Author Topic: 2019 NFL Week 3: WSU QBs Taking Over, 20+ Spreads, and Daniel Jones!  (Read 1089 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire

ELI ERA IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE DANIEL JONES TAKEOVER!

Offline Zetterberg is Go

Re: 2019 NFL Week 3: WSU QBs Taking Over, 20+ Spreads, and Daniel Jones!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 06:46:39 AM »
Hoping the Bills aren't looking ahead to next week and take care of business.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:18:54 AM »
The other thing about Miami tanking, while I'm still thinking about it, is that their plan even just to get the #1 pick has some major hurdles. They have to play the Jets twice, Washington, NYG, and the Bengals. Those teams are all terrible and three of those games will be in Miami.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:35:43 AM »
The other thing about Miami tanking, while I'm still thinking about it, is that their plan even just to get the #1 pick has some major hurdles. They have to play the Jets twice, Washington, NYG, and the Bengals. Those teams are all terrible and three of those games will be in Miami.

It would be funny if they botched it.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure I watched one of Miami's RBs duck out of the way of a screen pass so I don't think we'll have to worry too much about them having trouble. Their bigger problem is getting anyone to play for them, even whomever they draft. They might just look at the current state of the team and balk completely.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 10:45:16 AM »
If the average NFL career wasn't just three years, Miami's strategy would make more sense.  Who wants to spend it starting basically from the lowest point a team can go?  Flores doesn't have the coaching reputation that would sway someone and he can't really play the "coached under Belichick" card because that track record....isn't great.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »
I'm surprised Miami hasn't moved Kenyan Drake yet. RBs are easily attainable in Round 2 to 3. Maybe they are waiting for some big RB injury on a playoff team.

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »
They shouldn't trade him because they need to spend those picks on other positions. That being said, I'm not sure he's really a lead back anyway, and if I was another team I wouldn't trade for him.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 11:40:58 AM »
2019 has been the QBpocalypse so far.

Week 0: Luck says fuck this shit and retires
Week 1: Nick Foles broken collarbone
Week 2: Sam Darnold mono
Week 2: Big Ben shredded elbow
Week 2: Drew Brees shredded thumb
Week 2: Cam gets the yips and cant make a throw
Week 2: Trevor Siemian shreds his ankle
Week 3: Eli put out to pasture

Value of backup QB is going to go way up.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 11:43:27 AM »
Miami has so many picks, they can easily trade down slightly with one pick and turn it in to 2 or 3 picks. It should be pretty simple to pull Belichick style pick trades with as much amunition as they have.

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 05:24:37 PM »
If the average NFL career wasn't just three years, Miami's strategy would make more sense.  Who wants to spend it starting basically from the lowest point a team can go?  Flores doesn't have the coaching reputation that would sway someone and he can't really play the "coached under Belichick" card because that track record....isn't great.

Warning: very long post that I didn’t realize was long until I posted it

I think they're going to wind up like the Lions, which is exactly where the Dolphins were at in the first place. The Lions drafted Stafford and he got hurt the first two seasons because they only had one option for him to dump the ball off to and didn't have a good offensive line. After that he comes back and makes the playoffs a few times while the team is largely mediocre. There are some things people need to consider when it comes to Tua. He's playing for a team that has much better players than almost any team they play against. People also have to be careful not to go overboard because a lot of the defenses they play are also not very good against any team much less Alabama.

He is playing for a team that effectively has these equivalents of players when you think of how good they are in the college game. What their impact on the game is, and not their talent level.

In college, Jerry Jeudy is the equivalent of Julio Jones.

Najee Harris is the equivalent of having an uncrippled Todd Gurley.

I think their offensive line is only average, but they haven't played anyone good so we don't really know.

Their defense is the same as if Tua was playing for the Bears. They will make sure the QB gets on the field.

Is he gonna have any of that in Miami? They have some high picks, so you can't rule out marked improvement, but I don't think anyone is going to have the impact of those players, or that any of their units will improve that much. Furthermore, Tua will need to improve a lot himself to be a good NFL starter. The Dolphins offensive line is also complete dogshit, and if we've learned anything from teams like Carolina, Houston, Miami themselves, or Tampa Bay, offensive line improvements manifest themselves over the course of a few years. The Dolphins also do not currently have anyone who could be starting on a good NFL offensive line.

