Author Topic: 2019 NBA Preseason Thread  (Read 1156 times)

Description:

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
2019 NBA Preseason Thread
« on: September 27, 2019, 03:00:45 AM »
Given that it's still in the 70s here in New England, it's hard to believe that it's almost time to Roundball Rock again. The 2019 NBA preseason officially starts this weekend with six teams (Lakers, Nets, Raptors, Rockets, Pacers, and Kings) opening up their training camps. Other 24 teams open up their training camps on Tuesday.

Discuss the upcoming season and make your 2019-20 NBA season predictions ITT. Which team will come out on top and hold the Larry O'Brien Trophy after this wild & wacky offseason?

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Re: 2019 NBA Preseason Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 02:46:08 PM »
The Grizzlies have decided to not have Josh Jackson do training camp with the team and have him start the season in the G-League.  Guess it is time to start the pool for when he will be out of the league.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »
Center Hassan Whiteside has never averaged more than one assist in any season but he predicts that will change dramatically in his first season with the Trail Blazers, Jason Quick of The Athletic reports. “I think I’m going to blossom a lot here,” Whiteside told Quick. “They have so much movement, they have so many different plays and reads, I can probably get a triple-double with assists here. You know, I’ve been getting so many assists and dimes … I’m playing more like a point-center here.”

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
While outside shooting was always part of Anthony Bennett‘s game, he has spent the past few seasons refining his three-point shot in preparation for his next NBA opportunity. That opportunity has come with the Western Conference contender Houston Rockets.

Bennett will have to wait to showcase the improvements he’s made to his game, however. As Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle writes, the 26-year-old will begin training camp on the sidelines recovering from left knee tendinitis.

The Rockets currently have just 11 fully guaranteed contracts on their roster, which leaves ample room for a player like Bennett to stick with the squad when the regular season begins. If Bennett’s impact when he returns to health is anything like it was in the G League when he shot 45.3% from beyond the arc last season, there’s a good chance that he does just that.

I pay so little attention to the G League outside of who's in Westchester I didn't even realize he played there last season.  Still young enough to make a comeback, would be a great story.  Imagine if after all these years Anthony F'n Bennett is Houston's missing piece...

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 01:21:31 AM »
He played for the Maine Red Claws two years ago and got a ton of DNP-Coach's Decisions and I never really understood the reason why other than they probably thought "This guy sucks." It seems like he could have been a useful bench piece for the Celtics that year but he never even came close to getting called up.

I'll always have the fond memories though of the fact that when I went on my first date with my girlfriend, it was at a Red Claws game during his brief forgettable tenure on the team. Whenever I felt nervous during a break in conversation, I looked at Anthony Bennett sulking at the end of the bench and felt better  :)

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 04:38:22 AM »
get fuckin hyped

@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 04:45:42 AM »

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 07:19:08 AM »
I flipped over to one of the prediction shows on NBATV this morning and the panel was discussing whether or not the Celtics would win more than 50 games and talking about them as if they had somewhat of a shot still at the Eastern Conference title. I was absolutely baffled  I'm almost as much a Cs homer as Tommy Heinsohn but even I would be happy with 45 wins and a second round appearance. Discussion seemed absurd. I'd love to be proven wrong, of course but tbh, I've heard just as many predictions that Celtics would miss playoffs entirely as them making it back to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 07:30:21 AM »
I am pretty positive the Celtics will be better this year than last year.  I truly think Kemba over Kyrie will be a better fit for the team.  Kyrie is more dynamic individually but I think this team will be more like the team where Kyrie was out hurt and they took the Cavs to the limit.

While they got all the praise in the offeseason, I still don't think Brooklyn will be much better than last year.  I think Philly with Old Man Horford in a support role will be better than having Jimmy Butts in there but this should be Milwaukee's conference to lose.  I can see the Celtics in the top half of the conference and potentially upsetting Milwaukee or Philly as not too far-fetched.  No way they miss the Eastern playoffs.
[img width=800

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 07:33:43 AM »
They're probably still good enough for one round in the East.  But I think it's a two-team race as far as going to the Finals between the Bucks and Sixers.  Leaning towards the Bucks right now, but I do really like the Sixers adding Horford.  Leaning towards the Clippers right now in the West

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 07:37:21 AM »
I am pretty positive the Celtics will be better this year than last year.  I truly think Kemba over Kyrie will be a better fit for the team.  Kyrie is more dynamic individually but I think this team will be more like the team where Kyrie was out hurt and they took the Cavs to the limit.

