Author Topic: The Vs Fighting Game Thread - News & Views..  (Read 35288 times)

Description:

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
The Vs Fighting Game Thread - News & Views..
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2010, 01:54:27 AM »
I've played bits and peices of KoF12 and liked it enough. But lack of story and lack of Mai was dissapointing.

I've seen my mate play Battle Fantasia and, as it's only 14 quid on Amazon, I might pick it up.

Cheers!

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2010, 02:12:06 AM »
No problem - are your 2D's limited to 360? Do you have a Playstation 2? There've been quite a few that've come out recently for the good ole PS2.

Did you ever give Mortal Kombat vs DC a try? Not 2D, but a pretty fun time waster. ;)
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline luke-o

« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2010, 02:22:51 AM »
I'm getting my PS2 back out of storage soon. I've got a lot of the KoFs, Capcom/SNKs and the Alpha Anthology and Fighting Jam.

What's new that I missed out on?

NOTE: I don't import games :)

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2010, 02:56:32 AM »
I will have to check when I get home.. I lose track between what is import and what isn't in my collection. So I'll get back to you on that one. ;)

Offline Thoth

• Curleh Mustache~
« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2010, 05:33:35 AM »
I'm getting on 360, as I do all my fighting games. I have my TE stick for 360.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2010, 06:01:24 AM »
You know what I wish? I wish Melty Blood Actress Again was on PS3 or Xbox. I'm actually really good with MB, but it sucks that its only on PS2.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2010, 06:29:53 AM »
A high def version of MB would kick all kinds of ass and I would probably never leave my house ever again.

Offline luke-o

« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
I'm planning on getting this pad when I get SSFIV. I figure the d-pad will probably be better:

7 months and counting...

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2010, 01:54:24 PM »
A high def version of MB would kick all kinds of ass and I would probably never leave my house ever again.

Same here. Its a shame that it doesn't get this treatment. Plus it would be kinda cool if they tried (and God that would be hard) tying all the loose storylines into something a little more cohesive than what it is, but hey is pretty good as is.

Hey dub, I'm probably guessing you played MBACvb, right? What character do you normally use? I'm a Ciel user myself.

And I'm so getting a D-Pad controller of SSIV, maybe.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2010, 05:14:57 AM »
MCAB I usually use Akiha or Ciel. :)

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2010, 07:31:52 AM »
Hahah. Great, another Ciel user. I seem to meet a ton of them when I ask around. Probably because she's the easiest character to pick up and use out of any fighter I've ever played.

Noel is second on that list.

Offline Thoth

• Curleh Mustache~
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2010, 10:58:01 AM »
Melty Blood is in this Year's Evo tournament, having won a fans' vote.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2010, 04:06:58 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/17/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-3-going-hd-on-360-ps3-in-late-2010-or/

There've been rumors swirling around about a sequel to Capcom's superhero-flavored fighter Marvel vs Capcom 2 pretty much since the game arrived 10 years ago. And given Capcom's recent success with a Street Fighter revival -- not to mention the sales rampage of MvC2 on XBLA and PSN -- the sequel rumormill has once again begun turning furiously. This week's press-only Captivate event in Hawaii, held yearly by the Japanese publisher, is said to have showcased just such a sequel in Marvel vs Capcom 3 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, claims PlanetXbox360. At the same event, a sequel to Bionic Commando: Rearmed is alleged to have been announced, though no details are given.

According to the report, MvC3 will receive a retail release and will run in "full 1080p." Allegedly, while the full character list is unknown, some have been confirmed. "Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm, and a few others will be back; but the team behind MvC3 have said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes," the piece claims. Rather than sticking with 2D graphics of MvC2, the rumored sequel is said to mix Street Fighter IV's graphical style with the last Marvel vs Capcom game's 2D style. The piece finally claims we'll hear more about the title next week and it'll even be playable at E3 in June. When we reached out to Capcom for comment, we were told, "We don't comment on speculation and rumors."

Crossing my fingers...

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2010, 05:51:31 AM »
Melty Blood is in this Year's Evo tournament, having won a fans' vote.

I know, I was there when I watched Chachamaru's, HeartNana's, and DJCream's reaction going "holy shit, I need to practice my game now". They honestly weren't expecting it to win, so it'll be interesting. Though I think Nana said he wasn't going. T_T And I can't go, because I'm poor.

The only problem for me is its Actress Again, and I haven't played that yet.

