Author Topic: Antonio Brown Released by Oakland  (Read 1820 times)

Description:

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
Antonio Brown Released by Oakland
« on: September 07, 2019, 12:40:07 AM »

haha wtf

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
Re: Antonio Brown Released by Oakland
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 12:42:17 AM »

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 02:02:19 AM »
I can't even tell who is the most to blame anymore.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 02:08:17 AM »
Just blame both. Saves you the hassle. Also, wonder where Brown will end up? I'd laugh if he ends up with the Pats.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 02:22:18 AM »
I can't even tell who is the most to blame anymore.

Brown.  The Raiders would be crazy not to go after his guarantees with the way he is acting.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 02:32:29 AM »
Just blame both. Saves you the hassle. Also, wonder where Brown will end up? I'd laugh if he ends up with the Pats.

Between "coaches that would put up with/think they can handle his shit" and "teams that might desperately want one more piece"  I'm thinking either Chargers or Seahawks.   Not sure how much cap space they have though.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 02:58:08 AM »
No team will give him what he wants or anything close to what the Raiders did.  He'll need to accept a 1 year prove it deal if he wants to play.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 02:58:54 AM »
Antonio Brown has been released by the Raiders. Holy shit.  What a mess.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 03:06:23 AM »
Totally deserves its own thread. What a chaotic clusterfuck of a situation. Curious which team tries to sign him given all the drama he's shown though. Pete and Seattle definitely seems like a destination that would try to take AB on.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 03:17:57 AM »
Totally deserves its own thread. What a chaotic clusterfuck of a situation. Curious which team tries to sign him given all the drama he's shown though. Pete and Seattle definitely seems like a destination that would try to take AB on.

But would they give him the guarantees he wants?  Sure, teams would gamble for the league minimum.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 03:29:11 AM »
you know how I'd feel if I lost out on 30 mill like that?

Spoiler: show

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 03:33:33 AM »
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-saga-troy-polamalu-reportedly-among-steelers-who-had-issues-with-wr-back-in-2012/

"Coming into the next practice, he just got his money, he cusses out Dick LeBeau," former Steelers safety and current ESPN analyst Ryan Clark said earlier this year, via ProFootballTalk.com. "Coach LeBeau, somebody who Troy [Polamalu], myself, James Farrior, all respected so much that anything he ever said, there's no reply. We almost got into a physical altercation that day, me and Antonio Brown. Because my thing was, this is not how we behave. This is not how we act. And for sure we don't talk to Coach LeBeau that way."

Pittsburgh's defense was so enraged that Polamalu, one of the most mild-mannered players you'd ever meet, wanted full reign to hit Brown during practice.

"I saw Troy get seriously pissed off maybe twice, and this was one of those two times," a source told Yahoo Sports. "Troy was so mad, he says to wide receivers coach Scottie Montgomery, 'The receivers are live [targets] the rest of this period.' Which was Troy's way of saying, 'We're going after this guy.'"

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 03:50:23 AM »

But would they give him the guarantees he wants?  Sure, teams would gamble for the league minimum.

Vet Min for AB would only be $930,000. He was set to make $14.625 Million as a base salary with Oakland. My feeling is if a team signs him, it'll be a 1 year deal for around $8 to $10 Million with some clauses thrown in to safeguard the team. If AB is on good behavior, then said team could try to work out a longer bigger deal in the offseason.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 04:16:23 AM »
Yeah, like I said when this all started, push comes to shove he has to go if it got worse.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 04:22:31 AM »
I know everyone wants to make the Patriots comment but if this fucking head case isn’t a Cowboy by the end of today, I’d be flabbergasted.   

• Admin
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 04:27:47 AM »
Belichick wouldn't put up with any of this shit. Recording the conversation with a coach and posting it? In Pittsburgh he was supposedly late every day too.

Only a cuck like Jerry Jones would want these problems.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 05:14:11 AM »
Marvin would have been okay with it but alas he’s gone.   I still wouldn’t discount Houston with how they’ve handled operations this summer.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 05:48:30 AM »
Belichick wouldn't put up with any of this shit. Recording the conversation with a coach and posting it? In Pittsburgh he was supposedly late every day too.

Only a cuck like Jerry Jones would want these problems.

Belichick benched Welker for making feet jokes at Rex Ryan's expense during a press conference. No fucking way he'd tolerate Brown. AB has to be a Cowboy or Seahawk. I could also see Snyder's Redskins making a move just because of Snyder.

