Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3  (Read 41207 times)

Description:

Offline Sabre

Ghostbusters 3
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:28:55 PM »
Just came across this, is she trollin, or is it finally proof its happening.

Sigourney Weaver, who played Dana Barrett in the first two movies has let slip the shock twist in store for Bill’s character Peter Venkman when discussing her future with the franchise.

She said: “I’m afraid to say it: ‘Ghostbusters 3’ is happening, I hope people are excited about that.

“I don’t know if I’m going to be in it, I have had a couple of calls asking: ‘Would you read the script’.

“I know that my little son Oscar – who was kidnapped from me – I think he has grown up to be a Ghostbuster. I might be in it; I see nothing wrong with being in it, although I don’t think I will have a big part. I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it – he’s a ghost.”

The 60-year-old actress – who has previously been reluctant to address whether she will appear In the movie – also spoke about how much she still enjoys acting.

She added to Channel 4 News: “To me films are still like that experimental feeling, I get so excited about that. I think as I get older I’m more aware of what a privilege it is to work with different generations of actors.”

Offline Jingus

Re: Ghostbusters 3
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 03:30:35 AM »
I saw the video of this interview somewhere, so she did really say it.  Now just remains to be seen if it's true.  At least all the old actors from the previous movies are still around and still alive.  And we better get Rick Moranis back again, dammit, that poor bastard hasn't worked in years. 

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 03:46:52 AM »
I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it – he’s a ghost.
Thanks a lot, Spoilgourney>:(

Spoiler: show
 :P

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 03:54:48 AM »
And we better get Rick Moranis back again, dammit, that poor bastard hasn't worked in years. 

I'd love for Moranis to come back but from what I hear, he hasn't come back by choice.  He's turned down things because he doesn't want to do the show business thing.  That's why he wasn't featured in the Ghostbusters video game and IIRC, the last thing he did really was the voice in Brother Bear.  Don't even think he did the straight to video sequel.

I'm curious where this would go.  I've always loved the old rumor of Ghostbusters 3 where they were going to be training new Ghostbusters including Chris Farley and lesser known at the time Ben Stiller and Dave Chappelle.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline chuck

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 04:20:08 AM »
According to wiki Moranis said he won't do it.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:29:30 AM »
Rick is retired and wants to stay that way. This is why he wasn't in the video game (which was a pretty good GB3 if this never gets made).

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 07:21:59 AM »
The Ghost Venkman plot point dates back to a script written in the 90s. Bill Murray was so against doing it that he demanded to be killed off in the opening, only to return as a ghost at the end to save the day.

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »
Ghost Venkman sounds beyond retarded...I hope Weaver was just fucking around there.

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 08:09:50 PM »
I can just see Ghost Murrey looking like Nearly Headless Nick in Harry Potter. So dumb.

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »
This is the one where New York is attacked by an 80 foot Ed Koch right?
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline devo

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 12:28:15 AM »
HOW'M I DOIN'? HOW'M I DOIN'? HOW'M I DOIN'?

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »
Allow me to illuminate a bit more on the Ghost Murray script. It comes from something Dan Aykroyd wrote in the late nineties, around the time they were looking at actors like Chris Farley and Ben Stiller as Young 'Busters. The story, entitled Ghostbusters Hellbound or something like that, involved Venkman dying (which necessitated the new recruits) and a cross-dimensional rift that revealed a Hell that was very closely identical to our own New York City (nyuck nyuck geddit?). The climax, where Venkman returns to save the day, had them taking on some mogul demigod based on Donald Trump with a name like Lou Cypher (lol) or something. The script was so bad that Ivan Reitman didn't want to take part in it, but his recent return aboard would indicate that the script has been changed and improved by the guys from The Office or that he needs the money. Point is, that bad script is probably the last one that Sigourney read since Aykroyd and Ramis have yet to polish the latest draft. If I had to guess, I'd say there's a good chance that Venkman survives.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 06:09:24 AM »
http://networkedblogs.com/p24132853 Ivan Reitman confirmed to direct

Offline Sabre

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 06:14:29 AM »
Reitman said that the script from "Year One" writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky is in and that a second draft is currently in the works.

^ yay.

Offline Avid Enthusiast of Warehouses

• Laz
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 06:49:42 AM »
You know, the problems with Year One were apparent...but I actually have faith that the cast of GB3 would see the bad aspects of the script and say "no, change this." Either way, it'll be good to see GB on the big screen.

Offline luke-o

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »
We're happy that the guys who wrote Year One are writting this?

Did you guys see that film?

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline Jingus

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »
That might not be the best qualifier, since Year One was also cowritten and directed by... Harold Ramis, screenwriter on the original Ghostbusters.  And Egon.  He might be yet another piece of evidence towards Quentin Tarantino's theory that directors usually get worse as they get older, since it's difficult to comprehend that the same guy who made Caddyshack, National Lampoon's Vacation, and Groundhog Day could eventually sink so low as Year One

As for the other two writers, they've both done a bunch of episodes for The Office, so hopefully they've got some competence in there somewhere. 