I think Kemba is a better fit chemistry wise than Kyrie for sure but tbh, I'm more concerned with the lack of bench depth with Marcus Morris and Aron Baynes leaving. Enes Kanter is a slight downgrade from Big Al but I think will be another chemistry guy.

Even though I think they'll lose a few more games and drop in the standings a bit, I think this year's team will be exponentially more fun than the last and I'm cautiously optimistic about the long term future. God. The 2018-19 Boston Celtics are up there with some of those early '00s Red Sox teams for least fun teams I've ever rooted for.

I think it's going to come down between The Bucks and The Sixers. I don't think Toronto will fall off too badly and will probably be in contention for the 3 seed. I think Boston will be in 4 to 6 seed range again.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 07:57:17 AM »
The Pacers are the big wild card with Oladipo's situation.  If he comes back and is relatively the same guy, I think they are the third best team.  But I've seen December or January described as "hopeful" for a return, so that would probably be too late, although I still think they stay in the playoffs.

Interested to see how hard the Raptors fall.  Siakam is probably their #1 option now, and I'm not sure that is enough to scare the likes of the Bucks and Sixers.  They're still a playoff team, but probably in the lower half of the bracket.

Miami is my sleeper team in the East.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a top 4 seed, although that is probably a best-case scenario.

This is a throwaway year for the Nets while they wait on Durant.  One-and-done.

Orlando is the team I think falls out for the Heat to get in.  Detroit stays because I think Drummond steps it up with his free agency pending, and they made some decent bench adds with Markeiff Morris and D-Rose.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 08:40:37 AM »
Miami, as currently constructed, is that team that could be a competitive threat or a non-factor and I wouldn't really be surprised either way.

I think Indiana has enough talent to be a low-end playoff team in the East without Victor, so it will be interesting when he comes back to see how quickly he gets up and running.
[img width=800

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2019, 08:41:13 AM »
Was downright stunned to discover that Avery Bradley is only 28 years old.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 08:42:24 AM »
Was downright stunned to discover that Avery Bradley is only 28 years old.

Yup.  That one and done in Texas makes it hard to remember but he was in that John Wall draft class so he's been around a long time now.
[img width=800

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 08:44:29 AM »
I kind of wrote him off as one of those stereotypical superwashed "let's ride on LeBron's coattails and try get a ring" signings but the Maine Red Claw great might end up still having some life in him.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 08:47:36 AM »
He went from the underutilized secret weapon when Rondo departed to being considered such a huge loss when the Celtics dealt him for Morris but no one has really used him to his strengths since he left Boston.  Wondered if we'd see a flash when he was with Doc and the Clippers but he didn't really get as much recognition in Boston until the Stevens years.  I am guessing he will probably have his best fit since leaving the Boston with this Lakers team and the kind of things they will want from him on the court.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 04:43:39 PM »
Random news - former NBA player Kevin Martin is buying an Australian league team
[img width=800

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 03:29:13 AM »
I really hope they're able to convince Old Man Vince to do one last Slam Dunk Contest this season.

Offline Grit, Toughness, Soul, & Spirit

• brock lock
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2019, 03:56:23 AM »
I'll take a shot at predicting conference projections and with everything looking so different it's very difficult:

East:

1. Milwaukee Bucks
2. Philadelphia 76ers
3. Indiana Pacers
4. Boston Celtics
5. Toronto Raptors
6. Brooklyn Nets
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Detroit Pistons
9. Miami Heat
10. Chicago Bulls
11. Orlando Magic
12. New York Knicks
13. Washington Wizards
14. Charlotte Hornets
15. Cleveland Cavaliers

West:

