Author Topic: RIP Stuart Gordon  (Read 133 times)

Description: Director of "Re-Animator", "From Beyond" and more

Offline Gary

• Slowly We Rot
  • CXF Writer
RIP Stuart Gordon
« on: March 25, 2020, 01:32:00 AM »
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/stuart-gordon-dead-dies-1203544356/

I remember renting a VHS of "Re-Animator" when I was a teenager, and thinking to myself "I gotta see everything else this guy has done" I haven't seen everything he's done, but everything of his I've seen I've enjoyed. Just a really talented director. RIP to a real one.

Fun fact: Jingus hated Gordon's movies, and we all know what happened to that guy. Don't be a Jingus (with and without the pedo stuff)

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Online Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
Re: RIP Stuart Gordon
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 05:08:51 AM »
Damn. The only filmmaker whose work I adored left from my adolescence is James Cameron.

RIP to the man who introduced so many to HP Lovecraft.

Offline Gary

• Slowly We Rot
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 06:00:50 AM »
Damn. The only filmmaker whose work I adored left from my adolescence is James Cameron.

RIP to the man who introduced so many to HP Lovecraft.
John Carpenter and Joe Dante are still around

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Online Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 11:24:26 AM »
Shit, you're right. Blame it on the 2 hours of sleep from feeding/changing a newborn.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 01:45:05 AM »
This one really sucks. Gordon has made some of my all time favourite Lovecraftian horror films - especially From Beyond. RIP to a real G. :(

Fun fact: Jingus hated Gordon's movies, and we all know what happened to that guy. Don't be a Jingus (with and without the pedo stuff)

Ugh, I still have flashbacks of arguing with him that Dagon was a perfectly acceptable homage to The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

Offline Gary

• Slowly We Rot
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 09:21:40 AM »

Ugh, I still have flashbacks of arguing with him that Dagon was a perfectly acceptable homage to The Shadow Over Innsmouth.
Fun fact: "Dagon" was originally meant to be the follow up to "Re-Animator" (and was going to be called "The Shadow Over Innsmouth"), but Charles Band thought it would be too weird, and everyone thought it would be too expensive to make.