Author Topic: :: SKYRIM :: The Elder Scrolls V (11.11.11)  (Read 30239 times)

Description:

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Re: :: SKYRIM :: The Elder Scrolls V (11.11.11)
« Reply #450 on: September 24, 2012, 05:21:32 AM »
I'm not sure about that one.. you may be able to find the dog, Barbas, on your own. He should be just down the road from the western entrance to Falkreath. If you can't get this quest done, though, check the wiki's as there is a way you can get two items from the Hircine quest (Ring of Hircine and Saviour's Hide).

Also:

You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2012, 05:32:13 AM »
Hearthfire is now on Steam.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #452 on: October 05, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »
I'm not sure about that one.. you may be able to find the dog, Barbas, on your own. He should be just down the road from the western entrance to Falkreath. If you can't get this quest done, though, check the wiki's as there is a way you can get two items from the Hircine quest (Ring of Hircine and Saviour's Hide).

Also:

You guys have been very helpful with all the questions I've asked.  However......

Got both Hircine items, and everything else that's acquirable for "Oblivion Walker" except for the stupid fucking bullshit talking dog quest WHICH IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON A RANDOM NPC NOT GETTING KILLED DURING A DRAGON ATTACK! FUCK!  So, after getting everything else, the trophy didn't trigger.

Yea, went to the cave where the Daedra that is tied to the talking dog quest is, and the dog is already crystallized beside the statue.  No chance of being able to get this one, and I'm not about to go through all that shit again.  Especially having to track down that one conjurerer who shows up at random in a bar or inn in any given town.  Oblivion Walker and Level 50 are the only trophies I'm missing and I'm pissed as shit that this random guy was killed by a dragon! 

</rant>

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #453 on: October 05, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »
Which artifacts do you have? You should still be able to get the trophy even if you do miss one of them.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #454 on: October 05, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »
I have Black Star, Ebony Mail, Oghma Infinium, Savior's Hide and Ring of Hircine, Volendrung, Mehrune's Razor, Ebony Blade, Dawn Breaker, Mace of Molag Bal, Ring of Namira, Spellbreaker, Sanguine Rose, Wabbajack and Skull of Corruption.  I guess it could be because  didn't get the Skeleton key during the Thieves Guild storyline.  By my math, that's 15.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #455 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:55 AM »
That is 15, yeah. That's fucking weird. I'd say you definitely got bugged. Which platform are you playing on, again?

Skeleton Key wouldn't matter as it doesn't count (along with the Rueful Axe) toward the trophy/achievement. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Daedric_Quests#Oblivion_Walker

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #456 on: October 11, 2012, 05:34:03 AM »
Playing on PS3. Dont have the skeleton key since I completed the thieves guild questline. Pissed as shit I got screwed on the trophy. Would have been my first platinum.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #457 on: October 11, 2012, 06:49:56 AM »
Yeah that is bizarre man. I did pretty much the same thing as you and received it. The only thing I did differently was taking the Rueful Axe, which apparently doesn't count anyway, instead of the Masque of Clavacus Vile.

What's your PSN ID, btw? Are you on the list in the other thread?

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #458 on: October 11, 2012, 07:31:26 AM »
Haven't thought to add it. Its Nymyzys81. I'll add it over there too.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #459 on: October 16, 2012, 06:05:41 AM »
Quote from: Kotaku
New Skyrim Patch Suggests That DLC Will Bring The Game Back To Morrowind

Skyrim's next DLC could be taking us back to the world of Morrowind, the third game in Bethesda's popular RPG series.

Eagle-eyed Elder Scrolls fans have dug through the files for patch 1.8, which Bethesda released yesterday for PC, and found all sorts of clues that could hint at future content for the game.

One line hints at a return to Solstheim, the Nord colony last seen in the second expansion to Morrowind, Bloodmoon. Other patch files hint at dragon riding (!) and a bunch of other locations in and around Solstheim.

