Author Topic: China made me start this thread (NBA Oct/Nov)  (Read 5891 times)

Description:

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
Re: China made me start this thread (NBA Oct/Nov)
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2019, 04:48:44 AM »
bah gawd the impact of the XFL already being felt throughout the sports world, vince is still an innovator

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2019, 01:38:10 PM »
I'm too old to be walking around wearing a jersey, but I kinda want to cop that throwback Grizzlies fit.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2019, 01:40:22 PM »
LeBron and Davis on the same team is very unfair.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »
Sounds like it's just "concussion like symptoms" and not a serious neck injury thank god

I'll take that with how bad it looked initially. Wish there was a less looking scary way to handle concussion protocol. Every Celtics fan on Twitter Friday night legit thought Kemba was paralyzed!

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2019, 03:15:04 AM »
Are the Lakers like the Warriors this year? Maybe they won’t have that longevity, but at least to me, they look unstoppable for the next two seasons. Could be more depending on how James’s body holds up.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2019, 03:20:43 AM »
Kemba Walker diagnosed with neck sprain and is listed as doubtful for tomorrow against the SacKings.

Wow. It's a miracle that that injury looked that bad and he's not even 100% out for the next game. Thank Red Auerbach!

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2019, 03:39:43 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28151727/lebron-james-frustrated-failure-reach-foul-line-lakers-win

This article is hilarious on so many levels

As a Knicks fan who saw this happen for years with Melo, I don't feel bad for LeBron at all.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2019, 04:30:43 AM »
Zach Lavine had a fuck you Boylen game after getting benched the previous game and hit thirteen threes (tying Steph for number two all time) and scored a career high 49 points. Boylen has definitely not lost the team.

Since he was mentioned, MELO WATCH: in 3 games he is 15 of 44 in shooting and 5 of 16 from 3

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2019, 04:53:24 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28151727/lebron-james-frustrated-failure-reach-foul-line-lakers-win

As a Knicks fan who saw this happen for years with Melo, I don't feel bad for LeBron at all.

The point that he is officiated differently because of his size/physicality is probably a valid one; there is historical precedent as we saw it with Shaq as well throughout his career.  But, you kind of lose the right to bitch about it following a 1-point win where your team had a 29-13 edge in FTAs.  Not to mentioned he was just handed a game on the line about a week ago against the Kings.

I was mainly pointing towards his teammates saying he has never flopped or exaggerated calls before.  Like, did they ever watch this dude play before becoming his teammate?  Also, Jared Dudley name-dropping Harden in his never-ending quest to have a feud with a superstar to make himself seem relevant.  You're a fucking bum, deal with it.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2019, 07:34:34 AM »

The point that he is officiated differently because of his size/physicality is probably a valid one; there is historical precedent as we saw it with Shaq as well throughout his career.  But, you kind of lose the right to bitch about it following a 1-point win where your team had a 29-13 edge in FTAs.  Not to mentioned he was just handed a game on the line about a week ago against the Kings.

And Melo was officiated differently, too. He would go to the rim, get hacked, and there would be no call, because he didn't flail around and try to draw fouls like guys like Harden do. He was once asked if he would start to flop or embellish more to draw the fouls, and he replied that he wouldn't resort to doing that and that the refs should just call the fouls like they're meant to be called. Different styles have always been called differently.

The second part of what you said is 100% true. Just because he wasn't getting the calls doesn't mean the rest of the team wasn't either.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2019, 03:47:57 PM »
If Golden State switched out their entire available roster with Santa Cruz, would you even be able to tell the difference?

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2019, 02:23:25 AM »
Even old ass Melo can torch the Bulls going for 25. Lauri is basically trash right now and is playing like TJ Leaf or something. He's supposedly injured, but is playing through it which shows GRIT, TOUGHNESS, SOUL, AND SPIRIT. He looks unplayable though on both ends and definitely needs to sit.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2019, 03:41:04 AM »
shows GRIT, TOUGHNESS, SOUL, AND SPIRIT. He looks unplayable though

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2019, 03:49:35 AM »

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2019, 08:06:19 AM »
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2019/11/26/20984434/chicago-bulls-gar-forman-hot-seat-jerry-reinsdorf-jim-boylen

Before I get excited for change it sounds like Paxson or Boylen aren't going anywhere and Doug Collins (who was behind the times in the NBA ten years ago) would try to weasel in Gar's spot if he ever got fired. So, nothing to see here.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2019, 08:56:08 AM »
100% on Melo not getting calls, and one reason I loved him as a baller.  No blood no foul is the way I was taught.  And I loved his response to flopping to get calls and he's just like "nah, not gonna do that."