1. Los Angeles Clippers
2. Utah Jazz
3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. Portland Trailblazers
5. Houston Rockets
6. Denver Nuggets
7. New Orleans Pelicans
8. Golden State Warriors
9. Sacramento Kings
10. San Antonio Spurs
11. Minnesota Timberwolves
12. Oklahoma City Thunder
13. Dallas Mavericks
14. Phoenix Suns
15. Memphis Grizzlies

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 04:09:36 AM »
I'm going to wait until closer to the regular season before I make any predictions but am I the only one who thinks the LA Lakers might end up being vastly overrated again? I highly doubt they'll miss the playoffs again but I honestly don't think they're that much better. Idk if I'd put them in the second tier of top teams let alone the first tier.

Yeah, I know "But LeBron and AD!" but LeBron is finally starting to show signs of aging and AD consistently missed 15 to 25 games a season with injuries. After them? What is there? If Kuzma doesn't show up in a major way then they are fucked and I could see them pretty easily falling down to a 6 to 8 seed.

And this isn't just my NEW ENGLAND MAN BIAS!

Offline Grit, Toughness, Soul, & Spirit

• brock lock
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 05:04:44 AM »
I got them making the playoffs unless both LeBron and AD miss a lot of time, but I could see them falling to 7 or 8.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2019, 07:49:16 AM »
I think they're in the 4-6 range probably.  I really liked the additions of Danny Green and Jared Dudley, Green especially.  I think that move gets slept on.  I still love Rondo.  I'm not very high on the rest of the roster.  Kuzma is ok, but he put up stats on a bad team and wasn't very efficient doing it.  Huge year for him to see if he can really live up to the hype he gets in some circles and shows more of an all around game.  Howard and Bradley are cooked, don't see either contributing much.  McGee is solid enough and a good fit next to AD I think.  KCP is meh, not a difference maker.  What else do they have?  I know some people are high on Caruso but I've never seen him outside of highlights so no comment.  Do they still have Lance?

let's say LBJ and AD stay relatively healthy (AD actually was last year), and they combined play 146 games.  They'd be wise to stagger them and give them nights off.  I think that's probably a 50 win team.

I'll do some full standings and thoughts on teams later on.  This is gonna be such a fun season I think.  There's a bunch of teams that could just as easily be top 4-5 in their conference as miss the playoffs completely.  The really bad teams are going to be murdered on a nightly basis.  I think Charlotte could break the record for futility, they're lucky they're in the East.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »
If healthy, I think they're in 3 to 5 seed range. But even in best case scenario, I see LeBron and AD missing more than a handful of games for rest purposes and I don't see them stacking enough regular season wins to get past Clippers and Houston and I think they could fall behind Utah and Denver as well.

I'm looking forward to Scary Terry scoring 50 points for the Hornets in a random blowout at some point this season. That's my random prediction for the season.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2019, 10:20:35 AM »
The Clippers have Kawhi who takes 20 games off and Paul George has a bum shoulder. He'll miss at least the start of the season. FYI

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2019, 10:37:27 AM »

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2019, 11:31:06 AM »
The Clippers have Kawhi who takes 20 games off and Paul George has a bum shoulder. He'll miss at least the start of the season. FYI

Yeah, they're in that 4-6 range for me too.  Even with those two missing time they have a really good team.  Beverly, LouWill, Shamet, Harrell, Zubac, Harkless.  JaMychal Green was an underrated pickup.  And they have one of the best coaches in the league.  As long as they don't miss KL and PG at the same time for extended stretches they'll be fine.