The patch also suggests that the DLC will be named Dragonborn, which was trademarked by Bethesda back in May.

If Dragonborn is really a thing, it would be Skyrim's third piece of downloadable content. Dawnguard and Hearthfire were both released earlier this year.

I've reached out to Bethesda for comment and will update should they respond.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #460 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:42 AM »
Yeah... god I hope not. I only say that because I've sold the game and I'd really want to play that. I'm hoping the rest of the DLC is underwhelming like the first two so I don't regret my decision.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #461 on: October 16, 2012, 06:44:29 AM »
Yeah... god I hope not. I only say that because I've sold the game and I'd really want to play that. I'm hoping the rest of the DLC is underwhelming like the first two so I don't regret my decision.

You didn't like Dawnguard? I found it fun, personally. Plus.. HUSKIES! ;)

Hearthfire I could take or leave, since there are mods that do something similar. But it was only $5. The best part about it is being able to use it's assets for making other mods via the CK.

Also - did you have the 360 or PC edition? I'm still blown away by how much replay value the PC version has. Mostly due to mods.. but also due to how much better it looks and runs. I mean, I had a pretty smooth and lag free experience with my PS3 copy of the game.. but damn if it doesn't look like utter shit compared to the PC version.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #462 on: November 06, 2012, 07:23:06 AM »

Not sure what is with the 360 timed exclusivity on this one.. they were only supposed to have the first two DLC as timed exclusives.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #463 on: November 15, 2012, 07:51:35 AM »
New screens from the Dragonborn DLC:

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #464 on: November 15, 2012, 07:57:35 AM »
How many of you got all the Dragon Priest masks? I have like two, those fuckers are hard to find.

I can't wait for the Dragonborn DLC to come out. I'm going to dust my badass Orc fighter dude off and have a run at Dawnguard and Dragonborn.
Now do I want to put back on my full Dragonbone armor or my badass Daedric heavy armor? Hmmm......

Still the coolest thing that ever happened to me was doing the Dark Brotherhood quest where you have to run across the map all the way back to the hideout. I came in from the North and stood on the rocks above the entrance. It was just now becoming morning and light was poking through the trees. All the people waiting to ambush me saw me standing there and started yelling and then the camera panned around me and played that dark sounding tune as "Death Incarnate" flashed across the screen. I was also wearing full daedric armor so I looked like a badass black iron demond. I proceeded to slaughter all of those fuckers with ease.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline jimmy no nose

« Reply #465 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:37 AM »
I actually collected all of the Dragon Priest masks, without even knowing what they were for.  By the time I learned about the stand you could put them on I had lost one of them.  I definitely remember sticking one of them on a mannequin in my house, but it was gone by the time I went looking for it again.  I think it's a glitch in the game.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #466 on: January 18, 2013, 03:57:09 AM »
All three DLC releases are dropping on PS3 in February. Dragonborn is also coming to PC Feb 5.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/01/18/the-dragonborn-comes-in-february-and-hearthfire-dawnguard-too/

PC and PS3 fans, prepare to cast off. Next month, you will travel to Solstheim, home of Skyrim’s latest add-on, Dragonborn. PS3 fans can expect an expanded itinerary – with stops at Fort Dawnguard and Castle Volkihar – before heading back to the home of your dreams. Details below:

PC: On Tuesday, February 5th, Dragonborn will be available on Steam, including the English, French, Italian, Spanish and German versions of the content.

PlayStation 3: Dragonborn will be the first add-on arriving on PSN in February. Hearthfire will release next, followed by Dawnguard, and all three should be out in February. The 1.8 update will also release, just prior to Dragonborn. We’ll keep you posted as release dates get finalized both on our end and with Sony for each and its various languages. Last but not least, each one will be 50% off during their launch week on PSN.

Over the last year, it’s been a treat for us to work on new content for Skyrim, and we’re excited that it will soon be available for everyone to explore. Thanks for all your support and sharing your adventures with us.

