Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 10584 times)

Description:

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• If I told you cocaine numbers you would think I was lyin'
  • WWWYKI
Pearl Jam
« on: September 18, 2009, 12:58:59 PM »
Their new CD Backspacer is VERY good.   I really like it and there really aren't any skippable songs.

They are giving away limited edition orange vinyl records of their new album randomly.   They put it somewhere, take a picture, tweet the picture and whoever gets there first gets it. 

They did one near me http://twitpic.com/i2qza  and I got there as fast as I could (about 20 minutes) and by the time I got there it was gone, but I got a cool Pearl Jam sticker out of it. 

Anyway, the new cd is really good and you all should check it out.  It comes out on the 20th I believe.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:52:02 AM »
Cowboy Numbers is right on the money with this one -- Great Album!

It feels like classic PJ but still fresh and different. :)

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
Pearl Jam
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:19:06 AM »
I actually have to say that the song they play in the new Target commercial is the one PJ song I haven't completely loathed since "Do The Evolution" came out.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 04:31:57 AM »
I haven't seen the ad - what song are they using?

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
Pearl Jam
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 04:54:01 AM »
I have no idea, but the chorus is something along the lines of "I've got to take it back again, yeaaaaah" a few times over.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:27:42 AM »
The Fixer (it's from the new album).

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
Pearl Jam
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 06:15:21 AM »
I actually have to say that the song they play in the new Target commercial is the one PJ song I haven't completely loathed since "Do The Evolution" came out.

They have had good stuff, it's just been kind of hidden away on mediocre albums.  These are two of my favorites from their post Yield output:

Pearl Jam - Sad

Pearl Jam - Severed Hand

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 03:32:03 AM »
The entire "Avacado" album was aces, IMO. Also, "Do The Evolution" is a severely underrated track. It's fucking awesome when they perform it live.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 03:57:29 AM »
I don't care for DTE.  I skip past it whenever it pops up on my iPod.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 04:47:56 AM »
FWIW, I actually didn't like it either when I first heard it. I avoided it for years.. but just within the past few years it's really grown on me.

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• WWWYKI
Pearl Jam
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 06:41:02 AM »
FWIW, I actually didn't like it either when I first heard it. I avoided it for years.. but just within the past few years it's really grown on me.

Same.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
Pearl Jam
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
The best part of DTE is the guitar breakdown when Vedder starts singing in the distorted voice.  Very cool sounding.

BTW, my top ten:

10. Do the Evolution
9. Present Tense
8. I Got Shit
7. Release
6. Given to Fly
5. Rearviewmirror
4. Corduroy
3. Immortality
2. In My Tree
1. Black

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 10:40:32 AM »
AA, that's a list I'm gonna have to put together now, too. I'm probably going to have two, as there are some songs I enjoy more live than others, and vice versa.

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• WWWYKI
Pearl Jam
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 11:27:15 AM »
The best part of DTE is the guitar breakdown when Vedder starts singing in the distorted voice.  Very cool sounding.

BTW, my top ten:

10. Do the Evolution
9. Present Tense
8. I Got Shit
7. Release
6. Given to Fly
5. Rearviewmirror
4. Corduroy
3. Immortality
2. In My Tree
1. Black

Fucking LOVE Black.  That is one song that I cannot listen to loud enough.  No matter how loud it gets, it's still not loud enough.

Offline Dobbs3K

• TSM's former ultimate heel.
Pearl Jam
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 12:24:23 PM »
I've never been much of a Pearl Jam fan...I got alienated by the non-stop airplay "Jeremy" got and pretty much turned away ever since. I've heard some of their newer stuff and like some of it a bit. I did download "The Fixer" onto my iPod and find it extremely catchy. Very good straight ahead rock & roll song.
"Tell Mr. Selig that next time that kid pitches, there's a good chance he gets one in the ribs." - Ryan Braun

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
Pearl Jam
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »
AA, that's a list I'm gonna have to put together now, too. I'm probably going to have two, as there are some songs I enjoy more live than others, and vice versa.

That's "In My Tree" for me.  I still like the studio version well enough but the live version is just so good.  I really wish they would have emphasized the guitar solo more at the end of the studio version.  It sounds much more soulful live

Pearl Jam - In My Tree

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 12:37:48 AM »
I think a lot of it for me, as well, is hearing the crowd ALL singing along to certain songs. It makes stuff like "Betterman" or "Given to Fly" even more enjoyable (especially if you're in the crowd) than their studio counterparts.