One thing I hate to see in basketball is it turning into euro soccer with the overselling.  I still maintain that D-Wade was the worst offender and since the refs rewarded him for it a whole generation of dudes are pussified

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2019, 05:00:48 AM »
What do you think is more likely; AD getting a tribute video when he returns to New Orleans tonight or Kyrie getting a tribute video whenever he returns to Boston?

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2019, 08:20:32 AM »
AD. I don't think Boston likes Kyrie at all.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2019, 08:21:56 AM »
AD for sure.  The fans are probably gonna shit on him but the organization will most likely be respectful of his accomplishments.  Kyrie was only in Boston two seasons and was only on the court for about half of it.  The Celtics don't seem like the org that would pay tribute to a tenure like his as storied as they are.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2019, 08:38:43 AM »
AD should get a video tribute but seeing how it'll probably get shit all over by the fans, I don't see why they would. It's wisest to wait a few years until tempers have settled down and people are able to remember how he carried the team on his back for a while rather than how he left.

Mike Scott got a video tribute from the Hawks so I suppose anything is possible RE: Kyrie getting a tribute I doubt it. I think Celtics management will treat him like most people treat a crazy ex girlfriend. You can't deny that there were some fun & exciting times but you're just left wishing not to acknowledge their existence. Honestly, I kind of wish the Celtics never made the IT4 for Kyrie trade. I'm not going to point an accusatory finger at Danny Ainge for doing it. Especially since he probably IT4 was washed and when a Top 15 (if not Top 10 or higher) player becomes easily available, you got make a run for him.

Man oh man, at the end of the day, there were more headaches than good time with Kyrie on the Celtics. I'm glad he's Brooklyn's problem now. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2019, 01:22:46 PM »
Damn my lying eyes. The lakers are down eight right now, and it feels like they've got the Pelicans right where they want them.

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2019, 04:36:53 PM »
Boylen getting buried by the post game guys after the Bulls lose to the Warriors

Boylen also started playing Luke Kornet again and mentioned eating turkey in his post game press conference

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2019, 05:05:10 PM »
Damn my lying eyes. The lakers are down eight right now, and it feels like they've got the Pelicans right where they want them.

Yup. As long as Davis and LeBron play well, they only need one other guy to have a decent offensive night if they want to win. It can be anyone else on the team because they roll ten deep. They can also still win if one of those guys has a bad shooting night, as long as two other people have a good offensive game.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2019, 01:56:01 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28181341/frustrated-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-cuts-hand-breaking-clipboard
DAMN SEEMS LIKE BULLS-WARRIORS WAS A GREAT GAME FOR HARD NOSED, OLD SCHOOL BASKETBALL COACHES!

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2019, 02:08:41 AM »
Hell yeah look at how breathtaking the offense was on both ends

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2019, 02:16:08 AM »
That honestly looks like when they let youth basketball teams play on the court for a couple minutes during halftime. WTH? I WOULD'VE BROKEN THE CLIPBOARD OVER MY HEAD IF I WERE COACH KERR!

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2019, 02:17:38 AM »
Lol that looked like basketball at the park

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2019, 02:21:54 AM »
AC Green was a master of "load management" alright. ;D ;D ;D

When we talk about NBA records that'll never be broken, AC Green going through an entire 16 year career while remaining a virgin should come up.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2019, 02:55:00 AM »
Lakers have the record for the biggest gap between the dude with the most bangs and the dude with the least

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2019, 05:17:42 AM »
Hell yeah look at how breathtaking the offense was on both ends

smfh these millennial fans just can't appreciate hard nosed defence THE WAY BOOMERS DID IN THE 90s HEAT VS KNICKS FUCK YEAR

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2019, 07:05:43 AM »
hell of a sequence right there.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2019, 07:31:27 AM »
Rough holiday for my man Enes between this and his ex Dana Brooke being wooed by Batista.

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2019, 04:00:50 PM »
Bulls lose again followed by another insane press conference.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2019, 09:50:02 PM »
LMAO

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2019, 03:46:22 AM »
I'm not convinced that Jim Boylan legit isn't mildly retarded.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2019, 10:37:23 AM »
Boylen is just one of them positive thinker types; Boylen is gonna be a top tier coach just give it some more time.