Author Topic: Daniel Bryan "released"  (Read 19838 times)

Description:

Offline UterusJuice

• Fartsauce
Daniel Bryan "released"
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:59:19 PM »
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/14734694

This screams work. I could be wrong though.

Online KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »
He changed his official Twitter to Bryan Danielson, so that's the name he's going as now. 

He refused to accept his slave name.

Offline UterusJuice

• Fartsauce
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:29:49 PM »
if WWE really wanted to take this to the next level, have him work indies, have him show up in ROH and maybe have Cena "attack" him during a show there. I'm not holding my breath though.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
So you want to advance the big summer angle in front of less than 500 people, who more than likely hate WWE anyway?

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 03:57:15 PM »
Well, he did send Cornette & Lawler into ECW.

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• If I told you cocaine numbers you would think I was lyin'
  • WWWYKI
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 04:14:52 PM »
I froze when...

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »
And to beat Brody to the punch, Meltzer has reported that it's both a work (11pm Friday night firing on an obscure page of WWE.com?) and legit (they wouldn't work the people who run their website, for one, and the higher-ups were informed of the firing before it went up on the website which wouldn't make sense to do for a worked firing as the higher-ups would be the ones booking the damn thing).

EDIT: word floating around various forums is the firing is related to the strangling of Justin Roberts with his tie, which was edited out of every showing of the RAW incident.

DOUBLE EDIT: Counterpoint: the Roberts strangle incident got a dedicated camera shot on it, which presumably wouldn't have a) existed or b) lasted as long as it did if it was something WWE didn't want to make air.

Offline wnyxmcneal

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Nobody does a cryptic news update like Meltzer

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 04:24:27 PM »
I will say, I hope they worked on that choke, because it didn't look like Roberts was able to get his fingers in there, and looked like he legit got choked.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »
How can a firing be a work and legit? Isn't it one or the other?

Offline DerangedHermit

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 04:39:41 PM »
How can a firing be a work and legit? Isn't it one or the other?

Read as: Meltzer doesn't know.

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »
Is Wade Barrett the only "employed" NXT guy?

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 04:51:10 PM »
Gabe Sapolsky just said on his FB page " It's not a work"

Offline wnyxmcneal

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 04:58:52 PM »
Who had 5 days in the WWE fucks up NXT Invasion?

I wonder what he did

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • Three Time Tetris 99 Champ!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
I thought the choking was kind of in poor taste. Anyway, I don't think he'd get fired on Friday for something that happened on Monday.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

Offline Scroby

• Low rent Indy Referee
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »
Either Bryan fucked up or it's a giant work. I have a feeling it's a giant work, the WWE has been poking fun at the internet and their king of the indies since Bryan signed with the WWE. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another way for Vince to keep messing with the IWC.
WRONG! I'm perfectly sane everyone else however is insane and is trying to steal my magic bag.

Offline JRE

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »
I'm gonna hope it's a work...but that's just because I'm very disappointed and I have a gut feeling it's legit.

Offline LuckyLopez

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »
I could see a scenario where him spitting in Cena's face and choking Roberts were unscripted and over the line, hence why they were edited out of the replays.  And then they talk to Danielson and by the end of the week realize he's not a team player or something so cut him in the silence of Friday night.

I could also see it being a work to create more drama for this, even though I'm not sure what they really get out of it.

So I have no idea and I don't think I care enough to agonize.  If its real I'm guessing we'll get some word before Monday, and if we get nothing I assume its a work.  If they manage to work us?  Good for them, I guess.

That being said, if you tell me that its 100% certain Danielson is not on RAW then I might not watch and might not care about this story anymore.  So again.. I'm not sure I get it.

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
IS WADE BARRETT OK?

seriously though now its just Barrett and 6 fucking losers.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 05:28:44 PM »
I don't buy it

Offline Fökai

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
I don't know if everyone has access to this part...

Within WWE, the word has been sent out internally that the Bryan Danielson firing is legitimate the same way any other firing would be done.  All the higher-ups in the company were informed that he was gone before the item that everyone assumes to be a work was put on the web site. It's difficult to believe given the timing that it could possibly be legitimate.  The idea they would work their own employees on a wrestling angle is also hard to fathom given the history of companies that have done that.

