Author Topic: College FOOTBAW 2019  (Read 2335 times)

Description:

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
Re: College FOOTBAW 2019
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2019, 04:40:27 AM »
Mike Leach went to Ole Miss!

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2019, 04:51:03 AM »

I think this was debunked

• Admin
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2019, 04:57:39 AM »

I think this was debunked

Well damn.

Chris Peterson quit as Washington HC.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2019, 09:35:00 AM »
Jacksonville is shutting down its football team. "Jacksonville University, a member of the FCS non-scholarship Pioneer League since 1998, has announced this morning that they will be discontinuing the football program."

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2019, 01:03:18 PM »
That's a shame.

NDSU is 28 point favorites in their round 2 match up in the FCS playoffs. Eek.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2019, 09:56:07 PM »
North Dakota State is going for their 35th straight win (and eventually their 8th Championship in 9 tries this season) on ESPN at Noon. What has really made this run even more impressive? They've had 3 different Head Coaches in this run since 2003: Craig Bohl (2003-2013), Chris Klieman (2014-2018), and Matt Entz this year.

"Since 2011, the North Dakota State Bison have a record of 121–8 (.933) which included a record 22 game playoff win streak, making them the most successful college football program in Division I this decade. The Bison are 166–35 (.826) since moving to Division I in 2004."

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2019, 08:27:08 AM »
Thanks for coming, Sooners.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2019, 09:09:07 AM »
"Will somebody stop the damn match!?"

"Stop, stop! He's already dead."

"Throw the damn towel!!!"

It's gotta be the Jim Ross one, right?

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2019, 10:24:38 AM »
Burrow's QBR is currently 239.8

I didn't know that was possible, but then again I don't really follow footbaw.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2019, 11:11:59 AM »
Burrow's QBR is currently 239.8

I didn't know that was possible, but then again I don't really follow footbaw.

NFL caps their QBR, NCAA doesn't (and i think it's a different formula as well)

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
If the decision makers in college football can say with a straight face that is the 4th best team in FBS, then the whole situation sucks.

I'm not saying anything against LSU (for once) but this drubbing really, really makes me want a revamp of the playoff system. I have nothing new to offer to that desire, same thing a lot of fans want. The same thing that everyone points towards March Madness and FCS (and lower).

• Admin
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2019, 11:43:52 AM »
They were the fourth best team. Maybe Wisconsin is a little better. But, there are three teams that are so much better than the other teams that you could send anyone out there to die this season. I think there is no team they could have played that would have been that close.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2019, 12:20:03 PM »
Should've been Notre Dame

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »
Well, I will say that Joe Burrow is going to make an NFL team really, really good. Dude looked like he was just hitting all the throws out there.

• Admin
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2019, 03:05:48 PM »
I GUARANTEE Clemson will beat LSU. Dabo is the best coach in this sport.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2019, 09:47:01 PM »
No way; they would have lost today if the refs didn't help them out on both the weak targeting call and the non-fumble.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2019, 01:17:46 AM »
LSU was probably gonna dismantle anybody they played in the first round. Texas, Auburn, and Alabama gave them their toughest games and LSU still was scoring 40+ on everybody except Auburn.

Clemson's gonna be a stiff test as they've only allowed 20+ to one opponent and that was Ohio State. The flip side is that offensively they can struggle against lesser competition so if LSU gets ahead early and fast, this could be a beat down if Clemson can't answer offensively.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2020, 01:42:25 PM »
https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/10/college-football-attendance-decline-ncaa

I thought it was an interesting article. I've only went to one DI game and that was SDSU vs Hawaii. My school was a D-III. When I see the matchups on ESPN early in the season, they don't interest me.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2020, 04:01:45 PM »
https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/10/college-football-attendance-decline-ncaa

I thought it was an interesting article. I've only went to one DI game and that was SDSU vs Hawaii. My school was a D-III. When I see the matchups on ESPN early in the season, they don't interest me.
I've not attended a game at my alma mater in a few years, just too busy. Plus, after the 0-12 season, I decided "this is supposed to be entertainment. I'm not entertained if they lose every single game." I got accustomed after that to just not going that by the time they turned it around, the games are available on ESPN3 and other streaming sources.

