Author Topic: TWIW 1/20 - 1/26: How Would MLK Have Rumbled?  (Read 953 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
TWIW 1/20 - 1/26: How Would MLK Have Rumbled?
« on: January 20, 2020, 04:00:49 AM »
MLK Day today and the Royal Rumble on Sunday! Get hyped for some stuff or don't, just do your thing.

Also we got a PPV QUALITY MIXED TAG for Raw in Rusev & Liv taking on Lashley & Lana!

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Re: TWIW 1/20 - 1/26: How Would MLK Have Rumbled?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 04:37:04 AM »
not to shit on big bob but there's a match on raw that should actually be really great: Andrade Vs Rey in a ladder match!

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 04:44:37 AM »
I'm sure The Good Doctor King is in Heaven smiling at WWE depicting Lashley's sexual prowess with beautiful white women.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 04:47:53 AM »
Seeing as this is WWE, would anyone be surprised if there was a double turn with Rusev turning on Liv and announcing that he and Lana never got a divorce and this was just a way to get at Lashley, thus turning Lashley face and setting up he and Liv vs Lana and Ruzev?
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Online Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 06:32:58 AM »

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 06:42:20 AM »
post/sig

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 08:56:41 AM »
Which J Lo song would you most like to hear Big Show sing? I'm gonna say "If You Had My Love" or "I'm Real (Remix)".

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 09:17:40 AM »
Dude how is she 50

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 09:25:05 AM »
She is still with A-Rod, right? He's definitely get hookup on some weird, coolass probably illegal anti aging drugs.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 11:28:30 AM »
Andrade landed neck first on the edge of the ladder and it looked horrific!

Offline strummer

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 11:32:05 AM »
Andrade landed neck first on the edge of the ladder and it looked horrific!

God damn that was scary

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 11:33:38 AM »
With the Rumble undercard looking so lame so far, I wonder why they didn't do this match there instead of putting it on RAW.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
holy shit this is a war. seth/buddy vs aop for the belts could be real good too.

Rumble sells itself on the Rumble match so the undercard doesn't need much in their mind is my best guess. A Daniel Bryan title shot + Becky/Asuka should be good enough for us damnit.

Offline strummer

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 11:46:04 AM »
I think Zelina is a hybrid of 1992 Madusa and 2000 Lita at ringside.

Humberto!

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 11:47:37 AM »
great match, put over andrade strong as a heel and the return of humberto was a nice angle.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »
Am I the only one tired of the Four Horsewomen? I kind of wish all four of them would go away for like 6 months.

DTF

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »
I think a lot of people are but apparently Becky is one of the only/big ratings movers for Raw so she at least isn't going anywhere. I'm not really tired of Sasha either since she's been away and the heel turn has freshened her up but having her with Bayley still hurts. Charlotte and Bayley have been around forever though and Charlotte is basically the same character no matter what and she lost a lot of goodwill with me because of the Kairi incident. Bayley is just boring.

WWE has a crop of very talented women both on Raw/SD (Nikki, Asuka, Kairi) and on NXT that haven't gotten the kind of chances they deserve because the show is so dominated by the horsewomen, and previously also Alexa.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 12:58:27 PM »
Black doing yet another squash after seeming to finally have a direction with the Buddy feud is a major step back for him, The Brock/Ricochet segment that made Ric look like a chump followed by a long Orton match really killed off the positive vibes the show had from Rey/Andrade. Becky/Kairi was fine. God I hope we don't get another Rowan squash now.

Offline strummer

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 01:06:06 PM »
This show started out hot but man has it bottomed out.  Richochet looked like a complete doofus in that segment with Brock.

And looks like the mixed tag match is main eventing

Offline strummer

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 01:14:44 PM »
Horsewomen

Becky is presented as a top talent. She's basically made now and isn't going anywhere. The long ass Lacey feud hurt a bit but she has recovered nicely. They clearly trust her

Sasha turning heel def helped and freshened her character but I'm still not seeing how she is supposedly a great promo.

Charlotte is directionless and never changes her character but she's okay to very good at wwe style promos and is presented as a big deal.

Bayley's heel turn has bombed. She's trying her best I'll give her credit but it's just not working. At this point they mind as well just turn her back face so maybe she can sell merch to her young fan base

Offline strummer

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 01:18:23 PM »
Wow new champs. Didn't see that coming

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »
This thing with Brock in the Rumble has me wanting a storyline where, at the Rumble itself, a current World Champ wins his earlier title match and tries to get into the Rumble to win it solely to prevent having a challenger at Mania. Of course, his eventual challenger could either eliminate him en route to victory or get cheaply eliminated after eliminating the champ. This seems custom made for someone like Seth Rollins.

I get that this is essentially what they are doing with Brock, but I feel like it would have been more fun to bring up the twist at the show, though in this instance it's not Brock's character to try and not fight later, but to crush everyone just because he feels he is that dominate as the champ.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Online Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2020, 01:47:37 PM »
I predict either Brock or Roman winning the Rumble (most likely the latter). Whoever eliminates Brock will certainly challenge him at Mania (unless they do something with the Elimination Chamber). I think the early rumors for WM were Roman/Fiend.

Offline muzzington

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »
Brock being around and just existing seems to limit what they do. Same with Charlotte to a lesser extent.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »
If we do the Rumble game we have to guess who comes out second and who eliminates Brock (or no one).
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline CookieMueller

• Forever blowing bubbles
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2020, 05:19:35 PM »
The problem I have with the horsewomen (especially Charlotte) is that it damages the other women. The insistence on focusing on the four of them isn't a horrible idea because they're all very, very good. But it limits what the other women on the roster can do when the four of them are occupying the only two positions of singles champions at all times. Asuka's entire run as SD champion was a waste, for a number of reasons, most of them relating to Charlotte and Becky. They tried to make a star out of Carmella with her run but it was a failure (she was the wrong person at the wrong time - "hey lets give one of the worst workers a title RIGHT AS the biggest badass joins Smackdown!" smh) Only Alexa (injury prone) and Ronda (not terribly interested in being a pro wrestler) got meaningful runs outside of the horsewomen.

When it comes to depth of a division, across all of modern wrestling, only WCW's mid-to-late 90s cruiserweights come close to what the WWE has had over the last 3 or 4 years with their women, and they've still managed to bungle it. We talk shit about WCW all the time (and they mostly deserve it) but at least they recognized what they had with their cruiserweights and made that division exciting and didn't focus on one guy for too long. Everyone worthwhile had a run at or near the top and even their JTTS cruisers (Super Calo, Lash Leroux, BLITZKRIEG) are memorable for one reason or another. There are some really good women in current WWE that, if they had to retire tomorrow, would be forgotten because WWE just can't stop focusing on these 4 women.

What they're doing with Becky is fair since she's such a big draw. And how they've handled Sasha since her return is mostly ok. They haven't rushed her to a title, they're letting her grow into her heel character since she's never been a heel on the main roster before it's letting the fans get to really despise her. Someone mentioned her mic work - it's not great but she's a natural heel on social media and I think if she was allowed to take the cap off she'd be better but that ain't happening so she has to do these forced, scripted WWE promos and that hurts her a bit but she should be able to get past that by now. Charlotte, imo, has no passion for wrestling. It's autopilot. She's so good at it that it isn't a great challenge for her and I'm sure she's making more money doing this than anything else she was doing so yeah, she's still around and has the wrestler boyfriend and all that, but she doesn't strike me as someone who is constantly pushing back at management to shift and change her character/position in the company. Bayley is just damned. They neutered her as a babyface irreparably but they also waited too long to turn her heel so that was snakebit from the start. I feel for her because, unlike Charlotte, I DO think she has a passion and works hard but I think they held her back at times where they shoulda gave her some room to grow, and now they're giving her this title run that's going on and on without really going anywhere at all.

I don't know how they fix this, but it probably starts with bringing in nxt girls to restore some parity to the women's division. But that sucks because there's like an 80% chance that just ends with the destruction of girls that are called up, just like it has for about 80% of the men and women called up from nxt over the last 2 or 3 years. Either way, we're about to enter the age of Lacey Evans as Smackdown women's champ while someone like Kairi will probably just be losing in the women's battle royal at Wrestlemania so Nia Jax or somesuch can win it so yay!

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2020, 12:28:18 AM »
Does it feel like they are setting up McIntyre vs. Brock or possibly a triple threat match with Brock/Orton/McIntyre to anyone else?
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2020, 11:44:45 AM »
I think the NXT Women's Division is the best division in North America right now and right up there with any division on the planet. So many top workers going out there and killing it.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2020, 01:13:42 PM »
HOLY SHIT that ending of nxt! KEITH LEE CHAMPION! IMPERIUM VS ERA BRAWL! ADAM COLE JANNETTY SELL OF A WALTER CHOP!

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2020, 01:21:41 PM »
Adam Cole overselling is the best thing he's done outside of the Mt. Rushmore era in PWG.

Online Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2020, 02:37:48 AM »
Not a bad idea, but does that mean we're getting intergender matches?

Online Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2020, 02:55:18 AM »
https://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/article/royal-rumble-2020-watch-along

Todd Pettengil is returning for the Royal Rumble Watch Along.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2020, 03:19:36 AM »
https://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/article/royal-rumble-2020-watch-along

Todd Pettengil is returning for the Royal Rumble Watch Along.

Damn can’t believe he turned down our chat invite.   Still got fingers crossed for the Stephanie Wiand!

Online Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 01:33:33 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Offline strummer

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2020, 07:53:34 AM »
Lana v Liv announced for Raw with Bob and Rusev BANNED FROM RINGSIDE

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2020, 01:44:05 AM »
I've never wanted anything more in my life than I want Xavier Woods to host a revival of Nick Arcade.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2020, 02:40:38 AM »
I loved Nick Arcade. What I don't get is the last round when they're in the game? I assume there's a monitor showing them on screen what's happening in the game..

Anyway it isn't practical but the arcade must be still filled with Sega and SNK games.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Online Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2020, 02:44:50 AM »
Xavier has to sing along with the theme song and Mikey has to return. I'd probably watch this either way.

Edit: Also I didn't know Nick Arcade had a wiki page the length of Infinite Jest

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Arcade

Online Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2020, 04:15:22 AM »
I loved Nick Arcade. What I don't get is the last round when they're in the game? I assume there's a monitor showing them on screen what's happening in the game..

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2020, 12:06:00 PM »
Got tix for the Rumble tomorrow. $102 for club level seats. Should be a good view and a good time.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2020, 12:26:35 PM »
thats pretty good. have a good time!

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2020, 06:05:45 AM »

My family and I were able to watch a taping in the early 90s.  The contestants and host were all just performing in front of a green screen and had to keep their eyes on an off-screen monitor to see what to do.