Author Topic: Kobe Bryant Memorial This Month in NBA Thread (February 2020)  (Read 1981 times)

Description:

Brooklyn Zoo and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
Kobe Bryant Memorial This Month in NBA Thread (February 2020)
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:00:04 AM »
We've reached past the halfway point of the season and still a lot of unanswered questions remain. Zion plays his first full month as an NBA player and the NBA continues to try and cope with one of the greatest tragedies in the history of the sport. Plus we'll have the most convoluted All Star Game in the history of the game this month.

Discuss the NBA in February ITT.

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Re: Kobe Bryant Memorial This Month in NBA Thread (February 2020)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 08:11:12 AM »
Damian Lillard in his past 5 Games: 61, 47, 50, 36, and 48 points while flirting with near triple doubles every game.

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 08:45:08 AM »
Oladipo made his return Wednesday, and while he didn't have great numbers, he sent the game to OT with a 3, where the Pacers ended up winning.  The team says he will be on a strict minutes limit and be re-evaluated after the all-star break.  I didn't get to see the game, but by all accounts he didn't seem to be tentative at all on the court.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 09:29:23 AM »
I just hope that people have had enough time to process their grief that we can go back to laughing at how soft and sorry the Timberwolves are. I think Kobe would have wanted it that way.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 03:26:09 PM »
Luke Walton is a terrible coach.

The Blazers also need to get this man Dame some help. They're wasting his entire career while this guy goes out there with one other good scorer and has to carry the team like 2006 Kobe.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »
Damian Lillard in his past 5 Games: 61, 47, 50, 36, and 48 points while flirting with near triple doubles every game.

51 tonight. 9 three pointers.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 08:54:37 AM »
Ah. Finally some more Boylen related content. Things are slowly returning back to normal in the NBA.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 03:28:22 AM »
Oh man please make this happen (although I'd really feel terrible for D-Lo, who seemed like he was finally putting his career together last season)

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 04:32:33 AM »
Oh man please make this happen (although I'd really feel terrible for D-Lo, who seemed like he was finally putting his career together last season)

Only problem with that idea is that he was a restricted free agent and went to Golden State in a trade. So they'd have to give up money and assets anyway.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 04:47:57 AM »
Why make a play for him now as opposed during the offseason if they have to give up same amount of assets though? It doesn't make any sense.

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 04:51:52 AM »
Because the knicks don’t think one move ahead

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 05:13:32 AM »
Why make a play for him now as opposed during the offseason if they have to give up same amount of assets though? It doesn't make any sense.

They wouldn't give up the same amount of assets, though. No way was anyone topping KD and unprotected draft picks for him.

• Admin
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 05:19:16 AM »
I think we all know why the Knicks couldn't sign any free agent worth a max contract and have to give up assets to get someone. When you have the worst owner in the NBA, the only guy whose basketball decisions compare to Donald Sterling, nobody is willfully coming to play on your team. Shit, Donald Sterling might've been a better owner when it comes to on the court.

Unfortunately for the Knicks, they can only hold players like D'Lo captive for three or four years should they trade for them.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 05:30:20 AM »
It really is night and day the difference between the Knicks and Rangers. Both have the same owner, but the Rangers have had so much more success than the Knicks. I know Dolan tends to be more hands on with the Knicks, but it still mind boggling how different they are.

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 05:31:56 AM »
The thing that sucks is that the NBA can't even force this bum to sell the Knicks because he owns the arena and could kick them out. They're probably doomed until he drops dead.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 05:36:16 AM »
Speaking of incompetent franchises and DeAngelo Russell, I guess the TWolves are out of the running.

Why are The Warriors in a rush to trade D Lo anyway? Didn't he just a sign a contract this off season? Shouldn't they wait to see how he plays with The Splash Brothers first at least?

• Admin
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 06:03:30 AM »
They signed D’Lo just because he was an asset they could move later. He was also the only guy they could sign after Durant chose the Nets.

I don’t think they ever had a real plan to keep him.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 06:19:29 AM »
Depending on who you read, they aren’t in a rush to trade him either.  Teams are asking because they assume his role will diminish when the Splash Brothers are healthy but another report I read is unless the Warriors get a deal too good to pass, they aren’t really looking to trade him until they see what he does next to Steph and to a lesser extent, Klay too.  Doesn’t stop teams from calling and putting out info to reporters that they are talking about him.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 07:21:18 AM »
Because the knicks don’t think one move ahead

'we're playin' checkers, why y'all playin' chess?'

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 07:23:06 AM »
rock-paper-scissors woulda fit better

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 07:26:53 AM »
nodding.gif

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 03:26:30 PM »

Only problem with that idea is that he was a restricted free agent and went to Golden State in a trade. So they'd have to give up money and assets anyway.

