Author Topic: Fast Food Burger Shootout  (Read 44919 times)

Description:

Offline Incandenza

Fast Food Burger Shootout
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2011, 07:38:54 AM »
You can get a pretty decent guac burger at Ted’s Montana Grill, for those of you with access to that chain.

I’m surprised Whataburger hasn’t got into the guac game. Or maybe they have and I missed it. It wasn’t until recently that I learned you can get fresh, sliced jalapenos as a topping. Sooooo good.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2011, 07:43:24 AM »
Best burger I've ever eaten is this fast food place by the black barbershop I went to as a kid. The burger has avocado, diced up banana peppers, black peppered bacon, grilled onions, and it's all on a big ass thick beef patty. It's called The Californian King and it's 7.25 just for the Burger alone but it's so worth it.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2011, 07:43:46 AM »
Wow, that sucks.

Yeah. I used to eat guac by the pound and then all of a sudden I started feeling super nauseous if I even had a little on a taco or a sandwich :(

Offline Star Ocean 3

• Star Ocean 2
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2011, 07:46:56 AM »
You liberal snob bitch... the BK version is really good though since having it a hour ago I've taken a massive dump.

Liberal what? I'm an Ochlocrat. I used to love BK but they've really fallen off the map lately.

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2011, 07:48:11 AM »
Byron, I was about to tell you that you should go to Whataburger and get some jalapenos on that bitch, but I just learned Gainesville has no Whataburgers!

• KOAB
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2011, 07:49:29 AM »
Food allergies out of f'n nowhere suck so much. I've become lactose intolerant just three weeks ago and I miss all the cheese I used to have.

Offline Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »
I'm lactose intolerant but I don't give a fuck and just eat that shit anyway.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

• KOAB
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2011, 08:00:25 AM »
I can't or else I get really sick.

• Admin
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2011, 08:05:48 AM »
I just get one massive shit and it's all good. Can't have any of that stuff when out in public though.

damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2011, 08:14:09 AM »
The frozen white castle burgers are decent, but they are pretty expensive.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »
About the price of White Castle sliders, they're like 80 cents each. I can't even White Castle anymore, though. You need to prepare and get ready for the consequences and I'm not up to it anymore.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2011, 08:29:22 AM »
Byron, I was about to tell you that you should go to Whataburger and get some jalapenos on that bitch, but I just learned Gainesville has no Whataburgers!

I know! wtf

Offline CanadianGuitarist

« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2011, 05:40:40 PM »
I don't know if you folks in America have The Ringer Whopper, but in Canada the commercial for it features a girl who had been in nothing but a series of cellphone ads for years. The first time I saw the commercial I expected her to tell me about her new Rogers phone and how Todd was totally road trippin'.

I saw this, if I'm not mistaken, on your Facebook last week. One of the broads from that oh-so-funky fivesome of people we were to believe were college-aged, but were, like 26? I haven't seen the commercial yet. Is it the bitch who demanded her guy let her use his phone in the movie theatre line so she could update her Facebook status? What's she gonna possibly say? "Rogers girl is....waiting in line for a movie!".

Actually, I went on such a tirade a number of times last summer, and since I always phrased it similarly to the above, I was often reminded of "I am waiting for a bus!"

Anyway, was it her? Consider The Ringer Whopper my lunch this Thursday. Harvey's has a similar one now, too.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2011, 01:09:54 AM »
I couldn't find that specific commercial but I believe she was the one throwing the fit, if memory serves. Here's the BK commercial, then some random Rogers commercial I could find:

Offline CanadianChris

• Retired.
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2011, 02:02:16 AM »
We finally got a Five Guys here.  Blew away any other fast food burger I've ever had.  The only problem was having to wait 10 minutes for my order because the place was just packed.

Offline CanadianGuitarist

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2011, 04:49:43 AM »
I couldn't find that specific commercial but I believe she was the one throwing the fit, if memory serves. Here's the BK commercial, then some random Rogers commercial I could find:

Yeah, that's her alright. Guhhhhhhhhh.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2011, 12:05:36 AM »
I haven't had Five Guys in a while. There's one about 6 blocks from where I live, but I don't like paying so much for the food. To save money, never order the large fries. I've noticed that you're only paying for the cup. They fill the cup, put it in a paper bag and then put more fries in the bag. No need to pay extra for a larger cup. And I love that you get free peanuts while waiting for your burger. That's awesome to me.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2011, 01:49:05 AM »
THERE'S A WHATABURGER IN NEWPORT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES ROCK HARD COCK SPRAYING GOLDEN ANGELIC TRIUMPH CUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2011, 02:35:14 AM »
GET SOME JALAPENOS ON IT!

Offline DMann1979

• That's a Shame
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2011, 09:04:51 AM »
I had me some Five Guys earlier this week.  Yes it is a pricey meal, but I learned from the first time that a Little Cheeseburger, is still a decent 1/4 Pounder.  And those regular fries are more than enough for one, hell if you're eating with a friend you only need order 1 reg fries and split it.

I don't know which I prefer, Five Guys vs Smashburger.  Both are damn fine.  Pricey but very much worth it when you want a real damn good burger.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

• Death Pool Winner
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2011, 02:06:47 PM »

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »
I'm still waiting for the Michael Gross burger franchise, "Grossburgers".

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
They now have Bacon McDoubles. They're selling 'em as part of the 2 for $3.33 deal with the large fries that they do with the Filet o Fish during Lent. They're about exactly what you'd expect.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Had Five Guys today for lunch for the first time in a long time. That shit was awesome.

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »
There is a Five Guys here in Edmonton, but that means driving to the other side of the city into Sherwood Park.

• Admin
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2011, 12:03:57 PM »
Had Five Guys today for lunch for the first time in a long time. That shit was awesome.