The creative team was also told today that he's gone.

Online Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 06:41:14 PM »
What I was told if someone very important complained about the angle and it was the idea that kids watching may think it's fun to choke people with their ties.

He was a scapegoat. They want him back when it blows over.

What I don't know is where the complaint came from, but obviously it was someone very powerful, because even people internally now that it's out can't understand why they didn't wait until Tuesday and have Cena destroy him on Raw on Monday.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
Three things:

One, how would kids think that it was fun, given that Roberts was selling the fuck out of it being decidedly not fun?

Two, Hassan/piano wire angle, Cena/Umaga Last Man Standing, and other instances.

Three, I'll bet this is WWE playing it safe with Linda's doomed US Senate run. "Someone very important" could very well be her campaign manager. Then again, they did blow up R-Truth back in April. So cartoon violence is okay, but plausible violence isn't?

Offline chuck

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 07:05:27 PM »
As opposed to choking someone with various other things WWE has used over the years? From the sounds of it, must have been a USA big shot that complained.

Also, I love Meltzer's "it's a work and a shoot" line just to cover his ass.

Offline Ross87

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 08:07:15 PM »
It's not a work.

I can't believe so many people got excited by the nXt angle given the companies track record of dropping the ball.

4 days it took this time.

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »
Cena's the one who loves his WWE PG rated.  I'm accusing him and without proof I think we should all accept it as fact.

Online Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 08:55:34 PM »
So much for what was the hottest angle to hit the wrestling world in years.  Fuck this company.

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 08:59:01 PM »
My microwave just went off.

The burrito is finished.

Online Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 09:08:24 PM »
Didn't he take part in the FCW invasion the other night?  Seems odd they'd wait this long to fire him.

Offline LuckyLopez

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 09:18:35 PM »
Bureaucracy moves slowly.  While Danielson was working FCW on Wednesday our mystery complainer could have been sitting down with WWE officials as they try to calm him from the complaints he made on Tuesday and avoid doing something stupid and damaging to your product.

I could understand them getting annoyed by it if Danielson went off script and not wanting it on their TV.  Its probably hypocritical based on other WWE actions but I guess there's some kind of logic about everyone wearing ties but kids not being able to lift sledgehammers or something.  

But you'd think that it could be addressed by a simple talking to Danielson and maybe an apology.  Instead of firing a talented employee you supposedly want back and effectively killing a ton of interest in your hottest story.  You know, if you're a company that has managed to deal with Chris Jericho punching women on camera, or Matt Hardy getting arrested, or Randy Orton being Randy Orton.  

Online strummer

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 09:28:50 PM »
wow it's not a work

I don't think the Invasion angle is doomed just yet

Danielson will be cutting anti-WWE promos in TNA soon enough

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 09:33:45 PM »
I could see a scenario where him spitting in Cena's face and choking Roberts were unscripted and over the line, hence why they were edited out of the replays.

I'm going to be the deluded one and think they editing them out plays into this 'angle' so it adds legitimacy to the release, and the idea that Bryan goes away for a while only to return later.

I'm only remaining hopeful because the last few months all i've cared about on wrestling in general has been Bryan's NXT activities. I don't care for anything at all, not even Punk on SmackDown! or anyone else.

Online strummer

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 09:36:12 PM »
apparently a WWE executive saw the angle a few days later and complained to managment that it would hurt the product because kids would think it's cool to choke someone

Danielson was the scapegoat. Firing is legit

they want him back in the company when the whole thing blows over though

the Board via PWO

Online strummer

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 09:50:19 PM »
wonder if Danielson will wait to go back or jump to TNA in 90 days?

he has to be pissed but the alternative isn't exactly thrilling

Offline 2GOLD

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »

When the whole thing blows over...so when the NXT angle is over and he has next to zero way to recover from getting removed from possibly the biggest angle they could have booked.

So if I have this right, tearing apart sets and gang attacks are ok for kids but fake chokes are bad?

Offline LuckyLopez

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
Well if its true they want him back and if was handled relatively well than Danielson's getting a 90 day vacation.  If they want him back on day 91 it ain't all bad.  The real problem is that yesterday he was in the center of the hottest story in WWE in years.  Who knows where he'll fall in 90 days?  But if he takes the unofficial suspension and doesn't bitch he could well make friends in the office as a team player.