FWIW I have Houston, Denver and Utah top 3 in some order and I'm locked on that barring injuries.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2019, 01:01:49 PM »
EAST

1. Milwaukee
2. Philadelphia
3. Boston
4. Indiana
5. Toronto
6. Brooklyn
7. Miami
8. Orlando
9. Detroit
10. Atlanta
11. Chicago
12. New York
13. Washington
14. Cleveland
15. Charlotte

WEST

1. LA Clippers
2. Utah
3. Houston
4. Denver
5. LA Lakers
6. Golden State
7. Portland
8. San Antonio
9. Dallas
10. New Orleans
11. Sacramento
12. Minnesota
13. OKC
14. Phoenix
15. Memphis

FINALS

Clippers over Bucks

MVP
Giannis

1st TEAM
F: Giannis
F: Davis
C: Embiid
G: Curry
G: Harden

2nd TEAM
F: Kawhi
F: George
C: Jokic
G: LeBron (playing point this year, right?  They will still vote him as a forward, I bet)
G: Lillard

3rd TEAM
F: Doncic
F: Butler
C: KAT
G: Westbrook
G: Mitchell

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2019, 01:19:16 PM »
I should clarify that while I did say I was leaning toward the Clippers coming out of the West, I don't think they'll be the #1 seed for the reasons 909 stated.  I could see Denver or Utah ending up in that spot, although I would give the LA teams a better shot at winning in the postseason and getting to the Finals.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 03:03:02 AM »
Kawahi supposedly is 100% healthy this year and won't need any minutes restrictions. I'm sure that won't actually be the case but I think he will play more games than he has in past three regular seasons and like Roy said, The Clippers retained the core of their team from last year which was pretty dang good. Not going to guarantee they'll pile up wins like recent Warriors teams but I could see them winning 60+ games pretty easy.

also can someone explain to me why the heck Shaq and Dame Lillard are releasing diss tracks against each other? Seems like a random ass NBA beef. Shaq claims that Trevor Ariza is better than Dame, Dame says The Lakers only won rings in the early '00s cause of Kobe. Shut up! Shut up! You're both wrong. Why do you hate each other!?

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2019, 02:06:40 AM »
Some pretty major, somewhat under the radar news on the business side.

The Rockets have basically been China’s adopted team since they drafted Yao.  Daryl Morey put out a tweet in support of the Hong Kong protestors yesterday and now the Rockets have essentially been cancelled and banned by China.
[img width=800

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2019, 11:17:42 AM »
Plowing through some of the NBATV team by team previews and watched the Lakers episode this evening.

I straight up forgot that the Lakers front office sort of forced Frank Vogel to take on Jason Kidd (and Lionel Hollins) as assistant coaches. That seems slightly fucked up. Vogel's already got as tenuous of a reign as you're going to get for a new head coach and then you make him take on two guys who really want to be head coaches again on your bench. I could see this not ending very well.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2019, 05:06:09 AM »
Kawahi supposedly is 100% healthy this year and won't need any minutes restrictions. I'm sure that won't actually be the case but I think he will play more games than he has in past three regular seasons and like Roy said, The Clippers retained the core of their team from last year which was pretty dang good. Not going to guarantee they'll pile up wins like recent Warriors teams but I could see them winning 60+ games pretty easy.

also can someone explain to me why the heck Shaq and Dame Lillard are releasing diss tracks against each other? Seems like a random ass NBA beef. Shaq claims that Trevor Ariza is better than Dame, Dame says The Lakers only won rings in the early '00s cause of Kobe. Shut up! Shut up! You're both wrong. Why do you hate each other!?

I think Leonard plays 70ish games.  I've got him in the second and third (!!!) rd in fantasy drafts.  I think everyone thinks he's going to play like 50 games, but I don't see that happening.  The dude I'm staying away from is PG13.  Double shoulder surgery.  Fuck.  I don't think he's gonna be shooting the ball at a high clip this season

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2019, 05:23:10 AM »
Some pretty major, somewhat under the radar news on the business side.

The Rockets have basically been China’s adopted team since they drafted Yao.  Daryl Morey put out a tweet in support of the Hong Kong protestors yesterday and now the Rockets have essentially been cancelled and banned by China.
The NBA issued a public statement apologizing to China over this and now Morey is in hot water and there's an off chance he could fired over this.

This is a bunch of garbage. NBA is only woke when it doesn't hurt their bottom line.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 02:31:38 AM »
Well I'm glad that last post was proven wrong. Adam Silver did a press conference before the Rockets-Raptors game in Japan, defending Morey and any NBA employees' right to free speech RE: criticizing China.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2019, 08:15:09 AM »
KD was asked why he went with BK over the NYK ... and he didn't mince his words.