I'm past the point of caring about DLC for the PS3 version as I've since double-dipped on the superior PC version. Glad to finally get Dragonborn, though.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2013, 07:14:09 AM »
Anyone play the new dlc yet? Or is it even out yet?

Offline AntiLeaf33

« Reply #468 on: January 18, 2013, 09:19:29 AM »
Speaking of the PS3 version, does it still have the framerate issue?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
:: SKYRIM :: The Elder Scrolls V (11.11.11)
« Reply #469 on: January 18, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »
Anyone play the new dlc yet? Or is it even out yet?
It's only on 360 right now. I've heard it's pretty massive.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #470 on: January 18, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »
Speaking of the PS3 version, does it still have the framerate issue?
I tried my copy after the most recent patch and it seemed alright. It still looks awful compared to the PC version though. =

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #471 on: January 20, 2013, 02:25:25 AM »
So my fucking roommate traded in his copy for another game, and I didn't know he did. Ugh now I have to rebuy it. I may just wait for a Game of the Year edition with the DLC included. Any word on that?

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #472 on: January 20, 2013, 06:51:33 AM »
Nope.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #473 on: January 27, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »
Dragonborn is available to pre-purchase on Steam now.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #474 on: February 01, 2013, 05:31:59 AM »
Bethesda confirmed the North American release dates for the PS3's long-overdue Skyrim DLC expansions today. Dragonborn is first up on February 12, followed by Hearthfire a week after on February 19, with Dawnguard finishing things up on February 26. Each one will be 50% off during it's respective launch week.

So if I remember the prices for the PC versions correctly, that should only be about $22.50 for all three DLCs.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #475 on: February 01, 2013, 07:10:34 AM »
I'd like to give them a chance but I've long since lost interest in Skyrim.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #476 on: February 01, 2013, 07:34:05 AM »
If everything runs smoothly I'll probably end up dipping on the GOTY edition, whenever that happens (mainly for the trophies.. I know, I know). But as for now, I'm perfectly fine with only playing the PC version.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #477 on: February 02, 2013, 01:28:40 PM »
I sold Skyrim months ago but I'm thinking of borrowing it from a friend so I can play Dragonborn - it looks pretty sweet.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »
Patch 1.8 should be hitting today in preparation for Dragonborn tomorrow.

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #479 on: February 13, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »
So, the only character I played for any length of time (100+ hours) has been an assassin type.  After maxing sneak, though, a lot of the build for the character is done, and I'm just short of level 40.  I love being undetectable and able to 1-hit kill almost any enemy, but it gets a little dull to do that all the time.  What types of builds did you guys enjoy the most?  I'm entertaining the notion of starting fresh with some kind of mage or fighter, and maybe picking up the DLCs.

Offline Damaramu

« Reply #480 on: February 13, 2013, 01:54:15 AM »
I've just played as a fighter type. Even when I try to be something else eventually I become a fighter type. I have little patience and it's easier to just go "Ugh smash!" and hack things to pieces.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #481 on: February 13, 2013, 02:03:33 AM »
Usually a stealth archer. Kind of a sniper I guess. Even when I set out to be something else I always end up using a ton of archery.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #482 on: February 19, 2013, 08:04:41 AM »
Hearthfire drops on PS3 today! 50% off - which makes it $2.50.

Offline Edwin

« Reply #483 on: February 19, 2013, 03:08:23 PM »
I ended up starting a heavy armor sorcerer, based largely on this build, and logged something ridiculous like 9 hours in the past two days.  A very clever way to run both swords and spells and still deal a lot of damage with both, and insanely fun to play.  Much better than the old battlemage I started when I first got the game before bailing and turning him into my stealth-assassin.

