Author Topic: What We Do in the Shadows: The TV Show  (Read 216 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
What We Do in the Shadows: The TV Show
« on: January 19, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
Loved the movie and stoked for the show.  They keep showing teasers when I watch stuff on FXX but I worry nothing I watch will still be on by the time this starts in March and I am going to forget to set it up.

[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
Re: What We Do in the Shadows: The TV Show
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 12:54:11 PM »
yeah i love the movie so i'll try this

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 03:20:43 AM »
2 episodes in and I'm loving the show a ton. Hits the exact tone of the movie while differentiating itself just enough that it's not quite a carbon copy to where you don't even need to have seen the movie to enjoy this.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 04:36:03 AM »
Enjoying the series although the script can be a little on the nose and repetitious regarding jokes/gags for a half hour comedy. Really liked seeing the cameos of Batista and the many members of the Vampiric Council though! Tilda Swinton + Evan Rachel Wood = dream casting of mine.

I also officially have my head canon as Paul Reubens reprising his vampiric character from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
haven't finished the show but i watched the Vampiric Council episode and holy shit that cast of geust stars:

Spoiler: show
BATISTA, evan rachel wood, danny tejo, paul reubens, WESLEY SNIPES, kristen schaal , tilda swinton...fucking hilarious

The show can be a bit hit and miss as you'd expect in a comedy but there's always a couple big laughs. The addition of an energy vampie to the mythos has been really funny.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 12:47:27 PM »
I don't know what it is about the comedies on FXX that they are supe high and low.  A lot of the other shows I liked such as Man Seeking Woman would have fantastic episodes and complete duds.  Felt the same with this but still enjoyed the series overall.  As expected, not as much as I loved the movie but this was fun.  I agree that I liked the energy vampire a lot.  Enjoyed Vanessa Bayer's stint as his girlfriend.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater