Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers - 12/04/09  (Read 1624 times)

Description:

Offline Box

Smackdown Spoilers - 12/04/09
« on: November 29, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
Because they are going to Iraq, they are early this week.

PWInsider:

R-Truth beat CM Punk by DQ after Luke Gallos interfered, the bout ended with Gallos giving R-Truth a bear hug. Punk and Gallos taunted the crowd gaining a lot of heat with R-Truth still on the ground.

Kane beat Mike Knox in a pretty quick match. I am surprised that Knox still has a job.

Mickie James beat Beth Phoenix and Natayla to become the Number One Contender for the Women's Championship. It wasn't specified when she'd get the shot but after the match, since Michelle McCool and Layla were ringside at the announcer's table, Mickie James attacked them and got double teamed until Maria came out and helped Mickie fend them off.

Vickie Guerrero came out after being embarrassed last week by Eric Escobar and I could barely hear what she was saying because of there being so much booing from the crowd. I got the gist of it though, and pretty much Eric needed to come out and beg to come back to her. Eric came out but said he was sorry for ever meeting her. Vickie set up a handicap match between Escobar and the Hart Foundation.

Hart Foundation (DH Smith and Tyson Kidd) beat Eric Escobar in a handicap match. Pretty short one at that.

Backstage, Batista is complaining to Teddy Long about Undertaker calling him out tonight but Long said it wasn't his problem. Long however told Batista that next week on Smackdown that Batista and Mysterio will have a street fight match.

Drew McIntyre beat John Morrison in a really decent match, didn't see McIntryre beating Morrison at all. Crowd wasn't pleased.

Big Show and Jericho beat Cryme Tyme after Big Show got tagged in and hit Shad with a one hit "KO".

Undertaker came out to a pretty sweet entrance from what I could tell only to get beat down by Batista with a chair. Batista kept knocking Taker around with it until referee Scott Armstrong got involved and then Tony Chimel who announced ECW, Superstars, and Smackdown announced that the dark main event to be Taker vs Batista vs CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Championship. Batista and Punk double teamed Taker only for Taker to come back and start fighting both of them. Somehow the chair got involved when Jericho's music came on and Jericho started beating up on Taker. Kane got involved as well and both Kane and Taker chokeslammed Batista and Jericho. CM Punk got a tombstone and Taker got the obvious victory and retained the title.

Eric Escobar, super babyface? I thought he was going to go back to FCW, looks like he's sticking around.

So McIntyre gets the win over Morrison, I guess IC gold is in his future, hopefully he actually wins it unlike Ziggler, who was missing from this show.

Rey is still around? I thought he was gone for a while, unless it's a swerve and it's someone else under that mask.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
Smackdown Spoilers - 12/05/09
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »

Eric Escobar, super babyface? I thought he was going to go back to FCW, looks like he's sticking around.

So McIntyre gets the win over Morrison, I guess IC gold is in his future, hopefully he actually wins it unlike Ziggler, who was missing from this show.

Rey is still around? I thought he was gone for a while, unless it's a swerve and it's someone else under that mask.

I guess since the figured Escobar was going nowhere as a heel, they would try him as a face before abandoning all hope.

McIntyre is showing a ton of promise.  With Sheamus getting a WWE title shot so quick, maybe some gold is indeed in McIntyre's future.

Rey returned at a house show the other night, showing little to no signs of Batista's beatdown.  I believe the notes said he had his ribs taped, but didn't do much selling.

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:26:20 PM »
I hope that they are looking to push him as a face because otherwise this all just looks pointless.

"You can't get over? Then lose in handicap matches! That will learn you!"

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline Psycho Penguin

• Mitch Richmond > Michael Jordan
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »
He was much better as a face in FCW, even champion for a time. His heel turn was odd (something like YOU'RE NOT AS HISPANIC AS I AM!) and he never had the charisma to pull it off.

Offline Rock Star From Mars

• (atticus Chaos)
  • (atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »
from f4w
-During the 3 way women's match, Michelle McCool and Layla sat at ringside in t-shirts that read "Piggie James."  After Mickie won the match (and got a huge pop from her home state crowd), she cut a promo on both McCool and Layla and then attacked them both.  The heels eventually got the upper hand via double team.  Mickie was rescued by Maria.  This whole Piggie thing is ridiculous.  Mickie looks healthy.  

Just in case anyone seriously believed the "piggy" thing was a one off, and not her new gimmick.

Offline I Know You Like Sugar

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 11:08:02 PM »
the bout ended with Gallos giving R-Truth a bear hug.

OH NOEZ!

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 03:51:39 AM »
So, let me see if I have this right: they spend the better part of a month and a half portraying Beth Phoenix as unstoppable, and then have her lose a #1 contender's match clean to Mickie James? The hell?

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 03:55:18 AM »
It's all part of Mickie's elaborate punishment for trying to use wrestling as a springboard to stardom in Nashville oh god she's the living form of Double J

Offline Psycho Penguin

• Mitch Richmond > Michael Jordan
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 04:46:37 AM »
So, let me see if I have this right: they spend the better part of a month and a half portraying Beth Phoenix as unstoppable, and then have her lose a #1 contender's match clean to Mickie James? The hell?

and Natalya

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 04:52:03 AM »
from f4w
-During the 3 way women's match, Michelle McCool and Layla sat at ringside in t-shirts that read "Piggie James."  After Mickie won the match (and got a huge pop from her home state crowd), she cut a promo on both McCool and Layla and then attacked them both.  The heels eventually got the upper hand via double team.  Mickie was rescued by Maria.  This whole Piggie thing is ridiculous.  Mickie looks healthy.  