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 06:33:35 AM »
I don’t think it matters if a team signs him or not. He can’t play in the NFL right now. Y’all think he’s just gonna sign with the Seahawks and start showing up to team meetings and catching team plane rides on time? Wherever he goes, if he goes anywhere, he’s just gonna get in a dispute with the league about not letting him wear the 100 emoji as a jersey number or some shit. I’d be shocked if he plays this year.

• Admin
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 06:42:06 AM »
I don’t think it matters if a team signs him or not. He can’t play in the NFL right now. Y’all think he’s just gonna sign with the Seahawks and start showing up to team meetings and catching team plane rides on time? Wherever he goes, if he goes anywhere, he’s just gonna get in a dispute with the league about not letting him wear the 100 emoji as a jersey number or some shit. I’d be shocked if he plays this year.

Exactly. And, on top of that, the team would have to give him a lot of guaranteed money just for him to sign a contract. He isn't taking any small contract.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 06:42:19 AM »
oh a playoff bound team will be desperate enough to sign him. No way he rides the pine all year. Just a matter of when he gets sign and how long it'll be till then.

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2019, 06:45:23 AM »
He also just tweeted this:

I think everyone can figure out what that means for the next team that signs him.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2019, 06:51:13 AM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2019, 07:04:52 AM »
I know everyone wants to make the Patriots comment but if this fucking head case isn’t a Cowboy by the end of today, I’d be flabbergasted.

Remember when Belichick jumped all over TO?  Me neither.   And for all the talk of Randy Moss, he only put up with him for three years (two with Brady) before exiling him to Minnesota.

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2019, 07:08:19 AM »
Randy Moss is also the best wide receiver of all time (non Jerry Rice Division) and AB is probably only the third best current NFL receiver.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2019, 07:30:51 AM »
He's not going to act such a fool to jeopardize a new contract.  He has people leaching off his money teet like every other NFL player that will see to it. That's why as soon as the guaranteed money got voided his, and their, goal was to get the hell out. He had zero incentive to be on good behavior at that point. Just get out. Remember, this guy was traded to the Raiders. No one in their right mind would go to that circus. No one. Only money could make that seem like a better option that the circus that had become the Steelers.

Some playoff team, probably and likely the Patriots, maybe Dallas, will bring him in for a 1 year deal with team option years.

Moss was great on the Pats. His career was used up when they got rid of him. Pats gladly kept Josh Gordon around with all his baggage. All they care about is production. They aren't going to scold AB because he was late to their Super Bowl winning parade.

• Admin
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2019, 07:59:14 AM »

lmao

• Admin
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2019, 08:02:43 AM »

"vet minimum"

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2019, 08:04:14 AM »
Fuck this league.

Online New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2019, 08:07:27 AM »
Can he be shitcanned from THREE teams in one calendar year?  We shall see.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2019, 08:07:39 AM »
He's not going to act such a fool to jeopardize a new contract.  He has people leaching off his money teet like every other NFL player that will see to it. That's why as soon as the guaranteed money got voided his, and their, goal was to get the hell out. He had zero incentive to be on good behavior at that point. Just get out. Remember, this guy was traded to the Raiders. No one in their right mind would go to that circus. No one. Only money could make that seem like a better option that the circus that had become the Steelers.

Some playoff team, probably and likely the Patriots, maybe Dallas, will bring him in for a 1 year deal with team option years.

Moss was great on the Pats. His career was used up when they got rid of him. Pats gladly kept Josh Gordon around with all his baggage. All they care about is production. They aren't going to scold AB because he was late to their Super Bowl winning parade.

You nailed it. The talk of the Pats' integrity is overblown. They take 'problem' players all the time.

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2019, 08:11:03 AM »
Can't wait until he bitches about not getting enough passes on the sideline and like 15 people tell him to shut the fuck up and he becomes a decoy the rest of the game.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2019, 08:11:40 AM »
Well we'll see how he behaves now.  If he flops out of New England, his career is probably over.

• Admin
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2019, 08:14:35 AM »
He's gonna continue to behave like shit, nothing is going to change with his behavior. The thing that untalented people don't understand is that if you're really great at something, you can get away with doing whatever you want. When he takes a different plane than the team to a game is when we'll see what happens though.

He apparently started behaving like shit in Pittsburgh back in 2012. He never stopped behaving like shit and they never even tried to control it because they needed him to win. They put up with him for SIX YEARS.

