Author Topic: January Talk: TSM does... something of something... PPV names. 2011.  (Read 25454 times)

Description:

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
I've been drinking. Happy New YeaR!

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
January Talk: TSM does... something of something... PPV names. 2011.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 08:10:40 PM »
January Talk: TSM discusses Genesis from now, from this moment, this'll be the thread, starting now, of the Royal Ramble Rumble

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 08:59:19 PM »
KOFI 4 RUMBLE WINNAH

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 09:32:39 PM »
January Talk: TSM discusses Genesis from now, from this moment, this'll be the thread, starting now, of the Royal Ramble Rumble

YES

Offline KingPK

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 02:47:27 AM »
TSM Talk: The Genesis version of WWF Royal Rumble was vastly superior to the SNES version.

Offline #sorrynotsorry

• still fly
  • #bae
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 02:59:53 AM »
TSM Talk: The Genesis version of WWF Royal Rumble was vastly superior to the SNES version.

Genesis version didn't have Yokozuna. Needless to say I was disappointed.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 03:01:55 AM »
Genesis also had the stench of Hulkamania. I was much happier with Crush as a replacement (I think he was the replacement) for the SNES.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb

Online Gary

• The Cabinet of Numinous Song
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 03:44:26 AM »
I had a Genesis, and both the "Monday Night Raw" and "Royal Rumble" games. "Raw" was so much better.

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 03:58:21 AM »
I had a Genesis, and both the "Monday Night Raw" and "Royal Rumble" games. "Raw" was so much better.

Mega Moves was where it was at. Raw was pretty much the exact same game with a few more match modes, and I think they varied the movesets a bit more. Rumble on Genesis was cool though since it has Hulk Hogan and Rick Martel (but at the cost of losing Ric Flair!)

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 04:18:25 AM »
I don't recall it ever being on a console, but WrestleFest always held a dear spot in my heart as far as old school games go. An older cousin of mine worked in an arcade and his manager would let the cousin my age and I play for free (gave us the key to open the machines and hit the trigger that the tokens did) as long as it wasn't a popular game like Mortal Kombat or whatever, I'd play WrestleFest for hours.

Offline Rock Star From Mars

• (atticus Chaos)
  • (atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 08:36:51 AM »
Nikki as the rumble winner can't be any worse than Edge, I suppose.

Offline AlaskanHero

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »
I remember playing Royal Rumble's Royal Rumble for hours, trying to eliminate every character as soon as they entered the ring. I succeeded once. But yeah, Raw was definitely the better game. To this day, I still remember only Owen's sharpshooter could win by submission and not Bret's.

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »

From June 1982

Bob Backlund is pretty bad here. Someone apparently forgot to tell Gordon Solie that it was the "World Wrestling Federation" by this point.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 06:15:24 PM »
Something worth checking out right now if you have Galavision is the AAA show this week, since its the second part of their last big ppv show on there. This ends up being a hell of a show. Last week was Zorro/Wagner title match and a wild tag title ladder match that saw Hernandez take some of the most dangerous bumps I've ever seen him a part of.

This weeks show, thats on now for the next two hours (replays Sunday at 5pm ET I think), is a wild cage match, a few good surprise returns, and a hell of a match between LA Park/Mesias. A really bloody Park gets basically completely unmasked for halfway through the match when Mesias ripped the mask far too much. Fuckin wild crowd too.

Probably can find the whole ppv on Youtube too, it was Guerra de Titanes

• KOAB
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 06:26:51 PM »
tonight in the UFC, the Brazilian Batista basically pimped slap someone for 15 minutes, dominated them, broke their nose, and put them out for a year probably.

Gentleman, this is what the modern day kings, vikings, magical pimp warriors, etc. look like.

