Author Topic: 2019 NFL Week 13: Be Thankful You Get Josh Allen on Turkey Day  (Read 695 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
2019 NFL Week 13: Be Thankful You Get Josh Allen on Turkey Day
« on: November 26, 2019, 02:08:50 AM »

In sad news, one of the fathers of the 3-4 defense's inclusion into the NFL, Hank Bullough, passed away. His influence looms large including mentoring Dick Lebeau while with the Cincinnati Bengals in the 1980s and being a staple as the DC of the New England Patriots in the 1970s. His son, Chuck, serves as an assistant for Michigan State and has had stints coaching defensively for the Chicago Bears from 1999-2002 and UCLA from 2006-2010.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
Re: 2019 NFL Week 13: Be Thankful You Get Josh Allen on Turkey Day
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 03:45:01 AM »
The Bills are expected to lose by a lot. Dallas is playing at home and wants to have a big performance on a national stage after being stifled last week. Already a lot of talk that it was due to the weather conditions, so being indoors at home will give them a lot of confidence.

The Bills defense has looked great but they've played nobodies. The odds are stacked against them for all the reasons mentioned above, but that's what they gotta deal with. Can't wait for this one.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 03:51:25 AM »
Entirely possible that the Bills get stomped but Dallas hasn't exactly been world beaters either. Run D will definitely have to hold the fort here. Allen has been playing well lately and been much more careful with the ball too. Hoping for a statement win to finally put some doubts to rest especially with Lamar probably running all over them the following week.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 09:34:18 AM »
I think in that survey they did before the election, something like 99% of the white nfl players supported Trump, so

Spoiler: show
margin of error:1%

bootstraps son

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 10:22:21 AM »
The thread title was quite prescient. Good job. I'm ready for a Bills bandwagon to start forming. It'll be less obnoxious because it'll feel earned.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 10:46:12 AM »
gotta learn not to hold how a coach and player look a year ago against them. bah gawd this allen kid got it. mcdermott da truth

Offline fazzle

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »
Now it's on to knock Lamar down a few pegs and put Josh up in his rightful spot at the top of the MVP race!

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 04:22:16 PM »
Nothing like watching a Saints away game at their biggest rival and hearing "Who Dat" chants in the background due to the home team fans bailing on what turned into a nail biter.

(Yes, I made the same observation after the Tampa Bay game)

Our special teams coach needs to run stadiums this week.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 07:42:19 PM »
9-3. Convincingly won on a national stage against America’s Team. Unreal.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 01:31:07 AM »
The Bears celebrated their Thanksgiving day win over Detroit and it's 3rd string quarterback like they just won a playoff game. I really hate this team. They have zero discipline or perspective. Nagy tried to once again sabotage the team by going for a long 4th down in the 2nd quarter. He showed zero faith in Pineiro's ability to make a 50 yard field goal in a dome. Bears waste a time out to get their play in order. Fail to convert on a terrible pass and route. Had they actually converted? It would have came back because of an Illegal Procedure penalty. They took a time out to come up with a play that was an illegal procedure. Wow. Trubisky looked the part of a NFL starting quarterback. A 25th to 32nd starting QB, but still a starting QB. David Blough clearly looked better though. He made no mistakes, and his end of game interception wasn't a mistake. He was about to get sacked and had to at least try to chuck the ball toward a Lions player. Blough would be a better backup QB than Chase Daniel right now. Blough should get a deal in the off season.

This Bears team leads the league in dropped passes for a reason. Other than Allen Robinson, the receivers are terrible. Anthony Miller is absolutely awful. He nearly dropped 3 crucial passes that hit him square in the gut. Instead of being ashamed that he about fucked up, after every one of those catches he got up and had to taunt the opposing team. The Bears were losing at each of these moments as well. Zero discipline. Zero awareness of the game situation. Zero mentorship.

