Author Topic: :: SKYRIM :: The Elder Scrolls V (11.11.11)  (Read 30248 times)

Description:

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Re: :: SKYRIM :: The Elder Scrolls V (11.11.11)
« Reply #500 on: November 27, 2013, 07:23:37 AM »
Well I just grabbed the Legendary edition on the steam sale, so what're the must have mods for this baby?
Complete or Unique followers is a really good one. It basically lets you have up to 4 followers at once and you can also control their behaviours and inventory at a deeper level.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline The Real FFMS

« Reply #501 on: November 27, 2013, 11:46:39 PM »
Granted I don't have much time for videogames but I've been playing this since March of 2012 and Im only level 36

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #503 on: November 28, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »
Well I just grabbed the Legendary edition on the steam sale, so what're the must have mods for this baby?
Whatever ones do this:
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #504 on: December 09, 2013, 05:09:34 AM »
BY THE NINE! Pre-ordered myself a late x-mas present for Q2 2014: http://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=128

Gaming Heads is proud to present the first in a new line of The Elder Scrolls® Shrine Series, the Shrine of Talos from The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim®. The shrine depicits Talos standing powerfully upon a giant serpent, about to deal the death blow. At 1/6 scale, he measures approximately 14 inches tall, including the base. Cast in high quality poly-stone, the statue is hand-finished and hand-painted. Working with the official in-game assets has allowed Gaming Heads to accurately recreate the Shrine to Talos perfectly in the real world.

Talos, once known as Tiber Septim and Heir to the Seat of Sundered Kings, is the greatest hero-god of Mankind. He is worshiped throughout the land as the protector and patron of just rulership and civil society. Tiber Septim conquered all of Tamriel and began the Third Era, as well the Third Empire. Upon his death, he ascended to godhood as the God of War and Man. Worshipping at his shrine has been known to grant the Blessing of Talos and cure all common diseases.

The statue includes deluxe, full-color packaging, a hand numbered base, and a certificate of authenticity which allows you to purchase the same model number in future releases in The Elder Scrolls Shrine Series.

Limited to 750 pieces worldwide.

As this is a new series, low numbers will be given on a first come first served basis.

Offline muzzington

« Reply #505 on: December 16, 2013, 04:45:01 PM »

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #506 on: April 02, 2014, 03:08:57 AM »

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #507 on: May 16, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »
Oh god I just got this game a few days ago and I'm in serious trouble with how addictive it is. And there's so much to do it's overwhelming...and I read about people who have leveled up to like 200+

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #508 on: January 05, 2015, 04:37:45 AM »
Forgot to update this, but I got my Talos statue a few months ago. It's pretty fucking awesome!

Malacath statue pre-orders are up, btw: http://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=159

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #509 on: January 05, 2015, 06:00:30 AM »
I love this game so much. I have like almost 400 hours in the one save I've done and I only just got around to finishing the main storyline... I still have to get all The Daedric stuff to finish up. I got way to addicted to leveling up. I think I'm somewhere in the low 100's. I'll go back to it at somepoint and get the Dragonwhatever expansion at the least. I spent an insane amount of time building a house.

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
« Reply #510 on: November 20, 2015, 09:03:14 AM »
I just wanted to bump this thread because I hooked up my 360 again in order to easily stream the WWE Network and Netflix and wound up loading up my last save.  I think this is either a terrible idea, or a great idea.

It's going to be snowing a lot in the next day or so...so maybe playing Skyrim will just add to the atmosphere.  Maybe I'll Shout a few times while shoveling snow tomorrow afternoon, and treat my metal shovel as a battle axe a couple of times.

....And, I got my house carl killed due to that Solitude drinking quest with the Daedric dude of debauchery thing.  The one where the you get the staff that summons a draemora or whatever.  I wanted to explore an area further after the quest, and went in there without much worry, since it was labeled as being cleared.  This was a big mistake, as I ran into a bunch of pissed off necormancers.  I must have killed my companion when I shouted in the general direction of the bad guys.  I felt so bad I didn't even take away the armor I made for them. I took the Elven bow that I had crafted, though.  But, I just couldn't leave them to rot in their underwear.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #511 on: November 20, 2015, 02:05:44 PM »
I must have killed my companion when I shouted in the general direction of the bad guys.  I felt so bad I didn't even take away the armor I made for them. I took the Elven bow that I had crafted, though.  But, I just couldn't leave them to rot in their underwear.

LOL! I killed some of my followers accidently because I was so overpowered when I was swinging my axe around I onehit killed them. I had no problem stripping them down. Shouldn't have gotten in my way.