“It's hard to get the best players to play [for the Knicks]. It's hard," KD says.

"I think a lot of fans look at the Knicks as a brand and expect these younger players who, in their lifetime, don’t remember the Knicks being good."

"I saw the Knicks in the Finals, but the kids coming up after me didn’t see that. So, that whole brand of the Knicks, to them, is not as cool to them as, say, a Golden State Warriors or even the Lakers or the Nets now. The cool thing right now is not the Knicks.”

Damn

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2019, 08:24:40 AM »
Nets are cool

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2019, 08:43:32 AM »

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2019, 09:21:01 AM »
lol

Offline Gert

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2019, 02:59:14 PM »
I think Silver screwed up by having the differing NBA messages to the US and then China. He then had to come stronger defending Morey's freedom of speech.

I also do find it interesting that a lot of the Outrage Police (cough Clay Travis) are some of the biggest NBA critics or non-fans of the NBA anyway.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2019, 10:58:31 PM »
I'm trying to find it, but I read a Tweet last night that had a comment from the China government saying that they don't agree with Silver and that people saying things about the government isn't considered Freedom of Speech, and shouldn't be accepted. Fuck them.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2019, 11:50:31 PM »
I'm trying to find it, but I read a Tweet last night that had a comment from the China government saying that they don't agree with Silver and that people saying things about the government isn't considered Freedom of Speech, and shouldn't be accepted. Fuck them.

Yeah, they mentioned that on The Jump yesterday: it was supposedly a comment made by CCTV, the largest state-run broadcast channel in China. It makes one wonder, if they don't think that criticism of the government is considered freedom of speech, what exactly do they think freedom of speech is?

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2019, 01:47:23 AM »
Criticizing other countries' governments?

I think the NBA's collapsing relationship with China will be lowkey the biggest off the court story of the 2019-20 season. This probably has huge ramifications money wise for the NBA. I know this story's drawn a lot of attention from derp derp conservatives that hate the NBA anyway like Clay Travis and Marco Rubio but what's going on in China should be called out. It's funny cause Morey's tweet was the gentlest criticism.

Sounds like the preseason games between the Nets and Lakers this weekend in Shanghai are canceled.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2019, 02:09:15 AM »
Can’t wait till Starbury saves this relationship

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2019, 02:34:01 AM »
lol

Offline Gert

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2019, 12:51:28 PM »
One of the more interesting "stick to sports" tidbits is that if China does pull out of their TV deals that once they decide on the revenue dates that the salary cap may go down by $8 Million dollars per year.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2019, 02:46:06 AM »
Comeback of the Century over

Offline Chosun

• 11 Year Veteran
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2019, 06:40:12 PM »
Quick plug - check out my pod if you get a chance. This weeks’ guest was Fox Sports Indianapolis sideline reporter Jeremiah Johnson.
Stand Alone Player: https://share.transistor.fm/s/3bb79d8b
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-paceroos-podcast/id1477828540?i=1000453000254
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1kOSmDsd5iUq3t9Lh6mpDS?si=rYPYTzRFREmP32SvXL4XUg
TSM NBA H2H Year 10 - Championship or Bust
G - Damian Lillard
G - Trae Young
G - Jeff Teague
F - Anthony Davis
F - Josh Richardson
F - Zach Collins
C - Brook Lopez
Util - Goran Dragic
BN - Alex Len
BN - Harrison Barnes
BN - Michael Porter Jr

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2019, 10:36:24 PM »
NBA has placed a "temporary ban" for all media in China.

That'll go over well.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2019, 10:39:25 PM »
I was watching the NBATV Season Preview for the Oklahoma City Thunder before work this morning.

Hot take but does anyone think Presti may have botched tanking? Everybody seems to assume that everyone is going to get traded ASAP and they're going to be godawful but Chris Paul's contract is a LOT to take on and the roster on paper (if moderately healthy), I feel like they could sneak into the playoffs as 7-8 seed. Which is fine if you're the Sacramento Kings but the last thing OKC wants.