Author Topic: Bloody Marys  (Read 745 times)

Description:

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
Bloody Marys
« on: February 01, 2010, 07:44:31 AM »
How great are they. Taste and get you drunk. So many different recipes to try as well. Also great for the morning after a huge drinking night so that you can maintain the drunk well into the next day.

Offline Vitamin X

Bloody Marys
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:05:44 AM »
They're definitely an acquired taste, although surprisingly I've liked them a lot better with Clamato than with regular tomato juice. Apparently those are called "Bloody Caesars" and it's a popular drink in Canada. Between that and my love for colder weather and poutine, I wonder if I'm not really secretly Quebecoise at heart.

Anyways, best one I ever had was at this "build your own bloody mary" bar in Seattle (somewhere in the Fremont District). It was about $7.00 for a pint glass with I think it was Absolut or Mono long poured in. You take that and you go to a bar and it has all sorts of pickled stuff and hot sauces and juices you can pour in. So I built one with a bunch of "cocktail" onions (basically pickled pearl onions), pickled asparagus, clamato, and a few dashes of the hottest hot sauce they had there. Threw in a bit of pickle juice as well. Best bloody ever.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Bloody Marys
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:20:13 AM »
I read the thread title as "Bloody Martyrs" when glancing at the folder and wondered what the hell kind of food this would be.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

Re: Bloody Marys
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »
I've been on a mission to try all the local ones. Seems like every 20-30 miles there's a bar claiming to have "world famous" Bloody Marys.

My friends own a hole in the wall type joint and their daughter was tending the other night, I wasn't ready for beers yet, so I asked her if she had the supplies to do one, she said yes. It was damn good and definitely better than the nearest "World famous" gimmick.

The next night I went to a more upper scale place, tried their Bloody Mary. It had more accessories to it (Asparagus and Carrot that the hole in a wall bar did not have) but it also lacked the charm and heart of the prior evening. Plus, my friend's daughter knows I'm a spice fan so she snuck in some extra Tabasco, I think.

Local hipster joint my musician frequently plays has an OKAY Bloody Mary, but their specialty is craft beers. Generally I'm lucky to get olives as a garnish and that is it.

There's a seafood place where I live that allegedly has some gaudy Bloody Marys like the ones that make photo slide shows of conspicuous consumption. I'm excited to try one, but my wife isn't a seafood fan so I'll have to go with a group that likes seafood.