Offline Scroby

• Low rent Indy Referee
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 09:59:15 PM »
Something worth checking out right now if you have Galavision is the AAA show this week, since its the second part of their last big ppv show on there. This ends up being a hell of a show. Last week was Zorro/Wagner title match and a wild tag title ladder match that saw Hernandez take some of the most dangerous bumps I've ever seen him a part of.

This weeks show, thats on now for the next two hours (replays Sunday at 5pm ET I think), is a wild cage match, a few good surprise returns, and a hell of a match between LA Park/Mesias. A really bloody Park gets basically completely unmasked for halfway through the match when Mesias ripped the mask far too much. Fuckin wild crowd too.

Watching the cage match now. I had no idea Damian 666 was in AAA. Also I do love the clown tag team.
WRONG! I'm perfectly sane everyone else however is insane and is trying to steal my magic bag.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 04:07:14 AM »
Nikki as the rumble winner can't be any worse than Edge, I suppose.
Well, Nikki is p. awesome, and Edge is p. sucky, so...

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
    • RedJed's Rasslin' Rants - Only on YouTube! The latest in the wild and wacky world of pro wrestling!!
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 05:22:19 AM »

Watching the cage match now. I had no idea Damian 666 was in AAA. Also I do love the clown tag team.

Their loss in that match was significant since they were doing a no loss streak since they first were brought into the company almost two years ago, if not longer. They are definitely fun to watch, big men doing alot of the typical lucha spots that you really dont see that often from guys that size.

AAA in general right now is actually not bad. There's chaotic brawling often, alot of blood and hardcore stuff, heated storylines, etc.

Offline Scroby

• Low rent Indy Referee
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 07:53:28 AM »

Their loss in that match was significant since they were doing a no loss streak since they first were brought into the company almost two years ago, if not longer. They are definitely fun to watch, big men doing alot of the typical lucha spots that you really dont see that often from guys that size.

AAA in general right now is actually not bad. There's chaotic brawling often, alot of blood and hardcore stuff, heated storylines, etc.

Who was the guy that showed up at the end of the cage match to help Damian's team? I didn't recognize him.
WRONG! I'm perfectly sane everyone else however is insane and is trying to steal my magic bag.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 08:00:56 AM »

Who was the guy that showed up at the end of the cage match to help Damian's team? I didn't recognize him.

Perro Aguayo Jr, he's the leader of the whole Perros Del Mal group that they are all apart of. The groups have their own seperate organization as well, so its kind of a pseudo-invasion angle of sorts when they brought all of those guys in (Halloween, Super Crazy, Damien, etc).

Charley Manson also showed back up on that show too to join Cibernetico's tweener group, he hadnt been in AAA for a year or two.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »
Anyone know of any good wrestling torrent sites other than pwtorrents which is not accepting registrations right now?

Offline Mildly Threatening Damon

• They wanna be my bitch so bad that they fetch Frisbees.
  • Dangerous Damon
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 08:51:42 AM »
tonight in the UFC, the Brazilian Batista basically pimped slap someone for 15 minutes, dominated them, broke their nose, and put them out for a year probably.

Gentleman, this is what the modern day kings, vikings, magical pimp warriors, etc. look like.

Don't forget the tremendous drum solo he had before he proceeded to go back to bitch slapping Vera.

• KOAB
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
In a just world they'd be a tag team and he'd be doing the drum solo while Batista is calling for the spotlight.

Offline AntiLeaf33

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
Anyone know of any good wrestling torrent sites other than pwtorrents which is not accepting registrations right now?

I use http://xtremewrestlingtorrents.net

Offline pochorenella

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 03:12:26 AM »

I use http://xtremewrestlingtorrents.net
Seconded.
You Wanted The Best, You GOT THE  BEST! THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD!! KISS!!!!

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 04:09:49 AM »
The New York Times published an article on Sunday announcing that the new season of "Tough Enough" will premiere on the USA Network on Monday, April 4th - the night after WrestleMania.

The new "Tough Enough" will air on Monday nights at 8:00 p.m. EST, right before WWE RAW, creating a three-hour block of WWE programming on USA.