I had it the other day and ate way too many fries. Way too many.

Offline Joyful & Soyful

• brock lock
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »
I don't live anywhere near a Five Guys, In-And-Out Burger, What-A-Burger, or Chicken Fil-A.

• Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2011, 04:50:31 AM »

I had it the other day and ate way too many fries. Way too many.

I always tell people, never order the large fries. You're only paying for the cup since they fill up the entire bag anyway.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2011, 08:41:57 AM »
Decided to try the California Whopper on a whim, didn't really taste much different than a standard whopper, the guacamole seemed to get buried under other stuff, especially the mayo, so if ya wanna taste the guac better ya should prob get it sans mayo.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2011, 08:45:25 AM »
I saw an ad for the California Whopper that seemed more content on saying it had onions and tomatoes (don't they all), except these are tossed in the air first, than anything else to set it apart. Swiss cheese was mentioned too, but the guacamole seemed like an afterthought mention.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
Decided to try the California Whopper on a whim, didn't really taste much different than a standard whopper, the guacamole seemed to get buried under other stuff, especially the mayo, so if ya wanna taste the guac better ya should prob get it sans mayo.

I got some BK coupons in the mail and tried one of these the other day.  Thoroughly underwhelming.  For something with bacon, swiss cheese and guacamole it had no flavor at all.  It needed jalapenos or jalapeno swiss or something.  I don't even know if it had onions on it.  The mayo was a terrible touch, wish I'd known to ask for no mayo.  Had no expectations for the guac, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it wasn't anything I'd ever want again.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »
like, comparatively, the guac at Subway was much better, and it wasn't particularly good either

Online Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »
Is shake shack the bees knees?

Offline Marie I

• FLAM
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2011, 12:13:18 PM »
Haven't been to Shake Shack but a lot of my college classmates loved it. I went to school near one, although I've never actually seen it. I was a vegetarian for a while but I've had 5 Guys for the very first time several weeks ago (amazing) and Shake Shack is next on my list.

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
I finally tried Five Guys. Good, but a bit disappointing. Everyone said their burgers are huge. Eh. I come from Hardees country.

Offline Star Ocean 3

• Star Ocean 2
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2011, 03:33:06 AM »
I got some BK coupons in the mail and tried one of these the other day.  Thoroughly underwhelming.  For something with bacon, swiss cheese and guacamole it had no flavor at all.  It needed jalapenos or jalapeno swiss or something.  I don't even know if it had onions on it.  The mayo was a terrible touch, wish I'd known to ask for no mayo.  Had no expectations for the guac, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it wasn't anything I'd ever want again.

Whatever, liberal.

Something that's always irked me about Wendy's has just been brought to my attention. Every one I've been to has the drink station behind the counter, so you have to ask for a refill. Are they all like that? If they have free refills why do they not just let us do it ourselves like every other restaurant?

Online Winter Epicland

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2011, 03:48:35 AM »
Is shake shack the bees knees?

It's good but expensive. There's one right across from my job. I went there back in May and spent $15 on a burger, fries, and ice cream.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2011, 03:49:06 AM »
Do McDonalds and BK still have free refills? The manager at the one near where I went to school in Vermont was Nazi-ish about people grabbing more fountain drinks. It costs the restaurant like 0.02 cents. There's no need to get red faced, screaming at some 11 year old for taking a third Sprite.

They made up for it with the night they had 35 cents cheeseburgers in honor of their 35th anniversary. Good times. Good times.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2011, 04:01:53 AM »

Whatever, liberal.

Something that's always irked me about Wendy's has just been brought to my attention. Every one I've been to has the drink station behind the counter, so you have to ask for a refill. Are they all like that? If they have free refills why do they not just let us do it ourselves like every other restaurant?

The last time I went inside a Wendy's, which was probably more than five years ago, the drink machine was not behind the counter.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2011, 05:43:34 AM »

Whatever, liberal.

The last time I went inside a Wendy's, which was probably more than five years ago, the drink machine was not behind the counter.

The one near me the drinks are just to the left of where you order. You just have a backwoods Wendy's.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2011, 06:20:42 AM »
Sorry to say that you're describing exactly where the drink machine was in my backwoods Wendy's.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2011, 06:43:30 AM »
I finally tried Five Guys. Good, but a bit disappointing. Everyone said their burgers are huge. Eh. I come from Hardees country.

I think the double patties are too much.  Five Guys is almost a rip off because they give you so much that you can't even eat it all, which IMO doesn't justify the ELEVEN+ dollar price tag for a burger, fries, and a soda.  Yeah, I'd rather have Hardee's too.

Online Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2011, 06:56:15 AM »
You know I never really noticed the drink machine placement at Wendy's but it actually varies in my experience. I'd say more than half the time it's behind the counter for some reason.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2011, 07:00:28 AM »
What an enlightening discussion

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »
I haven't had a Hardee's burger in ages, but I remember them—as well as any of their other non-breakfast items—being pretty disgusting.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2011, 07:14:30 AM »
Hardee's has improved tenfold in the last decade.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2011, 07:26:08 AM »
Anyone try the new Wendy's burger? I guess it was alright, tasted really salty though.

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »
Is Red Robin too non-fast foody for this thread?  It is technically a restaurant but known for their array of  burgers.

What about a place like Fudruckers?
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Vitamin X

« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2011, 08:50:39 AM »
Fuddruckers is better than almost every place mentioned in this thread, and comparable in price to a place like Five Guys, which I think is still inferior to In N Out, particularly for the value.

Offline Incandenza

« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »
A few years ago, I went to a Fuddruckers for the first time since I was a kid. I thought it was garbage. I recall liking it when I was young, but I liked all sorts of shit back then.