Author Topic: Antonio Brown Released by Oakland  (Read 2939 times)

Description:

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
Re: Antonio Brown Released by Oakland
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »
If it was planned, he refuses to be traded like when he told the Bills to go fuck themselves.

If it was planned, he doesn't burn his feet to oblivion.

If it was planned, he doesn't tearfully apologize to his teammates.

He also tossed a 50 million dollar contract down the drain. Not 30 million, that's only the guaranteed part. He would have met nearly all other incentives.

The guy is nuts.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• Admin
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2019, 05:14:08 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID
He also liked this tweet I saw on r/NFL, which had no replies so he definitely went searching for it. Guy is sick.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2019, 02:31:24 AM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2019, 03:31:41 AM »
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/08/suspicions-grow-that-antonio-brown-to-the-patriots-didnt-happen-out-of-the-blue-on-saturday/

I don't buy the conspiracy theory stuff much because as the article says, "Both Adam Schefter of ESPN and Mike Giardi of NFL Network report that the Patriots did indeed try to trade for Brown in March, but the Steelers resisted their overtures. Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Patriots actually offered a first-round pick for Brown."

Brown had to be aware that New England had some interest in him at the time. Also multiple teams reportedly had offers for AB after his release but if you're Antonio Brown, would you really turn down a chance to play with Belichick/Brady and arguably be a lock for a possible Super Bowl win by playing in say Dallas or Tampa Bay instead even if they offered more money?

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2019, 03:35:37 AM »

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2019, 04:50:29 AM »
He planned that shit:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27566034/ab-eyed-advice-expedite-raiders-exit

Antonio Brown sought advice from professional social media consultants for ideas on how to accelerate his release from the Oakland Raiders, sources told ESPN.

At least one consultant couldn't tell whether Brown was serious or not, according to sources. Brown's tumultuous tenure with the Raiders officially ended Saturday, when the Pro Bowl receiver was released by Oakland and signed with the New England Patriots.

lmao he even worked the people that were helping him

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2019, 11:00:48 AM »
If Bill orchestrated this; I need the WWE to hire him to book all their long term storylines. The last month was full of ups and downs.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2019, 03:25:20 AM »
So wasn't as planned as I thought. Antonio went looking for social media consultants in order to get what he wanted.

Meaning that not only did Antonio find someone for that, but probably every team was informed about the situation and talked to the guy Antonio was using. Which thus explains why he was not only highly sought after but also paid at his previous rate.

That really says something about the Raiders that Antonio wanted out that badly that he'd resort to social media tactics. Though hey, they worked. So what do I know?

Edit: Also, I just saw you posted that King, sorry for reposting.

• Admin
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2019, 05:34:46 AM »
That really says something about the Raiders that Antonio wanted out that badly that he'd resort to social media tactics. Though hey, they worked. So what do I know?

You're going to have to explain what this means, because it doesn't say anything about the Raiders at all. It says a lot more about the guy so childish that they would be so happy in signing a huge contract, turn around a few months later and act like a moron.

I'm not sure you're aware, but the guy reported on his own time to work out with Derek Carr and toss balls this offseason. This idea that this was all planned from the start, it's pretty ludicrous as nobody held a gun to his head making him accept a trade or sign a new contract. It was all good until AB went back to doing the same things he did in Pittsburgh. It was planned from the point that someone wouldn't put up with a ball getting kicked at them, because guys like Antonio Brown don't like when normal people tell them what to do. Jeremy Shockey was apparently the same way.

Brown’s run-in with Mayock on Wednesday apparently wasn’t the first time in his career he had an open confrontation that created an uncomfortable scene.

“He came out the day after he signed that extension [in 2012] and he was riding everybody – yapping at everyone,” the source said. “Saying things about how he was the franchise and telling people not to touch him during practice. Saying it to the defense and yelling at the defensive coaches.

“At one point it started getting really heated. It was really tense. You could feel it. So [defensive coordinator] Dick LeBeau kind of intervened and AB snapped on him and started cursing him out. He was screaming at Coach LeBeau.