Also, I really hope that MvC3 rumor is true. That would be awesome.

Offline luke-o

« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2010, 12:56:28 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/17/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-3-going-hd-on-360-ps3-in-late-2010-or/

There've been rumors swirling around about a sequel to Capcom's superhero-flavored fighter Marvel vs Capcom 2 pretty much since the game arrived 10 years ago. And given Capcom's recent success with a Street Fighter revival -- not to mention the sales rampage of MvC2 on XBLA and PSN -- the sequel rumormill has once again begun turning furiously. This week's press-only Captivate event in Hawaii, held yearly by the Japanese publisher, is said to have showcased just such a sequel in Marvel vs Capcom 3 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, claims PlanetXbox360. At the same event, a sequel to Bionic Commando: Rearmed is alleged to have been announced, though no details are given.

According to the report, MvC3 will receive a retail release and will run in "full 1080p." Allegedly, while the full character list is unknown, some have been confirmed. "Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm, and a few others will be back; but the team behind MvC3 have said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes," the piece claims. Rather than sticking with 2D graphics of MvC2, the rumored sequel is said to mix Street Fighter IV's graphical style with the last Marvel vs Capcom game's 2D style. The piece finally claims we'll hear more about the title next week and it'll even be playable at E3 in June. When we reached out to Capcom for comment, we were told, "We don't comment on speculation and rumors."

Crossing my fingers...

I hope this is true. I really hope this is true.

And I hope Daredevil gets a look in this time!

7 months and counting...

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2010, 03:26:34 AM »
I can't remember, was there not a single member of the Fantastic 4 in MvC2?  If anything, put Torch and Thing in as playable characters with Reed and Sue as assists/special attack partners.

Offline devo

« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2010, 02:05:58 AM »

Crossing my fingers...

http://www.youtube.com/v/n44ZzayoBAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »
Hell yeah!

Offline DukeTogo

• Golgo
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2010, 03:19:02 AM »
MvC is the one everyone cares about, but I wonder what this means regarding TvC's possible sequel.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2010, 03:37:59 AM »
Probably means no TvC, but you never know.

Holy fuck that trailer was nice. I can't believe though we're throwing a Resident Evil character into the mix. That just seems so very wrong. Especially him vs. Hulk.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2010, 03:39:14 AM »
This is great news.  I'm really pumped to see a character roster.  Wonder if this will have a Capcom or Marvel final boss?  Maybe an original creation like Abyss from MvC2?  At this point, if they go with a Marvel character, it will be a Void-controlled Sentry, and I'm not sure what it would be if they did something.with a Capcom character.  Either way, hopefully the multiplayer stays just as fun.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2010, 03:42:38 AM »
Can't edit posts on my phone.  So yea, friend of mine just called me, on the verge of orgasm over the news.  Really, MvC2 came out 10 years ago, and people still play it like its brand new .  It has great staying power.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2010, 04:24:06 AM »
I hope some of the heels from Resident Evil get in on the roster.. like a playable Nemesis. That would kick ass.

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Riding the waves of Insanity
    • Watersfall Industries
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2010, 05:00:51 AM »

Holy fuck that trailer was nice. I can't believe though we're throwing a Resident Evil character into the mix. That just seems so very wrong. Especially him vs. Hulk.
Why does that seem wrong?  Jill Valentine was in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, wasn't she?

CURRENT EPISODE: Watercolors #7: Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling
"You're only given a little spark of madness.  And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
HBO Special

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2010, 05:45:38 AM »
She was, yup.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2010, 06:50:09 AM »
 :-[ Sonuvabitch, I didn't know that. My bad.

Matt Young

« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »
It's real!

Teaser trailer (no gameplay): http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r=629-Its-Mahvel-Baby

Offline DukeTogo

• Golgo
« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »

And that sucks. Or it'll remain Japan / Wii exclusive.

They're saying there will be 30-40 characters. Spider-Man, Storm, and Magneto were noted in that article. Some art shows the silhouettes of others.

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #278 on: April 20, 2010, 10:34:58 PM »
I can't see the links at work...who's the Resident Evil character?

Offline devo

« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2010, 12:54:25 AM »
Chris Redfield.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me

Offline devo

« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2010, 08:08:50 AM »
The Tiger handheld is still better than Street Fighter I.