I think most importantly, the factor that people don't take into account, is that the Miami Dolphins are not going to have Andy Reid or Sean Payton to develop their quarterback. They are going to have Brian Flores, or some other equivalent, and there's no reason to think they'll hire anyone better. They also don't have a DeAndre Hopkins type player who can bail the QB out all the time. I also must point some other shit out that people are not aware of. They also hired Reggie McKenzie to have a say in their drafting. Does anyone want me to write a big ass list of the busts that he drafted? The other part that kills me is that the Dolphins promoted their GM from within their organization. You know, that organization the same GM thought was so bad they should tank? He was the director of college scouting and recommended all those players. He's also been their GM since 2016. The Dolphins have one of the worst coaching staffs in the NFL too, and even though they may and should fire all of them after one year, they've shown absolutely no ability to attract quality coaches. The same guy hired Adam Gase, who is a complete moron who the Jets should fire after one year.

I think overall what I'm trying to say is this. If the Patriots or some other quality organization were attempting to tank, it's a plan worth considering. The Miami Dolphins deserve literally none of the doubt, and they also traded a good draft pick for Josh Rosen. I have a hard time believing that they're actually attempting to lose, and I think it's just a side effect of some horrible decisions that they've made. I also do not think that they will actually have a winless season.

I also have some reason to think that Cleveland's tanking didn't actually work, but the season will tell that story as it plays out. I think Baker Mayfield is being very poorly developed, there's some good All-22 footage that shows him cycling through his progressions way too fast as if he's been coached to do so, and that would hurt his career as a whole. They took advantage of one of the worst GMs in history and you can't hate on that, but if not for that they'd still be around a 7 or 8 win team.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 11:42:32 PM »
Also worth noting is how much cap space Miami has been clearing out for the next few years, which should have an impact if they can get 2-3 big time FAs (and hit on them of course).

2020: $122.14 Million in Cap Space [Currently #1 amongst NFL Teams]
2021: $265.77 Million in Cap Space [Currently #1 amongst NFL Teams]

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 02:37:41 AM »

How to make sure the ref's flag you each week-- in one easy tweet.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 07:52:31 AM »
Man who would've guessed by Week 3 we'd have these starting QBs: Jacoby Brissett, Gardner Minshew, Daniel Jones, Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater, Luke Falk, and Josh Rosen.

Yeah, Fitzpatrick's been officially benched in Miami.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 08:30:52 AM »
I'm all for protecting QB's from some of the hits they take, but Adams is right to be upset by that hit.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 09:34:25 AM »
Man who would've guessed by Week 3 we'd have these starting QBs: Jacoby Brissett, Gardner Minshew, Daniel Jones, Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater, Luke Falk, and Josh Rosen.

I wouldn't include Jones with the rest.  He should have been starting Week 1.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 09:40:13 AM »

I wouldn't include Jones with the rest.  He should have been starting Week 1.

Agreed but I also don't think people expected Eli to be benched this early once he was named the starter. I figured Eli would make it to mid-season before Jones finally got in.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 11:44:52 AM »
Minshew looking good so far.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 12:35:57 PM »
I'm all for protecting QB's from some of the hits they take, but Adams is right to be upset by that hit.

It's more the context of everything else around it. Greg Williams being the Jets defensive coordinator, the OBJ comments leading up to the game, and the only reason he didn't return as the Browns head coach is the fact Baker Mayfield didn't like him.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 12:49:07 PM »

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 06:09:27 PM »
Titans should probably give Tannehill a start or two and see if he fairs any better. Granted Mariota isn't the O-Line that gave up 9 sacks or whatever but still. The Titans skill offensive players look good on paper but they almost never target the top options. Corey Davis is basically just a decoy at all times. AJ Brown was great in the first game, a ghost since. If they aren't going to extend Mariota there has to be a trade market for him judging by the QBpocalypse taking place this season. Tannehill looked alright in the preseason. Might be time to mix things up. Mariota looks alright when he isn't being destroyed. Some team might like to kick his tires around before signing him.

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2019, 07:38:34 PM »
I don't know why Minshew went in the 6th round, but you have to wonder what some of these scouts are actually watching or looking for. Only one of the games Washington State lost last year was because they didn't put up enough points. Secondly he played for Mike Leach for only one year and RIPPED IT UP.

I'm not saying he's guaranteed to be a starter in the NFL, but from what we've seen so far, it seems beyond question that a good QB coach could develop him into being one. The Jags don't have that, which is why I'm saying I'm not sure he'll be one.

It's also not like the Jags have great receivers. So I'm trying not to go overboard, but seriously, what the fuck

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 10:18:24 PM »
I don't know why Minshew went in the 6th round, but you have to wonder what some of these scouts are actually watching or looking for. Only one of the games Washington State lost last year was because they didn't put up enough points. Secondly he played for Mike Leach for only one year and RIPPED IT UP.