“Guys were just looking at each other like, ‘Is this dude serious right now?’ It almost started a fight. [Safety] Ryan Clark and [cornerback] Ike Taylor and [safety] Troy Polamalu were hearing all this and so was the crowd at practice. You could tell the crowd could hear it by their reaction to it. That’s how bad it was.”

The source continued: “I saw Troy get seriously pissed off maybe twice, and this was one of those two times. Troy was so mad, he says to wide receivers coach Scottie Montgomery, ‘The receivers are live [targets] the rest of this period.’ Which was Troy’s way of saying, ‘We’re going after this guy.’ ”

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-enabled-antonio-brown-and-now-the-raiders-are-paying-for-it-051043795.html

I think you and others should read this. Former Steelers players blame it on the guy who can't even get his team ready for Sunday Night Football.

If it's the Raiders fault because they won't handle fools, then yeah, I guess it's their fault. Everyone was saying on Thursday and Friday that they should release him or Mayock should resign though. People can't have it both ways.

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2019, 06:37:08 AM »
https://deadspin.com/why-good-organizations-know-how-to-handle-players-like-1837929843

I loathe most of Deadspin, but this is a tremendous (though very long) read about how teams deal with guys like AB and Terrell Owens.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2019, 11:58:10 AM »
*replying to whatever the hell it is I wrote*
Yeah, no, I fucked that up. You wanna know how badly? I have no fucking clue what I was writing about either. I'm literally trying to make sense of it and all I got for you and me is nothing. Like seriously, what the fucking hell?

...sure I'm dealing with being sick today, so I'm drugged up more than I normally am, but even then, this is like utterly wtf for me. Like honestly, no idea.

• Admin
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2019, 11:37:13 AM »

Pats problem now motherfuckers

The mastermind to get out of Oakland is actually a criminal mastermind how do you like that shit.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2019, 11:44:44 AM »
Okay.  This was all fun, but now things have gotten serious.  Time to quit joking if there is any substance at all to these claims.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2019, 12:01:22 PM »
WHAT IS HAPPENING

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2019, 01:30:24 PM »
As if he wasn't on the thinnest of ice already.  He may not play a down.

• Admin
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2019, 02:05:14 PM »
Okay, no more jokes. So this is on Linkedin about Brown's attorney...

The emails in the complaint are also the clearest case of an admission to sexual assault that I've ever seen. Rape? I don't know about that, that's separate. But he did something very bad.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »

• Admin
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »

"She is seeking in excess of $75,000."

If you're trying to extort someone the way that AB's attorney claims, you'd ask for a hell of a lot more.

• KOAB
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2019, 02:49:25 PM »
Mayock is a bigger player than thought he just ended this clowns career.

• Admin
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »

Exempt list is coming, judging from the last two lines. So he's gonna be basically suspended until this is over. And this is a guy who can't keep his mouth shut and most definitely is gonna lose his mind over this.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2019, 04:15:18 PM »
As if this whole thing couldn't get any wilder. Wow.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2019, 04:46:55 PM »
"The Patriots were caught by surprise"

Yeah, no shit.  I'm sure they would have been all over this signing if they knew it was about to break the next day.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »
Next week he'll admit to murdering someone or end up in a shootout with the police.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2019, 05:55:51 PM »
What a scum. Hopefully this costs him his new contract.

See ya in the XFL AB!

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2019, 10:44:59 PM »
Awful stuff. AB clearly has to be done for the year if these are true, at the very least. Ideally he'd get some sort of jail time tbh.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2019, 11:06:46 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html

"Taylor ended her working relationship with Brown, the lawsuit says, but several months later, when he contacted her to apologize, she relented. She was, according to the lawsuit, “swayed by his assurance that he would cease any sexual advances.”

Then, the lawsuit says, on May 20, 2018, Brown forced her onto a bed, pushed her face into the mattress and “forcibly” raped her. She tried to resist him, screaming and repeatedly shouting “no” and “stop,” the lawsuit says, but Brown refused and penetrated her."

"The lawsuit says that Taylor told at least three people about the incidents: her mother, Brown’s chef, and a member of her church, who advised her to come forward."

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2019, 11:37:10 PM »
Awful stuff. AB clearly has to be done for the year if these are true, at the very least. Ideally he'd get some sort of jail time tbh.

It's a civil case so he won't get jail time unless a D.A. wants to run with it.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2019, 02:05:26 AM »

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2019, 02:32:04 AM »
The NFL has chosen not to punish Antonio Brown and he's free to play on Sunday.

• KOAB
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2019, 07:14:05 AM »
Sweet

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2019, 08:58:24 AM »
They let Tyreek Hill play, so why would this be any different? What a joke.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2019, 03:16:12 AM »
Upon arrival, Brown passed gas numerous times in Prisk’s vicinity while Prisk was testing his body fat. A video, shot by a Brown acolyte, made the rounds on the internet. “It seemed just childish to me,” Prisk says now. “I’m a doctor and this man is farting in my face.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

• Admin
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2019, 04:21:18 AM »
The stuff in that article is so bad. If you read that and think the sexual assault and rape allegation isn't very credible, there's something wrong with you.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2019, 06:54:29 AM »
This is the very definition of "I'm not happy to be right about this." It's fucking awful. This isn't playcalling or personnel choices which can be questioned like football often is, this is a criminal pattern that involves real victims.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2019, 09:35:29 AM »
NFL won't do anything without a video.  I think that's pretty much certain now.

• Admin
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2019, 07:23:55 PM »

What a thing to return home to. It is unquestionably Brown who sent them. This guy should be suspended for a long fucking time and is a fucking scumbag.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2019, 07:30:59 PM »
This guy is acting like a mafia crime boss.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2019, 04:24:24 AM »
More detail on how AB has been identified.

• Admin
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2019, 06:37:10 AM »
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_confirms_text_messages_sent_to_second_accuser_were_from_antonio_brown/s1_12680_30050168

Headline speaks for itself. Again, this guy has no business playing NFL football. People talk about innocent until proven guilty, but he's proving himself guilty and for whatever reason the NFL isn't doing shit.

Offline strummer

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2019, 07:16:15 AM »
Pats cut him

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2019, 07:18:39 AM »
Had to happen but still shocked.

• Admin
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2019, 07:25:47 AM »
I knew that was coming. The NFL was gonna suspend him for a long time anyway and still will.

They should have released him the moment the first story came out, so I'm not gonna give the Pats any extra credit, but I knew there was no way they were gonna be cool with this circus.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2019, 07:26:40 AM »
"You know, we knew there were question marks and I was never comfortable with us signing him, glad we did the right thing!" -- Equivocating, horrible Patriots fans today

• Admin
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2019, 07:27:55 AM »
The talk about AB being a genius in getting out of Oakland this way was very short lived. This guy threw away tens of millions of dollars.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2019, 07:37:23 AM »
You could see it on Belichick's face at his press conference that he was getting beyond fed up with the situation as well. It was just a matter of time before AB got shipped out and the SI article was simply the nail in the coffin. TBH, I'm surprised he actually suited up and played a full game with New England before it happened.

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2019, 07:40:54 AM »
"You know, we knew there were question marks and I was never comfortable with us signing him, glad we did the right thing!" -- Equivocating, horrible Patriots fans today

Gee, wonder why people on Facebook called you an asshole?  Can't think of a single reason, myself.

I was hoping it would work out, but obviously the guy thought otherwise.  Good riddance and good luck with the multiple lawsuits he's now gotta deal with.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2019, 07:44:05 AM »

Gee, wonder why people on Facebook called you an asshole?  Can't think of a single reason, myself.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2019, 08:05:21 AM »

AB doing what AB did is probably the best thing to happen to the Raiders AND the Patriots.

Raiders looking good, definitely motivated by the whole shitty situation, and "Morally bankrupt" Patriots have a 2nd chance at 19-0.

I think Brown is most likely a garbage human being, but he's not alone by any means. This whole story would have never seen the light of day if he had just paid her off the 2 Million she was looking for:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-reportedly-rejected-2-million-settlement-offer-in-lawsuit-accuser-will-meet-with-nfl-on-monday/

I'm willing to bet this kind of stuff happens alot more than anyone knows publicly since the payoffs keep everyone quiet.

Yeah, I make this shit up. Fuck off. If you don't like truth then don't talk to adults. Go ahead, say this is all in my head or that I'm a hater. Those are the usual go-to's for fucking clowns.