Author Topic: The Recepie Thread  (Read 1234 times)

Description:

Offline Lord of The Curry

The Recepie Thread
« on: April 19, 2009, 03:16:38 AM »
Whether it be a copy and paste job or something of your own, this is the place to ask for them and give them. Today, I will be asking:

So I'm planning on attempting meatballs tonight with my linguine and sauce. I've got the ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs and seasoning. Is there anything else I'll need? Also, any tips for those versed in the world of meatballs?

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
The Recepie Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »
Why did you spell recipe like that?

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Lord of The Curry

The Recepie Thread
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 07:03:23 AM »
I fail to see how my spelling error deals with meatballs.

Offline 👓bigolsmitty👓

• the whole thing is tainted with the memory of the farts
  • stares Trick Daddily
The Recepie Thread
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 06:03:34 AM »
Your mom deal with meatballs.
All of my opinions have been thought out as a result of discourse with other people.

Offline CanadianGuitarist

The Recepie Thread
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 11:36:24 PM »
My kickass chili - I no longer have a Susie Green attachment to keeping it secret.

* One pound ground beef
* One green pepper
* Ten strips bacon
* Six breakfast sausages
* One can Kidney beans
* One can tomato soup
* Half-can tomato sauce
* One cup hot sauce
* One cup barbecue sauce
* Half-can beer
* Packet of chili powder

Fry and drain the ground beef. While it's frying, microwave the bacon and sausage. I suppose you don't need to if it's pre-cooked, I just always have. You should more than enough time to cook the bacon/sausage and mince them, along with the green peppers, while the beef is frying.

Put the first five items in a slowcooker. Once in, take the latter six items and mix them all together in a separate bowl, then pour over the meats/beans/peppers.

Variables - VX could probably shed some light on the merit of ale vs. lager vs. pilsener, I've always used whatever beer I had in the fridge. For ease of use, I like the Maple Leaf pre-cooked bacon/sausage. I accidentally bought maple-flavoured sausages instead of the regular, and it was a pretty nice accident.
I like to mince the first four items so they're penultimately about the same size as the ground beef - very fine, but YMMV. I also think I'd like to try making my own chili powder instead of Club House, but I'm happy with the storebought stuff for now.

Offline Vitamin X

The Recepie Thread
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 06:28:04 AM »
I'd since lost that recipe long ago since TSM periodically wipes your PMs, apparently, so I'm glad to see you posted it, CG. I think my only complaint with that chili is that it's almost a bit too tomatoey, but the beer does make things good. Don't use a lager, pilsner and fuck you if you waste a good stout or porter on this. The best thing to use is ale. I think I used Arrogant Bastard or Dead Guy the couple times I've made this. Also, I had to cut the recipe in half because apparently my crockpot is not as big as CG's.

Offline CanadianGuitarist

The Recepie Thread
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 09:56:53 AM »
I should point out to not use a full can of beer. Use half. I know it's tempting, but use half.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
The Recepie Thread
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »
Welll here's the way I usually make Chili....

This is meant to fill up a slow cooker/crock pot

1 pound of ground meat
1 Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
2 tbp black pepper
2 tbp salt
2 cans green chilles(for me I use the fire roasted ones)
1 can diced jalepenos
1 can kidney beans
2 8oz cans of tomato paste
1 lb of bacon
2 tbp of chili powder
1 tbp of cumin
2 tbp garlic
1 tbp cayenne pepper
1 bottle of a lager(if your crock pot is too full you can cut it to half a bottle)

So, cook the ground meat, drain it.  Cut the bacon strips lengthwise into three strips, cook the Bacon, about halfway, so it is greasy but not brown yet.  Then throw everything in a crock pot, mix it around pretty well, and sit back and let the aroma fill your house, as you get hungry taking it in.

In a few hours(I usually wait 5 or so) you have some kickass chili!!!
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
The Recepie Thread
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »
Stuffed Bell Peppers:

Use the Bell Peppers of your liking.  I use Green & Red for this meal.

I will use ingredients need to make 8 servings(4 peppers sliced in half)

4 Bell Peppers (color of your choice) Slice them, de-seed, de-membrane.

1 lb of ground meat, browned and drained.

1 up of rice, cooked till it is soft, (what type of rice is really up to you as well)

2 8oz cans of tomato paste

1 package of mozzerella cheese(can be substituded with parmesean)

So, basically once the peppers are ready, lay the halves down on a cookie sheet or baking sheet, open half side up, scoop in the rice first, then the ground meat, then spread the tomato paste over the top.

No here is where you have an option.

If you are like me and like your peppers a little softer, cook them in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes before applying the cheese. Then take them out, apply the cheese, and set your oven to broil, sprinkle cheese over the peppers, and broil until the cheese is melted and starts to get golden sports.

If you prefer a more crispy pepper, then apply the cheese right off the bat and bake on 350 for 25 minutes.

Use the middle rack for the baking, top rack for broiling.

Enjoy!!!
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com