Author Topic: Hulk Hogan has lost his mind  (Read 26684 times)

Description:

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
Re: Hulk Hogan has lost his mind
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »
And apparently Harley Race was ready to murder Hulk Hogan at any moment.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
Just lost a lot of respect for Harley Race (for not murdering Hulk Hogan)

Offline Teenage Mutant King Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »
Yeah, the version of that Harley Race-Hulk Hogan story is not surprisingly a lot different in Bret Hart's book!

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2013, 03:56:57 AM »
I believe Hogan.  Bret Hart is just a big mark for himself.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2013, 04:16:10 AM »
Pot. Kettle.

As much grief as some of the oldsters give it, I thought Harley Race's WWF run was ingenious. Race knew he was too old/too tired to be "the guy" in a promotion and wrung out the last few years of decent workrate by going for the big bucks as one of Hogan's foils. And really, I don't see how a royalty gimmick demeaned his reputation. Yeah, it was a bit more cartoonish than what he was used to but I don't think it made him look stupid like Dusty with the polka dots or Steamboat carrying a komodo dragon to the ring.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2013, 04:31:35 AM »
I loved Race in the king gimmick. One of my fondest memories of 80s WWF is seeing Race vs Hogan in person at Maple Leaf Gardens.

You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2013, 04:33:23 AM »
I was sarcastic.  Websites like Cawthon's make it fairly clear that Hogan's schedule, while crazy, wasn't 600 matches per year or whatever bullshit he's most recently said.  Harley Race was not out to kill Hogan. Etc.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
List of Wrestlers Who Have Held a Gun to Hogan's Head (According to Hogan (Not Really))

Harley Race
Dusty Rhodes
Tony Atlas
Andre the Giant (and it was the biggest gun in the world)
Randy Savage
Shane McMahon after WrestleMania XIX
Wild Cat Willie
La Parka
JC Ice, but not Wolfie D

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2013, 04:44:03 AM »
Also...hulk hogan...but thankfully Ali's daughter called

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2013, 04:45:31 AM »
CM Punk held a pipebomb to Hogan's head because he was a huge mark for the Earthquake.

Offline Dobbs3K

• TSM's former ultimate heel.
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Race got in Hogan's face, but I doubt the gun to the head stuff just a tad...
"Tell Mr. Selig that next time that kid pitches, there's a good chance he gets one in the ribs." - Ryan Braun

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2013, 12:08:45 AM »
Pot. Kettle.

As much grief as some of the oldsters give it, I thought Harley Race's WWF run was ingenious. Race knew he was too old/too tired to be "the guy" in a promotion and wrung out the last few years of decent workrate by going for the big bucks as one of Hogan's foils. And really, I don't see how a royalty gimmick demeaned his reputation. Yeah, it was a bit more cartoonish than what he was used to but I don't think it made him look stupid like Dusty with the polka dots or Steamboat carrying a komodo dragon to the ring.

To most NWA fans, it was as well received as a Ric Flair as Spartacus gimmick would've went over in 1990.  Race went from blood and guts tough talker in a suit to a gimmick.   

• CXF Writer
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2013, 02:16:53 AM »
By oldsters, I should have been direct and said BRODY.

And when a gimmick is "King of Wrestling", I don't see it as that demeaning. If Race really objected to it, he wouldn't have kept it when he did his last runs in AWA or NWA. Not saying it was a career highlight (or even a great gimmick), just a smart way for him to wring out the big bucks while his career faded.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2013, 02:25:14 AM »
The dumbest thing Race did in the late 80s was those table spots and top rope bumps at his age and with severe injuries.

• CXF Writer
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2013, 02:32:49 AM »
Watching WrestleMania III and IV this weekend, I have to definitely agree with that assessment. There was no reason for a guy of his size and his age to be doing crazy bumps for a four minute mid-card match or a shitty battle royal.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2013, 03:00:00 AM »
Rumble 89 might be the worst example.  The hardcore matches with Hogan in 88 (where the much older Race took the bad bumps because Hogan was too busy working every match on his 500 card schedule...no wonder he held that gun to the Hulkster's head!) were really dumb.  Yeah, Race's bumps made them fun to watch but he shouldn't have been doing it.  After those injuries he comes back to work the Rumble match with Haku...and does big turnbuckle bumps, outside bumps, and takes a stiff kick to the face.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2013, 05:01:11 AM »
By oldsters, I should have been direct and said BRODY.

And when a gimmick is "King of Wrestling", I don't see it as that demeaning. If Race really objected to it, he wouldn't have kept it when he did his last runs in AWA or NWA. Not saying it was a career highlight (or even a great gimmick), just a smart way for him to wring out the big bucks while his career faded.
And really.. a royalty gimmick is hardly the worst thing he could've been saddled with. It's not like he said he was King George time-travelling to the 1980s to prove his mettle in the wrestling ring.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2013, 05:04:54 AM »
Another really dumb thing about WWF cartoon Harley Race: Gorilla Monsoon referring to him as a "youngster."