Skyrim is probably my favourite game. I need to get the Dragonborn addon and get back into at some point. I can't remember for sure what I was leveled up to. Somewhere around 120 maybe?

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #512 on: February 02, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
I got back into this after medium talked about it and got the Dragonborn and Dawnguard addons. I started a new game because I didn't want to have it too easy. I'm up around level 48 now and I finished the Dawnguard main storyline, which was alright but I felt like it turned into a bit of a slog near the end (I love Auriel's Bow though). I started the early bit of Dragonborn and it looks pretty great but I'm going to take a break (I say this now...).

I always sit down and say I'll play for an hour and look up and its like 6 hours later. I can get sucked into just grinding shit and exploring. I don't remember being addicted to a game like this other than way back as a teenager to some of the turn-based games like Civ2/MasterofOrion2/BirthofTheFederation and even then I dunno.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #513 on: June 07, 2016, 01:22:01 AM »
https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/07/bethesda-e3-2016-skyrim-remaster-prey-evil-within-rumours/

Skyrim is due for release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, according to multiple reports from industry insiders. The re-release will bring updated visuals, include all previously released DLC as well as the addition of mod support.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #514 on: June 07, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »
I seriously fucking hate this generation of consoles.

I didn't buy a new system just so I could play the same fucking games over again with a *slightly* shinier new coat of paint.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #515 on: June 07, 2016, 11:22:38 AM »
Fuck it, this is the one remaster I've been waiting for. Day one buy for me.

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #516 on: June 07, 2016, 12:31:16 PM »
I get the dislike of updates for most stuff but with Skyrim I'd consider it worth it.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #517 on: June 08, 2016, 01:58:19 AM »
IMO, if the game is worthy of an upgrade, I'm all for it. IE: GTAV, DS2. Something like Saints Row IV did not need a remaster, but whatever.. no one is forcing you to double dip on these games, and these ports are rarely handled by the core dev teams, so it's not like it's taking away from wheels turning on new projects.

Anyway, more fuel for the rumor mill: http://www.base.com/buy/product/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-the-definitive-edition-ps4/dgc-skyps4.htm

Potential release date of Nov 23.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #518 on: June 08, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »
The remasters are being done by SOMEBODY that could be working on something original, even if it's not necessarily a game in whatever series they're remastering, and they're definitely using up money that could be used for something else.   So while I get the "they're not impeding development on a new project" line of thinking, I don't agree with it.   It's just fucking ridiculous to look at what has been/is being remastered/re-released so far this generation.

Skyrim, Dead Rising (rumored), Master Chief Collection, Uncharted Collection, Devil May Cry 4, DmC: Devil May Cry, Call of Duty 4, Arkham Asylum, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, The Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs, GTA 5, Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Dishonored, God of War 3, Resident Evil, Deadpool, Darksiders 2, Fucking Prototype and Prototype 2.   That's not even counting remakes of older games which is more acceptable because there's more actual work and less lazy bullshit money grab going on with them, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some as well.  It's just absolutely nuts that these keep coming out and people keep spending money on them.

I stopped writing GADD for CXF for a reason, and while "HD" remakes aren't the main cause, they're certainly a bright shining example.   There's just nothing exciting going on in gaming right now IMO.   There's literally *one* upcoming game right now that I'm actually hyped for, Persona 5, and it isn't coming out until next year.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #519 on: June 08, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »
To each their own, but.. Well, they sell. So, obviously there is a demand and a market for them.

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
« Reply #521 on: June 09, 2016, 03:57:21 AM »
Gamers Against Drunk Driving?
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #522 on: June 12, 2016, 01:38:32 PM »
Skyrim: Special Edition is official.  October 28th with remastered graphics and mods on console.  I never got the DLC so if it's like $40 for everything I'll probably get it.

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #523 on: June 12, 2016, 01:52:24 PM »
I'm sure it'll be $60 at launch.  We'll see how I feel when it comes out--Skyrim's amazing, but it's a game I already gave over 150 hours and last played as recently as three years ago.  A full remake of an older Elder Scrolls game would have been a little more appealing.  Or, y'know, some tease of a new one.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #524 on: June 12, 2016, 01:56:29 PM »
Can I get a "screaming E3 lady announcer pack" to go on top of Skyremaster?    I might buy it then.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #525 on: June 13, 2016, 01:20:14 AM »
So the Special Edition is free for people who own the previous version on Steam. Sadly, not the same on consoles - but I can understand why as they're completely different platforms (PS3 to PS4, 360 to XBO). That being said, the game looks phenomenal when compared to the last get consoles. I've bought this game 3 times (PS3 launch, PC Steam, PS3 Legendary - though it was free via trade-ins) already and I'm not ashamed to do a quad-dip. I mean, this isn't a shock - I was the one who wrote a post on CXF about why I wanted a Skyrim re-master for consoles. Wish granted, I suppose. ;)

