Author Topic: Royal Rumble 2020  (Read 1584 times)

Description: Rumbling Into A New Decade

Online Springtime for Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
Re: Royal Rumble 2020
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2020, 02:14:49 AM »
I feel like this Rumble will age well because while I also disliked the first half with the Brock Show and the first 12 or so entrants looking like dorks, the story they were trying to tell along with the payoff were great. After Edge came out, I seriously thought Christian was going to be a surprise entrant too. I think Brock destroys Ricochet tonight.

I also guess it'll be Edge/Styles at WM? Orton didn't seem too bothered by his former partner chucking him and god no I don't want Orton/Edge. I also read that Styles was injured last night so maybe that changes things?

I'm totally fine with Drew winning. It's different and a good number of fans wanted them to pull the trigger on him forever. I just hope we don't end up with a Nakamura situation where he shuffles back down the card if he fails to win the world title.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2020, 03:36:34 AM »
I was also a big fan of the Rated RKO reunion and their antics together leading to their inevitable but destined betrayal.   

Orton is really good at playing off others with his reactions and mannerisms, I enjoyed the spot where he was showing genuine happiness to see his old friend back in the ring looking good and then watching him be his Orton self looking for a moment to strike but of course you can’t sneak up on the ultimate opportunist.   It was a nice little side storyline to a match that actually had a good number of them.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2020, 03:44:20 AM »
I feel like this Rumble will age well because while I also disliked the first half with the Brock Show and the first 12 or so entrants looking like dorks, the story they were trying to tell along with the payoff were great. After Edge came out, I seriously thought Christian was going to be a surprise entrant too. I think Brock destroys Ricochet tonight.

I also guess it'll be Edge/Styles at WM? Orton didn't seem too bothered by his former partner chucking him and god no I don't want Orton/Edge. I also read that Styles was injured last night so maybe that changes things?

I'm totally fine with Drew winning. It's different and a good number of fans wanted them to pull the trigger on him forever. I just hope we don't end up with a Nakamura situation where he shuffles back down the card if he fails to win the world title.

I'm pretty sure Edge is going to face Seth at Mania.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline The Valeyard

• CXF Writer
  • I have a doobie in my funk.
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2020, 03:48:01 AM »
I think Orton, just because there is no way they don't put him out there with someone who isn't ridiculously safe.

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2020, 03:49:11 AM »
I think it's Rated RKO vs Seth/Buddy

Orton can take most of the bumps.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Bernie Bro Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2020, 06:52:51 AM »
I genuinely am stumped as to who I'd want to see against. Probably AJ would be my top pick but sounds like he might be hurt.

Sorry to shit on someone who just had a great emotional comeback but I've heard Edge called overrated so many times in the last few years that it's hard for me to think of any dream matches.

What is Jeff Hardy's status? Jeff Hardy Vs Edge, one last time, 20 years after TLC 1 could be a hell of a WrestleMania match IMO.

Online Springtime for Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2020, 06:55:02 AM »
Jeff's seeking help for his problems and if I recall, his court date for his latest arrest is around the time of WM so I don't think we'll see him again until after.

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2020, 06:56:36 AM »

What is Jeff Hardy's status? Jeff Hardy Vs Edge, one last time, 20 years after TLC 1 could be a hell of a WrestleMania match IMO.

It really could be a last man standing match or death match.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2020, 07:03:34 AM »
Depending on his BAC level, Jeff Hardy might not even to take a bump.

To add to Thrasher's idea, I think Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, and Rated RKO Vs Seth Rollins, Buddy Murphy, and AOP in an eight man TLC match could be a fun Mania match but please god, don't let Edge do any crazy ladder bumps!

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2020, 07:08:42 AM »
Edge vs. Roman is something I want to watch, but they won’t do that until Summerslam.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2020, 07:18:22 AM »
To add to Thrasher's idea, I think Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, and Rated RKO Vs Seth Rollins, Buddy Murphy, and AOP in an eight man TLC match could be a fun Mania match but please god, don't let Edge do any crazy ladder bumps!
Sign me up for this but as a streetfight instead of TLC. Owens taking gnarly fucking bumps from AOP and the RKO (outta nowhere) could actually be a super convincing nearfall.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2020, 02:55:17 AM »
Take it for what it’s worth, but I read earlier that according to Meltz, Roman was supposed to originally win the Rumble, and Heyman convinced Vince that Drew needed to win to make him stronger going into Mania.  Apparently though he was always going to eliminate Brock and face him at Mania
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2020, 04:32:45 AM »
I read after the show Sunday that the original plan was Roman and Shayna and Heyman pushed for Drew and Charlotte in the 11th hour.  Drew one makes total sense and I love it.  Roman will likely still take our Fiend in the last match of the night.