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
What seasons of the Office?

Offline Jingus

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »
They've worked as writers, producers, and story editors in every season from 2 on forward. 

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »
Venkman will get a kick out of this.

Heh, I actually owned a few of these on VHS back in the day, and as a 5 years old kid, I wondered why they had a ape instead of Slimer, where the other two Ghostbusters were, and why they downgraded from the Ecto-1.

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

• Laz
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 09:54:18 AM »
Let's go, Ghostbusters, let's go
(Let's go, let's go)
Let's go, Ghostbusters, let's go
(Let's go, let's go)

Offline AndrewTS

• secure in his masculinity
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 10:17:24 AM »
Hence, of course, "The Real."

I actually re-watched Ghostbusters 1 and 2 last weekend, and since they were on there anyway, I watched the bonus episodes of the animated series that were on there (damn it looked as if the "Slimer and" run was lower budget).   Kind of odd how Janine's character design changed from the Real one we're all familiar with to (in the "Slimer and" ep) to something more like GB2. 

That reminds me, why the hell was Egon blond?

Also noticed some voice actors' early roles were on there.  Cree Summer was apparently some obscure black chick character.  Janine was voiced by the awesome Kath Soucie (who would later on voice one of my favorite villains)--who was actually uncredited in the earlier episodes.  Huh.
The geek shall inherit the earth.

"We're all geeks. I'm trying to reclaim that word, because a geek is just someone who carries the enthusiasm of childhood into adult life." -- Simon Pegg, co-writer/star of "Shaun of the Dead."

I gave up watching pro wrestling in favor of something better written, more coherent, and less insulting to my intelligence--girly comic books.

• Laz
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:17 AM »
The characters had to be re-designed due to likeness issues with DiC, IIRC. Obviously they had no bearing on the recent video game, considering the cast lent their voices and, for 360 and PS3, the characters look identical to the real actors circa 1985 or so.

EDIT:
Oh, and they explained the Janine appearance and voice changes over the years of the cartoon. She had been in cahoots with some kind of demon who was modifying her appearance and voice so she could be more attractive to Egon. I remember that episode pretty well, and they even referenced it on an episode of XGB. That was one of the cool aspects of XGB: it referenced RGB a lot, and some of the plots of episodes were really fucking good.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 02:49:16 AM »
And the fucking awsome 2 part series ending when old meets the youngins.

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 03:06:35 AM »
It's been years since I had seen The Real Ghostbusters, so I looked up a few episodes ("Citizen Ghost" and "Slimer Come Home") and if all of the other episodes are as good as those then I would say that the cartoon has held up pretty well. I've never seen Extreme Ghostbusters, but I will have to look up a few episodes.

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline AndrewTS

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »
Well, not necessary *all*, but it was damn good for its time to be sure.  Great writing and excellent animation from Tokyo Movie Shinsha (aka TMS).   Hell, they were .

Also a friend tells me that you should avoid the "Slimer and The Real Ghostbusters" runs.  The writing and animation took a huge dive and Venk was voiced by freakin' Uncle Joey (who, despite sounding more like Murray than Lorenzo did, just didn't gel right).  Although he says that the episode with Al Capone's ghost was really good, and probably the last episode worth a look.

"We're all geeks. I'm trying to reclaim that word, because a geek is just someone who carries the enthusiasm of childhood into adult life." -- Simon Pegg, co-writer/star of "Shaun of the Dead."

I gave up watching pro wrestling in favor of something better written, more coherent, and less insulting to my intelligence--girly comic books.

Offline AndrewTS

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »
The characters had to be re-designed due to likeness issues with DiC, IIRC. Obviously they had no bearing on the recent video game, considering the cast lent their voices and, for 360 and PS3, the characters look identical to the real actors circa 1985 or so.

EDIT:
Oh, and they explained the Janine appearance and voice changes over the years of the cartoon. She had been in cahoots with some kind of demon who was modifying her appearance and voice so she could be more attractive to Egon. I remember that episode pretty well, and they even referenced it on an episode of XGB. That was one of the cool aspects of XGB: it referenced RGB a lot, and some of the plots of episodes were really fucking good.

I'm checking out that episode on Youtube now.  And the demon (or "Fairy Godmother" as she claims to be) is voiced by Kath as well--and in its true form it's actually the same voice she'd later use for Nerissa on W.I.T.C.H.!

Offline Scroby

• Low rent Indy Referee
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »
This is the one where New York is attacked by an 80 foot Ed Koch right?
No, Moranis was in that one.
WRONG! I'm perfectly sane everyone else however is insane and is trying to steal my magic bag.