Offline Black Lushus

Pearl Jam
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »
"Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" is probably my favorite Pearl Jam tune.  I stopped paying attention to Pearl Jam after Yield aside from a single hear or there I might catch on the radio.  I do like "Life Wasted", though.

Offline JRE

Pearl Jam
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 02:58:15 AM »
I'm traveling from Phoenix to San Diego to catch a show in October- really looking forward to it.  "Amongst the Waves" and "Unthought Known" are great moments on the new album. 

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 05:22:14 AM »
"Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" is probably my favorite Pearl Jam tune. 

Another one of favourites when played live. Eddie almost always prefaces it with some story or some kind of play to the small towns that may be in the area. This year we got a story about how he was up here paddling in the lake recently and came across Toronto Island - never knew it existed, apparently - and was going on about how he hears that certain interests want to make it more commercial and force out more of the residents, and for us to hold onto that as long as we can, etc. Either way, yeah, great song live.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 05:45:43 AM »
Oh, and can I also say how much I fucking love that this band records and releases almost every major show they play in both MP3 and CD format? I love that I have every show I've ever gone to on my iPod, and they were cheap too ($10)!

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• WWWYKI
Pearl Jam
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 09:10:45 AM »
Oh, and can I also say how much I fucking love that this band records and releases almost every major show they play in both MP3 and CD format? I love that I have every show I've ever gone to on my iPod, and they were cheap too ($10)!

Yeah.  I like when bands do that.   Metallica releases every show they do on their site.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
Pearl Jam
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 03:55:56 AM »
Yield was pretty good, but I'll admit that I haven't listened to much from them since then.

Offline pochorenella

Pearl Jam
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 05:16:17 AM »
I believe Kiss has also been doing this since a couple of years back IIRC. For this latest tour, they not only have the shows on CD, they also have this awesome-looking USB drives with the KISS logo that double as wristbands. The USB drive contains the live recording of said concert in 256kb mp3.
You Wanted The Best, You GOT THE  BEST! THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!! KISS!!!!

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 12:08:48 PM »
Last night's show was awesome!  Best one I've seen.  Band was on fire, and the crowd was incredible.

Set List: Gonna See My Friend, The Fixer, In My Tree, Given To Fly, Tremor Christ, Untitled/ MFC, Hold On, Unthought Known, In Hiding, Deep, Habit, Cropduster, Off He Goes, Force Of Nature, Present Tense, Got Some, Do The Evolution

1st encore: Just Breathe, Parting Ways, Jeremy, Breath, Light Years, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Whipping, Crazy Mary, Footsteps, Once, Alive, Sonic Reducer, Baba O'Riley

I've mentioned Footsteps being on my "must see" list, and I got it last night.  In My Tree is another favorite.  Hold On from Lost Dogs!  Breath!  Sonic Reducer!!!

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• WWWYKI
Pearl Jam
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 08:10:45 PM »
I'm jealous.   I wish they'd come around here.

Offline C Dubya 09

Pearl Jam
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 06:33:18 AM »
Seemed like quite a run at the Spectrum.  I went down to the Friday show, and it really was great.  They sound so tight right now.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 07:36:34 AM »

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Pearl Jam
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 10:15:21 AM »
Awesome!!

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 02:38:17 PM »
Pearl Jam will be the musical guest on SNL 3/13.

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
Pearl Jam
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »
I saw Pearl Jam in 96 I think it was, No Code had come out and the show was made up of all my favorite 4 PJ albums.  I fucking love Vitalogy and they played a ton of it.  That was a great show.

Offline FroGG_NeaLL

• Spectacular Shirtless Rapping
  • CXF Writer
  • WIT DA GREATEST OF EASE
Pearl Jam
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »

Offline FroGG_NeaLL

• CXF Writer
Pearl Jam
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2010, 10:06:43 PM »
BUMP

Anybody else go to any of the concerts they had that they released on cd? The 3 disc sets in the foldout cheapass cardboard cases?

