Author Topic: Antonio Brown Released by Oakland  (Read 1816 times)

Description:

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
Re: Antonio Brown Released by Oakland
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2019, 08:10:46 AM »
So catching up on the story, the minute those intimidating texts as a member of the Patriots he was gone.  They would have tolerated his past antics because it was in the past; as soon as it was clear he wasn't changing that was it.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2019, 08:11:11 AM »
"You know, we knew there were question marks and I was never comfortable with us signing him, glad we did the right thing!" -- Equivocating, horrible Patriots fans today

Gee, wonder why people on Facebook called you an asshole?  Can't think of a single reason, myself.

AB doing what AB did is probably the best thing to happen to the Raiders AND the Patriots.

Raiders looking good, definitely motivated by the whole shitty situation, and "Morally bankrupt" Patriots have a 2nd chance at 19-0.

I think Brown is most likely a garbage human being, but he's not alone by any means. This whole story would have never seen the light of day if he had just paid her off the 2 Million she was looking for:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-reportedly-rejected-2-million-settlement-offer-in-lawsuit-accuser-will-meet-with-nfl-on-monday/

I'm willing to bet this kind of stuff happens alot more than anyone knows publicly since the payoffs keep everyone quiet.

Yeah, I make this shit up. Fuck off. If you don't like truth then don't talk to adults. Go ahead, say this is all in my head or that I'm a hater. Those are the usual go-to's for fucking clowns.

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2019, 08:18:18 AM »

But I think we all can agree AB is on an XFL roster by the end of the year, right?

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2019, 08:19:33 AM »

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2019, 08:25:40 AM »
The talk about AB being a genius in getting out of Oakland this way was very short lived. This guy threw away tens of millions of dollars.

I was mostly just kidding because of the Pats reputation.  He should never play again.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2019, 10:25:26 AM »

But I think we all can agree AB is on an XFL roster by the end of the year, right?

Depends on what happens legally.  No convicts allowed.  RIP JOHNNY FOOTBALL
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2019, 10:47:43 AM »
So catching up on the story, the minute those intimidating texts as a member of the Patriots he was gone.  They would have tolerated his past antics because it was in the past; as soon as it was clear he wasn't changing that was it.

"past antics"

HE SEXUALLY ASSUALTED SOMEONE you colossal fuckhead.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2019, 10:52:25 AM »
Shenanigans

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2019, 10:59:05 AM »
This has been one of the most bizarre implosions of a pro-athlete I have ever seen. The fact the dude got a second chance and fucked it up in under 2 weeks is incredible. Dude is mentally ill. Hopefully his victims take all his money away from him. Dude trying to get his hired goons to investigate and threaten her and her children is heinous as fuck. I doubt he even gets a shot at XFL.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2019, 11:18:26 AM »

"past antics"

HE SEXUALLY ASSUALTED SOMEONE you colossal fuckhead.

He was changing tho. Starting with signing with the Pats

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2019, 02:46:31 AM »
Did he knowingly include her in that group text?  WTF

Online Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2019, 01:31:43 AM »
He's going crazy on Twitter. He quit the NFL and is throwing everyone, from Rothlisberger, to Kraft, to Shannon Sharpe under the bus. He's blaming everyone except himself for being cut again. Because it was the owners that raped women and sent threatening texts to them. Fuck this dude.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2019, 01:51:19 AM »
Antonio Brown saying he "quit" the NFL is like saying Chris Benoit quit the WWE
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

• KOAB
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2019, 05:45:32 AM »

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2019, 02:10:05 PM »
I was really taken aback by Stephen A. Smith's tone on First Take, about the AB situation. It was a calm, quiet anger. He had zero inflection for the first half, and was just to the point and deadpan, none of his trademark animation.

The kind of muted anger that scares you more than someone yelling at you. His voice did escalate towards the later end, but that was when the other commentators offered thoughts, but for his monologue, I've never seen like that.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2019, 02:57:55 AM »
He re-enrolled at Central Michigan.  Which is kinda cool I guess.  Better hobby than sexual assault and getting tackled for a living

• KOAB
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2019, 08:34:18 AM »
hide the coeds

• Admin
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2019, 04:31:04 AM »

lol

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2019, 05:34:53 AM »
Pretty gross misrepresentation in that article headline to be honest. It's merely a source saying NE will likely have to pay AB's signing bonus (and based on what Kraft/Pats are fighting, they will probably end up paying Brown).

"Where it concerns Brown’s $9 million signing bonus, the fight appears to be heading to an argument of one clause in the CBA. Specifically, Article 4 and section 9, which lays the foundation of the forfeitable breach of money within a contract. It states:

(a) Forfeitable Breach. Any player who (i) willfully fails to report, practice or play with the result that the player’s ability to fully participate and contribute to the team is substantially undermined (for example, without limitation, holding out or leaving the squad absent a showing of extreme personal hardship); or (ii) is unavailable to the team due to conduct by him that results in his incarceration; or (iii) is unavailable to the team due to a nonfootball injury that resulted from a material breach of Paragraph 3 of his NFL Player Contract; or (iv) voluntarily retires ...

Brown does not fit into any of those qualifications for termination of his $9 million signing bonus, and therefore will (very likely) end up receiving that money from Kraft."

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2019, 08:37:40 AM »
Mr. Brown does not strike me as a man that knows how to budget so it isn't like he's going to be set for life if he does get that pay out. And the Patriot hierarchy gave the man a contract with guarantees knowing full well the drama he was bringing to the table. As much as I'm not on board with AB's antics, the Patriots should just pay the man and move on.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2019, 12:00:48 PM »
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Gert

« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2019, 01:40:25 PM »
Feel like he has no chance to win any of his Raiders grievances and appeals. Maybe the Pats cut him too early, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Admin
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2019, 02:07:41 PM »
He's gonna get the signing bonus unless the league suspends him for conduct detrimental or some such. Those are paid on signing and the Pats cut him.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2019, 04:34:42 PM »
Yeah, they should have to pay the bonus.  Which is why I scratched my head at them giving him such a big one in the first place

FWIW it looked like he was on his way to being a good soldier, nobody saw these allegations coming literally days after he signs

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer