Author Topic: 2019 NFL Week 11: Lamar Jackson MVP Case Continues  (Read 1568 times)

Description:

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
2019 NFL Week 11: Lamar Jackson MVP Case Continues
« on: November 12, 2019, 10:14:42 PM »
In early news for next week, The NFL has flexed the Week 12 game between the Packers and 49ers to Sunday Night Football on NBC. Seahawks vs. Eagles will move to earlier in the day as a result.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

Re: 2019 NFL Week 11: Lamar Jackson MVP Case Continues
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 12:53:14 AM »
Another loss this week is entirely possible considering they were saved by a Tre White INT in Buffalo.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 01:47:54 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28067012/teams-invited-colin-kaepernick-workout-saturday

I don't know why the NFL is doing this now. He probably could start for a few teams.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 02:39:47 AM »
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28067012/teams-invited-colin-kaepernick-workout-saturday

I don't know why the NFL is doing this now. He probably could start for a few teams.

There's some speculation that it was possibly part of an agreement between Kaepernick, his agent, and the NFL as far as setting up a workout during the regular season. I'm sure on Kaepernick's part, he wanted to hold it this late for several reasons: If signed he isn't locked into a multi-year deal only to see himself get benched in Year 2/get cut and run into this same issue, to see how QB injuries occur and effect various teams early in the season, and get himself into shape physically so he can show there is little to no concerns in that regard.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 03:26:39 AM »
Apparently Kap said on Twitter that this comes as a surprise and that they were just informed yesterday. As far as he knew, they were still negotiating the workout. They also wanted it to be on a Tuesday so that most of the people who make the hiring decisions could attend if they wanted to. Also all NFL teams found out today when it was announced, so they've got until Saturday to make a decision on if they want him or not. You could imagine that Kap wanted to give teams more time and requested it, but was ultimately turned down.

This is entirely a PR stunt.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 04:16:41 AM »

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 04:45:22 AM »
He's so not a good coach, but whatever. You do you Jets.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 06:12:11 AM »
I don't see any real point bringing Kaep on to a team. His performance would have to be at all-pro levels to make the media shitstorm even remotely worth it. This is why teams wanted nothing to do with him. A media shitstorm isn't worth it over a backup level quarterback.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 08:24:23 AM »
It is a shit storm regardless of if he's signed or not. Just even doing this at this point to say "hey, we gave him a chance" is a fucked up thing to do, because you just fan the fires. Especially by doing it so fucking half assed.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 10:44:09 AM »
LOL Jets

Online Aero

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »
I’ll say this for Gase: the only way the Jets should seriously consider moving on is if Darnold continues to show drastic regression in the remaining weeks. Otherwise, what respected head coach wants to come to a team with such a quick trigger finger?

Valid excuse or not, the amount of injuries sustained this year by the starters has been absurd.

The starting RG, TE, and CB have all been placed on IR since this tweet.

And I don’t mean to imply that Gase is blameless in this mess. After having to watch the combined efforts of Trevor Siemien, Luke Falk, and David Fales at QB, it pisses me off to watch backups like Kyle Allen and Gardener Minshew step in so seamlessly for their respective offenses. He needs to do better.

The GM, who came aboard to work with Gase, hasn’t even put his fingerprints on the roster yet, since he was hired in June (lol). For what it’s worth, he’s been anointed with the ‘respected in league circles’ tag, so there’s that. He has to be better than the last GM, whose poor drafting has been on full display more than usual this year. No one remains from the 2015 class, and all but the top two picks from 2017 are gone. At least the new GM seems to realize that among all the holes on the roster, OLine should likely be the priority.

There's another rebuild ahead. May as well stick with the HC/GM combo that want to work with each other. It seems to be working for San Fran, after 6 and 4 win seasons that were riddled with injuries.

And apropos of nothing, I find Gase’s personality and and demeanor really amusing.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 08:04:44 AM »
Apparently 11 teams committed to showing up for Kaepernick's camp, another 11 are expected to show up.

So if that's 22 teams, that means a lot of teams are pretty desperate to have a solid backup or a starter in the NFL. Quite surprising, honestly speaking.

The 11 confirmed are Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins.

Some of those confirmations are kind of surprising to me, some are not.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 08:22:07 AM »
The Colts should go. He can't be worse than Brian Hoyer
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 02:47:02 PM »

AFC North Football

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 03:02:22 PM »
Garrett should be suspended the rest of the year, if not longer.  That's basically assault.

• Admin
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 03:16:56 PM »
Garrett should be suspended the rest of the year, if not longer.  That's basically assault.

Not just assault. That can fucking kill someone who doesn't have a helmet on and that's not even slightly an exaggeration. Maurkice Pouncey is a great teammate for defending his QB.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 03:28:53 PM »
Also, I'm the furthest thing from a Steelers fan cause I hate the motherfuckers, but I don't wanna hear poor Browns ever again. His teammates and Browns fans were celebrating while this loser piece of shit was trying to cause someone to have a permanent brain injury. If he hits him with any other part of the helmet Rudolph is in a coma or dead.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »
It's been a rough season for Rudolph's skull.

