Author Topic: :: SKYRIM :: The Elder Scrolls V (11.11.11)  (Read 30266 times)

Description:

Offline jimmy no nose

Re: :: SKYRIM :: The Elder Scrolls V (11.11.11)
« Reply #400 on: February 14, 2012, 08:06:41 AM »
I didn't realize how incredibly easy it is to level up by pickpocketing.  I just went from around a 50 to an 85 in pickpocketing and up a good 4 levels just wandering around taking necklaces and rings off of people.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #401 on: February 15, 2012, 03:12:44 AM »
So that fan-made Russian mod/expansion for Oblivion titled "Andoran" is being converted for Skyrim and the Creation Engine:

Looks insane!
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
Shadows on grass available (PC)
Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
Improved visual transition when going underwater
Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
BUG FIXES

General crash fixes and memory optimizations
Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions

1.5 coming soon! Lydia is now a marriage candidate, plus new kill cams!

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #403 on: March 23, 2012, 07:23:39 AM »
The patch was submitted to consoles this week so expect within the next 14 days. It's also still in beta on PC, but should be live soon.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #404 on: April 04, 2012, 04:38:13 AM »
Someone modded the SOA patch into the game:

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #405 on: April 05, 2012, 04:57:13 AM »
1.5 should now be live on consoles (in North America, at least).

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #406 on: April 05, 2012, 05:19:36 AM »
Holy shit! Definitely a mod to watch for if you play the PC version:

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #407 on: April 10, 2012, 03:29:04 AM »
Really getting into the Creation Kit for PC lately. I'm surprised at how simple it is to use. Well, not that it's easy (there's a lot to remember and a lot of tools to use) but the simplicity of how you just drop the pieces into the cell window to create a level, line them all up, save it as a plugin and then load it via Data Files when you launch the game.

Right now I'm trying to create a player house for Winterhold. I want to build it into the side of the icy mountain, but I haven't figured out how to actually have it a place that you can walk to in the game world. I'm sure I'll get there soon, but right now the only way I am getting to my created levels is via the "coc" console command that teleports you to a given area.

Either way, really fun (and time consuming stuff). Once I get the level stuff down pat I'm going to try my hand at designing new/original armor using Blender. Anyone else messing with this stuff? Thoth?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2012, 02:05:55 AM »
Alright, so I figured out how to "world hookup" the levels. It was actually the last tutorial in the video series that Bethesda put out.

So I spent a good chunk of free time last night designing the entrance to "Winterhold Keep." Winterhold is one area I always wished there was a player home in so I figured I would make that my first project. I've seen a few on the Workshop already bit I wanted to try for something a bit different. The idea is to make it a "keep" literally buried in the mountains just north of the city and College of Winterhold. The entrance will be a unassuming cave that leads to a long cavern with a single locked door at the end. From there the entire keep will sprawl out several levels into the mountain itself.

Basic layout/areas:
-cavern
-entrance
-main hall
-dining hall complete with tavern/bar and singing bard (also, kitchen in the back)
-merchant quarter
-armory with blacksmiths
-training quarter
-living quarters
-temple & tombs
-library
-enchanting and alchemy labs
-beastmaster if I can figure it out (thinking dog companions, or maybe importing another mod that lets you use wolves and bears as animal companions)

So far I've created the main entrance and cavern as well as the first room behind the door - which is pretty much a smaller stone hallway with a Talos statue and another door that will lead to the main hall.

I also went through a few tutorials on how to make new NPCs - including followers and merchants - so I think I will populate the keep with a whole shit load of NPCs who have various functions (merchants, fighters, mages, etc). It's pretty awesome how they have all of these AI and dialogue packages that you can just create a merchant and pick his/her voice and they will pretty much use whatever dialogue that comes up for generic merchant talk. You can also create your own dialogue and record your own voiceovers and import them. Maybe one day.. ;)

I want this to pretty much be Winterfell buried inside of a mountain. I will take some screenshots and post them tonight and then post more as I complete more of the keep. This shit is surprisingly fun and addictive..

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »
A few screenshots of the cavern and entrance..

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #410 on: April 12, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »
That's pretty neat.

Kinect integration coming via an official patch:
http://kotaku.com/5901342/kinect-integration-for-skyrim-lets-you-scream-dragon-shouts-and-more

Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #411 on: April 17, 2012, 03:56:22 AM »
Holy hell creating this castle in a mountain is taking a lot longer than I expected. To go along with the above, I've added:

-the main hall/throne room (might make this bigger, still)
-tavern
-kitchen

Those last two alone have taken forever. So many little details with the item "clutter" - ie: placing plates, pots, pans, food, etc. Mapping out where NPCs can walk and can sit down. I think for the rest of this I will just do the basic layouts and then get into the nitty gritty afterward. Screenshots later. :)

Offline Broward

• THUGBUTT CHEATERS
« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2012, 07:58:31 AM »
So my GM is giving me his copy of Skyrim to fuck around with for a little while. After everyone's play thru's, what are some quick tips / class ideas y'all can pass on?

Offline Conspiracy_Victim

• MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING!
« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
Well there's no real classes, just skill trees you advance.  You can Max out smithing (and if you have the soul stones, enchanting) really early which kinda kills the whole danger elements when you're running around in enchanted ebony or dragon armor for most of the game.  Other than that, things improve as you use them so really it all depends on what style of character you play as.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »
You'll get points and you can put them in whatever "tree" you want.

Archery, Stealth, 1h, 2h, Heavy Armor, Light Armor, different schools of magic that do different things. Your character levels up after you level these different things x times. If you cast fireball alot your destruction magic goes up, if you wear heavy armor and take damage in it, your heavy armor goes up, so you can wear heavy armor and sling spells if you want. or run around in Wizard Robes and swing a 2h weapon. The more you use, or craft specific items the more proficient you become with them, but you could have Light Armor at 100, and put all your points in other shit, if you so wanted.

One thing you might want to do is not put points in anything until you've leveled a bit, just to figure out how you want to play the game. I tossed some points into a Magic School that I thought I'd use more, but when I got to like level 10, never used it again and couldn't get those points back. I mean if you are FOR SURE going to be a stealthy style player then go ahead and put points into Light Armor, Sneak, and so forth, most people I talked to planned to play one way and found once they got into the game they liked doing something different and, again, wasted points in. One thing you might consider early on is throwing a point or two into the Restoration tree if only for the ability to heal yourself without so much of a mana drain.

And like CV said, smithing tends to make the whole game super easy because you take nearly no damage with the higher end armors.

Offline muzzington

« Reply #415 on: April 25, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »

Unfortunately this won't be going ahead due to legal reasons, but the video is awesome anyway.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #416 on: April 26, 2012, 01:14:48 AM »

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #417 on: May 01, 2012, 05:26:42 AM »

Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3.

Oh wonderful, more 360 exclusivity. It would figure that I would have the two versions of the game who get shafted for DLC..

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #418 on: May 01, 2012, 05:54:00 AM »
It's only a timed exclusive. X-box gets it first but it'll come out for the rest later. Doesn't bother me, let the Xbox players play it and see if it's worth buying when it's out for PC.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline jimmy no nose

« Reply #419 on: May 02, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
That's pretty neat.

Kinect integration coming via an official patch:
http://kotaku.com/5901342/kinect-integration-for-skyrim-lets-you-scream-dragon-shouts-and-more
Played with this for a few minutes today.  It's actually really awesome and surprisingly easy to use.  Probably the best any game has done with Kinect features.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #420 on: May 03, 2012, 03:49:44 AM »
Now that makes me wish I had the X-box version.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #421 on: May 24, 2012, 07:17:54 AM »
Anyone still playing? I've taken a break from the Creation Kit to focus on some other games, but my Winterhold Keep should be finished eventually..