• Laz
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 03:08:58 AM »
It's been years since I had seen The Real Ghostbusters, so I looked up a few episodes ("Citizen Ghost" and "Slimer Come Home") and if all of the other episodes are as good as those then I would say that the cartoon has held up pretty well. I've never seen Extreme Ghostbusters, but I will have to look up a few episodes.
What AndrewTS said regarding RGB. As for good XGB eps, here are my favorites:
  • Darkness at Noon, Parts 1 and 2 (Series Premiere, and establishes everything and why they need new equipment right off the bat)
  • Deadliners (probably my favorite episode, if even just for the concept of actually using a dybbuk, and the ghosts look like Cenobites)
  • Killjoys (think Killer Klowns...yeah)
  • The Crawler (worth noting for its continuation on the Egon/Janine relationship arc)
  • Ghost Apocalyptic Future (just even for the concept of "the Great Ghost War")
  • Seeds of Destruction (a ghost that turns plants into carnivorous assholes)
  • Grundelesque (a direct sequel to the Grundel eps of RGB)
  • A Temporary Insanity (solid ep, but not as good as the others, but worth noting for the Egon/Janine relationship arc)
  • Back in the Saddle, Parts 1 and 2 (the previously mentioned RGB return, with the original team all much older)
One thing to note is the drastic animation change, which takes on a feel more akin to "Aaah! Real Monsters" or the dreadful "Jumanji" cartoon than anything else. Also, whenever they fire the proton packs, be sure to look away if you're seizure-prone, because they have the screen flash into different color schemes.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »
In a rare interview, Bill Murray confirms what fate awaits [the real] Dr. Venkman in Ghostbusters 3.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
INTERESTING STUFF: A draft entitled Ghostbusters: Hellbent, written by Aykroyd and dated March of 1999 had Venkman dead before the movie even started. God takes his form to talk to the Ghostbusters near the end of that script.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 08:10:49 AM »

EDIT:

On the above note, I recall reading that there's an EGB episode featuring little statues of the RGB in the background that had to be blurred out due to them using DiC model sheets for the designs.

• Laz
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »
Yep. There's a statue in the upstairs lab of the firehouse that's obviously meant to be Venkman, but the face is blurred due to it being based on the DiC model. You can tell it's Venkman due to the style of hair on it, which is not blurred.

XGB was a very claustrophobic show, now that I think about it. Whereas RGB had a lot of open spaces on the set design, everything on XGB, even when out in the park or whatever, seemed real close and uneasy. It probably didn't help that half of the episodes saw the team chasing down some demon in an office building or hidden underground temple or whatever.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »
Bill Murray was on Letterman just now talking about Ghostbusters. He says that "technically" there was a Ghostbusters 2, and 3 would be his worst nightmare. He did confirm that he wanted to be killed off. He also said he enjoyed doing the video game and got some dirty looks because he was walking around the streets at night singing the theme song. All in all, it was his usual awesome appearance on The Late Show, and if you watched Jay instead, you're a slack-jawed faggot, sorry.

Offline Scroby

• Low rent Indy Referee
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 04:06:01 PM »
Is Leno back on tv now?
WRONG! I'm perfectly sane everyone else however is insane and is trying to steal my magic bag.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 06:14:09 PM »
Is Leno back on tv now?

Leno returned March 1 seeing the Olympics ended on February 28th.  First week guests include Sarah Palin and Brett Favre, which makes me glad he is back on the air because I really feel like the media never covers those two.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 09:22:59 AM »
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Zetterberg is Go

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »
Yeah I met him a few weeks ago and he confirmed it's happening, referencing the aforementioned re-writes.

Offline luke-o

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 07:01:18 PM »
Urgh...

7 months and counting...

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 09:50:57 PM »
I think Ghostbusters 3 is going to be one of those films where I'll believe it when I see a production still of all four guys in costume together or a trailer or something. There's just to much talking going on at the moment.

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
Urgh...
Seconded. Can't somebody r find a good comeback role for Aykroyd to occupy his time? I mean it happened to Chevy so why the hell not?

At this point, every interview I hear with him about Ghostbusters 3 sounds like my dad when he talks about putting his old band from the '80s back together. No, Dan Aykroyd, that doesn't mean I want a third Blues Brothers movie with Jim Belushi in it.

Offline Black Lushus

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 12:52:55 AM »
They must let any hack write movie news articles on the internet...that was a grammatical nightmare to read through.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 12:56:49 AM »
They must let any hack write movie news articles on the internet...that was a grammatical nightmare to read through.

Spoiler: show
 I know Barron writes general fluff stories for some small town paper but I just wanted to post "Here Comes Shitty bob_barron again"

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 01:21:56 AM »
my dad when he talks about putting his old band from the '80s back together.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 01:58:09 AM »
I have a friend who works for JP Morgan Chase as an events planner. He plans parties for celebrities, and he did one recently for Sigourney Weaver. He got a chance to meet her and said she is a really great person. He brought up Ghostbuters 3, and apparently it's already done shooting and all the problems that were reported were just to cover up the fact that they were making it. Don't know if I believe that and even he was weary of it, but you never know.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 02:32:46 AM »
Yeah, that's what someone who has no idea how movies are made says.

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 02:43:14 AM »
Nah its true facts bro they totes made this movie on the DL

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 03:10:48 AM »
oh ok kewl

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 03:15:47 AM »
OK, who wants to be the lucky duck to e-mail this thread to Nikki Finke.