built so much on being inclusive, but until they improve the division I would limit it to the AEW Dark show on youtube.

Randy!

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #484 on: October 09, 2019, 02:07:15 PM »
i had to stop for now just before spears/mox

PP/Bucks was really good
Jericho promo with his group was great
The womens match was bad to the point i skipped it after a bit.
Jimmy Havok's promo was laughable bad. The match with Darby did nothing for me but Darby is fine.
The video of the Best Friends in the field was as bad as any WWE shit and the crowd didn't react to it at all. They love OC though.

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #485 on: October 09, 2019, 02:37:27 PM »
One other plus.  Sammy dropped the panda gimmick.

I'm guessing Jericho put an end to that.
Randy!

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #486 on: October 09, 2019, 02:50:12 PM »
Jericho should put an end to the cakes and pies.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #487 on: October 09, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
Jericho is likely the only man in the business who can rub another mans chest and call him a sexy teenager and no one bats their eyes.

Turning the panda boy into a Hispanic Justin Bieber was the right direction.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #488 on: October 09, 2019, 03:50:43 PM »
watched the rest. Moxley/Spears was good but Spears still doesn't do anything for me. PAC on commentary and the Omega stuff was good. The ending angle was terrific.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #489 on: October 09, 2019, 10:53:01 PM »
Jericho came out and put over his team. Sammy looks like an absolute star now. He gave his team a great name, and reason. He also stopped "We the people" dead in it's tracks.

Darby was made into a star tonight, too, between his match and getting put over at the end. THAT'S how you make stars.

The matches ranged from ok (women's match) to fantastic, the opening tag.

I might be in the minority, but Britt Baker wouldn't be as big of a deal if she wasn't with Adam Cole. She's ok at best in the ring, and can't talk. There are far better women wrestlers on the indies. Just watch Solo Darling and Kris Statlander, just to name 2, at Beyond.

Private Party were made, too. The Bucks putting them over was the best thing for them to do.

And fuck anyone that says this company was made just to put the Elite over. Omega can't win, and the Bucks keep putting people over. Cody is the star of the group, and he should be winning because of that.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #490 on: October 10, 2019, 12:35:56 AM »
I think Baker's inspirational story of her also being a fulltime dentist is what makes her a big deal, not really being Adam Cole's girlfriend.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #491 on: October 10, 2019, 12:59:37 AM »
I think Baker's inspirational story of her also being a fulltime dentist is what makes her a big deal, not really being Adam Cole's girlfriend.

Yeah I think that's what the long and short is with Baker, that real life gimmick. I like how the announcers sold that finish though last night. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling much of her program with Priestley, they are trying though but Priestley is pretty clunky in the ring and Baker can't carry very well in some cases.

AEW easily blew away NXT last night in overall show flow. AEW clearly impliments a less is more philosophy in most of the show, not overbooking stuff and just pacing things out in a positive way. I think likely the difference is you have primarily wrestlers doing the booking here and its very loose. That allows the workers to be more involved in the process of laying out matches, cutting promos, etc.

Jericho's promo seemed a clear example of that. He certainly wasn't given a script, it felt natural and the energy was right in that whole segment. A bit of knocking on the competition which, the way he did it, was pretty brazen but awesome. I like the potential of this new Inner Circle faction. I'm feeling tones of the NWO in some ways.

Great opener and great finish for sure.

• Laz
« Reply #492 on: October 10, 2019, 01:10:26 AM »
I don't feel the nWo vibe, more of a Horsemen deal to me. Jericho has the muscle (Hager), the tag team brawlers (EYFBO), and the young star on the rise (Sammy). He's the star bringing light to the rest and it's all loaded with great potential.

Can we get a gif of Darby riding the skateboard out before he dove on Jericho? That was an excellent spot that needs to be highlighted.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #493 on: October 10, 2019, 01:23:40 AM »
I don't feel the nWo vibe, more of a Horsemen deal to me. Jericho has the muscle (Hager), the tag team brawlers (EYFBO), and the young star on the rise (Sammy). He's the star bringing light to the rest and it's all loaded with great potential.

Can we get a gif of Darby riding the skateboard out before he dove on Jericho? That was an excellent spot that needs to be highlighted.

Good point on the more Horsemen vibe. Now that you put it that way, most def. The last two end segments of Dynamite though felt like those weekly NWO beatdowns that Nitro had for seemingly years, which made me correlate them with that faction somewhat.

And that Allin run-in was fuckin titties

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #494 on: October 10, 2019, 03:05:35 AM »
Obviously they're building a Sting/Luger dynamic with Cody and MJF but I hope when the turn does happen it doesn't lead to MJF joining Jericho's group. Mostly because MJF, at that point, will be a big enough heel to be on his own but also because I do not want the Inner Circle to turn into an nwo either. I hope they leave them as these 5 and that's it.

• Laz
« Reply #495 on: October 10, 2019, 03:15:40 AM »
Same. MJF turning on Cody and then also refusing the Inner Circle would be a fun little twist on booking tropes.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #496 on: October 10, 2019, 05:45:33 AM »
I feel like they are going to let that go for quite a bit before they do that. I feel like they want All In/Out/Etc. to be their Wrestlemania so I'd expect to see it next August.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #497 on: October 10, 2019, 08:00:13 AM »
AEW wins Week 2 1.14 million to 790,000. Wednesday Night Wars lost 20% of their overall audience. NXT lost even more of the 18-49 demographic.

I'm surprised that some people are surprised by this. It is kind of a moment of panic for NXT though.

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • Spectrox Toxaemia
« Reply #498 on: October 10, 2019, 08:08:16 AM »
Yeah we need to start having weekly threads now.

Offline geniusMoment

« Reply #499 on: October 10, 2019, 08:12:23 AM »
I was thinking AEW would do 1.2 and NXT would hold steady.

I think AEW is on the right path, but could use some improvements.

1.  Music.  Their music sucks.  Making a deal with a record company would be my #1 priority.
2.  Not enough promos.  Moxley alone in the ring with the mic should've already happened.
3.  Add some sex appeal.  Not saying you gotta do gimmick women's matches.  There's basically zero of it in wrestling anymore, meanwhile Megan Thee Stallion is dancing in a thong on the MTV Music Awards.  You're TV14, give a couple of the guys hot valets.

Overall, I think they'll grow over the coming weeks as opposed to falling below a million.
Randy!