Pearl Jam decided to record every show on its 2000 Binaural Tour professionally, after noting the desire of fans to own a copy of the shows they attended and the popularity of bootleg recordings. The band had been open in the past about allowing fans to make amateur recordings, and these "official bootlegs" were an attempt to provide a more affordable and better quality product for fans. Pearl Jam originally intended to release them to only fan club members, but the band's record contract prevented it from doing so. Pearl Jam released all of the albums in record stores as well as through its fan club. The band released 72 live albums in 2000 and 2001, and set a record for most albums to debut in the Billboard 200 at the same time.

Matt Young

Pearl Jam
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
Over the past month, "Just Breathe" has become one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs.  It's right up there with "Black".

Pearl Jam
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 04:05:49 AM »
I got tickets to see Pearl Jam on May 10th in Buffalo.  They were the first concert at the HSBC arena back in 96 when I was in high school...so it's pretty cool to be heading back.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
Pearl Jam
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2010, 04:31:10 AM »
I'll be at their first date of the new tour on 5/3 in Kansas City. Buddy of mine is in the fan club and offered to pick up a ticket for me, so I'm pumped. They're one of those groups that I've missed seeing a handful of times in the past, so really looking forward to it.

The long drive to KC.....no so much.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 12:05:56 AM »
RedJed - how was the show?

Pearl Jam
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »
I put my comment on yesterday's show in the live music thread...but I was blown away by the show.  It was an all out rocker and they turned one of my favorite songs "Not For You" into an epic number.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
Pearl Jam
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2010, 10:01:17 AM »
RedJed - how was the show?

I never mentioned this (probably because I was so pissed about it), but I got fucked at work and wasn't allowed to take the days off to go to KC so my friend brought someone else. So once again denied seeing a PJ show.......its a bad curse for me at this point since Ive had plans to see them a handful of times now throughout the years and shit always happens to make it impossible to go. I heard the show was fucking unbelievable though, needless to say.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
Pearl Jam
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
I put my comment on yesterday's show in the live music thread...but I was blown away by the show.  It was an all out rocker and they turned one of my favorite songs "Not For You" into an epic number.

That sounds awesome.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
Pearl Jam
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 10:28:58 AM »
I'm pissed that the only night they are coming anywhere near me (Raleigh) is Virginia on a Tuesday night.  I figured they would at least hit up G'boro or Charlotte.

Offline FroGG_NeaLL

• CXF Writer
Pearl Jam
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »
Thats shitty you missed the show, man. They always deliver with an awesome selection of songs, and you never know what you're going to hear, outside of the main few songs that they basically HAVE to play, And you never know how long the show will last. They never leave early, but if eddie's feeling it that night, they'll keep going forever it seemed like. Not complaining btw.  Loved every minute of it.

Still wasnt as good as this time:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-05-03-03-State-College-Pennsylvania/dp/B00009ZYCA

I was there.

And nobody ever answered my question:

BUMP

Anybody else go to any of the concerts they had that they released on cd? The 3 disc sets in the foldout cheapass cardboard cases?

Pearl Jam decided to record every show on its 2000 Binaural Tour professionally, after noting the desire of fans to own a copy of the shows they attended and the popularity of bootleg recordings. The band had been open in the past about allowing fans to make amateur recordings, and these "official bootlegs" were an attempt to provide a more affordable and better quality product for fans. Pearl Jam originally intended to release them to only fan club members, but the band's record contract prevented it from doing so. Pearl Jam released all of the albums in record stores as well as through its fan club. The band released 72 live albums in 2000 and 2001, and set a record for most albums to debut in the Billboard 200 at the same time.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 12:08:11 AM »
I was at 1 of the Camden shows from that tour.  I bought probably in the range of 15-20 of those shows on CD, as well as more from subsequent tours.  They've been selling downloads (you can also get them on CDs) on their website from every tour since.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
Pearl Jam
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
I've really taken a liking to their track "Immortality".

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
Pearl Jam
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2010, 05:06:40 AM »

Pearl Jam 5/10/10 Buffalo - Not For You

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 02:54:43 PM »
Bought this as a birthday present to myself:

It came with these:

Offline FroGG_NeaLL

• CXF Writer
Pearl Jam
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 02:22:21 AM »
So much greatness right there. I want one!

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 04:28:11 AM »
$60, sold on their website.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
Pearl Jam
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 04:17:35 AM »
Pearl Jam will be on Jimmy Fallon's show Thursday & Friday.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Pearl Jam
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 08:02:01 AM »
Thanks for the heads up

I saw video of the Temple of the Dog reunion......f'n sick!