I would think Garrett would be suspended for the rest of the season. 6 games left.

Rudolph probably should get suspended for at least 1 game, maybe 2. He started the entire brawl by trying to rip Garrett's helmet off after he got taken down. Rudolph acting totally innocent in post game pressers was pretty pitiful. Rudolph needs to sit a game or two to realize don't start a riot with a crazy fuck because crazy shit can happen.

Garrett needs to get his shit together. He's had other personal fouls this year and now this. IF he doesn't get banned for this shit, he will be on a very short behavior leash the rest of his career.

Both organizations are scum franchises.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 05:46:19 PM »
That whole situation was disgusting tonight, props to the Steelers offensive linemen that stepped up.

Apparently 11 teams committed to showing up for Kaepernick's camp, another 11 are expected to show up.

So if that's 22 teams, that means a lot of teams are pretty desperate to have a solid backup or a starter in the NFL. Quite surprising, honestly speaking.

The 11 confirmed are Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins.

Some of those confirmations are kind of surprising to me, some are not.
I hate to think in these terms, but it'd probably be best if he goes to a team with a more socially progressive fan base. I hear a lot of shit, and politics and football mix whether I like it or not. Just locally I know of people that are still "boycotting" the NFL for the anthem story. I'd imagine in regions with similar mindsets, signing him would have the expected PR nightmare on top of all the blowhards with a Facebook.

Not all sports fan bases are overrun with racist rednecks, right?

• Admin
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 06:11:57 PM »
There were a lot of Raider fans that would rather have had Kap than Carr.

I think if that guy throws some touchdowns and wins football games, nobody will care. He was also better than the quarterbacks on many of those teams are now.

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 11:58:49 PM »
The Garrett thing was disgusting and Ogunbajo (sp?) blatantly shoving a clearly helmet-less Rudolph from behind was pretty disgusting too. All it takes is Rudolph landing wrong or hitting his head against a teammate's knee and that's at least a concussion if not worse.

Pouncey will probably get suspended, and I think he's a dirty player on a team that's frequently been dirty, but props for him standing up for Rudolph and what happened.

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2019, 03:03:12 AM »
Suspensions handed out already. Pouncey gets 3 games for fighting. Ogunjobi gets just 1 game for unnecessary roughness. Garrett has been suspended indefinitely (minimum regular season & postseason this year) and will have to meet with Goodell.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2019, 04:56:56 AM »
Garrett needed a longer suspension. Pouncey shouldn't have a suspension for more than Ogunjobi.

I also hope Garrett goes to jail over that. There's part of the game, but the moment a helmet is off, that's assault.

Also Garrett's interview where he's talking like it is someone else's problem? Yeah, no fuck him. That isn't you? No you fucking proved that it was you, by how you fucking didn't seem to care afterwards.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2019, 05:04:51 AM »
I'm fine with all those suspensions. Keeps the main people out of the Steelers/Browns game in 2 weeks.

However, nothing for Rudolph. As always in the NFL its okay for the shit starter to start a riot. So much for accountability. I expect the Browns to try to take some dirty hits on Rudolph in 2 weeks. NFL basically is setting up another riot for ratings.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2019, 05:14:48 AM »
But it was always the Bengals who started it...never the classy Steelers.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 05:22:08 AM »
Sorry, I should've mentioned that Rudolph should've gotten one game for his role. still though, fuck Garrett.

• Admin
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 07:13:24 AM »

Poor Browns

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2019, 07:34:44 AM »
I wish he would've hit him harder
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2019, 09:42:17 AM »

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2019, 12:06:42 PM »
I'm fine with all those suspensions. Keeps the main people out of the Steelers/Browns game in 2 weeks.

However, nothing for Rudolph. As always in the NFL its okay for the shit starter to start a riot. So much for accountability. I expect the Browns to try to take some dirty hits on Rudolph in 2 weeks. NFL basically is setting up another riot for ratings.

There were very fine people on both sides of that guy nearly getting his skull caved in.

• KOAB
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2019, 01:34:53 PM »

• Admin
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2019, 04:05:38 PM »
Almost three hours in right now

• KOAB
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2019, 09:43:37 AM »

Offline Gert

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2019, 11:57:11 AM »
Think the 6 games for Garrett is fine. I thought Pouncey would be only suspended for 2 games to cover the next Browns game. That said he threw punches and kicked a guy who was down on the ground, so he deserved 3 games. I think Rudolph deserves some sort of fine, he accelerated the situation two times.

As a Bengals fan, I can't feel too bad for any Steelers; if you have no problem embracing t-shirts of JJSS standing over a concussed Burfict, you'll get no sympathy from me. And hopefully Rudolph learned he better stay ready if he wants a fight.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2019, 12:08:11 AM »

ESCOBAR SEASON HAS RETURNED

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2019, 05:02:22 AM »
Well, if Kap's still got it, one of those 8 teams that went over to his own practice will sign him. And honestly, I don't really blame him. Because he would not sign the same waiver as what the NFL wanted, they were probably going to turn around at the practice and announce that because he wouldn't sign the same bullshit waiver that they foist on that veterans thing that they do.

Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, Washington Redskins, San Francisco 49ers, Detroit Lions and Tennessee Titans. Were the teams that attended.

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2019, 05:29:58 AM »
The Texans coming up small in a big game.  Surprising.  Watson seems to want to do everything himself out there.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2019, 05:44:57 AM »
I think Baltimore is just SO good right now, this isn't really surprising.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 07:24:54 AM »
Sure was wrong on this one but this is how the offense needs to be playing. Need this again next week to roll into Thanksgiving.

• Admin
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2019, 08:27:10 AM »
As soon as the Pats started playing decent teams they started looking like shit. Exactly as I suspected.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2019, 09:14:36 AM »
Tom Brady is reminding me a lot of Peyton Manning's final season.   The arm just flat out isn't there and he's looking like a subpar to average passer, but his intelligence and the team's strong defense is covering it up.

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »
Tom Brady is reminding me a lot of Peyton Manning's final season.   The arm just flat out isn't there and he's looking like a subpar to average passer, but his intelligence and the team's strong defense is covering it up.

It's also not helping when the OL's a mess, can barely run block (with guys like Rex Burkhead having to make 80% of their own yards when running the ball), and are a sieve in pass protection more often than not. If I were game planning against the Pats OL, I'd be stunting/blitzing up the middle and covering the flats to take out the quick throws to the RBs.

Eagles had a very good game plan defensively and read a lot of the "staple" Patriots plays perfectly (the double pass & the wheel route to the RB down the sideline which Brady had to complete behind the LOS instead off the top of my head). The only big score by New England was a trick play that NE were forced to pull out to win.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2019, 01:50:18 PM »
I'm loving that almost universally everyone in football fandom is in agreement that MG was out of line. The only disagreements I've been seeing are the degrees of culpability people want to throw at the Steelers.

A vlogger I follow on youtube (FlemLo raps)is a major Bengals fan and he gave a very fair assessment levying blame on both sides and even offered coherent, fair, defense of Garrett in context of what happened up until the point he swung the helmet. He even made sure to point out his team is 0-for and he's got other things to worry about in football, so I loved that honesty. Cool intelligent guy, if y'all are into football talk and history, he does great profiles on former players.

Obviously pleased that during the New Orleans @ Tampa game "Who dat" chants were audible on the TV broadcast. I did NOT like the 4th and 1 QB dive that Brees did, it almost blew up in their face. I love Teddy Bridgewater, but he's QB2 on this team for a reason (holy hell that man's going to be cashing some big checks next year).

Offline fazzle

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2019, 02:48:50 PM »
It's gonna wind up coming down to the Bills and the Raiders for the last AFC WC spot, isn't it?

Buffalo has 3 home and 3 road games left, with their remaining opponents having a combined record of 34-26.  Raiders have 2 home and 4 road games left, but their remaining opponents only have a combined record of 25-35.

That preseason board bet has way more meaning than I was expecting when I proposed it.

On Buffalo's side of things, I think it's all about that game against the Steelers in week 15.   If they win that, they should be in good shape for a playoff spot, but if they lose they're likely fucked.

• Admin
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2019, 03:33:57 PM »
The teams we play are really fucking bad to say the least. I think the Bills and Raiders will both get in over the Colts. The Raiders have a tiebreaking win on the Colts.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2019, 03:48:08 AM »
They really should be beating Denver next week. Dallas is probably a loss but they haven't exactly been world beaters either. Ravens probably a loss barring Lamar somehow being bad. Steelers they should beat but who knows. Pats could be a win if the offense shows up. Jets in theory should have nothing to play for (and hopefully it doesn't come down to that). It's going to be close but if they win the games they should they should get in. I know it was the Dolphins but that's the Josh Allen we need to see more of.

• Admin
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2019, 06:20:10 AM »
I've been meaning to say this for a while, but Kyler Murray's performances this season completely obliterate the idea that a good QB needs to be a certain height. He's only 5'9 after all. If they can get an average defense over there, watch out for that guy.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2019, 07:01:31 AM »
I've been meaning to say this for a while, but Kyler Murray's performances this season completely obliterate the idea that a good QB needs to be a certain height. He's only 5'9 after all. If they can get an average defense over there, watch out for that guy.

already been obliterated bro

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

• KOAB
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2019, 07:06:38 AM »

already been obliterated bro

where are the rob Johnson flakes bro that dude was 6'4"

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2019, 07:11:12 AM »
who needs cereal when you have some sort of HGH chamber

dude's neck/jaw changed shape like the most roided 80s babyface rassler