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2013, 05:07:49 AM »
lmao seriously? I have to see that.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2013, 08:23:52 AM »
I'd have to hear that too. In Race's MSG debut, Monsoon made clear that while Race was a newcomer to the WWF, he was not a newcomer to professional wrestling.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2013, 11:39:47 AM »
Gorilla called everybody a youngster.  He probably called Lou Thesz a youngster at some point.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2013, 01:29:55 AM »
Carlos Colon being a fine example

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2013, 01:30:37 AM »
Haha, that was in a Rumble right?

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30:07 AM »
" Hulk Hogan discussed trying to get Vince McMahon to sign Sting after WrestleMania III during an interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine. “I have unbelievable respect for Sting – he doesn’t realize how good he really is,” Hogan told FSM. “Sting should have already had his New York (WWE) run. I’ll tell you something; when I got red-hot after WrestleMania III, I was begging Vince to get Sting in the WWF so I could turn heel at some point. He had the blonde hair, he was 10 times more athletic than me, and I believed this guy could have the same run as Hulkamania, but take it 10 times bigger. I was telling Vince (McMahon), ‘Let me get this guy over’, because after beating Andre, if they’d brought Sting in and had him beat me, it would have made him this tall (gestures with his hand above his head). But Sting wouldn’t come; we tried and tried, but he just would not jump. Vince even talked to him last year, but still Sting wouldn’t go.”

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »
But Hogan said at TNA Hall of Fame he stopped Vince back then.  Oh, Hulk.  Never change.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2013, 01:02:19 AM »
Excerpt from an interview Hulk Hogan did with Fighting Spirit Magazine…

“I’ve heard all these urban legends about Randy doing something to piss Vince off,” said Hogan. “I’ve heard two or three different stories, and I don’t know if any of those are true, but he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, and I would love to be the one that inducts him. I’ve got a speech for him ready to go. I just think it’s a must that he’s in the Hall of Fame; he was so influential in this business, especially in the WWF, and in my career.

“You know, he’s the only guy we could pass the belt to, and we wouldn’t lose money. You gave the belt to The Ultimate Warrior – I don’t want to drop a bunch of names – and right away the revenue went down. Give the belt to ‘Macho Man’, and things would stay the same, or get better.”

“For me, it would be cool to induct him. We had a rift for about 10 years, and then right before he passed away, I was getting an EKG, when I hear (mimicking Randy’s voice) ‘Yeah, what’s up, brother?’ And I looked over, and he was there, looking great. I said, ‘Hey Mach, how you doing?’ I shook his hand, and introduced him to my wife, Jennifer. He’s like, ‘Hello lovely lady, how ya doing?’ Jennifer said to him, ‘Oh, Mr. Macho, I’ve heard so much about you. You know, we’ve got three or four lawyers at the house today, so we’re gonna cook up. We’d love to have you over.’ But he just went, ‘I don’t dig lawyers, baby, maybe we could start out with a phone call?’

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2013, 03:40:51 AM »
In an interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine, Hulk Hogan said that he wanted to face the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI in 1990 as a heel.

He said: "Vince and I were best friends, but when we talked about money, we were enemies. So I went [to WCW] with the red and yellow, beat Ric Flair, and Hulkamania took off again. Then, creatively, I turned into a bad guy, which I always wanted to do in the WWF, but nobody wanted me to. I always said, 'I could be the best bad guy ever. Just let me do it', but no-one wanted me to be a bad guy. At Warrior's time, I really wanted to fuck him as a bad guy; I wanted to beat The Ultimate Warrior in Toronto, but as a heel. I just thought it would be intense, and I would be the best bad guy ever. I could have done it, and then said, 'Forget the prayers and the vitamins, I did it for the money!' But it's just creative differences, and Vince knows what he's doing, believe me. I just wanted to try something different in the WWF."

When he turned heel to form the nWo with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash at Bash at the Beach on July 7, 1996, he was very hesitant. Eric Bischoff wrote in his 2006 autobiography Controversy Creates Cash that Hogan was dimissive towards the idea, but then after Nash and Hall became a force on WCW programming, he suggested to Bischoff that he be the third man. He hadn't spoke to Bischoff in months at that point. Until the PPV happened, Bischoff said he wasn't sure if Hogan would follow through, and had Sting agree to the idea just in case Hogan changed his mind.

Hogan's on a roll right now.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
He's been saying he wanted to turn heel in the WWF since his autobiography in 2002, so that's one of his long runners. Never gave a specific date until now, though.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2013, 04:04:11 AM »
Didn't Hogan in his 1st book say that he could have stayed way over as a baby face in 91+ but they didn't push him hard enough?

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »
An article posted 2 weeks ago states Hogan claims to have survived 2 plane crashes...

