Author Topic: Favorite Hot Sauces  (Read 9227 times)

Description:

Offline Incandenza

Re: Favorite Hot Sauces
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2013, 03:51:28 AM »
Horseradish is the greatest

I want horseradish cheese on everything all the time

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2013, 03:56:24 AM »
Horseradish is the greatest

I want horseradish cheese on everything all the time

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2013, 07:29:14 AM »
I like wasabi horseradish sauce with any pork dish or prime rib.  I can even go with it for steak depending on the type and how it is prepared.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline starvenger

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2013, 06:36:47 AM »
I've been eating a lot of bibimbap lately and now I've an urge to dump Gochujang on random food items.  It's not super hot or anything, but the flavours are great.
Starvenger

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2013, 04:25:25 PM »
Bibimbap is literally the best food.

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2013, 02:45:05 AM »
Gotta find a good bibimpap recipe. I used to work right by a korean bbq place with amazing bibimpap. Miss those days.

Don't know if anyone has tried any of the halal food from the well known cart on 56th St and 3rd Ave in NYC. But they make a pretty good hot sauce from scratch. You gotta make sure they don't douse it all over the food though, because it's really spicy. Gotta see if they'd sell it by the bottle next time.

Offline Epic for the Summer

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2013, 02:47:31 AM »
Gotta find a good bibimpap recipe. I used to work right by a korean bbq place with amazing bibimpap. Miss those days.

Don't know if anyone has tried any of the halal food from the well known cart on 56th St and 3rd Ave in NYC. But they make a pretty good hot sauce from scratch. You gotta make sure they don't douse it all over the food though, because it's really spicy. Gotta see if they'd sell it by the bottle next time.

I have had the famous halal and it's amazing. You mixed up the address a bit though. It's on 53rd and 6th.

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2013, 02:51:25 AM »
Haha yeah, I always mix up the address. All I remember is that it's right in front of MoMA. You're right - 53rd & 6th. Been going there for 9-10 years and I still can't get it right. My fave spot for late night food for sure.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2013, 04:38:34 AM »

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »
I like how you made it your own. I live right by an asian food market, so kimchi will be easy to find but i'll try the saurkraut version too. Will also probably use quinoa, to avoid rice. I'm also avoiding pork. So I'll try it with chicken the first time. Man I sound like a huge puss right now. But yeah, this recipe looks ridiculous so I'll eventually try it. Fucking bacon!

Picked up a bottle of Sriracha today and doused it on otherwise boring rotisserie turkey breast.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
With the quinoa and chicken, give it maybe a latin edge. Chiles, calabcita, some beans...

The egg and spice would still fit in, or hell, if you're by an asian market, go traditional. Taking "foreign" foods and remixing them with the northern/eastern european ingredients is kinda my thing.

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
I'm Puerto Rican so there's always a ton of ingredients around I can use to give meals a latin flavor. That's not a bad idea at all. I'm not really experimental with my cooking, but I should be. Although since I've been avoiding rice (and a lot of other carbs), red meat, and dairy lately, I've been forced to mix it up and it's been fun so far.

Will definitely try three styles of bibimbap in the next few weeks.

Definitely also want to look for a hot sauce that has great flavor but is lower in sodium than the average bottle.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2013, 05:18:19 PM »
Oh man, go full bore puerto rican on it. Sofrito, chicken, plantains a couple different ways...maybe do like a mofongo base instead of the rice or noodles, then drop some spicy crab and bacalao in there with some veg.

Mofongo. That's been on my to-do list for a while

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2013, 01:01:57 AM »
Dig the sofrito idea for sure. I have jars of homemade sofrito in the freezer. The bacalao is a good idea as well.

I was actually planning on making mofongo today. I personally like shrimp mofongo, and churasco mofongo the best. The shrimp mofongo is best al ajillo, while the others are best with the salsa criolla, imo.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2013, 08:13:54 AM »
HORRIBLE NEWS EVERYONE:

It’s a dark day for chiliheads: after weeks of uncertainty, a Los Angeles county judge has ordered Huy Fong Foods, the company that makes Sriracha, to cease all odour-producing operations. The order comes after residents of Irwindale, the city where the sauce is made, filed a lawsuit claiming that noxious chili fumes were causing migraines, heartburn and involuntary crying, and basically making it miserable to be outdoors. Judge Robert O’Brien called the factory’s fumes “extremely annoying, irritating and offensive to the senses” and urged the company to “make changes immediately in its site operations reducing odours and the potential for odours.”

It’s not entirely clear what the order means in the short-term for Huy Fong, which finished grinding up chilis for next year’s hot-sauce supply earlier in the month and has now moved on to the potentially less smelly mixing and bottling stages. In the long term, the company is facing an end-of-days scenario if it can’t reign in its fumes. Part of the problem seems to be the mysterious nature of the chili vapours, which are apparently strong enough to cause bloody noses miles away, but gentle enough to have zero effect on visiting CNN reporters who held their faces directly above the factory’s air vents. The lawsuit goes to trial in a few months; in the meantime, hot sauce lovers may want to consider stocking up.

Offline DCH

• The Every Night Delight
  • The Every Night Delight
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 05:15:42 AM »

Offline starvenger

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 10:37:11 AM »
So basically, a bunch of filters over the smokestacks, some vanilla-scented diffusers, bob's your uncle.
Starvenger

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2015, 03:52:18 PM »

Frank's Red Hot Sauces

This seems like something from Idiocracy. Granny's twerkin, Granny's swearin', Granny's on Tinder. I just bought five pounds of wings to cook up for the AFC/NFC Championship Games and I was gonna buy some Frank's Red Hot but after seeing these commercials on Smackdown!, I'm not sure.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2015, 03:23:25 AM »
I prefer Cholula to Tapatio as my "go-to" hot sauce for mexican food.

Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2015, 07:23:01 AM »
I have Cholula and Sriacha on tap at all times at home, depending on what I am eating.  Some make sense, some aren't as conventional (I love Cholula on Tuna Casserole).

Recently I picked up some Tappey's Red Devil, as it was fairly cheap and I was making some chicken.  Not as hot as my liking but decent enough flavor.  Put it on the eggs I made myself this morning, worked out.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline starvenger

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2015, 11:27:23 PM »
I'm failing to see where putting any type of hot sauce on stuff does not make sense...
Starvenger

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg

Offline Star Ocean 3

• Star Ocean 2
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »
I feel bad for the guy who originally made Sriracha. He never registered the name for trademark and now there are knockoff sauces calling themselves Sriracha everywhere.