Just in case anyone seriously believed the "piggy" thing was a one off, and not her new gimmick.

Am I the only one thinking that the sheets are blowing that thing out of proportion? Mickie is still being portrayed strongly and isn't being jobbed out.

Michelle and Layla are bitch heels, of course they'd make a video calling another diva fat. Is it any different than when a male heel makes fun of a male fact?

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 04:59:30 AM »
She won the number #1 contendership to a fake title. Big whoop. She needed to, because that's the next logical step in the booking of the Mickie/Michelle feud, not because they were just kidding about that whole pig thing.

Same deal with CM Punk. They gave him Money In The Bank and they gave him the World Title, because at the time, both made sense for the story. Doesn't mean every report of people having heat with him was made up (although that seems to come up more often than it probably should).

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 05:03:31 AM »
She won the number #1 contendership to a fake title. Big whoop. She needed to, because that's the next logical step in the booking of the Mickie/Michelle feud, not because they were just kidding about that whole pig thing.

Same deal with CM Punk. They gave him Money In The Bank and they gave him the World Title, because at the time, both made sense for the story. Doesn't mean every report of people having heat with him was made up (although that seems to come up more often than it probably should).

You can't deny that the sheets like to portray net favorites as innocent victims of the big bad WWE system. I'm not saying that WWE is happy with Mickie's Nashvile plans but I don't think they're intentionally burying her.

And they could've easily made Mickie the #1 contender without putting her over Beth.

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 05:29:07 AM »
Okay, cool. If you don't believe TEH DIRTY SHEETZ, you're not going to believe anything I say, so if you think the results of one fake wrestling match prove there's nothing to this pig thing, great.

Offline zio

• Bleed Philly
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »
Vickie Guerrero came out after being embarrassed last week by Eric Escobar and I could barely hear what she was saying because of there being so much booing from the crowd.

Totally X-Pac heat right there.

Offline foleyfanforever88

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 10:09:05 AM »
Vickie Guerrero came out after being embarrassed last week by Eric Escobar and I could barely hear what she was saying because of there being so much booing from the crowd.

Totally X-Pac heat right there.

The term X-Pac heat has nothing to do with how loud people are, but why they are booing.

I can't believe we're going to start this again.

Offline zio

• Bleed Philly
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »
And we as an internet population are in a superior position to claim why an entire crowd boos a certain character. 

She's over.  People love to hate her.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 10:13:26 AM »

I don't know whether this is in response to me or Big Green, but my comment has more to do with my really liking Beth Phoenix than anything that is going on with Mickie James.

Offline AntiLeaf33

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 10:18:13 AM »
And we as an internet population are in a superior position to claim why an entire crowd boos a certain character. 

She's over.  People love to hate her.

It's true. The vast majority of heels would kill to get the sheer amount of boos she receives on a consistent basis.

Offline DorianB

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »
Not trying to fight, but why does it matter what kind of heat she has? Either type she has, it hasn't kept her off of television except for when she left on her own.

Offline zio

• Bleed Philly
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 11:49:35 AM »
Because I like making fun of people who refuse to believe the obvious because I'm incredibly shallow.

Offline Box

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 02:36:48 PM »
Comparing THIS to Raw, clearly someone on the Smackdown creative team still likes "Wrestling".

I'm thinking Michael Hayes.

Offline Rock Star From Mars

• (atticus Chaos)
  • (atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 02:41:31 AM »
I'm not sure Mickie is being "promoted" to the number one contendership.

I just saw the footage of the three way on Smackdown, and Matt Striker appears to be doing a version of King during the Molly angle: Not exactly condoning it, but laughing about it, and telling jokes (including one about how much she ate for Thanksgiving.)

She's not getting promoted; they just want her getting more screen time so they can tell fat jokes.

Offline Box

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »
Nice to see the heat from the crowd to continue for Punk and Gallows.

R-Truth surprisingly hasn't disappeared from this feud after Survivor Series, I wonder how far this program will go.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
There were the rumors that they were having the feud to actually use Punk to bring Truth to the main event level.  We will see where this feud goes because I don't see them getting another PPV match out of it as I don't think it is going to be on TLC and they will most likely both be in the Rumble.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 04:22:49 AM »
Striker was just repeating a joke that Carrie Underwood Michelle texted him.

Speaking of Striker, I was greatly amused that "The Altered Beast" is officially Batista's name now, according to the promo for Rey vs. Batista.

Phyuck-U

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 09:51:31 AM »
I really wish they'd move Knox back to Raw and start over with him.  I thought when he was drafted to SD this past spring he'd finally be utilized.  Live and learn.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »
He could do with going back to ECW before it closes. He'd do well with an ECW Title run against Christian.

Phyuck-U

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 10:19:10 AM »
He could do with going back to ECW before it closes. He'd do well with an ECW Title run against Christian.

When is ECW set to "close"?  I know it's sometime at the beginning of next year.  I would be for that if it would give him enough time to build him up before ECW shut down, then ship him back over to Raw.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 10:25:18 AM »
Well I'm not one to say. I don't think it's official, but it seems like one of those 'destined to happen' things. I imagine they'll just make the changeover to the new show with the same timeslot, so it would probably be announced that the last time it would be ECW would be at a PPV.

Hell, give them a run til Mania, the last defence could be on the biggest stage of them all. In hindsight it's a shame they gave Dreamer that run, because if they'd held off, it would have been mighty sweet to see him beat Christian, or Knox, or Kane, or anybody, at Mania, win the ECW Title, and then retire along with the belt. The next ECW, someone comes out and announces that because there's no Champion, they've decided the heart and soul of ECW left with Dreamer so they're changing things up.