Yeah.  I generally like Simmons but this is fucking stupid and an unneccesary shot at the NYK.  D-Lo to the Knicks was never a thing that was going to happen when he could either get the most $ by agreeing to the S&T, or control his own destiny and likely go to Minnesota to play with his buddy KAT

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 03:05:12 AM »
Steve Mills has been fired as the President of the New York Knicks

(sorry Roy and Beard Daddy)

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2020, 03:53:25 AM »
The main deals being talked about at the moment are Luke Kennard to Phoenix and Clint Capela to Atlanta with other teams rumored in the mix. 

The latest I saw on Capela was him landing in Atlanta, Robert Covington to Houston and Minnesota getting some draft picks but I can't find the source I saw this morning.

As for Kennard:

Additionally, talk about Iguodala's refusal to play in Memphis have come back up.  Rumors he may go to Miami but apparently Ja Morant has been shitting on Iggy on Twitter this morning.  See when it gets deleted.  One of the things the internet is seeming to enjoy is Ja's response to Curry after a Rachel Nichols tweet.  Nichols tweeted something about him waiting until next year (which would mean he could be a Warrior again), Steph Curry tweeted a picture of Iggy with the trophy from the first Warriors win and a hushing emoji.  Ja repsonded with pictures of KD holding the championship.
[img width=800

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2020, 04:24:53 AM »
The main deals being talked about at the moment are Luke Kennard to Phoenix and Clint Capela to Atlanta with other teams rumored in the mix. 

The latest I saw on Capela was him landing in Atlanta, Robert Covington to Houston and Minnesota getting some draft picks but I can't find the source I saw this morning.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28634277/timberwolves-talks-multiteam-deal-land-dangelo-russell

"The Minnesota Timberwolves are orchestrating multiteam trade discussions with Houston and Atlanta, with hopes of ultimately turning discussions into a four-way deal that brings Golden State guard D'Angelo Russell to Minnesota, league sources tell ESPN.

The Timberwolves, Rockets and Hawks possess the assets to fulfill some of each team's goals: forward Robert Covington to Houston, center Clint Capela to the Hawks and potentially two first-round picks and an expiring contract to Minnesota, league sources said."

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2020, 06:30:47 AM »
I mean, if Atlanta can get Capela without having to give up Collins, I guess. Otherwise, I don't know what they're doing.

Additionally, talk about Iguodala's refusal to play in Memphis have come back up.  Rumors he may go to Miami but apparently Ja Morant has been shitting on Iggy on Twitter this morning.  See when it gets deleted.  One of the things the internet is seeming to enjoy is Ja's response to Curry after a Rachel Nichols tweet.  Nichols tweeted something about him waiting until next year (which would mean he could be a Warrior again), Steph Curry tweeted a picture of Iggy with the trophy from the first Warriors win and a hushing emoji.  Ja repsonded with pictures of KD holding the championship.

First of all, I don't know why anybody would be against Iguodala in this, other than the insecure Grizzlies players, and their fragile-assed fans. Memphis never even bothered to assign Iguodala a jersey number: they don't even want him there. They just traded for him to get a first-round pick + a potential expiring. As for Ja Morant's "clapback," maybe it's just me, but I don't think that him posting a picture of Durant holding the trophy is the Big Joker he thinks it is.

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2020, 06:40:20 AM »
Also, regarding Houston's apparent strategy to trade their center and not get back a big man in return... I don't know whether to admire their gumption, or laugh at their stupidity? It's like they said, "Okay, well, we've won two of our last three, without playing a single player over 6'6", so let's go ahead and ride that out for the rest of the regular season, and the playoffs. This strategy will definitely work as well against the lakers and the Clippers as it did against the (checks notes) Luka-less Mavericks, and the Pelicans!"

Bold move, Cotton.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2020, 07:05:23 AM »
I mean, if Atlanta can get Capela without having to give up Collins, I guess. Otherwise, I don't know what they're doing.

First of all, I don't know why anybody would be against Iguodala in this, other than the insecure Grizzlies players, and their fragile-assed fans. Memphis never even bothered to assign Iguodala a jersey number: they don't even want him there. They just traded for him to get a first-round pick + a potential expiring. As for Ja Morant's "clapback," maybe it's just me, but I don't think that him posting a picture of Durant holding the trophy is the Big Joker he thinks it is.

That was my thought.  I really like Ja but this is the first time he’s looked like a kid, in my opinion. 
[img width=800

Online Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 07:34:23 AM »
Also, regarding Houston's apparent strategy to trade their center and not get back a big man in return... I don't know whether to admire their gumption, or laugh at their stupidity? It's like they said, "Okay, well, we've won two of our last three, without playing a single player over 6'6", so let's go ahead and ride that out for the rest of the regular season, and the playoffs. This strategy will definitely work as well against the lakers and the Clippers as it did against the (checks notes) Luka-less Mavericks, and the Pelicans!"