The other side of it is Danielson's apparently being made a scapegoat over some really stupid nonsense.  WWE is letting advertisers or some uptight exec take him out of a red hot story and risk killing interest.  That has to be annoying for someone with self respect.  You can look at a guy like Chris Jericho who has been caught punching a woman on camera, or who was arrested with Matt Hardy.  Or someone like Orton who has a laundry list of bad behavior.  Guys like Edge and Rey who have been publicly caught in lies about steroids and guys like Batista who have a ton of bad rep rumors circulating.  This sort of thing COULD send a clear message to a worker of how things work and depending on the sort of guy Danielson make him bitter or simply convince him its not worth it.

Who knows?

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »

When the whole thing blows over...so when the NXT angle is over and he has next to zero way to recover from getting removed from possibly the biggest angle they could have booked.

So if I have this right, tearing apart sets and gang attacks are ok for kids but fake chokes are bad?

That's the kind of stuff that pisses me off if this is legit.  Basically everything on the show is not appropriate for kids if their dumbass is going to think it will be fun to choke someone with a tie.  Didn't Cena throw Batista off the roof of a car a couple weeks ago?  I'd see children more likely to attempt trying something like that then finding someone with a tie to choke.  A good majority of the things featured on every show could cause paralysis.  
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »
I also wonder if this has something to do with putting more focus on Wade Barrett. With Danielson around he was bound to be a distraction to the fans.

Offline I Know You Like Sugar

• King Cucaracha
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 10:33:47 PM »
Let's be realistic here. He essentially strangled the guy.

It's all very well us saying "oh, this was more violent, that was more violent, leave Danielson alone!" Can't legislate for what will and will not offend the wrong person. Unless you investigate who this high powered person is, track them down and spend hours explaining the ins and outs of what is and isn't okay in your opinion, which I'm sure WWE tried, it really doesn't matter. They were offended.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 10:36:16 PM »
Yes but injuries occur all the time.

And it probably didn't help that the run-sheet simply said 'Cena run-in' - as far as i'm lead to believe, nobody at all knew what was coming. Hell, maybe Roberts himself put the complaint in.

• King Cucaracha
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 10:38:09 PM »
Also, at no point did Meltzer say "it's a work and it's a shoot" in those words. He said it was difficult to believe it was legit, but also difficult to believe they'd work people.

If saying "well, it's hard to believe either side right now" is covering your ass, so be it.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »
If it IS true, as someone said in the NXT thread, the last image you'll have of Danielson is him kicking Cena in the head telling him that he's not better than him.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 11:32:50 PM »

Offline Tigger

• Dressup
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 11:54:29 PM »
I thought the choke looked fake and cartoony with the face he was making, but I guess that might be the face you make when you're really getting choked, I donno.

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2010, 12:53:15 AM »
shit's weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

• King Cucaracha
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2010, 12:56:29 AM »
The over-reactions to this on the F4W Board are crazy.

The NXT angle's dead, the entire production crew should be fired as well for shooting it, WWE are bitches for bowing down to a company that pays them millions of dollars, choking someone with a tie isn't as bad as *random act of violence in wrestling* so Danielson shouldn't have been fired even though this is the only act that someone powerful happened to see and get mad about.

Someone got mad. Someone had to take the fall. It sucks for Danielson. It's all kinda silly. But some perspective is needed before we all tear down Titan Towers and carry Mattel action figures with ties wrapped around their necks as we do it.

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• If I told you cocaine numbers you would think I was lyin'
  • WWWYKI
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2010, 01:04:59 AM »
we all tear down Titan Towers and carry Mattel action figures with ties wrapped around their necks as we do it.

Sounds like a plan.

• King Cucaracha
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2010, 01:09:17 AM »
I don't remember people getting this worked up about Blacktop Bully.

Hypocrites.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2010, 01:31:21 AM »
[balloon deflating sound effect] (the balloon is a metaphor for my enthusiasm)

Offline DerangedHermit

Daniel Bryan "released"
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2010, 01:33:47 AM »
Someone fire Randy Orton. Kids of today are too impressionable and may slap on a headlock to their little sister or the poor little family dog.