Anyway, update 1.6 is coming and it has mounted combat!!

Quote from: Bethblog.com
While we can’t share details on Dawnguard yet, we’re excited to announce another new feature making its way into the game… Mounted Combat! Like the recently added Kinect support (360) and new kill cameras, this highly-requested feature that was teased in the Skyrim Game Jam video is arriving by way of a free title update. In fact, by opting into the latest Steam Beta Update, PC users can check out the feature today.

As we have more details on the update – including when it will arrives on consoles – we’ll let you know.

Read the current 1.6 release notes below…

1.6 Update (all platforms unless specified)

NEW FEATURES
Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse

BUG FIXES
General stability and memory optimizations
General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
Fixed rare crash with lighting
Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory
Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a county after committing a crime
Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled  (Xbox 360)
Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled  (Xbox 360)
Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled  (Xbox 360)
DOWNLOADING THE BETA UPDATE ON STEAM

If you’d like to download the 1.6 Beta Update on Steam, you’ll need to follow these steps:

Click on Steam in the upper menu
Select Settings
Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
Select OK.
Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
If you opt into the Beta, be sure to back up your saved games or simply be careful not to overwrite your existing saves. If you decide to opt out of the beta program, your old saves will still work with the current release of Skyrim on Steam (v 1.5).

If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs. Let Steam restart, and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #422 on: May 25, 2012, 07:21:13 AM »

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #423 on: May 25, 2012, 11:21:49 AM »
I'm going to jump back in and finish my first playthrough in not too long.  I stopped at around 70 hours, still having barely touched the main quest.  Definitely feeling a jonesing to finish that up.  Then I'll probably wait for Dawnguard before starting a 2nd character.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »
I nearly died laughing when I saw this. This was a shot from a long ways away, as well,  and wasn't aimed very well. Looks like I got it right in target, on a way. ;)

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #425 on: May 26, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »
Probably gonna finish my first playthrough when the expansion hits. I lost interest after getting the 2nd best armor (the, uh, black one) since it makes you invincible. Might ditch that and just get some crappy stuff to make things interesting. I haven't even touched the main quest nor the civil war storyline.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #426 on: May 28, 2012, 06:39:50 AM »
So some French modders are making an MMO mod for Skyrim.. still pretty glitchy, but I'm impressed they've taken it this far..

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/27/skyrim-online-mmo-ish-mod-gaining-momentum/

Skyrim Online isn't really an MMO. Heck, it's not even a fully functioning mod yet, nor will it ever be officially supported. It's pretty cool, though, particularly given that its aim is to enable co-op play within the sprawling world of Bethesda's latest Elder Scrolls epic.

When we first heard of the mod last winter, it was pretty rough, with other players displaying as inanimate prisoner NPCs sans any clothing or armor. Now, though, the devs have managed to add some armor, basic run and walk animations, and general chat. There's still a lot left to do, including a party system, trading, AI synchronization, and PvP.

!

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #427 on: May 31, 2012, 02:03:38 AM »

Looking like a solid pack.

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:13 PM »
Read on Joystiq that Dawnguard is tenatively scheduled to release on June 26th.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2012, 07:26:43 AM »
Soooo my fucking HDD crashed on my PC and I lost it ALL. I had cloud sync turned off on Steam and my saves are gone.. I don't really care too much as replaying the game is something I was going to do anyway.. but I lost all of my creation kit files. :( No more Winterhold Keep! FUCK!

Offline Thoth

• Curleh Mustache~
« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2012, 08:00:29 AM »
Soooo my fucking HDD crashed on my PC and I lost it ALL. I had cloud sync turned off on Steam and my saves are gone.. I don't really care too much as replaying the game is something I was going to do anyway.. but I lost all of my creation kit files. :( No more Winterhold Keep! FUCK!

