Author Topic: Wrestling Games  (Read 109352 times)

Description:

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Wrestling Games
« on: April 10, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »
So, a funny thing.

Apparently the PSN Store announced DLC for SVR 09 containing Doink, Vader, and the Bushwackers. No link to this announcement works anymore as it was quickly pulled. People are hoping it was actually supposed to be an announcement of DLC for Legends of WrestleMania.

I read on wikipedia (always reliable) that there is a 2nd round of DLC for SVR 09 coming out in May; Kozlov, Primo, Knox, and Manu. Poor Manu.

Offline Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
Re: Wrestling Games
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »
I might just get a PS3 for Kozlov

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Riding the waves of Insanity
    • Watersfall Industries
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 04:38:04 PM »
You know what they need for DLC?

The Monday Nitro arena.

CURRENT EPISODE: Watercolors #7: Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling
"You're only given a little spark of madness.  And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
The SVR 09 didn't come out yet, right?
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Watersfall Industries
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 05:28:56 PM »
The SVR 09 didn't come out yet, right?
For 360?  Yeah, it did.

Borne is my Cruiserweight Champion now, WGTT my WWE Tag and Pricele$$ my World Tag.

"You're only given a little spark of madness.  And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 06:07:14 AM »
Yeah, because fucking Doink is more important for LOW than RANDY SAVAGE. Ditto Vader. And Vader was at what, one Wrestlemania in a tag match? IMPORTANT! I know there's some deep dark divide between Vince and Savage, so we'll never see him. But why not Tito Santana? Or Sid (main evented two Wrestlemanias, need to be in there.) There's probably at least a dozen guys that should be in LOW before Vader or Doink. Especially Vader though. At least the Bushwhackers would add another tag team to the game.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 06:25:44 AM »
I read elsewhere that Earthquake was spotted on that list as well.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Watersfall Industries
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 11:52:56 AM »
Yeah, because fucking Doink is more important for LOW than RANDY SAVAGE. Ditto Vader. And Vader was at what, one Wrestlemania in a tag match? IMPORTANT! I know there's some deep dark divide between Vince and Savage, so we'll never see him. But why not Tito Santana? Or Sid (main evented two Wrestlemanias, need to be in there.) There's probably at least a dozen guys that should be in LOW before Vader or Doink. Especially Vader though. At least the Bushwhackers would add another tag team to the game.
Vader was actually in two WrestleManias

XII: Teaming with Owen Hart and The British Bulldog, defeats Yokozuna, Ahmed Johnson and Jake "The Snake" Roberts (gets the pin on Roberts)
13: Goes to a double count-out against WWF Tag Team Champions Owen Hart & The British Bulldog (teams with Mankind)

Besides, you're going to say that Vader has any less right to be in than Michael Hayes does?

Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline Perfxion

• All I know is bitches, money, rims and ho's
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »
The game is really Legends of Wrestling game, just using Wrestlemania as a drawing title. All the people in the game do not really have much to do about WM, just that it is a name owned by Vince McMahon. If it was truely about people only doing big things at mania, then Kamala, Hayes, Birdman, and LOD would be out. And people like Demolition, Santana, Savage, Steamboat will be in. Too bad there are legal trouble with 3 of the 4 named being put in the game.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 05:08:17 AM »
Well yeah there are people already in the game less deserving than Vader and Doink, but I'm thinking forward. Especially if it's a 4 pack of Vader, Doink and the sheepfuckers I doubt I'd buy it. They need to at least get ONE decent to big omission in there, then you can use that to sell the crap.

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Watersfall Industries
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 10:16:25 AM »
Well yeah there are people already in the game less deserving than Vader and Doink, but I'm thinking forward. Especially if it's a 4 pack of Vader, Doink and the sheepfuckers I doubt I'd buy it. They need to at least get ONE decent to big omission in there, then you can use that to sell the crap.
However, if the game was "Legends of Starrcade" I'm guessing you wouldn't mind Vader being in, right?

Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 10:32:12 AM »
He main evented Starcade 93 so yeah he should be there.

Legends of Starcade would be a pretty depressing game.

• KOAB
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »
where is marc mero?

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Watersfall Industries
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 10:57:49 AM »
He main evented Starcade 93 so yeah he should be there.

Legends of Starcade would be a pretty depressing game.
Yeah, it would.

Thinking of possible roster choices:
Hogan (either Hulk or Hollywood)
Sting (if he's out of TNA)
Flair
Dusty
Steamboat
Goldberg
Vader
DDP
Hall
Nash (if he's out of TNA)
Booker (if he's...you know)

Eh, there's others, but I can't think right now.

Robin Williams
HBO Special

• KOAB
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 11:16:30 AM »
Austin & Pilman

Offline Perfxion

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »
Piper, Blanchard, LOD, Midnight Express, Koloff, Rock N Roll Express, Luger, Windham, Garvin(former World Champion), Magnum T.A., Savage, Guerrero, and Sid could all be in that Starrcade game.

