Author Topic: What's the tightest...hardest jar of food you've ever had to open?  (Read 2187 times)

Description:

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
I just got back from Apple Hill and I was craving some jalapeno & garlic stuffed olives.....but damn that jar was a bitch to get open.  Even had to do the knife under the lip of the lid to pop the air out trick.....wow. 
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline mellow

• NXT Pro
    • Hell no.
What's the tightest...hardest jar of food you've ever had to open?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »
I never have any difficulties with jars, but I once got my fist stuck in a can of Pringles. They ought to put a warning label on those things.

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:10:41 AM »
I can usually gorilla a jar open because I have freakish grip strength, but more delicate tasks end up messy. Like if a wrapper adheres itself to some candy? Cow Tails are bad about this.

Offline kkktookmybabyaway

• Fry Mumia
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:05:28 AM »
None. But if my hands are wet I'm in trouble.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 01:41:32 PM »
When I lived with my parents, I swear my dad must have used a drill socket to re-close two-liter pop bottles once they'd been opened.  I mean, it was ridiculous.  Other than that, I have no problems opening stuff.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• If I told you cocaine numbers you would think I was lyin'
  • WWWYKI
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 03:28:09 PM »
When I lived with my parents, I swear my dad must have used a drill socket to re-close two-liter pop bottles once they'd been opened.  I mean, it was ridiculous.  Other than that, I have no problems opening stuff.

I've done that before.   I guess I didn't realize how tight I was screwing the lid and the next time I went to open I thought it was fucking ridiculous.   It got to the point where I had to use my shirt over it and tried unscrewing it.

Offline Poptones

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »
I never have any difficulties with jars, but I once got my fist stuck in a can of Pringles. They ought to put a warning label on those things.

Pringles cans are made out of flimsy cardboard.  Exactly how long was your hand stuck?

Offline Dad Rock

• Alfie
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 05:48:03 PM »
Opening jars can be problematic for me. My hands are the one part of my body that seem to sweat a lot, and I can never get a good grip.
met this fat girl (not a huge whale or anything but like 25-26 BMI) at a club in like,,, 2008....shes cool, not my type but giant hooters....we start drinkin gettin real faded, and she takes me out to her car to smoke some dro.....im high as fuck and point blank shes just like "hey man i am down to blow you........" im like whatever and we try but my dick wasnt workin cuz i was so faded and this fuckin weed she had was like....fuck i just couldnt get my head in the game..but im rico suave and i get her digits and she texts me her address the next day and says "come over to get ur cock sucked and blow a load in my perm"

so i roll up and her roommate answers the door, i ask if her roomies around and she says "oh....she DIED TEN YEARS AGO THIS VERY DAY...."

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »
If you have problems opening up jars, take the back end of the knife and tap against the lid multiple times around. This would break the seal.

Offline mellow

• NXT Pro
    • Hell no.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »

Pringles cans are made out of flimsy cardboard.  Exactly how long was your hand stuck?

I don't know, maybe air pressure. I had to walk all the way down to the local Quick Stop and ask the clerk to assist me in pulling the can off. It was humiliating.

Offline Vitamin X

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
Sometimes you just gotta let that last chip go.

Offline RavishingRickRudo

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »
I like that there is a certain degree of bravado in this thread regarding opening jar lids.  Like some sort of home ec pissing contest.

Me? Well, let's just say that I'm the first guy they go to to open up lids.  But there was this one time, a while ago when I was a youngin, still learnin the ways of the jar, that I came across this one stubborn sumbitch that I had an awful heckufa time with.  Think it was a pickle jar if my mind serves me right.  Well shit, if this lid wasn't stuck on tighter than jew ona dropped quarter.  Had me a go at this thing for bout an hour before I decided to hanker down and get real serious with it.  Like a one tit whore jerkin a lame sailor, I done everything I knew to try and get it off.  Hot water, cold water, knife edge, towels, prybars and the like.  Turned out I was twistin it the wrong way!  Oooh shit.  Came off easy after that.

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 10:38:46 AM »
You sir, are a winner.

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 04:22:47 AM »
I am head jar person for people around me.  I have an advantage by having large hands.

Sometimes, though, I need to put a cabinet liner over the lid in order to get a good grip.

Overall, though, I can tame the pickle jar.