Author Topic: Favre Sunday Night, Cowboys Monday Night. LUCKY US~! NFL Week 7.  (Read 10219 times)

Description:

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
Jay Cutler dies on the field today

Cleveland @ New Orleans
Pittsburgh @ Miami
Washington @ Chicago
Cincinnati @ Atlanta
Philadelphia @ Tennessee
San Francisco @ Who the fuck Cares-olina
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Buffalol @ Baltimore
Faguars @ Kansas City

Junior Seau SUV Rollercoaster Memorial Game
Arizona @ USCeattle
Joakland @ Denver
New England @ SLAM DEYGO

Ugh, Christ, the Favre game
Minnesota @ Green Bay's Practice Squad

Wade Phillips fired in front of a national audience
New York Giants @ Dallas

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
Favre Sunday Night, Cowboys Monday Night. LUCKY US~! NFL Week 7.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:39:14 PM »
The Giants play the 'Girls 2 times within a month. If they can take both those games, it can be the nail in the coffin for them. Hell if the G-men win Monday, that might be it. The Giants don't seem to know how to get up for a national audience, so this game scares me.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Vitamin X

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 02:03:00 AM »
The Giants don't seem to know how to get up for a national audience, so this game scares me.
Except for a couple weeks ago when they executed Jay Cutler on NBC.

I agree with you on the Cowboys being cooked after this week if they lose. I'd also venture a guess at saying whoever loses the Minnesota-Green Bay game on Sunday night will have a pretty big blow to their playoff chances as well. 3-4 doesn't seem like a death knell for the Packers unless you look at the rest of their schedule @NYJ, DAL, Bye, @MIN, @ATL, SF, @DET, @NE, NYG, CHI. Granted the Dallas and San Francisco games looked a hell of a lot more intimidating before but if the Packers can't get over the Favre hump, they might only be looking at 3-5 more wins this year. At best, that's a .500 record and a good chance McCarthy gets fired if they miss the playoffs.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:13:36 AM »
The Giants don't seem to know how to get up for a national audience, so this game scares me.
Except for a couple weeks ago when they executed Jay Cutler on NBC.

That's true, but I'd say 8 out 10 times they seem to underachieve when playing on Sunday and Monday night. I hope I'm wrong though for this week.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline devo

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »
The NFL is selling photos of the hits that Harrison and Merriweather were fined for.

http://www.replayphotos.com/nflphotostore/2010-11-season-print/james-harrison-mohamed-massaquoi_321187.cfm

http://www.replayphotos.com/nflphotostore/2010-11-season-print/brandon-meriweather-todd-heap_323924.cfm

Links might not load, since Pro Football Talk got wind of this and the flood of visitors apparently caused the site's server to crash.

Online Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
My only complaint is they aren't offering to print it onto a coffee mug.

Mmm... the sweet taste of Cleveland despair.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 04:57:58 AM »
I have gone into the apparel business, specifically women's underwear

Offline jimmy no nose

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 07:34:27 AM »
James Harrison got sent home before practice today, so of course every media question to every player on the team was about Harrison.  I think they were told not to talk specifically about Harrison, but there was a lot of talk about the league cracking down on high hits.  I thought it was interesting that the reaction from many of the offensive players was that guys are going to be going down with knee injuries more frequently now.  Some of them even sounded like they'd rather get hit in the head once in a while than have everyone go at their legs.

Online Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 07:42:13 AM »
supposedly harrison's agent is saying he's contemplating retirement since he doesn't know if he can play in this "new league".

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 07:44:21 AM »
James Harrison got sent home before practice today, so of course every media question to every player on the team was about Harrison.  I think they were told not to talk specifically about Harrison, but there was a lot of talk about the league cracking down on high hits.  I thought it was interesting that the reaction from many of the offensive players was that guys are going to be going down with knee injuries more frequently now.  Some of them even sounded like they'd rather get hit in the head once in a while than have everyone go at their legs.

From what all I've heard, he wasn't sent home as much as he asked to be excused from practice so he could have time to think about continuing his playing career along the lines of what KOAB said.

Offline Cerebus The Aardvark

• The Earth-Pig Reborn
  • Something fell!
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 07:55:42 AM »
supposedly harrison's agent is saying he's contemplating retirement since he doesn't know if he can play in this "new league".

What a gaping vagina. You'd think someone who hits that hard is actually, you know, a man.
If you don't understand that you are the baker and your life is the bread--that you are the only one who can make you happy or unhappy...then you don't understand anything.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 09:11:17 AM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nfl-investigating-espn-over-monday-31517

The NFL said Tuesday that it is investigating allegations that coaches during Monday Night Football were asked to call timeouts so that ESPN could squeeze in some TV commercials.

The situation had NFL purists and fantasy football players outraged that the outcome of a game could be influenced by concerns related to TV broadcasting.

In the situation Monday, the Jacksonville Jaguars were losing 23-3, and the Tennessee Titans had the ball with less than two minutes left. Quarterback Kerry Collins handed the ball to Chris Johnson, who scampered 35 yards for a touchdown that the Titans clearly did not need to win.

Here's video of the Chris Johnson touchdown run.

During a postgame news conference, Titans coach Jeff Fisher was asked why he would risk injury to his star running back instead of having his quarterback simply kneel and chew up time on the clock. Fisher insinuated that it was ESPN's fault.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio called some timeouts for the benefit of the TV broadcast, so Fisher made decisions he might otherwise not have made, he said.

"Jack used his timeouts, so it does me no good [to take a knee]," Fisher said.

"Plus, you know, my understanding was that we needed some network timeouts, so I think that's why Jack used his timeouts ... because they came over and asked me to do it, and I said, 'Well, I was hoping to get a first down and kneel on it. ' "

Fisher also said "it's the first time" he has heard of coaches being asked to call timeouts for broadcast considerations, but that comment was not part of the video highlights of the news conference that the NFL made available Tuesday.

"ESPN did not directly or indirectly ask the coaches to take a timeout during the game," the Disney-owned sports network said.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league and all of its broadcast partners leave it up to coaches to determine when to use their timeouts.

Del Rio has not commented on why he called the late timeouts.

There are supposed to be 20 commercial breaks during a football telecast, and if ESPN sold commercials that did not air, refunds could be owed to the advertisers. Neither ESPN nor the NFL would say Tuesday who might be responsible for paying such refunds, nor did they say whether all of the ads planned for Monday's game aired.

"We're looking into it," McCarthy said.

Meanwhile, Fisher was busy Tuesday attempting to clarify his remarks and absolve ESPN.

"What happens at [the] two-minute warning, the NFL gives you the status of TV, and with commercials they said we're two behind," Fisher said during a radio interview. "ESPN never came to me and said to call a timeout."

The blogosphere was abuzz with folks complaining or cheering the fact that Johnson's run affected their fantasy game's outcome, and others theorized that Fisher is using TV broadcast as a scapegoat because wanted to use Johnson one more time to give him a chance to beef up his stats.

Johnson's last-minute run gave him his only touchdown of the game and put him past the key fantasy barometer of 100 yards rushing.

NFL purists and fantasy football players.

WILL NOBODY THINK OF THE GAMBLERS?

Offline devo

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 11:35:06 AM »
Dallas Clark possibly out for the rest of the year with a hand/wrist injury.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=2323

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »
So James Harrison likes to beat up women and might retire because he doesnt know how to tackle people?  Yay Pittsburgh!

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »
What would Terry Tate do?

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
Dallas Clark possibly out for the rest of the year with a hand/wrist injury.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=2323

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 01:05:36 PM »
Collie's hurt too and Garcon has had his injury problems this season.

Peyton will still toss 30+ TDs

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »
The magic Indianapolis WR factory needs to work overtime to replace the starting TE ON ALL THREE OF MY GOD DAMN FANTASY TEAMS.

Offline sfaJack

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 11:23:03 PM »
Texans are going to win that division, huge defensive warts and all.  Amazing.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 11:40:14 PM »
Oh they are not. The Texans have big defensive weaknesses and a shitty coach, the Colts are just injured to shit, Jacksonville can't put two good games together, and Tennessee has a shitty QB situation. Indy gets healthy and they take it again.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »
Tennessee has a shitty QB situation

What?  You're out of your mind.  

Vince Young has been playing awesome ever since he got the job back last year.  They're 12-3 in that time.  He's got a 98.8 passer rating with 7 touchdowns to 2 interceptions this season.

One bad game this year.  And didn't you see him march the Titans right down the field on their first drive and throw a beautiful ball for a touchdown before his knee got twisted?

What is it about Vince Young that so many people hate to give him credit for winning games?

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 04:09:05 AM »
I have no idea.  I've always been a Vince Young supporter.  The guy wins football games and that's all that matters.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 04:28:03 AM »
What is it about Vince Young that so many people hate to give him credit for winning games?

- He isn't on national TV a whole lot and when the Titans do have national games, Chris Johnson overshadows him.
- He's not thought of as a pure passer so it's harder to "believe" that Young can throw the ball and win games.
- The Titans D is still solid for the most part so the D and Chris Johnson get the lions share of the praise when the Titans win unless Young can throw for 300+ yards and 3 TD or put up spectacular stats.

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:56 AM »
So Garrard is out and Edwards is questionable for Jacksonville vs. The Chefs.  That game will be 12-3 Chiefs.

• KOAB
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 08:47:21 AM »
So Garrard is out and Edwards is questionable for Jacksonville vs. The Chefs.  That game will be 12-3 Chiefs.

If Edwards can't start... TODD BOUMAN STEPS IN

• KOAB
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 08:51:40 AM »

On this day I see clearly

Everything has come to life

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
Tennessee has a shitty QB situation

What?  You're out of your mind. 

Vince Young has been playing awesome ever since he got the job back last year.  They're 12-3 in that time.  He's got a 98.8 passer rating with 7 touchdowns to 2 interceptions this season.

One bad game this year.  And didn't you see him march the Titans right down the field on their first drive and throw a beautiful ball for a touchdown before his knee got twisted?

He's played in 51 games since he was drafted in 06, only started 39 of them, has never thrown for even 3000 yards in a season, has had off the field issues, has as many career TD passes as Peyton Manning usually has in a season, and has never won a playoff game. Jake Delhomme has had a more successful career in a comparable time span. Tennessee has been about the running game and good defense (which is first in the league in sacks this season, btw). Look at all that big-picture and combine it with the fact that he was the third overall pick, and he's statistically a bust.

Short-term, he's injured, and Kerry Collins is old and inconsistent. I maintain that that is a shitty QB situation.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2010, 03:52:48 AM »
Short-term, he's injured, and Kerry Collins is old and inconsistent. I maintain that that is a shitty QB situation.

Collins is hurt too.

EDIT:  Speaking of which, that looks like the game I'll be watching.

Offline devo

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 04:07:36 AM »
Brilliant special teams play from the Browns, as Joshua Cribbs (a quarterback in college) catches a punt and hurls it across the field to the other returner, who takes the ball for fifty-nine yards.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 04:13:15 AM »
The Bears haven't converted a third down on a passing play since the 3rd week of september.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 04:21:23 AM »
Big Al just manhandled the center into Cutler.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2010, 04:23:21 AM »
I'm seeing the Bears for the first time right now, and their offensive line is bad.  Cutler sacked for the 28th time already.

Offline jimmy no nose

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 04:27:21 AM »
The Dolphins punter kicked a ball where they started at the 14 and it was caught at the other 20.  The announcers didn't say a word the entire play.  Somehow they didn't even notice that his punt traveled 66 yards in the air.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 04:28:14 AM »
Browns up by 10 in New Orleans. Nice.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 04:28:42 AM »
Bears D just scored a ridiculous TD

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 04:28:53 AM »
Hilarity in Tampa: the Bucs recover a fumble at the St. Louis 6.  Offensive pass interference.  Then, holding.  Then, a sack.  2nd and goal from the 35-yard-line.

Offline Kinetic

• Kinetic
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 04:33:05 AM »
Hilarity in Tampa: the Bucs recover a fumble at the St. Louis 6.  Offensive pass interference.  Then, holding.  Then, a sack.  2nd and goal from the 35-yard-line.

They ended up getting back into field goal range, mercifully.  3-0 Bucs in front of a sea of empty seats.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2010, 04:36:16 AM »
End of First Quarter.  -2 Yards Passing for Tennessee. 

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 04:44:09 AM »

BUT THAY WIN GAMES N STUFF!

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 04:52:14 AM »
Here I am another Sunday with a FUCKING RAMS GAME and the Kansas City Chiefs. *gag*

Fuck you Sam Bradford, I appreciate all you did in college, but fuck you. Because of you I have to watch the Rams every weekend.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 04:54:33 AM »

I know Kerry Collins has a torn tendon in his finger and all, but he's playing terrible right now.  Just lost a fumble to go with his interception earlier.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 04:56:02 AM »
Chris Williams should be dragged out into the middle of Michigan avenue and shot.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 04:56:52 AM »

I know Kerry Collins has a torn tendon in his finger and all, but he's playing terrible right now.  Just lost a fumble to go with his interception earlier.

And Kolb gives it right back.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 04:57:43 AM »
Steven Jackson just passed Eric Dickerson as the all-time leading rusher in Rams history

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 04:57:49 AM »
Jay Cutler has been hit on literally every single drop back today.

Offline Hawk 34

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 05:02:15 AM »
Roddy White just made a ridiculous TD reception.   He's murdering Cincy today.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 05:02:37 AM »
Gorgeous TD by Kenny Britt.  He could be great if he didn't keep doing stupid things off the field.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 05:02:55 AM »
Ryan Fitzpatrick with his 2nd TD pass today.

And of course I have to go against him in fantasy. Fucking JHAWK.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 05:03:31 AM »
Roddy White just made a ridiculous TD reception.   He's murdering Cincy today.

And of course it's the week he's going against my fantasy team.  Of course.

Offline Kinetic

• Kinetic
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 05:05:16 AM »
Steven Jackson just passed Eric Dickerson as the all-time leading rusher in Rams history

And the Rams completely gash Tampa on their way down the field for a TD.  We just have no ability to stop the run at all.  An eight man front doesn't mean much when those eight guys suck miserably.