I'm going to take him through the parts of the game I never played with my assassin (College, Bards, Companions, Civil War) and then crack into Dragonborn.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2013, 02:45:41 AM »
I made an Argonian Necromancer/Conjurer while also focusing on one handed. Nothing more fun than killing someone then raising him as your minion.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #485 on: February 26, 2013, 08:24:23 AM »
Want:

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #486 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
Also, Dawnguard is now live on PSN -- $10!

Offline Edwin

« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2013, 01:08:56 AM »
I wish the XBox dlc would go on sale along with it, even though it is a little ridiculous to be cheap about a game in which I've already logged 130 hours.

Offline Edwin

« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2013, 01:59:15 PM »
I hit 100 enchanting on that sorcerer build I've been trying out, and with the extra effect perk I now have a sword that does 48 fire and 48 shock damage on top of its physical base. Absurd and mildly overpowered, but obscenely fun.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2013, 02:02:37 PM »
I hit 100 in conjuration on my spellsword character this past weekend. I have also filled out that perk tree.. It is fun as hell having TWO summoned dremora warriors run around killing everything for you. "Another challenger!!" "I smell weakness!!"

Offline Edwin

« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2013, 11:03:15 PM »
That's my next target.  I just bought the dremora lord and storm atronach spells, but it'll probably take me a while to get to 100 since I won't be soul-trapping everything in sight to level enchanting anymore.  Going to bump the difficulty up to Expert or Master soon if these really strong double enchantments prove consistently ridiculous.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #491 on: February 28, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »
I switched to master difficulty for Dawnguard. I died frequently but it made things reasonably difficult again after breaking the game via smithing. I found it to be a wise choice.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #492 on: February 28, 2013, 08:00:57 AM »
Yeah, I try to play on the highest difficulty no matter what now. Even at low levels, once you get enough points in certain trees then you become a damage beast (Archery for example) on low levels.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #493 on: March 01, 2013, 04:49:48 AM »

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #494 on: March 04, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »
PC News: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/04/skyrim-v1-9-beta-live-on-steam-adds-legendary-skills-and-diffic/

The latest version of Skyrim is up and running in beta mode on Steam, available to those who opt-in through their Steam clients now. Aside from various bug fixes, the update adds a new Legendary difficulty mode and the ability to roll skills at level 100 into Legendary status, resetting those skills to level 15 for continued development.

Console versions of Skyrim should get version 1.9 later on this month, the Bethesda Blog says. Last month, the PS3 version of Skyrim was updated to 1.8 and finally started catching up on DLC, culminating in the release of Dawnguard on February 26.

Bug fixes in 1.9...