Bold move, Cotton.

Maybe they throw a few more minutes to Tyson Chandler and/or have faith that Isaiah Hartenstein can develop with a bigger minutes load?

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2020, 08:45:42 AM »
Mills being gone (not really, he's just shuffling roles in Dolan's empire) was overdue.  Now Perry has full control officially. 

But it being the Knicks of course they go and make a management change 48 hrs from the trade deadline.  They can't not not help themselves

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2020, 08:51:10 AM »

Bold move, Cotton.

Maybe they throw a few more minutes to Tyson Chandler and/or have faith that Isaiah Hartenstein can develop with a bigger minutes load?

Seems to be it.  That and they can find a big after buyouts

I don't hate it.  Capela has been overmatched in the playoffs and against guys like Jokic and Gobert at times, and with what he's paid and that you can now get solid role playing bigs on the cheap it's an inefficient use of cap space.  I understand the logic, and I like Covington a lot and see him as a great fit.  That said, even with his weaknesses, I feel like Capela might be being undervalued here a bit.  His contract is quite reasonable.

• Admin
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2020, 09:12:28 AM »

They don't even have anything to trade for him. Only a fool would trade RJ Barrett, so that's off the table. And that's all they got.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »

They don't even have anything to trade for him. Only a fool would trade RJ Barrett, so that's off the table. And that's all they got.

They have Marcus Morris.

You can keep Kuz tho.  Not a fan.

• Admin
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2020, 09:24:01 AM »

They have Marcus Morris.

Marcus Morris and his one year deal ain't coming here for one of the cheapest contracts in the NBA under team control. We need a guard.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2020, 09:29:45 AM »
BULLY BALL IS BACK

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2020, 09:46:16 AM »

They have Marcus Morris.

Marcus Morris and his one year deal ain't coming here for one of the cheapest contracts in the NBA under team control. We need a guard.

Best rumor I've heard is Derrick Rose

REUNITED!

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2020, 02:18:54 PM »
I really don’t have much interest in All-Star weekend this year.  When they changed from East vs West to team captains, I figured it was fine to try something new.  Now there is no point picking by conference, they should just invite the Top 24, except they are emphasizing leaving out deserving guys to give spots to players on winning teams, as they usually do.  This new thing this year with mini-games is extra meaningless and no interest to me.  If no one is even going to play a casually competitive game, they may as well just have a week off.

It sounds like there is now another format change to the three point shootout:

[img width=800

• Admin
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2020, 03:36:21 PM »
The Rockets just fucked themselves. What the hell are they doing

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2020, 02:53:33 AM »
That trade really felt like a trade for the sake of trading.  A lot of teams and players involved and I don’t really think anyone gets substantially better.  Like those pieces help Atlanta win a couple games but doesn’t even get them into the playoff picture.
[img width=800

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2020, 11:38:41 AM »

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »
Iguodala is headed to Miami as has been rumored

The deal details aren’t out but I’m starting to see Memphis is getting Justise Winslow as part of the package which I was not expecting
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2020, 12:59:56 PM »
[img width=800

• Admin
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2020, 02:12:32 PM »
Heat are also going to get Gallinari and possibly Jae Crowder.

NEVER DOUBT PAT RILEY YA FUCKS

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2020, 10:41:14 PM »
Warriors send Glenn Robinson III and Alec Burks to the Sixers for three second-round picks

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2020, 02:12:15 AM »
The Knicks have hired Leon Rose (who is former agent for Joel Embiid, Devin Booker, Karl Anthony Towns, Melo, and a bunch of others) and Worldwide Wes to run the team.

What's that? A smart move by The Knicks :o

Maybe Worldwide Wes can use his skills as the NBA's fixer to have James Dolan choke on a soufflé.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2020, 02:33:26 AM »
Well, that's definitely interesting at least

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2020, 02:44:28 AM »
Nene, who hasn’t played this season due to injury, was waived by the Hawks after being acquired in the big four-way trade.  Gotta think this is the end for him

Online THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 02:57:17 AM »
Jae Crowder headed to Miami in the Iguodala deal

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2020, 03:03:13 AM »
Dion Waiters is headed to Memphis for Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 03:39:44 AM »
I heard Charlotte Flair can be seen walking in the background in that Snickers Super Bowl commercial where they drop the giant Snickers in the hole.  Went back to try to spot her and couldn’t but I did end up seeing Bill Walton, so I guess it is a win still.
[img width=800