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 04:58:52 AM »
Is Legends of WM worth getting? I don't really follow wrestling anymore, but I liked a lot of the better games from the past like Revenge or No Mercy. I also have nostalgia for all the characters in the game, which is the exact marketing ploy Vince would use to get someone like me to buy this game. I heard the controls are pretty basic though, to the point where it's not even that fun.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 05:19:00 AM »
The controls are basic, but I've still had a lot of fun with it. If the roster works for you (no Randy Savage) then it's worth it, though maybe not for $60.

Offline Anakin Flair

• Suplex City, Bitch!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 11:54:54 AM »
I've decided that I've had it with SVR '09. I love the game, but it just keeps freezing on me! The music tracks that play on the menus start to stutter, and the game freezes. I try to play an exhibition match, and the game freezes. I'm in career mode and going for the tag championships. I fight JBL and Orton- THREE TIMES!- and each time, as soon as I win, the game freezes. What pisses me off the most was that I just got the DLC, but I haven't been able to use it because the fucking game keeps freezing on me! Fuck this game.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »
I have a question about Legends of Wrestlemania (which I think is easily the best WWE game since No Mercy).  How does the importing of current wrestlers work?  Do I need to own SvR 09 or do I just need saved data from it (ie. I can rent or borrow the game and still unlock those guys in Legends)?

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »
You just need saved data. I got SvR 09 from Gamefly, loaded it up, entered codes to unlock all the unlockable guys, then made sure it saved. Then I put LOW back in, selected the import wrestlers option and now I have them all, and SvR09 went right back into the mail to Gamefly. I really had no interest in it.

Now if only you could import from SvR 07.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »
You just need saved data. I got SvR 09 from Gamefly, loaded it up, entered codes to unlock all the unlockable guys, then made sure it saved. Then I put LOW back in, selected the import wrestlers option and now I have them all, and SvR09 went right back into the mail to Gamefly. I really had no interest in it.

Thanks.  That's what I was hoping for, because I don't want to pay for Smackdown vs. RAW only to never play it.

Offline Paperback Ryback

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
I've decided that I've had it with SVR '09. I love the game, but it just keeps freezing on me! The music tracks that play on the menus start to stutter, and the game freezes. I try to play an exhibition match, and the game freezes. I'm in career mode and going for the tag championships. I fight JBL and Orton- THREE TIMES!- and each time, as soon as I win, the game freezes. What pisses me off the most was that I just got the DLC, but I haven't been able to use it because the fucking game keeps freezing on me! Fuck this game.

I have a similar problem with my PS3.  When news came out about the new DLC (Vader etc.) I hooked up my ethernet cable and upon connecting was told to download the newest system update.  So now if I'm using someone with a custom theme, the first two seconds play, followed by a glitch noise, then the entrance starts up as usual.  Luckily I haven't had the game freeze on me, just that annoying glitch towards the end of the loading screen.  Any way to solve this, or should I just wait till May when the SvR DLC is coming out to see if it fixes itself?

Offline Sabre

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 01:57:10 AM »

gamefaqs > download saves.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 03:37:59 AM »
SDvR hasn't frozen for me... but I also have the stutter problem on custom entrance tracks. It's actually not too bad for me on SDvR.. but it's HORRIBLE on LOWM.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 03:44:33 AM »

Not an option on the 360.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 04:43:11 AM »

Not an option on the 360.

http://www.xploder.net/xbox-360/products/206/Xbox-360-USB-Memory-Card-Transfer-cable-For-PC-to-MU.htm

Its always possible.. granted its awkward, but still possible.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 04:48:45 AM »
So it looks like the new DLC is for SDVR and not LOWM..

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sdvsraw09/dlcgallery2/

Not sure why they'd release legends for the SDVR game instead of.. well, you know... the actual Legends game?!

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 12:41:17 PM »
Well the game was short on Legends.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »
Yeah but the whole point of not having Legends in that game was because of the LOWM game being devoted to Legends.. It seems extremely stupid to me that I can't have Earthquake vs Hogan now because of the dumb importing process.. and also even if you could import them they'd look like shit with their white as a glowing ghost glitch. =\

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 01:56:37 AM »
I think Legends of Wrestlemania probably didn't sell to well and they decided not to release those characters to it.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 08:24:09 AM »
Doink, Earthquake, and the Bushwackers don't even have a tron or music. Doink's model also looks not great. Grr!

I also read this on wikipedia:

On April 14th 2009, 9-year old Damori Miles of Brooklyn, New York, fell 31 feet to his death as he tried seemingly to imitate Jeff Hardy's Swanton Bomb by diving from the roof of his apartment wearing a makeshift parachute. He was pronounced dead an hour later at the Interfaith Medical Center. He was apparently inspired by WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 authorities report. His mother said all he did was played WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009. Miles had special needs support, and was left alone at his apartment whilst he plummeted to his death

Blame video games!

Offline Sabre

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »
His mother said all he did was played WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009. Miles had special needs support, and was left alone at his apartment whilst he plummeted to his death

well that sums it all up there, its GTAs fault.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »
That is really awful that those four were added to Svr09 and not LOW. Yeah I bitched about them as LOW additions, but they at least make more sense there than in SvR09. Wow I can do that epic dream match of the Sheepfuckers vs the Hardy Brothers. YES. And they don't even have MUSIC? That is beyond lazy. Trons I get, but how hard would it have been for them to include their music?

Offline Sabre

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 12:08:23 PM »
Gotta love legends without music.  Reminds me of HCTP i belive, all the legends had no music and had wm 3 mini rings.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
That is really awful that those four were added to Svr09 and not LOW. Yeah I bitched about them as LOW additions, but they at least make more sense there than in SvR09. Wow I can do that epic dream match of the Sheepfuckers vs the Hardy Brothers. YES. And they don't even have MUSIC? That is beyond lazy. Trons I get, but how hard would it have been for them to include their music?

The funny thing is I picked Vader randomly and was impressed they had his titantron on top of his music, but I quickly realized he was the lone exception.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 12:50:46 AM »
I don't understand why they'd be so lazy about it. I mean, I know we can do custom tracks so the music isn't an issue.. but how is it that they can't just get the old trons for these guys? They got it for Vader.. did they forget to ask for the other ones or something? o_O

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »
I'll pay $5 to play as Vader in that game.  The other guys are total jobbers.  Lazy to not give them the works on presentation, but whatever.

I do question why they're bothering with this content when there are three current title holders (Jack Swagger, Primo, Maryse) not in the game, plus Christian, R-Truth, Mike Knox, Kozlov, Shane Helms among others, and they could probably throw a bone to Hacksaw or Goldust or Funaki

Offline Perfxion

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 08:53:45 AM »
The only reason I can think of no 'Tron from Doink and Sheepfuckers(TM SK) is that they never had them back then.  I don't think Andre and Studd have them in LOWM.

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 09:41:00 AM »
How hard would it be for WWE Mulitmedia Dept. to make one for all of their legends a TitanTron-type video? Thousands of hours of clips. But Andre having a tron would be just weird considering he doesn't have music.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »
They did do that for LOWM.. every wrestler has an entrance video, even Andre & John Studd. Which makes the whole thing even more dumb that Earthquake and the others don't have them.

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Watersfall Industries
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »
They did do that for LOWM.. every wrestler has an entrance video, even Andre & John Studd. Which makes the whole thing even more dumb that Earthquake and the others don't have them.
Especially since all of them probably had Trons at WrestleMania X-Seven in the Gimmick Battle Royal.

Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
Especially since all of them probably had Trons at WrestleMania X-Seven in the Gimmick Battle Royal.

I specifically remember that Slaughter had one. Mainly because they showed it on the broadcast and not just in the background on the tron.

Offline Aero

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 04:21:00 AM »
Actually, with the exception of Mean Gene, Heenan, and the video clips they showed for the Gooker and Slaughter, no one had Trons. Of course, they did give trons to a bunch of the wrestlers who made appearances every few years (Doink included).

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Watersfall Industries
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 04:48:59 AM »
Actually, with the exception of Mean Gene, Heenan, and the video clips they showed for the Gooker and Slaughter, no one had Trons. Of course, they did give trons to a bunch of the wrestlers who made appearances every few years (Doink included).
Droese and Goon didn't get Trons?

But they were there in the company when Trons were just starting.  Back when they had the multiple TVs Tron.

Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline Aero

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 07:12:04 AM »
It looked like no one else got trons as the few times the camera was showing the big screen, it just showed the live shot of the wrestler making his entrance, like Repo Man.

BTW, it looks like I messed up what I meant to say above. At the end of that quote, I meant to say that the guys who made several appearances later on, like Doink, EVENTUALLY got trons, just not at WM 17.

Matt Young

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 10:51:48 PM »
I downloaded the free patch that allows you to use and/or play against DLC wrestlers online.  I didn't buy either of the character packs.  But, somehow, I got Vader for free.

Offline DukeTogo

• Golgo
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6212457.html

AAA El Videojuego. Coming to the US.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2009, 01:56:32 AM »
Im playing smackdown vs raw 2008.  Is there anyway to change your fighting style during career mode. Im using a CAW Christian and im stuck using dirty tactics.

Matt Young

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2009, 05:22:06 AM »
It's been a while since I've played that one, but I believe you're stuck with it.

I still need to go back and boost for some of the online achievements in that game.  I'd suggest that we do it, but you're probably playing on the PS3, right?