Spoiler: show
General memory and stability improvements
Fixed issue with quest scripts that were not shutting down properly
Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them
Fixed rare issue where player is unable to learn the Clear Skies shout during “The Throat of the World”
Fixed rare instance where Alduin would become invincible during “Alduin’s Bane”
Fixed a rare issue where player could become stuck in Night Mother’s coffin during “Death Incarnate”
Fixed rare issue where protected companions could be killed from poison damage
Fixed rare issue with certain ash piles left from resurrected NPCs not clearing properly
Fixed rare issue with NPCs and creatures respawning improperly after player fast travels
Fixed rare crash when entering Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
Fixed rare crash when entering a player owned home
Random dragon attacks will no longer occur during “Battle for Whiterun”
Fixed a rare crash when attempting to save your game during “Waking Nightmare”
Fixed issue where “Glory of the Undead” would not start properly if player is in combat with Eorlund Gray-Mane
The white phial is no longer consumed if given to a follower
If player marries Aela, the “Totem of Hircine” quest will be available
Unused briar hearts can be dropped after finishing “The White Phial”
Fixed issue with paying off a crime against the Companions that prevented player from getting Companions quests properly
Thieves Guild caches are now properly enabled in the appropriate cities
The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern’s Potion
Cragslane Cave properly resets if player receives a radiant quest to clear it out
Fixed rare issue with bounty quest objectives not properly clearing after completion
Gallus’ Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild
In “No Stone Unturned” Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest
Vekel the Man now gives rewards for completing “Toying with The Dead”
Fixed rare issue with being unable to turn in stolen items in “The Litany of Larceny”
Fixed issue with followers becoming over-encumbered after being repeatedly rehired
Fixed rare issue with visiting Kynesgrove on horseback not progressing “A Blade in the Dark” properly
Fixed issue with receiving a duplicate radiant quest from a Jarl
Fixed conflict with clearing Driftshade Sanctuary before starting “Trouble in Skyrim”
Fixed issue with using shouts while in jail and having guards unlock the jail cell
Fixed rare issue with quest NPCs not properly moving to quest locations
Fixed issue with NPCs not selling master level spells
Fixed rare issue where player gets control locked outside the Thalmor Embassy at the start of “Diplomatic Immunity”
Fixed rare issue with disappearing containers after upgrades in player owned house
Fixed issue with being erroneously attacked while as a werewolf during “Ill Met By Moonlight”
The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks
Locked door to Proudspire Manor can now be unlocked by proper key
Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
Fixed a rare issue where the player would be unable to learn a word after leaving for several days during “The Way of The Voice”
The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved
The Purity perk no longer requires the Experimenter perk
Fixed rare instance where Lovers Comfort would not be applied properly
If you approach Frostmere Crypt from the north, “The Pale Lady” will start properly
Fixed rare issue where player could be prevented from speaking with Atub to start “The Cursed Tribe”
Fixed rare issue where a dragon could appear in the Mind of a Madman realm and kill the player
Fixed instance where player could get stuck in Japhet’s Folly
Fixed rare instances where Arngeir would not teach Worldwind Sprint
Fixed issue with “Ill Met By Moonlight” if Sinding dies before the quest starts
Gharol can now properly train up to level 75
Fixed conflict with visiting The Karthspire before starting “Alduin’s Wall”
Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
Recruited Blades now have appropriate dialogue while at Sky Haven Temple
Fixed rare issue where an incorrect dungeon could appear as a location during “Totems of Hircine”
Fixed rare instance in “Fetch me that Book” where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized
Fixed rare issue with traveling to Thalmor Embassy with companions during “Diplomatic Immunity”
Fixed issues with Matching Set perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
Fixed issues with Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in “Time of My Need”
Fixed rare issue with swinging door becoming stuck and blocking an entrance in Volunruud
Imperial Light Armor can now be crafted
Fixed issue with “Vald’s Debt” where Vald was not leveled properly
Fixed issue with Vilkas not giving proper greeting after completing “Battle for Whiterun”
Fixed issue with respawning actors that were raised by using the Ritual Stone power
Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly
The Palace of Kings now has patrolling guards on upper floors
Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf
Pantea’s flute is no longer a quest item after completing “Pantea’s Flute”
Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again
Adjusted dialogue priority to improve chances of hearing more combat dialogue from certain NPC enemies
Fixed issue with falling damage on high difficulty levels
Fixed bad collision on certain clutter objects
Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #495 on: March 06, 2013, 07:00:33 AM »
Skyrim is on sale for $39 on Steam.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #496 on: May 02, 2013, 04:45:06 AM »
No more dlc.. :(

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/04/15/moving-to-our-next-adventure/

Also, if anyone was waiting for a compiled release, the "Legendary" edition will be coming out on June 4 for PC, PS3 & 360:

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/04/25/legendary-release/

Coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on June 4th for $59.99 (European territories will see its release on June 7th), this package includes the most up-to-date version of the original game (employing the 1.9 title update),as well as the game’s three add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #497 on: November 27, 2013, 04:37:23 AM »
Well I just grabbed the Legendary edition on the steam sale, so what're the must have mods for this baby?

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
« Reply #498 on: November 27, 2013, 04:47:17 AM »
Macho Man Dragons.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #499 on: November 27, 2013, 04:48:52 AM »
so what're the must have mods for this baby?