The Bears defense is without question a bottom third defense in the league. They suck. The lack of Akiem Hicks leading them is killing them. To get shredded by a RB and a QB that were on practice squad a few weeks ago is pathetic. Blatant personal foul penalties on guys Leonard Floyd. Yet you never see anyone yelled at on the sideline.

The Lions are trending up in my opinion. That O-Line is good. Bo Scarbrough looks good. The Bears do not. They will be a bottom third team next year.

The Bears need a new identity. The jolly good fun time shit they currently have going on needs to end. I'm not even blaming anything on Trubisky at this point. He isn't being developed properly. All coaching. Vic Fangio was clearly a more important voice and leader last year than anyone really knew.

Hopefully this team goes 6-10.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 02:37:51 AM »
Lots of rain expected in the San Francisco/Baltimore game

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 03:58:33 AM »
Can't watch the Ravens game cause of NFL broadcasting rules and the stupid Rams. Move back to St. Louis.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 07:13:04 AM »
Fire Kitchens.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I spent way too much time playing with this the other day.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 09:18:50 AM »
Seen enough of Carr. Draft Jalen Hurts or Tua or something. I'm sick of seeing a guy drop back to pass and check down every play, or stand there until he gets sacked, fail to run, throw it away on important downs, etc. I'm done with it.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 10:27:38 AM »
Denver with one of the most blatant "throw it up and hope for PI" plays I've ever seen.  Of course, they don't even bother to review it. 

Seemingly half of New England's defense is dealing with the flu right now.  This game could get ugly.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 11:34:49 AM »
I guess because the Broncos have been jobbed out a couple of times this year by the referees that this was the time to make it up to them. Poor Chargers.

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 12:18:47 PM »
Let's keep in mind to never call a defense good because they played the 2019 Giants, 2019 Redskins, 2019 Dolphins, 2019 Jets, 2019 Bills, 2019 Eagles, and 2019 Browns. People pumping up the Patriots defense was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard football wise. One of those teams is good because of their defense and the rest are terrible. They "shut down" Dallas because the weather was dreadful. The anemic Raiders who have now been ass pumped four times in games where they could barely move the ball have more yards per game than all of those teams I listed.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• Admin
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 02:00:23 PM »
Yep never again.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 12:35:39 AM »
Let's keep in mind to never call a defense good because they played the 2019 Giants, 2019 Redskins, 2019 Dolphins, 2019 Jets, 2019 Bills, 2019 Eagles, and 2019 Browns. People pumping up the Patriots defense was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard football wise.

And the two teams that pistol whipped the Patriots defense thus far are the Ravens (who've been killing everybody) and the Texans (who are coached by an ex-Belichick assistant). Belichick is now 12-11 against former assistants with something like a .670 winning % against everybody else and that's not by accident. Even going back to McDaniels in Denver and Patricia/Vrabel last year, the games against Belichick are their Super Bowls.

With all that said, the Patriots still have a top defense IMO. Their best chance to SOUP is if they can get a run of pocket QBs where they can shut down the run then be aggressive (after getting ahead) and focus on stopping the pass. They'll probably face Lamar Jackson again and he'll torch them on the ground again. I actually feel better if the Patriots face the Chiefs because the Chiefs look like the same team last year where it'll be a shootout because their defense isn't good.

I'd rank them: Baltimore, New Orleans, Pittsburgh (they've played a lot of trash teams recently though), New England, Minnesota, Buffalo (May have the weakest SOS but you play who you play), and San Francisco (their Run D is utter trash).

Tennessee's a dark horse but they can be thrown upon.

Offline Cartman

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 07:09:43 AM »
Yeah, the Patriots defense is still elite. Look forward to this week when KC comes to town and the patriots entire defense isn't dealing with some kind of illness, on their home turf, against St. Patrick.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2019, 06:24:13 AM »
Panthers weren’t waiting until Black Monday and went ahead and cut ties with Riverboat Ron.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2019, 06:31:24 AM »
With Riviera gone, that should definitely mean Cam's done in Carolina as well.