If it makes you feel better, I run mods that, when swapped out, can potentially corrupt save files that were using them. I've restarted multiple times in the past few months.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #432 on: June 15, 2012, 05:23:51 AM »
Nightingale Armor cosplay. O_O

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #433 on: June 26, 2012, 04:50:42 AM »
Dawnguard DLC is out for all of you 360 owners. Enjoy the latest round of $20 game-breaking glitches that this one introduces (from what I hear: falling through the ground, sneaking no longer working, and pre-dlc savegames either not loading or becoming corrupted).

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2012, 01:17:59 AM »
I've started it up with no problems but have only put in like 10 minutes. Hopefully I can avoid some glitches.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #435 on: June 27, 2012, 07:01:06 AM »
Honestly - it looks neat - and I like the addition of crossbows and the new armors.. but fuck, I really just want the patch (1.6) that paves the way for it on fucking PC & PS3 already.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »
I'm dicking around and everything is so difficult. I'm powershotting enemies with daedric mace and nothing is falling. I'm thinking Bethesda upped the difficulty. But then I checked and I must have upped to master difficulty last time I played months ago. Whoops.

Will have to use tactics now.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #437 on: June 28, 2012, 02:15:47 AM »
Apparently the vampires can raid towns in this DLC. One guy on the Bethesda forums is saying that they've pretty much killed every NPC in a specific town aside from the essentials and the respawning guards.. That sounds annoying.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #438 on: June 28, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
I've seen a few random vampire attacks, so yeah... I'm sure that can happen.

But I currently have an armored troll following me around, and if I get tired of it then there are 2 Vampire hunting dogs waiting for me in Dawnguard Castle who will be happy to join me. That's making me happy.

Offline jimmy no nose

« Reply #439 on: July 05, 2012, 02:48:07 AM »
I had Nazeem in Whiterun get killed by vampires within minutes of starting Dawnguard, but that's it so far.  I guess that's what he gets for always wandering the streets in the middle of the night.  There weren't many vampires, but I could definitely see them taking out a few NPCs at a time.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #440 on: July 05, 2012, 02:52:32 AM »
Nazeem is a prick anyway! "Do you ever get to the cloud district? What am I saying, of course YOU don't..."

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2012, 03:48:37 AM »
Hearthfire announced - out next week on XBL.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/08/28/hearthfire-coming-to-xbox-live-on-september-4th/

With Skyrim’s newest game add-on, Hearthfire, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up – from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter’s workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

Hearthfire releases on Xbox LIVE next week (September 4th) for 400 Microsoft Points.

Looks fun. There are mods that do this but it's cool to have it integrated into the game itself. Can't wait for it to hit PC!

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2012, 04:31:59 AM »
I'm trying to get the "Restore the Thieves Guild to it's Former Glory" trophy.  I sided with the Stormcloaks earlier in the game, and now I'm unable to steal a pitcher from a home in Whiterun because some rubble landed in front of the house it was in.  Can I now kiss this trophy goodbye?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2012, 05:07:14 AM »
Abandon that quest and get another one from Vex or Delvin.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #444 on: September 12, 2012, 05:20:35 AM »
OK.  I'm pretty close to a Platinum and that's one of the last couple trophies I need to get.  I was hoping I didn't screw up beyond repair.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »
Yeah the good thing about those quests is that they are "radiant" so they're always random. You can just walk up to Vex or Delvin and ask to switch to another one if you don't like the one you're on. ;)

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »
Oh, and don't take any Riften ones.  Those don't help.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »
Exactly. You also only need to take jobs from a certain city until you get offered a "special job" for that city from Delvin. Once you get that just concentrate on the other cities an repeat til your guild is decked out.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »
Awesome. Thanks everybody!

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #449 on: September 23, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »
Another Skyrim question.  One of the final trophies I have to get requires getting 15 Daedric Artifacts.  The guy that gives me the quest to get the Masque of Clavicus Vile, a Blacksmith in Falkreath, was killed in a Dragon attack MANY MANY hours ago.  Is there any chance of me still being able to get this item, or do I pretty much have to start over?