Really don’t care for Charlotte winning.  Been thinking I can’t really think of any interesting RAW or Smackdown matchup and would really just be mildly curious if she picked Rhea and the NXT title for some reason.  The plan that I read this morning on some news site is
Spoiler: show
actually just that, to my surprise.  They supposedly are still going to aim for Becky-Shayna and rumor is Charlotte appears on NXT this week to challenge Rhea.

I was in the camp that didn’t care for the Brock run but the Rumble was fine after that.  I think doing it for the first seven or eight would’ve been fine but the point I got mad was bringing Kofi out again.  They gave Kofi slightly more offense than his title defense but he still looked like a chump.  Doing that to most of the others, whatever, but with KofiMania last year being one of the best things they’ve done in a while, still rubs me wrong when they have Lesnar make him look like a geek.

I’d be curious to hear John Morrison’s unfiltered thoughts on his return but guessing he is happy for the final big payday.  Just between how his comeback and Rumble return feel like an afterthought.  They even addressed in his Chronicle that he thought Vince was making a special call to bump up his meeting about a return but then Vince told him it was a butt dial.  Morrison is a midcarder at best but guessing any other promotion would have him in main events.

Also, not sure if he is sticking around but I am curious is MVP’s return was tied to Edge at all.  I listened to the Edge and Christian podcast while they had it and was surprised to find out that MVP and Edge are super close.  MVP talked about his kid wanting to see him in WWE and that was even addressed in the commentary for his match with Rey on Monday.  May just be a coincidence but if Edge is doing this one last run, kinda funny one of his favorite riding partners shows up the same night.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2020, 12:54:36 PM »
All I wanted from the Rumble was the Brock-Keith Lee MONSTER MOMENT and I got that, so I was happy.  Good way to tease Lee and Braun too (even though that isn't something I particularly want and the crowd didn't really pop because Braun is lukewarm at best right now) and get them out that way.

Thought the match overall was pretty good.  I love Brock killing people so I loved that portion of the match, loved them pitting Kofi, Rey and Big E against him, and Brock tossing Rey after he leaped off Big E's back and then leaping off Big E to murder Kofi and then dump both of them was GLORIOUS.  I expected Drew to toss him and get the big push, so that was cool.  Could have done without the low blow from Ricochet though.  Edge's return wasn't a surprise, but he looked good all things considered.  I question the wisdom of him doing a million spears, but whatever.  I honestly thought he might win.

Women's rumble was hit and miss.  Expected Charlotte to win.  They can do Shayna-Becky without Shayna winning, but it would have been a better story that way.  If Charlotte is going to face Ripley, you could tell the story of her being eliminated by Shayna and going after the person who she couldn't beat instead.  Bayley's title has the least heat on it of the 3 and seems destined to be a multi-woman match.

Only other thing I watched was Fiend-Bryan out of curiosity.  I don't really like The Fiend and wish WWE would do away with these types of gimmicks altogether, but thought it was good for what it was.

I need to check out Becky-Asuka, but the rest sounds skippable

Offline Thrasher

• All hail Gritty!
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2020, 02:02:40 PM »
The only thing I would have done different in the Rumble would had several entrants try not enter while Brock was in and then have them gang up.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2020, 05:55:25 AM »
Well. I'm not too proud to admit that maybe I was wrong about Brock's performance in the Rumble now that both Papa CWM and Big Match John have weighed in.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2020, 07:09:59 AM »
Brock’s performance itself was fine.  I hated the booking.  He was entertaining in some of his spots but I maintain, if I paid to go see the Royal Rumble live and had to watch Brock shit on the upper mid card for half the match, I would not be happy.  Brock does well with his role, just a role I do not care for.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2020, 12:17:06 PM »
I really like Brock...when he wrestles.  He just doesn't do it frequently enough.  If he wrestled like 10 times a year spread out so he wrestles about once every five weeks, I wouldn't have many issues with him.  It is the 4 month vacations when he takes off with the belt that I think really hurts the product because now there is one show with nothing to fight about. 

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2020, 08:45:36 PM »
I have a baseless theory that Riddle was supposed to be in the Morrison spot and vice versa, but after Riddle and Brock had their spat, Morrison (who in theory they should be protecting a bit) was then smashed in seconds instead of being in the Ziggler, Miz, Edge tier of the final 3rd guys.