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2019, 08:19:49 AM »
Bill Belichick is the coldest, most calculated son of a bitch in sports.  He only sees Brown as a really good receiver and won't do shit like get into shouting matches over behavioral issues; if Brown punts a ball in anger, Bill might compliment him on his form before telling him he's benched.  Brady won't give a single fuck if Brown bitches at him either.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2019, 08:26:25 AM »
I'm going on the record officially as really not liking this move, even if it's a 1 year deal and New England will jettison Brown at the slightest shit fit he throws. I don't think he's good for the locker room and I fear it makes Brady revert his game back to forcing throws to certain WRs (ala Randy Moss by 2009/2010) while not spreading the ball around as much and making the offense a bit more one-dimensional.

With Brady and Edelman in the locker room and Belichick as coach, they have the seniority/mentality to not take shit from anybody. I anxiously await the first time Belichick, a guy who still needles Brady, reviews the game film, picks on Antonio Brown for little stuff, and AB gets pissed off and throws a meltdown.

I can see this being an Adalius Thomas 2.0 situation as much as a Randy Moss type scenario.

• Admin
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
Bill Belichick is the coldest, most calculated son of a bitch in sports.  He only sees Brown as a really good receiver and won't do shit like get into shouting matches over behavioral issues; if Brown punts a ball in anger, Bill might compliment him on his form before telling him he's benched.  Brady won't give a single fuck if Brown bitches at him either.

He would just laugh, he wouldn't even bench him. Belichick is like a continuation of Al Davis. No matter what players do, all they care about is winning.

The Raiders fucked this up the moment Mayock opened his mouth. He needed to shut the fuck up.

Online Cartman

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2019, 08:45:26 AM »
I love everything...that is all.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »
I'm going on the record officially as really not liking this move, even if it's a 1 year deal and New England will jettison Brown at the slightest shit fit he throws. I don't think he's good for the locker room and I fear it makes Brady revert his game back to forcing throws to certain WRs (ala Randy Moss by 2009/2010) while not spreading the ball around as much and making the offense a bit more one-dimensional.

With Brady and Edelman in the locker room and Belichick as coach, they have the seniority/mentality to not take shit from anybody. I anxiously await the first time Belichick, a guy who still needles Brady, reviews the game film, picks on Antonio Brown for little stuff, and AB gets pissed off and throws a meltdown.

I can see this being an Adalius Thomas 2.0 situation as much as a Randy Moss type scenario.

I don't see any risk.  It is a one year deal and if he acts up, he's out the door.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2019, 09:00:38 AM »
I was sort of kidding when I said that the Pats would sign him. Bet he stays with them and wins a SuperBowl with Brady now.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2019, 09:07:04 AM »
Hahahahahha.  Wow.  I'll wait and see if he can keep his behavior in check before I judge.  I'm not so shocked that they snatched him up as I am they gave him such a big signing bonus, wasn't sure what his market was gonna be. 

I kind of think he'll be on his best behavior to stick it to the Raiders and his critics, show he can be a good soldier for a real football organization, and maybe win a Super Bowl.  Then he can get paid again and go back to being a headcase

If it works out the WR corps is stacked

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2019, 09:11:11 AM »
Time to bring this back, I guess

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2019, 09:45:42 AM »
More I think about it, the more I'm thinking Brown did all this on purpose. Dude's getting exactly what his contract was for this year, there isn't some weird stipulation on his money (he's getting 9m no matter what) and because it is the Pats, if he's a soldier for them, they'll extend him.

If that's the case, more power to Brown to go to the probably the best chance to win it all.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2019, 09:57:07 AM »
Dammit dammit dammit

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2019, 10:16:28 AM »
People were joking about Brown being a Patriot for a few weeks now what the fuck kinda fixed shit is this.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2019, 10:24:26 AM »
I fucking hate football

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »
I think its hilarious. The Raiders look like such puppets. Steelers wanted Brown not going to New England. Thats why they were trying to dump him to the Bikks wasteland at first. Brown said fuck that, dumped to Oakland. Brown pulls the strings of the idiot Raiders management, gets released, then before the afternoon is over he gets basically same money on a Super Bowl contender. Belichick is the puppet master of the NFL. It's hilarious. Brown's targets will increase a ton when Josh Gordon eventually goes off the grid in a cloud of smoke.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »
Don't forget he also added a new endorsement deal with the helmet drama too.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2019, 11:11:16 AM »
Don't forget he also added a new endorsement deal with the helmet drama too.

Yeah, funny how everything worked out like clockwork.  I wonder how much was planned.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »
Probably everything other than the new endorsement was planned. The new endorsement probably was the cherry on the sundae.