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #526 on: June 13, 2016, 03:12:57 AM »
So, I just put in a pre-order via Amazon and got 20% off due to an E3 promotion. :)

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #527 on: February 22, 2017, 09:08:20 AM »
Just picked this up off the PS Store and having fun with it. Up to Level 9 mostly via running myself silly and beating up wolves/rats. Don't quite have the ability/capability to defeat some of the stuff that's starting to appear more, which is annoying: Mammoths/Giants and Master Vamps (a Rescue mission from the Companions) at the moment.

Also those Cultists are annoying as hell and kill me pretty quickly. Got lucky at Riften as the guards killed them pronto for me.

- Picked up the Transmute Ore book that CWM was telling me about it. Still not quite sure how the Magicka/Forging/Smithing stuff works tbh.
- Picked up 2 of the Dragonborn Roars at the High Hgorath (sp?) place. Avoided a Yeti/Troll because it glitched and got stuck standing in space beside the rock face it was on, lirl.
- Been clearing out some areas of bandits mostly by accident after discovering the areas as I run from place to place. One example being the Mistwatch tower area, which I completed en route to Riften (only to learn I didn't have enough gold to pay face changing woman).

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #528 on: February 22, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »
It's not that hard:

Anywhere you go you should be finding ores, soulgems, plants, and of course armour/weapons/jewelry all of it will let you level up fast, an example:

2 iron ore get converted into 1 silver ore, 2 silver ore into 1 gold ore iirc. then you  smelt gold into actual bars. Every time you cast the spell you are leveling up one of your magicka. You can make then silver or gold rings (leveling smithing) and sell them (leveling speech), or first go to a enchanting station and use a soul gem to put an enchantment on it leveling that then sell it.

Smithing you can level up to max in almost no time just by buying/finding hide/leather and iron cheap and making the basic stuff and selling them. You can also level Alchemy up super fast. Just go around to the alchemy stores and buy up their supplies of ingredients and experiment with creating potions (or look up online what will make uou the most if you're like i was) and you can spam it like nuts, get to legendary, then start all over. I leveled Alchemy and BLock up to 100 and back more times than i can remember.

Block is another one you can spam btw. Just find a wolf or a mud-crab somewhere where there are no other creatures and if you have a shield ora 2handed weapon block where your back is against a wall or something like that. They'll keep coming at you but cant get past your block. I'd read a book while holding the block button.

None of this is essential you can probably level up without grinding but I enjoyed it because it let me explore the world a lot. A few recommendation I would make though:

Save the main storylines (The dragon and civil war) for as long as possible. The real joy of the game is the side story. I don't ever even start the Civil War until I am forced to until I need to forward the storyline (not because its bad).

Talk to everyone, and don't just stick to the main roads or fast travel with the carriages. You have to explore everything and back track because the game is crammed with hidden shit that isnt even on the official in game map. I've found stuff on replay that I didn't find after 300 hours of play.

Smithing and enchanting are worth level up fully because you can make more powerful equipment then you will ever be able to buy or find. I've been able to craft some shit that is almost game breakingly awesome.

The DLC is really fun if you like the game. Hearthfire lets you build your own mansions, adopt kids, etc and its perfect for people like me who like to get lost in world building shit. Dawnguard adds Vampire quest stuff and can make the early game harder with the random vampire attacks but has some fun missions and really good added weapons.  Dragonborn is the best though because you can ride Dragons. You also get a ton of new Shouts, some cool new powers (the option to not harm your followers with your own attacks anymore was useful to me as a runaway train), and a lot of cool adventuring.

you can plot out how high you need to level up to make your ideal character with this http://ca.ign.com/wikis/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/Skill_Builder

• Poster of the Year
  • CWM
« Reply #529 on: February 22, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
I can talk about this game for hours...

Offline New-New-New England Order

• NXT Guy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • KingPK
« Reply #530 on: February 25, 2017, 12:50:36 PM »
I don't know what it is, but I got the special edition and I just can't get into it at all.  I put about 70-ish hours into the original, but I just don't feel like the combat holds up at all.  Plus, it seems like I'm not finding better stuff more often than I did when I played the original, just the same stuff.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #531 on: June 13, 2017, 01:46:29 AM »
Reposting this because for whatever reason it was moved into a catch all E3 thread.....

Also: https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/12/skyrim-is-coming-to-the-psvr-after-all/

Unfortunately, there's no word on when the game will actually be released.