They keep raising the ticket prices and due to recent success, parking is a total pain in the ass. I used to have the PERFECT spot by the band room that for some reason no one ever took from like 1999-2010. Then all of a sudden, it's always occupied when I get there.

We traveled to an FCS @ Sunbelt game one time. We had to park nearly a mile away for a mid-teir instate Sunbelt, and fortunately it was free parking.

Next year we play @ LSU and if 2004 is any indication (I took my sister to the Troy @ LSU game for her birthday) hell no I'm not going. We had to park an astounding distance away, stuck in traffic for two hours just to leave the parking lot, got rerouted by the traffic cops (this was before GPS would automatically help you) and got lost.

More and more these places are starting to charge for parking in even far away places on campus, which if you're a state university, screw you my taxes are already paying for this cement. I'm cool with paying to park in a private parking facility.

Stadium experiences really aren't that great anymore. Your video board isn't luring me in if I have to climb to the third level of a stadium and choose between the ants on the field or the jumbotron, if that's the case I can go home. Stadium bathrooms are disgusting.

A lot of it is very petty, first world, and lazy. But sports at home has evolved into such a much more convenient spectacle, why would I want to go through all that trouble when I can watch the game in my recliner, eat my food, park in my own driveway and use my bathroom.

Plus, most of my college friends have moved on from supporting the team. If I go, it's usually by myself and that's no fun either. At least even in a shitty game having someone to goof with helps.

I have similar complaints about NFL games except you have to pay a lot more to park and walk a LOT further. And the Superdome's upper level is the biggest piece of shit in stadium seating. Every other section has an inclined walkway to the sections and breaks each level 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 (suites are in there somewhere) into halves so if you're in row 1-15 you can use one entrance and if you're in rows 16-3#(?) you can use another one. Not in the 600 section. You have one entrance, at row 1, and the steps are right around knee high so you really get a work out and then there's no easy exit if you need to go to the bathroom up there, you have to trot down 30something rows again. (I think there are SOME portions of the 600 section that are broken up but I haven't been seated there for multiple NCAA & NFL games and a Wrestlemania).

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2020, 02:22:30 AM »
I've only been to one college football game (A Michigan State-Notre Dame game 2 or 3 years back when I was visiting a friend in Michigan) and I was amazed at lack of amenities. Gameday atmosphere was incredible but once you're inside the stadium, I think the level of concessions and seat comfort isn't even comparable to a minor league stadium let alone the NFL.

And that is a huge Division 1 school. The stadiums of teams that Harley and SFH are into are probably just glorified high school stadiums, I'm assuming! I think that probably has more than a little to do with drop in attendance.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2020, 01:03:29 PM »
I've only been to one college football game (A Michigan State-Notre Dame game 2 or 3 years back when I was visiting a friend in Michigan) and I was amazed at lack of amenities. Gameday atmosphere was incredible but once you're inside the stadium, I think the level of concessions and seat comfort isn't even comparable to a minor league stadium let alone the NFL.

And that is a huge Division 1 school. The stadiums of teams that Harley and SFH are into are probably just glorified high school stadiums, I'm assuming! I think that probably has more than a little to do with drop in attendance.
For the last three years our visiting opponents have been dressing in glorified tents with floors and portable plumbing, but still tents. We're upgrading the athletic building to connect to the actual stadium and with that we'll have proper visitor facilities again. We had hosted a D2 a few years prior to this nonsense and they were impressed with everything we had, and we're lower level FCS so I could only imagine what those student-athletes have at home at the D2.

A rival FCS team, in 2003, hosted us and long and short, I got into something bad at lunch and spent most of halftime and the third quarter in their restroom facilities, staring down all manner of critters and cobwebs. You would think that wouldn't be an issue with people going in and out of the stalls on a regular basis, but yeah each time I had an attack, I chose a different stall, and more insects & arachnids kept me company.

The ONLY saving grace of late for my alma mater's stadium is that the Manning family has been pumping millions into our turf, locker rooms, dorms, and similar since they host their passing academy and want the counselors (generally every top FBS and FCS QB in the country along with 5-10 NFL players) to be comfortable. We literally have a multi-million dollar turf and press box...and 10 cent seating. Fuckers.(nah for real good guys despite media portrayals, I'll real life yell at someone to defend Payton, Eli, Cooper, and Archie as people. Eli just needs to watch where the fuck he's walking).