Matt Young

« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2010, 08:21:28 AM »
I wasn't the slightest bit interested in Super Street Fighter IV till 2 days ago.  Now I want it.  A friend offered to give me his SFIV Madcatz pad for the price of shipping ($6) and the game is $40 on Amazon with a $10 credit for future purchases.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2010, 07:00:31 PM »
Been playing since about 10pm.

New intro is awesome but doesn't include enough of the newer characters for my liking.

Colors and taunts are apparenty time-based / activity-based unlocks. Fight enough with a certain person and you get a message like "You've unlocked a new taunt for Dudley".

Tons of people already have the game apparently as I've had quite a few online matches.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2010, 01:21:48 AM »
TFG was saying that a lot of Walmarts broke the street date and have been selling it since at least the 21st or 22nd.. Where'd you get yours?

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2010, 02:11:41 AM »
I remember the original Street Fighter 2 Tiger handheld commercial.  It made the game look pretty good, so I bought it.  What a pile, and what a disappointed 10 year old I was.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2010, 02:48:03 AM »
I remember the original Street Fighter 2 Tiger handheld commercial.  It made the game look pretty good, so I bought it.  What a pile, and what a disappointed 10 year old I was.

Street Fighter II LCD Game Commercial

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2010, 05:53:53 AM »
Some dude I know is actually worried that MvC3 will play like RE5 just because it uses the same MT Framework. Uh.... I don't know where to begin.

Matt Young

« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2010, 08:04:59 AM »
TFG was saying that a lot of Walmarts broke the street date and have been selling it since at least the 21st or 22nd.. Where'd you get yours?

He works at Gamestop.  They have a terrible policy of letting employees take brand new games home with them before the street date, then they sell the opened copies as "new".

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2010, 08:31:18 AM »
Ahh, the magic of a resealer.

Offline AndrewTS

• secure in his masculinity
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2010, 09:58:48 AM »
Some dude I know is actually worried that MvC3 will play like RE5 just because it uses the same MT Framework. Uh.... I don't know where to begin.

Tell him that Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe runs on the Unreal Engine.  Maybe he'll "get it."
The geek shall inherit the earth.

"We're all geeks. I'm trying to reclaim that word, because a geek is just someone who carries the enthusiasm of childhood into adult life." -- Simon Pegg, co-writer/star of "Shaun of the Dead."

I gave up watching pro wrestling in favor of something better written, more coherent, and less insulting to my intelligence--girly comic books.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »

He works at Gamestop.  They have a terrible policy of letting employees take brand new games home with them before the street date, then they sell the opened copies as "new".

I'm sorry Matt, I couldn't discern anything from your post over the obnoxious amount of whining it contained.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »

He works at Gamestop.  They have a terrible policy of letting employees take brand new games home with them before the street date, then they sell the opened copies as "new".

This from the guy who has no qualms about buying a new system to use for a few weeks with the intent of returning it, or buying a new system and returning a broken one in its place.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Thoth

• Curleh Mustache~
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2010, 04:20:45 PM »
Roommate got an early copy, am playing it now (Look at my gamercard for proof). It is awesome and I love it to death. Questions?

Offline Thoth

• Curleh Mustache~
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »
Justin Wong and Daigo Umehara just ended their 5 game set with a DRAW. This is unprecedented in street fighter tourney play. I am freaking out just from watching the match.

Matt Young

« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »

He works at Gamestop.  They have a terrible policy of letting employees take brand new games home with them before the street date, then they sell the opened copies as "new".

I'm sorry Matt, I couldn't discern anything from your post over the obnoxious amount of whining it contained.

How was I whining?  I wasn't.  I certainly wasn't blaming you for taking advantage of the opportunity.  But it's still shitty of Gamestop to sell those used copies as "new".  That's why I never buy from there unless there's a preorder bonus for something.  But I wasn't criticizing you at all.  And that pretty much covers what Smues said, too.

Offline devo

« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2010, 11:53:36 PM »
Justin Wong and Daigo Umehara just ended their 5 game set with a DRAW. This is unprecedented in street fighter tourney play. I am freaking out just from watching the match.

Link please!

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff

Offline devo

« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2010, 01:18:29 AM »
Much obliged. That was absurd.

Offline Flik

• DorianS
  • CXF Writer
  • @DSookochoff
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2010, 04:17:22 AM »
I just am shocked that Guile's super actually hits behind him that far. I knew it would hit, but not that quickly.