Tough Enough will feature 12 men and women competing for a one-year WWE contract. At this time, there's been no word about a cash prize for the show's winner.

WWE's executive TV producer Kevin Dunn says WWE hopes the show will draw in new viewers who will stick around for WWE RAW.

“It’s a way to bring eyeballs to the WWE product that wouldn’t necessarily watch a live event wrestling show.”

Dunn told the New York Times that USA has been interested in Tough Enough for years and wants to add more "unscripted" programming to its schedule.

Quote from: Guest#4779 (Guest) on January 03, 2011 at 08:51 AM
Once again WWE copies TNA by regulary running 3 hours of wrestling in one night.

Online Gary

• The Cabinet of Numinous Song
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »
lol damn you vince.

"go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The Fuck Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse"

• (atticus Chaos)
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 10:45:24 AM »
Miz is so cool he even managed to win over Angry Demon Miz Girl.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »
That's actually kinda adorable.

I was just watching a bit of this week's SuperStars and FUCK Josh Mathews for shitting on Scott Stanford's Halloween Havoc 1993 reference.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 10:56:04 AM »
Way to break kayfabe there Angry Miz Girl. I'm sure that's the last time she's brought in. Doesn't she know you can't smile, just ask Paul London.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• (atticus Chaos)
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 11:00:21 AM »
Miz Girl just doesn't respect the business.

Offline oldskool

• DO IT with your female best friend ROCKAPELLA
  • CXF Writer
  • oldskool
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »
Keep smilin, kid.

Is it just me or is that girl freakishly tall for her age?

Offline fazzle

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »
I just enjoy Melina and Maryse hamming it up in the background.

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »
Superstars was really good this past week, with Regal and David Hart Smith putting on a really nice match.  Chris Masters match wasn't half bad either, but the guy they have working with Striker for the Smackdown! portion is pretty bad.  I like the Stanford guy because he brings a more professional tone of voice to the broadcast like Gordon Solie, but this other guy doesn't really get much of what happens in ring.  Striker basically had to assume play-by-play duties during the broadcast when he wasn't being asked dumb questions like "did a guy ever work over one of your body parts in the ring, Matt?"

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 01:13:39 PM »
Miz Girl just doesn't respect the business.

That's only because wrestling has really gone downhill.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 01:19:04 PM »
Superstars was really good this past week, with Regal and David Hart Smith putting on a really nice match.  Chris Masters match wasn't half bad either, but the guy they have working with Striker for the Smackdown! portion is pretty bad.  I like the Stanford guy because he brings a more professional tone of voice to the broadcast like Gordon Solie, but this other guy doesn't really get much of what happens in ring.  Striker basically had to assume play-by-play duties during the broadcast when he wasn't being asked dumb questions like "did a guy ever work over one of your body parts in the ring, Matt?"
Is the other guy Jack Korpella? If it is, then yes, he is terrible!

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
Is the other guy Jack Korpella? If it is, then yes, he is terrible!

Yeah that seems about right.  They've got something in Stanford, but this other guy needs to be cut loose.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 02:26:29 PM »
What's in Riley's briefcase? Crackers?

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »
These reports Alex hands in.  It's almost as if he has no business training at all.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »
Did he get the memo about the new cover sheets the Miz is using?

Offline BorneAgain

• One Cocky Cracka
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2011, 03:21:19 PM »

Just excellent.

Offline devo

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 04:17:17 PM »
Oh man, I didn't even think about the Lion King parallel the first time I saw that. Brilliant.

Offline fisticuffs

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
When is Skip Sheffield supposed to be ready to come back?

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
Brock Edward Lesnar
yes it is true everything is true I AM COMING BACK TO THE WWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His Facebook - Supposedly FB confirmed its really him.

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »
If true, that's pretty awesome.  However, I fear that if it's him and if he's returning that he's going to get jobbed out.