Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3  (Read 42790 times)

Description:

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Re: Ghostbusters 3
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2015, 06:33:22 AM »
Agnes and Roy get it.
Maybe. Or maybe the three of you just hold the original Ghostbusters in too high esteem.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2015, 06:51:19 AM »
I think the overall negativity is people thinking Hollywood changes things outside of the source material just because they can. Black Kingpin, black Johnny Storm, all female Ghostbusters, etc. it's just not what people are used to and Hollywood not caring because they're in the minority.

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2015, 06:58:23 AM »
I don't mind an all female Ghostbusters, but any vehicle starring Melissa is horrible.  Also, Gillian Anderson was perfect for the scientific role.  Honestly, I don't like any of the 4 they picked.
Randy!

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2015, 07:23:20 AM »
I don't mind an all female Ghostbusters, but any vehicle starring Melissa is horrible.  Also, Gillian Anderson was perfect for the scientific role.  Honestly, I don't like any of the 4 they picked.

I think that poses an interesting question: rather than bitch about the change, let's just accept, for the purpose of moving this discussion along, that there's gonna be a Ghostbusters remake. Let's further accept that there's gonna be an 'all female' cast, at least in terms of the four principles. Who would you cast in the roles, that you would be okay with?

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »
Give her some decent material and I think Aubrey Plaza could do a Ghostbuster role some justice.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #255 on: January 29, 2015, 07:54:15 AM »
I think the overall negativity is people thinking Hollywood changes things outside of the source material just because they can. Black Kingpin, black Johnny Storm, all female Ghostbusters, etc. it's just not what people are used to and Hollywood not caring because they're in the minority.

Don't you think that maybe the fact that "what people are used to" is almost always white men might signal some kind of deeper problem?

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2015, 08:15:19 AM »
They almost proved their point but fail in the end by having a male director. Should've went all out.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2015, 12:02:51 PM »
If you want to make the argument that Hollywood needs more diversity, I will agree with you, however this is really just more remake/reboot bullshit under the guise of diversity.  Instead of a Ghostbusters all-female reboot, why not give McCarthy, Wigg, etc etc a vehicle and budget to create something completely new?

This could be good, it could be crap, but my :eye roll: is not really directed at "All Female....." and pretty much completely at ".....reboot"
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2015, 01:19:59 PM »
Bridesmaids was promoted as "the female Hangover." And the poster would lead you to believe that it's the case. Instead we had a comedy that was over two goddamn hours and was 80% Kristen Wiig. McCarthy was just fine in the limited role. But now they're letting Her carry movies and it's just too much of her doing a female Farley.

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »

Don't you think that maybe the fact that "what people are used to" is almost always white men might signal some kind of deeper problem?

I'm not disagreeing with you. I was just trying to explain why people have complained and will continue to complain about stuff like this. If some hardcore comic book fan all his life read that Johnny Storm was a white man and all of a sudden he sees him portrayed by a black actor in a big budget flick, his instinct is to bitch and moan about it. Same thing goes for the dedicated Ghostbusters fans here. Their Ghostbusters are Murray, Akroyd, Hudson, and Ramis. Throughout both movies and both animated series, the principle cast were played by men. Now they're seeing it reimagined with women and they're cautious to accept it. It's a cycle that unfortunately will never end.

For what it's worth, I don't really have much of an opinion as I was never a huge fan of the franchise. The films were enjoyable, sure, but I don't hold it as high of a regard as a lot of fans. I'd rather wait until some actual footage comes out.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »
What's with all the Kristen Wiig hate? She's great. Is this because of Gilly? Are people still mad about Gilly?
I haven't actively watched SNL since the 90s so no comment there, but I've liked Wiig well enough in the movies and TV guest spots I've seen her in.

uhh yeah we know you already said that:

I never saw Wiig on SNL, but I liked her fine in the handful of comedic roles in other TV shows I've seen and Bridesmaids.

stop smoking all that florida dank bro

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2015, 12:51:38 AM »
Give her some decent material and I think Aubrey Plaza could do a Ghostbuster role some justice.
I find her more annoying than Wiig and McCarthy in their worst roles combined..

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2015, 02:36:15 AM »
I'd rather they hire real actresses and have a funny script.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2015, 02:41:02 AM »
I find her more annoying than Wiig and McCarthy in their worst roles combined..

I find Plaza twice as funny as either of them while only trying half as hard

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

« Reply #264 on: January 30, 2015, 05:15:13 AM »
I'd rather they hire real actresses and have a funny script.
Can we trouble you to name a few, or do you just want to sit there and keep bitching?

Offline skullman80

• Metalhead
« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2015, 03:15:41 PM »
Fuck this.

Leave my childhood alone. I didn't want a Ghostbusters 3 when all of the original four actors were all still alive. Some things are just better off alone. The first Ghostbusters is a classic. It's also if not my favorite move ever, in my top 3. The second one was meh, but whatever. That being said sometimes Hollywood just needs to leave shit alone. Was there a need for another Ghostbusters when Ramis was alive? No... not really. Is there a need for one now that he is dead and Hollywood can reboot it and tarnish the name ... just because they can? Fuck no. This angers me. I also don't care that it's four chicks. If it was four dudes who were popular these days my opinion would be the same.

It's going to happen, nothing I can do to stop it, but it still pisses me off.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »
If some hardcore comic book fan all his life read that Johnny Storm was a white man and all of a sudden he sees him portrayed by a black actor in a big budget flick, his instinct is to bitch and moan about it.
Already been done (in this thread!), but #notallcomicbookfans.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2015, 10:48:43 PM »
Fuck this.

Leave my childhood alone. I didn't want a Ghostbusters 3 when all of the original four actors were all still alive. Some things are just better off alone. The first Ghostbusters is a classic. It's also if not my favorite move ever, in my top 3. The second one was meh, but whatever. That being said sometimes Hollywood just needs to leave shit alone. Was there a need for another Ghostbusters when Ramis was alive? No... not really. Is there a need for one now that he is dead and Hollywood can reboot it and tarnish the name ... just because they can? Fuck no. This angers me. I also don't care that it's four chicks. If it was four dudes who were popular these days my opinion would be the same.

You realize your childhood will be fine even after this comes out, right? No one is going to jump in a DeLorean and go back to when you were a child to rape it either. It's just a movie that you don't have to see.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #268 on: January 30, 2015, 11:33:53 PM »
Tall comic book fans are the worst!

Offline skullman80

• Metalhead
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2015, 05:00:17 AM »
Fuck this.

You realize your childhood will be fine even after this comes out, right? No one is going to jump in a DeLorean and go back to when you were a child to rape it either. It's just a movie that you don't have to see.

I'm aware of this yes. I'm aware my hate on this is probably irrational. I just don't care. It just annoys the piss out of me that they are doing it, nothing more, nothing less.  There are some notable exceptions, but for the most parts when stuff gets "remade" whether it's a reboot, a remake, a retelling, or just something sharing the general idea with the original... it sucks.  I'd be perfectly fine with this just being another shitty movie if it didn't have the name Ghostbusters.  Call it something else. Like I said I know my hate is irrational, but when hollywood does this it drives me insane.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2015, 11:03:33 AM »
Fuck this.

straight truth

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
I cant wait for the Gremlins (which btw came out the same day as Ghostbusters) reboot where Gizmo turns into Stripe!

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2015, 04:38:31 PM »
Ugh no then they'll replace Hogan's cameo in the reboot sequel with John Cena and that would really be childhood memory rape.

PLZ NO

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #273 on: February 01, 2015, 05:26:48 AM »
If there's gonna be a Walter Peck analog or even some sort of human antagonist, it should be Kaitlin Olson or bust. Make her a spiteful blogger if you have to.

Offline rollie

• ulfistgut
« Reply #274 on: February 01, 2015, 11:06:22 PM »

But they kinda aren't changing it because they can, there's a method to it. Yes I understand that people are used to white men always being these characters but I think it's not the worst ideas to attempt to change things up a bit? Otherwise this stuff just propagates indefinitely. The fact that an all female ghostbusters is a "gimmick" says a lot

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »

Weird that they only brought back Ernie Hudson.

Offline HSJ

• misogynist at heart
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2015, 05:46:36 PM »

Weird that they only brought back Ernie Hudson.

This isn't going to end well, is it?

DTF

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2015, 05:57:51 PM »
In that pic Melissa McCarthy is the looker of the bunch.

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #278 on: February 17, 2015, 11:16:31 PM »
After thinking about this for a few weeks, I'm just like...let them make it. Let them make it. They're going to no matter how much fans try to huff and puff and try to blow Columbia's house down. I've got Ghostbusters on VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray, so I can enjoy it on many formats, and they can go, make their shitty reboot. I'm not supporting it, and I'll probably never even see it.

Best of luck to them, but seriously, fuck this movie.

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline strummer

« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2015, 10:17:19 AM »
After thinking about this for a few weeks, I'm just like...let them make it. Let them make it. They're going to no matter how much fans try to huff and puff and try to blow Columbia's house down. I've got Ghostbusters on VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray, so I can enjoy it on many formats, and they can go, make their shitty reboot. I'm not supporting it, and I'll probably never even see it.

Wah wah

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »
I try not to be all "This thread sucks" nowadays, but...Holy shit this thread fucking sucks.

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »

Wah wah

???

Idk how what I wrote constitutes as whining, but okay, I suppose.

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline strummer

« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2015, 08:06:04 PM »
yes we are getting two remakes at the same time...or something.  Oh Hollywood

They are planning a Channing Tatum led vehicle

http://news.yahoo.com/finally-male-ghostbusters-film-230058423.html;_ylt=A0LEVisPs_5URyUADn0nnIlQ

oh man, yeah already a separate thread but still... this is ...weird

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #284 on: March 10, 2015, 05:06:00 AM »
That's nice...

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2015, 04:30:27 AM »
this movie happening killed matdotcom :(

Offline Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2015, 07:00:47 AM »

Offline Anakin Flair

• Suplex City, Bitch!
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2015, 07:13:14 AM »
Can I just say I HATE the pink on Ecto-1? I wouldn't mind any other color- I would LOVE a fire engine red. But putting pink on the female Ghostbusters car? Ugh....

Offline DMann1979

• That's a Shame
« Reply #289 on: July 11, 2015, 08:05:04 AM »
Can I just say I HATE the pink on Ecto-1? I wouldn't mind any other color- I would LOVE a fire engine red. But putting pink on the female Ghostbusters car? Ugh....

That's not pink...more like a cherry red or maroon.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2015, 09:25:52 AM »
It's probably the lighting since there is a shot of just the car and it's not pink.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2015, 03:37:28 PM »
Those jumpsuits are too baggy.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Jingus

« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2015, 04:39:06 PM »
Those jumpsuits are too baggy.

Looks pretty accurate to me:

The only real difference are those jogging-at-night construction-vest lines.  Of course they're gonna leave the pants a little baggy for McCarthy and whats-er-name, or else everyone would be complaining at getting such a good look at a fat chick's figure. 

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2015, 07:37:26 AM »
All of the Ghostbusters fan pages on Facebook have devolved into the pro-remake and anti-remake crowds trolling the shit out of each other. I did, however, find this gem:

Offline Gary

• Bionic Cock
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #294 on: July 24, 2015, 07:59:05 AM »
All of the Ghostbusters fan pages on Facebook have devolved into the pro-remake and anti-remake crowds trolling the shit out of each other. I did, however, find this gem:

Ugh

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Offline Jingus

« Reply #295 on: July 24, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
The super-irony in that pic being: the original "Venkman burn in hell" graffiti was presumably left by one of Peter's date rape victims younger female acquaintances, since he was obviously a raging womanizer who constantly lied to the women he flirted with.  (Why did he Just So Happen to be packing A SEDATIVE IN A SYRINGE when he ran into Gatekeeper Dana, on what was supposed to be a date?)  So an angry backlash against misogyny has been corrupted by misogynists. 

• Laz
« Reply #296 on: July 24, 2015, 10:40:15 AM »
Yes. Misogyny is the only reason to hate on a remake of a beloved classic by somebody whose work is mediocre.

Offline Jingus

« Reply #297 on: July 24, 2015, 10:52:09 AM »
Paul feckin' Feig counts as "mediocre" now?  He only directed like half of Arrested Development.  Hell, he's a more consistent talent than the guy who directed the original Ghostbusters; Feig's never made anything nearly so terrible as most of the crap that Reitman has been putting out for the past twenty years. 

And of course, yes, "ew, girls!" is the main reason that this project has received the ridiculous amount of online complaining that it has.  We probably couldn't begin to count the number of beloved old classic movies that have received modern remakes, but I have never ever seen THIS much bile-soaked hatred directed at a movie that isn't even finished shooting yet. 

• Laz
« Reply #298 on: July 24, 2015, 11:06:21 AM »
Fans wanted a sequel and we got a reboot. The "ew, girls" argument falls to shit when you realize most fans adore Janine and Kylie, particularly the episodes/comic issues where Janine suits up. There's also the whole "Wiig and McCarthy have plenty of detractors anyway" aspect.

So tell me another one.

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2015, 11:09:28 AM »
I sense that most huge Ghostbusters fans are pretty "eh" about the new film overall with most of the complaints from people who likely hate the idea of the movie more so than they think it'll somehow stain the legacy of the franchise.