A lot of what Leach looks for in a QB primarily is accuracy and decision making. Rarely does he ever actually get a QB with a Stafford/Cam like arm in terms of strength to make the throws down the field or to the sidelines that the scouts like and they are almost always 6'0" to 6'2" in height so they lack the 'proto-typical' size. Anthony Gordon's ripping it up this year under Leach and he's listed at 6'3" 210, a pretty respectable size considering Leach's QB history.

Then you tie that into Leach's "history" of QBs (Kingsbury, B.J. Symons, Sonny Cumbie, Harrell, Connor Halliday, Luke Falk, now Minshew) + his still uniquely heavy pass Air Raid system that is anti-NFLized [All Shotgun, Very Up-Tempo, Audibling at LOS, Lots of Short to Medium Routes] and that's why almost all of his QBs have been universally undrafted if they were drafted at all. I think only Kingsbury, Falk, and Minshew were drafted and they all went in the 6th Round or 7th Round.

I'll stop here but I could go on for several more posts about the history of anti-Leach QBs (he was the pre-cursor behind the NFL's derision towards the Air Raid and scouts/HCs/GMs decrying the lack of QBs who played NFL offenses in college and how it made their jobs so much tougher).

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2019, 12:09:44 AM »
The times are a changing in the NFL.

Mike Leach is awesome.

I am in favor of any pro-Leach posts.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2019, 09:01:09 AM »
The NFL has finally banned on-field pyro after one too many accidents.  About time.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2019, 04:01:36 PM »

I hope they move back. I miss going to NFL games.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2019, 03:24:57 AM »
DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery are both out for the Eagles. Time for the young dogs to shine.

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2019, 04:22:26 AM »
Hey, did you know that Luke Falk was drafted in the same position and had his first start the same week of the season as Tom Brady?

This defense is fucking sick.

• Admin
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2019, 04:44:05 AM »
We need to replace our QB.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2019, 05:08:19 AM »
This Pats Jets game seems unfair.  It's like a varsity team toying with the JV.

I actually feel bad for Bell kinda.  He's wasting the rest of his prime years with a shit football franchise

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2019, 05:09:28 AM »
I like when the Jets, Fins, Bills are good.  This Jets game does NOT feel like a rivalry game.  Get your shit together rest of AFC BEAST

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2019, 05:15:32 AM »
The Jets shouldn't punt the rest of the game.  They have nothing to lose at this point.

Miami is hanging with Dallas which means the Cowboys are awful.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2019, 05:21:49 AM »
last 4 meetings @ Pats 80 something to bullshit in the first half

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2019, 05:59:00 AM »
I still think next week v. Buffalo is going to be NE's first true test, especially if Edleman and/or Gordon don't play.  No White and Develin today has really made the offense one-dimensional.

Offline strummer

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2019, 06:07:33 AM »
The Jets have actually got some pressure on Brady today forcing poor throws but they are so inept in every other facet it hasn't mattered

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2019, 06:19:07 AM »
Oh, Gunner......

Special teams have allowed more points than the defense now.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2019, 06:36:52 AM »
Honestly, when we actually face some good offenses this defense will give up some points, that's inevitable.  But if forcing turnovers and hoping to stop the offense is the gameplan to a victory against New England I don't know

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2019, 06:39:30 AM »
Man, they actually pulled Brady.  The ultimate insult.

And now the offense has given up more points than the defense.

Offline strummer

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2019, 06:42:26 AM »
Lol the Jets are going to cover without scoring an offensive td

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2019, 06:45:50 AM »
And Brady is back in. 

Matthew Slater ST GAWD

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2019, 06:51:25 AM »
Matt Slater deserves to be in the HOF for being one of the greatest special teams dudes in history

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2019, 06:54:40 AM »
Pats are pissed that they aren't destroying the spread now

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2019, 06:57:53 AM »
the CBS feed I was watching was weirdly staring at Bell for a long time.  I'm not listening because it's in Italian or some shit.  Why? 

Bell looked like, "why the fuck am I here?"  He looked like he missed the Steelers.  Sure, they never won in NE either, but at least they put up a fight

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2019, 07:05:12 AM »
I feel bad for this Falk dude too.  He looks so unprepared to be a starting NFL QB.  They need to sign Tebow agian

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2019, 07:07:15 AM »
Jackson is a beast.  KC's D still seems pretty mediocre.

Online Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2019, 07:15:01 AM »
Lions did their best to give this one away.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2019, 07:19:45 AM »
A little close for comfort but good win. Probably will get curb stomped next week but can’t wait anyway.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2019, 08:19:22 AM »
I wasn't able to watch the earlier games, but I see Green Bay is 3-0.  Now time for our second Thursday night game in a month.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2019, 08:43:25 AM »
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2019, 08:44:00 AM »

White privilege