Author Topic: Sim City for SNES (Wii)  (Read 83 times)

Description: Trying to get a Megalopolis

Offline JN News

• CXF's Resident Schizo.
  • JN News
Sim City for SNES (Wii)
« on: March 26, 2020, 02:16:11 PM »
I'm currently on my Metropolis. I've intentionally skipped Industrial Zones, Airports, & Seaports, because I want a nice, clean city. I've also placed Police Stations and Fire Departments, as well. I also only used railroads for roads. My main problem is unemployment and housing costs.

How can I solve unemployment and housing costs? Anyone here know what to do?

Offline The Amazing Rando

• Apparently Smart?
    • Opposite Attractions
Re: Sim City for SNES (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 02:53:49 PM »
I think I went over this on the old board years ago but the secret to the original Sim City was to build everything like this:

RRR   
R?R   
RRR

with the middle being a school, fire station, police station, or whatever and the outside edge being done as  Park/Road/Park for each three square section. So along the top Rs would be

PRPPRPPRP

and you'll never have traffic problems and just keep connecting the squares together doing one I for each two Cs and Rs (I think that's the proper ratio). All the Park land will keep Industrial Pollution down and just replace one of the Parks with the power lines between each block. Add in the specialty buildings (airports, seaports, etc) whenever you bump up against something where a full RCI block won't fit.
A Horrible Premise - Episode 48: TEN CORGIS TAPED TOGETHER - an improv comedy game show podcast about creating 'horrible' tv shows.

Opposite Attractions - a comedy design podcast where two idiots design their very own theme parks. SEASON 7 IS HERE!

Buy my novel, Accounting For Glory, now in paperback!

I made a silly Disney Parks RPG. You should check it out here!

Apparently Artistic - See my dubious attempts at making art.

Bro, Do You Even Tweet?

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 01:37:01 AM »
Mt favourite game of the franchise. :)

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • Three Time Tetris 99 Champ!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 04:44:24 AM »
It had a great soundtrack and I like the season's changing during the year. None of the other games had that feature. Plus Bowser is the monster that invades the city.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 07:33:02 AM »
I suck so much as at it and only get anywhere by using the $999,999 glitch, but god damned have I sunk hours into that game. The music until you get to I think around 100,000 population is super soothing and addicting.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.