Author Topic: NFL Week 17: Beast Mode Matters, Games? Kinda  (Read 581 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
NFL Week 17: Beast Mode Matters, Games? Kinda
« on: December 23, 2019, 10:42:34 PM »
Some interesting games. Can Cincinnati lose again? Does Miami pull off the upset over New England? Can teams alter the landscape of the playoff seeding?

Offline Zetterberg is Go

Re: NFL Week 17: Beast Mode Matters, Games? Kinda
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 11:58:47 PM »
Weird to be playing a meaningless game in a good way. This team has been shockingly healthy for the most part this year so please don't do anything stupid to change that.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 12:53:15 AM »
As most of us expected,  the saints are kicking the tires on Antonio Brown bringing him in for a workout today.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 07:48:04 AM »
He isn't worth the headache.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 11:15:26 AM »
Raiders' playoff scenario:

They must beat the Broncos and then get wins by the Ravens, Texans and Colts. Then, they also need a victory by one of the following teams: Bears, Lions, Chiefs or Patriots.

Odds of success: 13.2%

Am I the only one actually rooting for this scenario?

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 02:14:51 PM »
I thought it was one of those local versions of "The Onion" when a friend sent me the AB article.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 02:51:24 PM »
Raiders' playoff scenario:

They must beat the Broncos and then get wins by the Ravens, Texans and Colts. Then, they also need a victory by one of the following teams: Bears, Lions, Chiefs or Patriots.

Odds of success: 13.2%

Am I the only one actually rooting for this scenario?

The only thing hard to believe about that situation is the Raiders beating the Broncos. The defensive scheme absolutely sucks. Josh Jacobs, Richie Incognito, Trent Brown, and Tyrell Williams are injured, we're kinda fucked. Realistically the QB will have two good guys to throw to. The rest will happen.

I do feel vindicated in thinking this was a good team had Antonio Brown not been a piece of shit. Even if they get in the playoffs, they aren't a good team right now, but they should be a good team next season. Teams that win more than they lose are good, and if an 8 win team gets in the playoffs this year, that is definitely not a good football team.

They have four great players and three of them are hurt. One of their guys looked like they would immediately be an amazing player, but they hit so hard that they didn't last a single game. I mean that I haven't seen anyone hit harder since the 80s or 90s, but they didn't last. Not a good sign, but I guess someone can't play that way unless they're on a massive amount of PED's. Jacobs was playing with a broken shoulder most of the season, and Brown has been hurt for three or four weeks. Renfrow missed three games and they lost two of them in large part because of that. Because the Raiders are in the second year of a rebuilding project where the previous regime wasted draft picks on the most injury prone MFs ever, they don't have anyone to replace players when they get hurt, and the talent gap between their starters and backups is enormous. The vast majority of the backups on the Raiders roster should probably not be in the NFL. It's hard to believe they've done this well when only two picks from 2017 are on the roster as backups. The guys Reggie scouted in 2018 are mostly dogshit too. Considering the circumstances this should not even be a 7 win team.

So watch all this happen and the Raiders lose 27-10. That's what I think will happen anyway.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 04:46:33 AM »
Wouldn’t be the Bills if they didn’t lose a starter to injury in a completely meaningless game.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 06:06:59 AM »
honestly it could have been worse.

also if the Lions force the packers to play in the wild card round LOL

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 06:21:37 AM »
THE DOLPHINS ARE TIED WITH THE PATS WITH 11 MINUTES IN THE FOURTH WHAT

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 06:40:08 AM »
damn fitz needs to drive into the end zone lol just end this game rn

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
Now the defense decides to shit the bed.  Yikes.  Horrible omen for next week.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 06:59:15 AM »
BAH GAWD HAIL THE FITZ I WONT TALK SHIT  ABOUT THIS GUY AGAIN

if this lead holds, he essentially killed the pats dynasty and the next decade we won't have to worry about these guys.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 07:03:40 AM »

lmao is that true about his son? if not, this guy takes trolling to another level.

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 07:04:40 AM »
Goddamn of course the one wacky thing the Bills needed to win the division happens but they couldn’t get it done last week.

Offline strummer

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 07:04:57 AM »
Dolphins win!!!

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 07:05:38 AM »
FITZPATRICK THE LEGEND

AFC BEAST RIVALRY IS REAL PATS FORGOT AND THEY LOST THE BYE

THE PATS DYNASTY IS OVER YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST THEY LOSE TO THE RAIDERS NEXT WEEK

OFF TO THE RAIDER LIVEBLOG THREAD

Offline strummer

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 07:08:48 AM »
Pats will play in the wild card round for the first time since 2009

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 07:11:40 AM »

LMAO

Offline strummer

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 07:12:25 AM »
Also since the Brady/Bill era started Pats have never made the Super Bowl when they've had to play in the wild card round

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2019, 07:18:19 AM »
Jameis with the most Jameis way to get to 30 picks lol.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2019, 07:21:48 AM »
Does anyone still think Brady isn’t washed up? No? Alright then.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2019, 07:24:30 AM »
My 4 PM games are Steelers/Ravens and Giants/Eagles?  The fuck?

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2019, 09:02:57 AM »
Packers really needed that bye.  They weren't going on the road and winning in San Fran/New Orleans, so there season was basically on the line today.

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2019, 10:01:49 AM »
Jameis with the most Jameis way to get to 30 picks lol.

He's the first player to have seven pick-6's in a season, apparently. Also, both his first and last throws on his rookie contract were pick-6's. He needs to get himself in some Wrangler jeans commercials and start having fun out there.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline strummer

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »
AFC looks to be about set for wildcard weekend

Titans at Pats

Bills at Texans

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2019, 10:11:17 AM »
As soon as the Titans realized Mariota wasn't it at QB they have looked like a different team.  Henry is terrifying.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2019, 10:12:19 AM »
Lowkey my favorite storyline to follow this year was what happened with Brian Flores and the Dolphins.

Going into this season he was getting trashed by everyone wondering why would you leave the Patriots to go the Dolphins are you an idiot man what the hell? Then he has one of the greatest debuts anyone could've had after all the "hype" going into the regular season where people were simply wondering just what is wrong with this guy to go to a team that obviously is set to tank.

The Dolphins’ locker room was mostly quiet as Brian Flores addressed his players around 4:10 p.m. last Sunday. Flores’s first game as an NFL head coach ended with a giant thud — a 59-10 loss to the Ravens.

Don’t forget this moment, Flores told his players.

“He told us, ‘Let it sink in, remember this feeling,’ ” cornerback Eric Rowe said. “I think everybody is going to remember this feeling.”

The result was about as bad as it gets in the NFL, especially for a coaching debut. The 49-point margin of defeat was tied for the fifth-biggest blowout of this century. Flores’s new-look defense allowed seven touchdowns in the first half. It broke down on three big-play touchdowns. The Dolphins got outgained, 644 yards to 200. They muffed a punt. They allowed a 60-yard fake punt run on fourth and 1. They couldn’t tackle, and they couldn’t stop committing penalties.

It wasn't even a few hours after this loss that many of the top starters on the team that were built to be the future were calling their agents looking for anyway out of Miami including the hopeful franchise defining pieces for years to come at OT, RB, WR, FS, etc. In a move to even further make people think there's nothing to bother with when it comes to the Dolphins they ship out everyone they can before the locker room is lost for their young rookie coach.

Somehow they scrap together a team that has many players who just do not belong in the NFL who are playing for future spots, get 5 wins with this ragtag bunch, and they managed to beat 2 playoff teams that includes the crowning moment today when they denied Flores former team and rival a home field bye on the road in the final game of the season. To beat the first man, his mentor who was the first one to wonder if you're an idiot to leave the nest of New England in, Bill Bellicheck, the certified GOAT... and put the Patriots on the road in a wild card game which the last time they experienced this in 2009 Flores was still a scouting assistant for them I believe... that's just simply incredible.

AND TO DO IT WITH THE FITZMAGIC JUST PUTS THE CHERRY ON THE TOP

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2019, 10:36:03 AM »
Dallas putting up 50 in what amounted to a meaningless game to go 8-8 is Jason Garrett's tenure in a nutshell.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2019, 01:19:48 PM »
Not surprised the Pats blew the bye.  They've been shaky for months now and they seemingly always lose a game to Miami they're not supposed to at least once every other season.

I had very little faith in this team getting it done even with the bye.  I haven't been following the NFL as a whole super close this year so I'm just going to say Buffalo wins it all

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2019, 02:27:18 PM »
One fucking inch from homefield...

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2019, 03:45:08 PM »
AFC Wild Card games are on Saturday while the NFC games are on Sunday.  San Fran also gets what's basically a 1 PM Saturday game for them in the Divisional round.  That's a weird schedule.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2019, 10:37:24 PM »
I've watched this so many times since yesterday and still cracking up.

I love Joe Mixon's immediate big brother realizing he went too far with his little brother-esque "OH NO I'M SORRY!" reaction to the ref toppling over.

It's like his helmet was a bowling ball and the ref's legs were the pins. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cartman

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2019, 07:48:32 AM »
Belichick is now 12-12 vs his former Assistant coaches.

I'm not ready to give up on them, but it's looking pretty bleak at the moment. I'll believe it's really over when they start losing more than 5 games in a season. They lost 5 games last year and won it all when many people wrote them off after losing to Pitt and Miami back to back late in the season, and the offense wasn't exactly lighting anyone up until the week 17 trash Jets and the 1st 2 playoff games against really bad defensive teams in LAC and KC.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2019, 02:50:44 PM »
Belichick's mantra has long been based around two things: Start playing your best football in November/December and win by any means necessary. Even if the Patriots don't 'win pretty' e.g. blowout teams (lord knows that's the case this year), they still finished the season 12-4 and were 1st in PA at 225 while scoring 420 for the year, which was good enough for 7th in the NFL.

The Pats have started to find their run game now though, despite the struggles in the passing game including running for 135+ in 4 of their last 5 games.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2019, 03:02:55 PM »
It is VERY hard to look past the fact that they've instead played their worst football in the second half of the year and have done poorly against pretty much every "good" team they've faced.  Brady's best game this year came against a 2-14 team and it's quite obvious he trusts nobody but an Edleman who is being kept together by duct tape and hope at this point.  If they fall behind, I just don't think they can come back without the defense or special teams putting up points (which they were early in the year, but that has run dry lately).

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2019, 03:45:47 AM »
Yeah, between the offense not being very good (really missing Gronk at this point) and the kicker situation the defense has to carry the day for this team.  The only AFC team that scares me is Baltimore, but the Pats could easily lose to any of them.

Or they could surprise me and put together a good run.  I wouldn't be surprised if they made the AFC title game, but I'm not expecting it.