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
At Warrior's time, I really wanted to fuck him as a bad guy

Offline Former Faithless Fool

• KOAB
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2014, 01:56:28 PM »
At Warrior's time, I really wanted to fuck him as a bad guy

...I thought the same thing

• CXF Writer
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2014, 10:06:46 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/19/hulk-hogan-beach-shop-stolen-boot/
Some fat lady thieves stole one of Hogan's boots.  :(

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2014, 03:23:55 AM »
Vintage item I just stumbled across: 
Speaking of Hogan, when he was discussing MMA with Dan Lambert, who runs American Top Team a few months back, he told him that he used to think MMA was real until Randy Couture smartened him up.

Online geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2014, 08:05:42 AM »
Excerpt from an interview Hulk Hogan did with Fighting Spirit Magazine…

“I’ve heard all these urban legends about Randy doing something to piss Vince off,” said Hogan. “I’ve heard two or three different stories, and I don’t know if any of those are true, but he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, and I would love to be the one that inducts him. I’ve got a speech for him ready to go. I just think it’s a must that he’s in the Hall of Fame; he was so influential in this business, especially in the WWF, and in my career.

“You know, he’s the only guy we could pass the belt to, and we wouldn’t lose money. You gave the belt to The Ultimate Warrior – I don’t want to drop a bunch of names – and right away the revenue went down. Give the belt to ‘Macho Man’, and things would stay the same, or get better.”

“For me, it would be cool to induct him. We had a rift for about 10 years, and then right before he passed away, I was getting an EKG, when I hear (mimicking Randy’s voice) ‘Yeah, what’s up, brother?’ And I looked over, and he was there, looking great. I said, ‘Hey Mach, how you doing?’ I shook his hand, and introduced him to my wife, Jennifer. He’s like, ‘Hello lovely lady, how ya doing?’ Jennifer said to him, ‘Oh, Mr. Macho, I’ve heard so much about you. You know, we’ve got three or four lawyers at the house today, so we’re gonna cook up. We’d love to have you over.’ But he just went, ‘I don’t dig lawyers, baby, maybe we could start out with a phone call?’

That story is actually true.  It was confirmed by Savage's mom (that's who Savage was at the doctor with).
Randy!

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2014, 02:45:18 AM »

Offline Fan of Sports with Integrity

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • Your POV
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »
I had to watch the movie because the first few minutes made me laugh so hard.

Mr. Nanny is one of the best bad comedies of all time, lots of laughs in this one. This podcast captured it p. well, even in saying that Hulk should have broken more stuff (I would have liked to see a few big bumps myself).

• CXF Writer
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2015, 08:49:14 AM »
http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/05/hulk-hogan-says-he-almost-did-ufc-has-his-claim-immediately-shot-down-by-ufc-co-founder/
BS'ing Hogan's been on fire during his current publicity tour for WWE in Australia. First, he claimed that not only would he be wrestling at WrestleMania 32 but it'd be a World Title Match. Then he said he was offered (and turned down) a chance to fight in UFC in the early days. ::)

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »
Hulk-tales! Waaheew!

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

Offline pujoljunkie

• Old Navy / Diet Snapple Publishing Group
  • CXF Writer
  • PujolJunkie
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2015, 10:14:56 AM »
Did y'all listen to his interview with Bill Simmons a few months back? "BS Report" was an oddly fitting name for that podcast. Hogan claimed:

a)that he tore both of his biceps slamming Andre, b)he was the first person ever to pin Andre, c)this was the first time anyone had body slammed Andre (he had done it once before himself!) and d)that he was unaware who was going to win on the day of Wrestlemania III.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »
Now that this thread is bumped, this may be the right thread to post in.

Not sure if Brutus and Hulk had a falling out but some guy on Twitter claimed that The Booty Man sold him a signed Hulk photo recently and Hulk said he never gave Brutus any merchandise to sell or permission to sell anything and apologized to people Ed Leslie is tricking.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2015, 03:13:19 AM »
HE BUTCHERED A FRIENDSHIP
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2015, 08:03:19 AM »

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »
HE BUTCHERED A FRIENDSHIP
YES! NO!  YES!  NO!

Offline shadylpete

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2015, 03:07:44 AM »
This seems like the best thread to post this in. I wondered what would happen if X-Pac went 1 on 1 with Hogan, so I put together a little parody build-up video hyping that match.

Enjoy!

• CXF Writer
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2015, 04:10:42 AM »
Nicely done.

Now that I think about it, it might've been kind of cool to see X-Pac bump around like a pinball for Hogan's punches back in the day. It probably would have been a slightly less (or more?) goofy version of Hogan/HBK.

Also CAN YOU IMAGINE HOGAN TAKING A BRONCO BUSTER!?

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2015, 04:16:42 AM »
It was called the Beefcake Buster when he took it in the 80s.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 & 2017 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2015, 04:37:47 AM »
It was called the Beefcake Buster when he took it in the 80s.

I can't see The Hulkster as the taker in that relationship

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2015, 03:46:53 AM »

• CXF Writer
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2015, 02:34:43 PM »

What are the odds that Dynamite Kid says something racist while defending Hogan for not being a racist? 3 to 1?