Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3  (Read 38209 times)

Description:

Offline Avid TOXIE Enthusiast

• Laz
Re: Ghostbusters 3
« Reply #450 on: January 16, 2019, 01:34:08 AM »
More on the true GB3 (per EW):
-Jason Reitman will direct and co-write
-The other writer is Poltergeist remake and Monster House director Gil Kenan
-It is a DIRECT SEQUEL to the 80s films. Whether it incorporates the 2009 game isn't clear, but the game is considered canon.
-Aiming for a summer 2020 release with pre-production underway and filming to begin summer 2019.

Jason Reitman, as a director, knows how to pace jokes and plot. Thank You For Smoking is hilarious and the weak part of Juno is Diablo Cody's script. I've heard nothing but good about Tully and his other works.

Gil Kenan's Monster House was practically a love letter to GB and felt like an extended RGB episode. The direction of his Poltergeist remake was the only positive about it. I haven't seen City of Ember, but the clips I've watched are very interesting visually (reminiscent of City of Lost Children).

Also of note is that the status of the remaining original cast is up in the air, but the likelihood of their involvement is probably high. Aykroyd is a gimme, it's his baby and he's wanted to do a proper third film for decades at this point, and it's doubtful Ernie Hudson would say no. I can also see Sigourney and Annie Potts having, at least, cameos. Murray, though, will be in question until set photos show up, but I can see him popping in as both a way to cap off his most popular role and a favor to old friends. He's already worked with Kenan as part of the City of Ember cast and has been good friends with Ivan Reitman since before the first GB.

Also something worth noting: Gil Kenan is friendly with Max Landis, who shared a pretty solid outline of a GB3 treatment before the 2016 remake. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those elements, which have also shown up in the IDW comics, make it into the movie.

Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #451 on: January 16, 2019, 02:47:21 AM »
I'm uber excited that they decided to do this. I was really worried by the critical and financial bomb that the GB reboot/in another GB universe/what in the fuck exactly that the all-female version was. I thought with a pretty strong certainty that this was it for the franchise for at least live action film/TV. So this was a great surprise.

Murray you would think will be involved. I mean shit, they got him in a cameo in the reboot so it seems likely. I think whatever animosity there is can be alleviated by the right folks involved here, with Ivan and Jason Reitman being the bridge to getting things arranged and together in the best way possible. Have a lot of confidence in this whole thing.

Teaser trailer already got dropped today too, its not much but its something.

FWIW, I wouldnt even be opposed to having the ladies from the reimaging involved in some way, but it would have to be a stretch to even get a cameo going. Maybe they open up other dimensions and pull a Spiderman Into the Spiderverse thing and have them involved via those means? And if so, it would just be ideally a scene or two at most.

Please Rick Moranis, come back to Hollywood for this one!!!

Online Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #452 on: January 16, 2019, 02:51:16 AM »
Yeah, I'm wondering what it's going to take to get Rick Moranis to come out of exile for this.

• Laz
« Reply #453 on: January 16, 2019, 03:38:32 AM »
His kids would probably have to pester him incessantly about it.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #454 on: January 20, 2019, 07:54:43 AM »
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Dandy

• Top 128 Poster
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #455 on: January 20, 2019, 08:00:05 AM »
Could not disagree any harder with her. People want to see the same actors/characters that were in the originals. Had there been a reboot with all male leads that were not the original actors, everyone would still be hyped for this movie.
Oh Dandy...you came and you gave without taking!

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
    • Spinning In The Tray
« Reply #456 on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:10 AM »
Putting that Trump dog whistle in is kinda disgusting as well. 

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #457 on: January 20, 2019, 08:29:16 AM »
Their movie didn't make money. That is literally all that matters.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• Laz
« Reply #458 on: January 20, 2019, 12:56:39 PM »
Actor famous for her role in a film that was a reboot is disappointed she isn't involved in the next reboot. Irony.

Online Epic by Faith No More

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #459 on: January 20, 2019, 12:57:58 PM »
Putting that Trump dog whistle in is kinda disgusting as well.

Judd Apatow pulled the same nonsense when the reboot came out. He said in an interview that anybody who wasn't on-board with the remake is no better than a Trump supporter. That's a bad take, Judd.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #460 on: January 20, 2019, 01:13:05 PM »
Leslie Jones can eat shit on this one. People didn’t want her movie. They wanted this one.