Author Topic: Oscars 2020  (Read 1138 times)

Description:

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Re: Oscars 2020
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2020, 11:29:17 AM »
Josh Gad, go away.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2020, 11:41:24 AM »
Best Original Screenplay goes to Parasite.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2020, 11:48:31 AM »
I guess Hollywood has forgiven Shia Labeouf

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2020, 11:49:19 AM »

I hate to give fuckbois like this the time of day, but this is actually a fair point, in my opinion: actors don't have a whole lot of input over who directs the projects they're cast in, I get that. But IMDb credits Natalie Portman as the producer on nine completed projects (seven movies + two documentaries, as near as I can tell), and the executive producer of record on five of those nine... None of them had a woman director.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2020, 12:30:55 PM »
...Eminem? Ok.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2020, 12:39:38 PM »
But Kevin Hart was so bad they kicked him off of this.

One of the most crazy things in this country is how selectively apologies are accepted.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2020, 01:14:26 PM »
Shitting all over the crappy effects for Cats. This might be the most self-aware awards show ever.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2020, 01:32:41 PM »
Parasite for Best International Feature which means it likely won't win Best Picture.

Phoenix, Zellwegger, Joon-ho, and Irishman are my picks for the rest.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2020, 02:27:17 PM »
Called 'em except for Parasite. Very happy it took home Best Picture.

A more lively show than usual. Happy with all the winners.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »
Man I haven't marked out over an Oscar show ever before so much. I just expected Parasite to take home possibly directing and of course best foreign film but wow super impressed they went all the way with it and even got screenplay too. Well deserved as it was my number one for the year personally as it just had such an engaging narrative that can't be denied despite what you feel about foreign films or even particularly Korean films. I know a sign of a really quality film is one that you actually want to watch again down the road, sooner than later, to analyze what you had just seen in a different context, provoking other thoughts, understanding things better and that is definitely what is the case with this film so to me that's almost a definition of a film of the year...one that makes you want to see it again and kind of break it down more and analyze it further. So awesome they got it right this year.

Alot of the other stuff went as I expected although I wasn't convinced Renee had best actress. And while I didn't mind it (especially the movie/music connection montage), damn the Eminem performance was so random. All in all show flowed much better than last year's. Good on Pitt and Phoenix ...those were as expected.

Speech of the weekend was a tie though between Adam Sandler's or the Saftie Bros at the Independant Spirit Awards last night though. Uncut Gems got some recognition.

Reminds me now to go look at the results of the Razzies. Cats probably cleaned up.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2020, 10:16:17 PM »
Watched the NJPW show  instead yesterday because I was expecting the typical BS but I'm pleasantly surprised to read the results this morning. Maybe I should have watched. I can't remember the last time Oscars got a Best Picture. Not only was Parasite the actual Best Picture but giving it Best Picture is a big cultural moment with it not only being a foreign language film but a non white foreign language film. Honestly, cynical side of me thinks that liberal Hollywood gave it Best Picture just for that reason.

But hey, it's much better to do right thing for somewhat wrong reasons than to give the Best Picture Award to something like Green Book!

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2020, 02:06:22 AM »
This is the first show in a while I'm completely happy with all the results. The only iffy winner to me was Zellwegger, but they ignored all the really interesting and powerful female lead performances and nominated the boring and safe picks like usual.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2020, 03:14:04 PM »
The Visual Arts Society wrote a letter criticizing the skit poking fun at the visual effects in Cats, citing the art should be protected and the visual effects are not to blame for the film’s poor performance

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/visual-effects-pros-growl-cats-oscars-segment-1278465?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_now_2020-02-10%2015:35:39_kkilkenny&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater