Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3  (Read 42294 times)

Description:

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
Re: Ghostbusters 3
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2015, 04:02:47 AM »
I already hate this movie. Not because of what it can or can't be, but because people are already saying that you're sexist if you have anything negative to say about it.

A friend of mine posted that he doesn't think it will be good, a couple other people agreed and he received the generic, "Why not? You don't think women can be funny?"

"You're only against this because you have a penis, you sexist pig!"

There's a surprisingly big ratio of females whom are against this idea too so...girl power...I guess? I was actually for a female cast. I found the idea interesting, but this cast is just....

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2015, 05:05:08 AM »
It sucks when men are forced to reflect upon whether or not their opinions might actually be based in or contain some kind of implicit sexism, I agree. The world would be so much better if we men could just dismiss things made by or featuring women out of hand without having to explain ourselves. Especially us men who know we're not sexist, trust us. This persecution must stop.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2015, 05:46:27 AM »
I'm sure the asshole city inspector, Walter Peck, will still be a white male.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »
It sucks when men are forced to reflect upon whether or not their opinions might actually be based in or contain some kind of implicit sexism, I agree. The world would be so much better if we men could just dismiss things made by or featuring women out of hand without having to explain ourselves. Especially us men who know we're not sexist, trust us. This persecution must stop.

THANK YOU

It's so nice having strong men like Byron around to stand up against the oppressive matriarchy for the rest of us.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2015, 06:27:18 AM »
Damn, Byron really running with the #problematic gimmick after Kreese dropped it.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2015, 06:33:25 AM »
Someone's gotta check the privilege around these parts.

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2015, 06:37:34 AM »
I mean this is probably gonna suck, though.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2015, 06:38:05 AM »
I mean this is probably gonna suck, though.

Misogynist!
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Lord of The Curry

« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2015, 06:42:43 AM »
Meninist.

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2015, 07:04:55 AM »
How is this a ripoff? It's literally the same franchise.
That's in reference to Melissa McCarthy being Chris Farley...who was just a second-rate John Belushi.

EDIT:
And it's not about checking privilege or some misogynist rant. I loved Melissa McCarthy in St. Vincent and want her to do more roles like that. I'm actually a fan of Wiig, and I think Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones are hilarious from the little I've seen of them. It's about remaking a movie that doesn't need to be remade, stunt casting (face it: "all female cast" IS stunt casting, just like "all male cast" is), and a complete lack of trust in this movie being anywhere near as watchable as even the fan films were on the grounds of Paul Feig having precisely one movie in his background worth watching (and, even then, it falls apart upon rewatching).

But no, it's definitely because I have a penis and not because of a dislike of the creative mind behind it nor think the cast is up to snuff.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2015, 07:07:12 AM »
I don't need to be a sexist to know that Kristen Wiig is terrible.

DTF

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2015, 07:14:26 AM »
Cool post, "misogynist at heart"

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2015, 07:18:40 AM »
Offended by lack of Hispanic female ghostbuster

« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2015, 07:37:12 AM »
Who was the Hispanic male in the original?

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2015, 07:56:54 AM »
That shit was made in the 80s. Society has progressed. Ray should be replaced by an hispanic. Janine should be replaced by a gay male.

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:22 AM »
Those women are all cisgender.  Progress my ass.

Online BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
No handicapped characters? Clearly Sony is not interested in smashing ableism like Extreme Ghostbusters did.

« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2015, 08:16:39 AM »
I thought obesity had been declared a handicap?

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2015, 08:54:17 AM »
I don't disagree with most of what Corey Lazarus said, but the preemptive whining about how no one will be able to call this a bad movie without being attacked by all those darn feminists on social media is not a good look. And this

just like "all male cast" is [stunt casting]

is patently absurd.

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »
I was going to comment on that, but I wasn't sure if he was under the impression that this film is going to literally have an all-female cast, with either no male roles or actresses in the male roles.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2015, 09:12:25 AM »
My initial reaction to this is not interested.  I'm willing to give it a chance, but there's a high chance I won't even bother seeing it.  But I'm open minded and will take the wait and see approach

What is the title?  If it's a re-boot it's just gonna be 'Ghostbusters', right, which is sacrilege, but whatever

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »
How insecure must one be to have his feelings hurt over a supposedly groundless slight that actually hasn't happened yet because the movie hasn't even been made?

Pretty insecure, I'd say!

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14:54 AM »
#notallghostbustersfans

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2015, 09:20:31 AM »
some movies just shouldn't be 're-booted'

especially this one where people have been talking about GB3 for 20 years and Murray had no interest and Akroyd was sadly and pathetically trying to keep the idea going and then Ramis dies and Reitman drops out and everyone is like 'fuck it' and then the studio takes over and is like "OK, WE'VE GOT A GREAT IDEA!"

It might be fine, it might be good, and I might not care either way.  We'll see

• Laz
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2015, 09:35:10 AM »

I don't disagree with most of what Corey Lazarus said, but the preemptive whining about how no one will be able to call this a bad movie without being attacked by all those darn feminists on social media is not a good look. And this

is patently absurd.
If your primary selling point of a film that has yet to have a single shot in the can is the gender of the principal cast? Yes. Stunt casting.

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »
#notallghostbustersfans

Eh, what the hell, I'll give it 4*.

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2015, 09:47:43 AM »

is patently absurd.
If your primary selling point of a film that has yet to have a single shot in the can is the gender of the principal cast? Yes. Stunt casting.

Stunt casting would be more like if they were casting women in male roles. For instance, if Wiig's character is named Dr. Peter Venkman and her character is a man, but it is a woman (Wiig) playing him. I assume the women in this film will be playing female characters.

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2015, 09:54:51 AM »
first promotional photo released, smh:

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2015, 11:20:42 AM »
What's with all the Kristen Wiig hate? She's great. Is this because of Gilly? Are people still mad about Gilly?

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2015, 01:46:23 PM »

is patently absurd.

Except no one ever treats "all male cast" like it's some kind of selling point, because so many movies actually *have* practically all male casts. Unless, like, you think The Hangover or whatever was an example of stunt casting.

Offline strummer

« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
Legit happy for Leslie Jones.  She's great

Offline strummer

« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »
Btw, not to change topic but everyone knows that Dan Aykroyd thinks ghosts are real, right?  The whole story was based on his grandfather and his "paranormal studies".   Lets start making fun of him

Offline Star Ocean 3

• Star Ocean 2
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »
Btw, not to change topic but everyone knows that Dan Aykroyd thinks ghosts are real, right?  The whole story was based on his grandfather and his "paranormal studies".   Lets start making fun of him

What? You mean he's completely serious in this?

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2015, 10:36:32 PM »
That vodka is actually pretty good. It's probably the most successful thing that Dan Aykroyd has produced in twenty years.

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2015, 01:57:05 AM »
What's with all the Kristen Wiig hate? She's great. Is this because of Gilly? Are people still mad about Gilly?
I haven't actively watched SNL since the 90s so no comment there, but I've liked Wiig well enough in the movies and TV guest spots I've seen her in.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2015, 02:04:34 AM »
It's about remaking a movie that doesn't need to be remade
Is it a remake (same story) or a reboot (same concept, different story), though? Or is it a soft reboot within the same universe a la X-Men (would one of the old 'Busters be their mentor, etc)? Need to know more about what the plot will be before we can say that this is a movie that doesn't need to be made, IMO.

• Laz
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2015, 02:04:38 AM »

is patently absurd.

Except no one ever treats "all male cast" like it's some kind of selling point, because so many movies actually *have* practically all male casts. Unless, like, you think The Hangover or whatever was an example of stunt casting.
Was The Hangover advertised as having an all male cast? No. Was Bridesmaids advertised as an all female cast? No. Is one of the earliest selling points of Paul Feig's upcoming flick an all female focus? Yes.

It's a gimmick. Thus, stunt casting.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2015, 02:06:19 AM »

is patently absurd.

Was The Hangover advertised as having an all male cast? No. Was Bridesmaids advertised as an all female cast? No. Is one of the earliest selling points of Paul Feig's upcoming flick an all female focus? Yes.

Where is it being advertised? There are no promo (that I know of) posters or trailers exclaiming "ALL FEMALE CAST!" These are all casting news articles reporting on that fact, not necessarily promoting it.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2015, 02:10:52 AM »
I haven't actively watched SNL since the 90s so no comment there, but I've liked Wiig well enough in the movies and TV guest spots I've seen her in.

uhh yeah we know you already said that:

I never saw Wiig on SNL, but I liked her fine in the handful of comedic roles in other TV shows I've seen and Bridesmaids.

stop smoking all that florida dank bro

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2015, 02:13:40 AM »
A man can't reiterate his appreciation for Wiig in the face of hate smh

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2015, 02:14:56 AM »
Honestly, I don't get the backlash here. I like all of these actresses. Admittedly McCarthy in smaller doses, but that's only based on some of her recent work.. she's been in many roles that aren't a regurgitation of her Bridesmaids character.

..and people can brush it off all they want, but there are a lot of mouth breathers out there who are upset that they are all women because they are all women. These are the same people who are probably upset that the new Johnny Storm is black.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2015, 02:27:44 AM »

is patently absurd.

Bridesmaids got a ton of press for being a female-oriented Apatow comedy, even if that wasn't the explicit focus of the advertising.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2015, 03:02:46 AM »
Byron and DubQ are right. A lot of the pre-emptively defensive posts in here remind me of when people say stuff like “oh you can’t criticize any black person anymore or the race pimps will crucify you, they’re immune to any criticism, the black community.” Most people that say stuff like that have real prejudice towards those groups.

If the idea of criticizing something female-dominated induces a fear in you of a bunch of females ripping you for being a misogynist, then maybe you really do look at women differently than men. I mean, you don’t worry about that backlash when criticizing an all-male cast, so the fact that you have that worry here suggests that you look at them as being different. There’s no reason to think that you can’t give an opinion about a fucking movie without coming off as a bigot unless you think the people you’re talking to are incapable of being reasonable with you and listening to you. Hey, thinking all women are unreasonable and don’t listen, well that sounds a bit familiar.

That sort of unmeasured worry when placed against the reality wrt a certain group, that irrational fear, is a classic sign of prejudice.

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2015, 03:07:03 AM »
I mean I'll probably think this movie sucks because it probably will. Will I be worried about being called a misogynist LOL HELL NO

Will that happen? Maybe with like 0.01% of the women out there, and I won't care because I'll think they're the foolish ones for believing that. I feel like if I were that paranoid to the point where I worried about getting that response for simply believing what I believe, then I'd probably have some strong biases against women.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2015, 04:02:18 AM »
Honestly, I don't get the backlash here. I like all of these actresses. Admittedly McCarthy in smaller doses, but that's only based on some of her recent work.. she's been in many roles that aren't a regurgitation of her Bridesmaids character.

..and people can brush it off all they want, but there are a lot of mouth breathers out there who are upset that they are all women because they are all women. These are the same people who are probably upset that the new Johnny Storm is black.

Or maybe Ghostbusters is a GOAT movie and this on paper look like a steaming pile of shit?

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2015, 04:06:44 AM »
The reaction is this was cast as Sandler, Rock, James and Schneider would be the same if not worse than the reaction for the women.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2015, 04:10:05 AM »

Or maybe Ghostbusters is a GOAT movie and this on paper look like a steaming pile of shit?
That's fine. I just figured that remakes/reboots are so commonplace that people would be over this by now. They never effect the quality of the original, and what do I care what movie tweens think came first?

Online Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2015, 04:13:59 AM »
I'm more upset that it appears as though Sue is adopted. And, you know, maybe Sue and Johnny not being blood related is not important to the story, but it still annoys me, a little. I'd rather that they were either both white, or both black. Also, the cynic in me wonders why, if you're only going to have one member of the FF be black, why it just happens to be the one who doesn't harbor any romantic feelings towards any other member of the FF?

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

• Laz
« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2015, 04:37:11 AM »
Agnes and Roy get it.

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2015, 06:07:05 AM »
I'd just like to also take the time to say that Bridesmaids was one of the most overrated piece of shit movies of 2011. That movie, along with this one, can die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

Spoiler: show
Laces out. ;)

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm