Author Topic: DCH's General Wrestling News  (Read 2363 times)

Description:

Offline DCH

• The Every Night Delight
DCH's General Wrestling News
« on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »
24th April 2009 - The following newsletter I believe is from the WON (Not sure):
- Former WWE star Gene Snitsky was spotted hanging out with TNA talent at a bar following Sunday's Lockdown pay-per-view in Philadelphia. He was also backstage at the show earlier in the night, and it is believed that he was looking for work. However, the odds are against it happening.

- Last week's episode of TNA iMPACT! drew a 1.28 cable rating and 1.7 million viewers, slightly down from the record levels of the prior weeks. The show did a 0.78 in Males 18-34 and 1.08 in Males 35-49, and was the highest rated show in Males 18-49 on cable television from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

In the segment-by-segment numbers, an X Division match between Chris Sabin, Tetsuya Naito and Homicide gained 133,000 viewers early in the show. Madison Rayne, Angelina Love and Velvet Sky vs. Taylor Wilde, Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed gained 106,000 viewers. The ratings for the Team 3D promo, their encounter with Spike Dudley & Balls Mahoney, and the Abyss & Daffney vs. Cody Deaner & ODB match stayed even. The segment featuring Mick Foley interviewing Cactus Jack and his confrontation with Sting gained 133,000 viewers to draw the show's peak rating at a 1.40. An angle featuring Beer Money, Inc. beating up Spike Dudley and Balls Mahoney lost 80,000 viewers.a TNA Knockouts Tag Team match, The Beautiful People - Angelina Love The main event pitting Kurt Angle against Christopher Daniels - and aftermath - lost 106,000 viewers to draw a show-low 1.26 quarter hour rating.

- WWE's reaction to Bobby Lashley signing with TNA was pretty much a non-issue. Most within the company expected Lashley to eventually sign with TNA, and officials feel that it won't help TNA or hurt WWE in any way. As far as the UFC goes, Lashley's association with TNA has pretty much killed any chance Lashley had with the company in the near future. UFC President Dana White doesn't want any association with Pro Wrestling at this time as he and the UFC continue to build the brand.

- On the WWE Greatest Stars of the 90s DVD, there is an error in the Ric Flair chapter. When Flair wins the 1992 Royal Rumble, they show the date as "Royal Rumble - January 24, 1993". The correct date was January 19, 1992 in Albany, NY.

- Current TNA Knockout Christy Hemme released her debut digital EP this week, called Where Are You. The leadoff single is "Don't Give Up". "We are so excited to release a sound that continues to evolve as we strengthen and grow as a band," says Hemme. "This is just the beginning! It is so fitting that "Don't Give Up" is the first song released, because it has been such a winding road up to this point. As a band, this was the song that we played and it kept us going, kept our heads up, and wouldn't let us stop believing in what we know we have to give from our hearts through our music." The 4-track EP is currently available for download on iTunes. For more info, check out Christy's MySpace.com page at www.myspace.com/hemmepowered

- Frankie Kazarian is now expected to be back in the ring next month. It is expected that he will once again take over the Suicide character when he returns. Daniels will continue to work double duty until he makes his return.

- Here are the RAW quarter hour ratings from Monday night:

* 9:00 - 3.70 (Jericho/Steamboat/Cena Interview)
* 9:15 - 3.31 (Batista vs. Chavo/Shane Talks With Batista)
* 9:30 - 3.71 (Kane vs. CM Punk,Santino/Santina/Beth Phoenix Interview)
* 9:45 - 3.48 (Beth Phoenix vs. Melina, Shane Talks With HHH)
* 10:00 - 4.04 (John Cena vs. Chris Jericho)
* 10:15 - 4.03 (Edge Beat Down of Cena, Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show)
* 10:30 - 3.67 (Superstars Video Recap, Legacy Talks)
* 10:45 - 3.82 (HHH vs. Randy Orton)
* Overrun - 4.26 (HHH vs. Randy Orton Finish)

- Chris Jericho and his wife Jessica were seen arriving at the Anvil! The Story Of Anvil premiere in Los Angeles this past Tuesday.

- Tuesday's edition of ECW on Sci-Fi scored a 1.22 cable rating.

- Happy birthday to WWE World Heavyweight champion John Cena, who turns 32 years old yesterday.

- Taz, who is rumored to debut with TNA Wrestling very shortly, will be appearing at the "Legends Of The Ring VIII" convention later this month (5/30) along with TNA stars Sting and Kurt Angle. The convention, which will be held at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Monroe, New Jersey, and will also feature appearances by Eric Bischoff, Lex Luger, Pat Patterson and Konnan. For more info, visit LegendsoftheRing.com.

- Last week's episode of Friday Night Smackdown was tied for the No. 7 rated network television show in Hispanic English-language homes.

- WWE Hall of Famer and former Chicago Bears football player William "The Refrigerator" Perry, 46, is currently hospitalized in serious condition in South Carolina. He was admitted more than a week ago as a result of complications from Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a chronic inflammation disorder of the peripheral nerves. He is expected to recover. Perry was inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame in 2006 due to WrestleMania being in Chicago. He was one of several football players to take part in the Battle Royal at WrestleMania 2.

- Cryme Tyme and Mickie James will be signing autographs this Saturday at 5:00 p.m. at COX Communications, located at 400 Bad Hill Road in Warwick, Rhode Island.

- Former NWA and ECW champion Terry Funk will be returning to the ring on September 19th for the Wisconsin independent promotion Heavy on Wrestling. Funk will wrestler Arik Cannon. Ric Flair will be the special referee for the match.

- The Youngstown Vindicator is currently running an article on Kurt Angle, hyping the TNA house show in the area. He discusses the schedule, burning out and getting too old for the business. You can check out the full article at www.vindy.com/

- Mick Foley posted a new blog on his MySpace page about winning the TNA Title and some vignettes that have been taped for iMPACT!: Hello everybody from the new TNA champion. I never thought I'd be saying my name and "champion" in the same sentence, unless of course there was a "former" in front of it. Thanks for all of the support and positive messages from so many of you, and even the guy who wrote the long analysis of why I needed to add more offensive moves to my arsenal probably meant well, even if he needs to understand that these days, just getting out of bed in the morning is a major offensive move. I know there is no way to make everyone happy, and from what I've gathered, not everyone is, but the best I could hope for is to work hard and hope that I was happy with the match. And I was. Actually, I was thrilled with it. I didn't have much chance to rest though, as I drove back to Long Island with J.B. and Vince Russo right after the show, in order to document a day at home with the new champion. I think you will enjoy the vignettes - keep in mind that none of them were scripted, and J.B. was just rolling tape and recording things as they went down. For example, that really is my massage therapist Jessica that you will see on Impact. She's a wonderful and inspirational woman, a blind orphan from Vietnam who has managed to raise three children on her own.

- Paul London and Amazing Red were scheduled to debut as a tag team at Tuesday's iMPACT! taping, but a deal fell through on London's side. It's being said London wanted more money than they were willing to offer, although it should also be noted that he pulled out of some scheduled independent bookings this past weekend, citing a back injury. However, TNA officials weren't aware of any injury when he canceled the appearance. Whatever the case may be, they were not happy with how he handled things and he is no longer expected to debut in the company.

There was talk of using several different wrestlers including Sonjay Dutt as Amazing Red's tag partner, but based on last night's spoilers, they're using a wrestler already on the roster.

- There was a rumor going around that Mike DiBiase, son of the Million Dollar Man and brother to RAW star Ted Jr. and WWE developmental talent Brett DiBiase, was going to be called up to WWE's main roster soon. The rumor came from Mike on his verified official MySpace page. For what it's worth, since then the entire MySpace account has been deleted. Mike, 31 years of age, isn't currently an official member of WWE's developmental roster but has trained in the past with WWE Hall of Famer Harley Race. Mike has also held numerous titles on the independent scene but not too many talents make it to WWE's main roster these days without going through FCW first. So for now, take it for what it's worth - a rumor.

- In addition to WWE asking Ric Flair to make a full-time return and take on the role as the new General Manager of Smackdown, WWE also talked about giving Dusty Rhodes the role as Stephanie McMahon spoke with him about the possibility. They ended up going with the decision to have Teddy Long return to his previous role as GM of Smackdown, have his assistant Tiffany take over as the interim GM of ECW and move Vickie Guerrero over to Raw as the new GM of that brand. The belief is that Rhodes may not have been interested in taking on the role as one of the reasons he got off the writing team was because he didn't like to travel at his age and size and preferred to work out of Tampa with developmental talent instead at Florida Championship Wrestling.

- Bret Hart's autobiography is scheduled to be released in paperback in the United States on November 4. It should also be noted that the autobiography was released on April 2 in the UK and was slated to debut at No. 5 on the Sunday Times best seller list. The book was said to be a major seller in Canada, but didn't do as well in the US peaking at No. 18 and falling off the charts rather quickly reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The book still did decent with no WWE TV hype behind it and actually beat out many WWE releases. However, the only publicity for the book in the US was Hart going on a book tour and doing interviews with various wrestling media that got very little mainstream coverage. Hart is headed to the UK for another book tour right now.

- Here is an updated list of WWE departures in 2009. So far this year, WWE has parted ways with a total of 20 wrestlers, not to mention 11 notable employees behind the scenes.

Main Roster Departures
» Bam Neely
» Boogeyman
» D-Lo Brown
» Gavin Spears
» Hardcore Holly
» John Bradshaw Layfield
» Kizarny
» Manu
» Ron Simmons
» Ryan Braddock
» Scotty Goldman
» Tazz
» Tyson Tomko (?)
» Val Venis
» Victoria

Developmental Departures
» Hade Vansen
» Kaleb O'Neal
» Kevin Thorn
» Mike Kruel
» Saylor James

Miscellaneous Departures
» Afa Anoa'i, Sr. (talent consultant)
» Freddie Prinze, Jr. (creative team writer)
» Jim Korderas (referee)
» John Carle (creative team writer)
» Kevin Keenan (referee)
» Matt Cappotelli (on company payroll)
» Mickie Henson (referee)
» Mike Posey (referee)
» Sgt. Slaughter (producer)
» "Superstar" Billy Graham (consultant)
» Tim White (producer)

The company also laid off 50 office employees or so at the start of the year in an overriding effort to reduce $20 million in operating expenses.

Regarding cuts in the near future, World Wrestling Entertainment will report their 2009 first quarter results two weeks from now with Vince McMahon hosting a conference call. A lot of jobs will likely be on the line based on the results of the report, so that should be the time to be on the lookout for the next possible wave of talent cuts.

It doesn't look like the next earnings reports will be anything for WWE to crow about as pay-per-view buys - the company's key revenue source - are at their worst levels in years. Will history repeat itself? Two years ago following a lackluster earnings report, WWE soon parted ways with 9 wrestlers or so within a span of a few weeks including Scotty 2 Hotty, Too Cold Scorpio, Shelly Martinez, Mitch of the Spirit Squad, and the wrestler now known as Angelina Love in TNA Wrestling, Angel Williams.

Not including the infamous December to Dismember pay-per-view, last year's Armageddon event was the least watched WWE pay-per-view since the December 1996 In Your House pay-per-view headlined by "Psycho" Sid vs. Bret Hart. This year's Royal Rumble drew its worst figure in 12 years, drawing an estimated 446,000 buys worldwide, with 268,000 of those coming from North America - down from 575,000 worldwide and 379,000 domestic last year (23% decline overall). The buyrate for February's No Way Out pay-per-view was also subpar, drawing 164,000 domestic buys and 274,000 worldwide. Last year's event drew 241,000 domestic buys and 365,000 worldwide, so this year's show saw a 25% worldwide decline. However, the revenue will actually be worse than indicated as the show saw a 32% domestic decline - and pay-per-views cost much more in the United States and Canada compared to overseas.

- Curt Hawkins is today's "Superstar of the Day" on WWE.com. He is still on the SmackDown roster following last week's Supplemental Draft, although his tag partner, Zack Ryder, was drafted to ECW, which may leave a sketchy future.

- Vindy.com has an interview with Kurt Angle up where he jokes about his height, saying "I'm listed at 6-feet-2. Everyone in wrestling is four inches shorter than the program says they are."

- Wrestlers Rescue, the group headed by Dawn Marie, is auctioning off a repilica World title belt signed by Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, John Cena and Dusty Rhodes on eBay at shop.ebay.com/merchant/dr.deathcampaign.

- AJ Styles will be appearing live tonight as a presenter at the 40th Annual GMA Dove Awards at 8:00 p.m. ET on the Gospel Music Channel.

- According to reports, Bobby Lashley has signed to face Mike Cook (7-3). The fight will take place on May 15th for Maximum Fighting Championships in Edmonton. The show will air live on HDnet. Bobby Lashley has also agreed to continue working with TNA, and at this time, they are trying to work out a sponsorship deal for both MMA and pro wrestling.

Discuss.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

General Wrestling News - Friday 24th April 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:18:24 AM »
I like that Batista's segment was the lowest rated.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 04:36:42 AM »
And Santino in one of the highest rated segments has to tickle you, too.

Offline I Know You Like Sugar

• King Cucaracha
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 04:47:30 AM »
TNA should bring Snitsky in. Put Russo back on TV. Every time something dumb happens, they can come out together and say "It wasn't my fault."

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 04:48:08 AM »
He'd have more TV time than Kurt Angle.

Offline DCH

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
In spite of not enough people reading this newletter, I will post another one.

April 30 2009 - Once again, I believe this is from the WON:

- Rey Mysterio told  he was elated to be back on Friday Night Smackdown. Rey is arguably the most popular Superstar to ever appear on the Friday night broadcast.

- Jeff has turned down several of WWE's attempts to sign him to a new contract and the former WWE champion is said to be considering extended time away from the ring.

The latest is that Jeff has been giving the impression to friends that he will in fact re-sign with WWE before his contract expires this summer. While he is burned out with the hectic travel schedule, his willingness to walk away from WWE has given him negotiating leverage and he will likely ask for a reduced schedule, similar to the Undertaker's deal.

In related Hardy news, the former WWE Champion has had talks with MTV regarding a reality television series. Matt and Jeff currently produce the online video show "The Hardy Show" and the MTV series would likely tie into that.

- Although the talks only appear to be very preliminary, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Kurt Angle's name has been brought up within WWE and it appears the company could be making a play to bring him back later this year.

Angle, who turns 41 this December, could be faced with a big decision if he is approached by WWE about a return. His wife Karen was said to be a major force behind him leaving WWE and now she is no longer a factor with the two splitting up recently. The negative is that Angle is still pretty banged up and is much smaller than when he left WWE in 2006.

While many feel his size could work against him, the belief is that WWE would give him an easier schedule and he would make more money. Angle has dropped a ton of weight in the last couple years, and tells friends he is much more comfortable this way. The plus to staying with TNA is that he is always guaranteed a top spot, his size will never be an issue and even if WWE offers him an easier schedule it will never be as easy on him physically as the TNA schedule is. The general opinion on Angle is that the smartest thing he could do is stay in TNA, but Angle's career is also coming to a close and the possibility of an increase in pay becomes even more important at that stage of his career.

-Sherri Shepherd, co-host of daytime talk show The View, was a guest at last night's WWE SmackDown tapings from Madison Square Garden and accompanied United States champion MVP to the ring. On The View this morning, Shepherd spoke about her time with MVP, who she called a great entertainer. Barbara Walters asked her about MVP "smacking her down" and she said not before she "smacks him down." Overall it was a pretty light segment and some decent publicity for WWE.

- TNA Knockouts Rhaka Khan and Roxxi are currently serving unofficial 60-day suspensions as punishment for their involvement in a backstage altercation at an iMPACT! taping last month.

Roxxi reportedly felt Khan had worked too stiff with her during their match earlier that day, resulting in her getting a black eye.

- TNA Knockout Madison Rayne has posted a blog on her MySpace page (myspace.com/ocwlexilane) discussing what she's been up to as of late.

- After ECW went off the air last night, Tommy Dreamer grabbed the ECW Title, handed it to Christian and they hugged. As Christian's music played, Dreamer left the ring, stopping on his way to the back, waved to the crowd and bowed to the ring. With his WWE contract ending soon, this may be the last time Dreamer gets to perform in Madison Square Garden.

- Former WWE Diva Torrie Wilson stands to earn $70,000 for her participation in NBC's upcoming reality television show, I'm a Celebrity... Get Me out of Here!, reports The Sun. The winner of the show will donate $100,000 to a charity of his or her choosing. In it, a cast of nine celebrities live in jungle conditions with few comforts and have to earn human essentials. The show premieres on Monday, June 1st and will air Monday through Thursday nights for the entire month.

- Bret Hart did an interview with Sky Sports this past week indicating that he would accept an apology from Shawn Michaels for his involvement in the infamous "Montreal Screwjob." "For me I don't really have much issue with it anymore," Hart said. "If you asked me that up until probably about a year ago I'd have probably said something different. But I've cooled off a bit now. I don't want to carry it around anymore. If he wanted to apologize I would accept it. I'd move on but I wouldn't forget it." Hart also said he'd consider Michaels' suggestion (in an interview with a recent issue of WWE Magazine) to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame - that is of course if he apologizes. "Maybe if he wants to make himself feel better about it he should have the guts to pick up the phone and apologize," Hart said. "Then we'll see after that." "The Excellence of Execution" looks back on his stellar career in wrestling, the untimely death of his brother Owen, his autobiography, and more. You can read the interview at www.skysports.com/

- WWE probably won't be issuing a press release this week as last week's episode of Friday Night SmackDown drew a 1.6 rating with 2.7 million viewers, setting a record low number for the program on myNetworkTV. The show was headlined by Batista and Shane McMahon vs. Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes.

- Tuesday night's episode of ECW on Sci Fi featuring Christian's first appearance as ECW Champion scored a 1.17 cable rating, the show's worst number in quite some time. ECW was seen by an average audience of 1.60 million viewers, continuing the show's steady decline from the year's peak of 1.95 million viewers on March 17th. Comparing Tuesday night's episode to the previous ten episodes, the show's viewership was down 12.7 percent.

- At the moment, WWE is leaning toward holding WrestleMania 27 in Indianapolis. However, nothing will be decided until early next year.

- The following matches are scheduled for tonight's edition of WWE Superstars:

- Ted DiBiase vs. Carlito
- Evan Bourne vs. Paul Burchill
- Michelle McCool and Alicia Fox vs. Gail Kim and Maria

- Tyson Tomko was never actually released from WWE as we reported a month or so ago. Tomko appeared in a dark match prior to a RAW taping in which he worked against Paul Burchill. They went to an early finish as Tomko was injured. The basic gist of it is that he was never under WWE contract to begin with. Tomko in WWE at some point is very well possible. It's just a matter of healing a current injury.

Discuss. Personally I'm not very happy about Christian :(

Offline Jingus

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 07:28:39 PM »
- TNA Knockouts Rhaka Khan and Roxxi are currently serving unofficial 60-day suspensions as punishment for their involvement in a backstage altercation at an iMPACT! taping last month.

Roxxi reportedly felt Khan had worked too stiff with her during their match earlier that day, resulting in her getting a black eye.
I'd like to know exactly what the "altercation" was.  Also would like to know what match this happened in, since I vaguely recall one a few weeks back where at one point Roxxi seemed pissed off at Khan.  Considering that Rox is an experienced pro and Khan is a fan who won a contest and has yet to put on a single competent performance in the ring, I'd take Roxxi's side of it. 

Offline DCH

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »
I'm not actually sure myself what the altercaton was since I just get this online and copy and paste it here, and I'm assuming it comes from the WON. But I would side with Roxxi on this, since I've enver heard a complaint against her about working stiff.

Chazz

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 03:10:10 AM »

I'd like to know exactly what the "altercation" was.  Also would like to know what match this happened in, since I vaguely recall one a few weeks back where at one point Roxxi seemed pissed off at Khan.  Considering that Rox is an experienced pro and Khan is a fan who won a contest and has yet to put on a single competent performance in the ring, I'd take Roxxi's side of it. 

Prowrestling.net is reporting that Roxxi is no longer working for TNA.  Roxxi posted a message on her Twitter page in which she wished "TNA the best in their future endeavours".  Her bio on The TNA Website was also taken down.  Rhaka Khan, however, is apparently still with the company.

Offline Psycho Penguin

• Mitch Richmond > Michael Jordan
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 06:17:45 AM »
I always expected Kurt to end back up in WWE, if not just for a DVD and HoF induction. I hope he's still alive when that time comes.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 06:41:04 AM »
You'd have thought a great Kurt Angle DVD would have been available by now.

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Riding the waves of Insanity
    • Watersfall Industries
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »
I always expected Kurt to end back up in WWE, if not just for a DVD and HoF induction. I hope he's still alive when that time comes.
The problem with a Kurt DVD though...

A good portion of matches are not gonna be put on it, due to his opponent being Benoit

CURRENT EPISODE: Watercolors #7: Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling
"You're only given a little spark of madness.  And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline Psycho Penguin

• Mitch Richmond > Michael Jordan
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 01:24:54 PM »
That's true, but he has had plenty of other great matches. He had that feud with Benoit in 2001, then teamed/feuded again in 2002/2003.. so it is a big chunk, but there's still a lot of other stuff they can use.

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 01:22:54 AM »
If Angle retired right now.. Would he really deserve to be in the HOF? I suppose it is quite diluted as it is, but he was only a pro wrestler for 10 years and spent three of those in a smaller promotion.

I'd say Warrior deserves to go in before Angle.

But then again, what really is the WWE Hall of Fame these days?

Offline wnyxmcneal

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »
If Angle retired right now.. Would he really deserve to be in the HOF? I suppose it is quite diluted as it is, but he was only a pro wrestler for 10 years and spent three of those in a smaller promotion.

I'd say Warrior deserves to go in before Angle.

But then again, what really is the WWE Hall of Fame these days?

Angle deserves to go in over Warrior. Kurt was a main eventer from 2000-2006 when he was released. Warrior's run was only for about 2 years

Offline DCH

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 08:18:03 PM »
More news fellas. This first one is from Thursday 7/5/2009, while the one after is from Friday 8/5/2009.

Yesterday passed on a news item from entertainment industry publication Production Weekly that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had been selected to star in the upcoming Disney remake of "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." It turns out that news is false. During a phone interview conducted on Monday with SciFiWire.com, "20,000 Leagues" director McG was asked about the Dwayne Johnson report and said, "I don't know where that came from. I've never spoken to Dwayne Johnson. You can be the first to report that I have no idea where that came from. I wish him every success, but I never spoke to Dwayne about this." McG reiterated, "I like him. He's great. He's a wonderful human being and an excellent screen presence, but we have not spoken about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Not a word." He added that he'd like to have actor Will Smith play the lead.

- In his latest blog over at JRsBarBQ.com, Jim Ross has addressed the online reports that Batista is considering retirement next year when his WWE contract expires. Heres what Ross said: "Been reading where Batista may retire in a year or so but I'd bet that won't happen. Unless Batista has saved a boat load of cash I say he stays in WWE and makes more of those big pay days and 7 figure years. Big Dave likes the good life, who doesn't, but the "good life" isn't facilitated w/ coupons. Dave's value to WWE, considering especially the overall lack of main event depth may never be greater. I know I thoroughly enjoy my paychecks even thought I feel I'm underpaid (who doesn't?) and hope to successfully negotiate a new contract w/ WWE when the time comes later in 2009. Hey, we ALL feel like we're under paid, right?"

- TNA officials plan on bringing Rhaka Khan back to television, however, they want her to train and get better from an in-ring standpoint before they do so. In a trivia note, Khan still has yet to work a single singles match in TNA. Internally, there was some concern among company officials that Kurt Angle could get mad at them if they disciplined her over her recent backstage altercation with Roxxi, but nothing came of it.

- TNA company officials plan on bringing  Jacqueline back as a women's wrestler in the near future. TNA has changed course by putting talent not being used on television on restructured deals - like Jacqueline - as opposed to releasing them. The restructured deals give the wrestlers not being used more control to book themselves as they see fit as opposed to management booking them and taking a percentage of the payoff.

- Melina and John Morrison were together at the Hall of Fame ceremony a few weeks ago as they are once again a couple. They were put back together on the same brand at least in part as a result of their relationship.

- According to one WWE source, the reason Melina started crying on Raw after being drafted to SmackDown a few weeks ago (which wasn't televised) was because of Morrison. The reigning Women's Champion thought they would be separated as a result, but that turned out not to be the case as Morrison was drafted to SmackDown as well in the subsequent Supplemental Draft.

- Don't expect to see Randy Orton lose his WWE Championship anytime soon as company officials plan on giving him a lengthy run with the title, according to company sources. As a result, it is pretty much a given that Orton will be retaining his title in his match with Batista at the Judgment Day pay-per-view in two weeks.

There is also a feeling that the title needs to stop bouncing around so much from wrestler to wrestler - the belt has changed hands at five of the last six pay-per-view events.

- Jeff Jarrett suffered a hamstring injury at the TNA Lockdown PPV on April 19 during the Lethal Lockdown, although he did not have a torn hamstring as built up on TV after the event. Jarrett ended up working the TV tapings following the PPV in a main event match against Scott Steiner as if he wasn't injured and was getting massage treatments backstage for a long time before going out. Some in the company found it hilarious that Mick Foley, playing heel, claimed Jarrett didn't really have the injury and during his commentator mentioned that Jarrett wasn't even smart enough to sell his fake injury.

- TNA newcomer Sarah Stock was a huge disappointment in her debut for the promotion last week. The company brought her in from Mexico with the idea of making her the top female babyface in the promotion and having her work with Awesome Kong in hopes of revitalizing the women's division. On April 21, Stock worked a match with Kong prior to the Impact taping and many backstage felt the match was terrible. Many felt her offense looked weak as the soft Mexican women's style of wrestling doesn't translate well in the United States. She worked a bit better the next night with Taylor Wilde, but the feeling was that her offense was still weak.

- Paul London is booked for the IWC near Pittsburgh, PA this weekend. These will be his first matches since suffering a recent back injury.

- THQ, the producer of the WWE Video Games have posted their 2009 fourth quarter earnings report. For the twelve months ending on March 31, 2009, the company reported net sales of $830.0 million, compared with net sales of $1.035 billion a year ago. The "WWE Legends of Wrestlemania" was positively listed as a "product driver".

- AJ Styles is currently shooting a "well-known reality show series" in Seattle. It was also noted that Jacqueline will be joining him next week.

- BG James was sent home from this week's iMPACT! tapings as a result of flu symptoms. Both James and Shark Boy (sent home last week from a live event tour) were later cleared of swine flu.

- The UK SUN has an interview up with Bret Hart, discussing the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels match from WrestleMania XXV, which he enjoyed despite his personal issues with Michaels.

- Sabu will be appearing Saturday at the Wrestling Universe store in Whitestone, Queens for a 3PM autograph signing.

- Here are the top selling sports and recreational DVDs, according to Billboard. For the first time in a long time, WWE only has two entries on the top 10, while the UFC clocks in with four of the top ten releases:

1. WWE: Greatest Stars Of The 90s
2. UFC 92: Nogueira Vs. Mir
3. UFC: Best Of 2008
4. NFL: Super Bowl XLIII Champions: Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Bluetopia: The LA Dodgers Movie
6. UFC 91: Couture Vs. Lesnar
7. UFC: The Ultimate Fighter: Season 8
8. WWE: The Best Of Raw: 15th Anniversary 1993-2008
9. Phil Mickelson: Secrets Of The Short Game
10. TNA: Cross The Line Vol. II

- Just checked out Matt Hardy's latest blog on his official MySpace. It is definitely an interesting read and everybody who is a fan of his should check it out as he mentions why breaking up with Amy Dumas (Lita) was actually a good thing, his opinion of the internet wrestling community, as well as having some cryptic messages within the blog. He also comments on his recent hand injury... "I legitimately broke my hand in 3 places during the Backlash PPV. I actually injured my hand worse by wrestling against Kofi Kingston on Raw Monday."

- Jake Roberts will be holding a seminar on wrestling psychology on Saturday in Kingsport, TN at 5:30 PM, with an entrance fee of $50.

- Former WCW and WWE star Chuck Palumbo will be riding one of his custom bikes to sell raffle tickets for a chopper he built by hand to donate money to provide scholarships for families who have lost someone in war or had a family member come home wounded. He will be appearing Friday and Saturday in Cottonwood, AZ, on Sunday in Santa Rosa, MN, on Monday in Oklahoma City, Tuesday in Clarksville, AR, Wednesday in Nashville, Thursday in Asheville and Friday in Rockingham, NC. For info visit www.fueledbythefallen.com

- Regarding Eric Bischoff's decision not to take part in WWE's new Rise & Fall of WCW DVD, there is talk that he may just be holding out for a better price for his participation, given how important he'd be in a credible documentary about WCW and how much money WWE stands to make from it. Although another scenario is that he's learned from past DVDs that they like to selectively include and edit his comments, and doesn't want to subject himself to that again.

- WWE star Mr. Kennedy made his long-awaited return to the ring at tonight's Florida Championship Wrestling tapings. FCW is WWE's developmental territory based out of Tampa.

Kennedy has suffered numerous injuries throughout his career, with his latest being a dislocated shoulder he suffered in a house show match against Shelton Benjamin in August of last year. Kennedy was recently drafted to RAW, but hasn't appeared on WWE television in months.

- Tuesday night's edition of ECW on Sci-Fi scored a 1.1 cable rating.

- WWE Hall of Famer Bret "The Hitman" Hart was recently interviewed by the UK Sun's WrestleCast radio show. Some highlights:

HBK vs. Undertaker: "I'll be the first to say that I thought Taker v Shawn was the best match at WrestleMania, maybe one of the best matches I've seen in years. To a certain degree, I was proud of both of them. I never take away the fact that Shawn was a great wrestler and he did a lot of great stuff. I've always been really proud of the match we had in Anaheim, when I dropped the title to him."

Passing the Torch: "If you look back when I first won the title, too many guys - Warrior, Hogan, Jake Roberts - didn't pass the torch back. When I left the business I had a lousy ending, but I would have loved to have wrestled Steve Austin one more time at the end of my career and really put him over - or Shawn. I would have loved to have given back. I didn't end up being able to pass the torch back, that was an honour I would have liked to have done."

John Cena being a company guy: "When Chris Benoit died he was on Larry King and somebody asked him if wrestlers need a union - and he shot that down and said 'no'. The truth is only an idiot would say wrestlers don't need a union, because we do! But it is hard not to take that company position and be a company guy when you're on the team later. I was in his shoes and you try and do the best you can. As far as his career and how they're using him - he's better off working with them and doing everything the way he's doing it."

Wrestlers dying young: "I don't understand why so many of them are dying from the prescription pill problems and downers and things like that. There's an addiction I don't understand, as I was never addicted to anything like that and never had any desire to tranquilize myself after the matches. I couldn't understand why these guys would take pills all the time. Back then it was stupid, but now they're all dying. There have been so many who died that shouldn't have. Curt Hennig, Miss Elizabeth, Davey Boy, Test and Crush should all be alive. But I think it's unfair to pin this epidemic of wrestlers dying on Vince McMahon. It's the wrestlers who need to clean up their act."

- GoErie.com has an interview up with Mickie James, discussing getting into the wrestling business, earning respect from the guys, hanging out with John Cena and more.

- The "WWE Online" game is actually not a new project, but was announced back in September of 2008 as "WWE Smackdown vs. Raw Online".

- As reported earlier, former TNA star Lance Hoyt has signed with WWE and it is a developmental deal. WWE has been looking for big guys to put in the Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory and Hoyt fits that bill.

- One WWE source recently stated that the biggest issue with WWE right now is the company not addressing the developmental system. This source noted seeing virtually all of the developmental talent training when they last did TV in Florida and nobody stood out at all. One big factor according to this source was the fact that Shelton Benjamin was leading the training instead of guys like Dean Malenko, Ricky Steamboat and Arn Anderson. The problem the source saw with this was that while Benjamin was a great and gifted athlete, the younger developmental talent really needed to learn from guys like Malenko, Steamboat and Anderson and not from Benjamin whose style is based mainly on athletic ability that a majority of development talent don't even begin to possess.

- Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (F4WOnline.com)

There is already talk within WWE of replacing Tiffany as the General Manager of ECW in the near future. A lot will hinge on what Tommy Dreamer decides to do.

His contract is legitimately expiring soon and there is talk of making him the General Manager of ECW should he decide to re-sign with the company.

Internally, the feeling is that she isn't projecting well enough in her role and believe she has poor delivery on the mic.

- Raisha Saeed, working as Cheerleader Melissa, suffered a facial injury during a match this past weekend for the SHIMMER promotion. She posted this picture on her Twitter account.

- In an interview with Fox News, Brooke Hogan revealed that she's been on a date with another woman. "The girl was really awesome and we had a blast," Brooke said. "Then it got to the point where she was wanting to kiss me. Everyone knows I do not go there." Brooke went on to say that she understands how people can "fall in love with anyone," yet she maintains that she "naturally migrates toward men first."

Brooke also spoke about her mother Linda and her relationship with 19-year-old Charlie Hill. Brooke says she doesn't approve of Charlie, who she calls a "bad influence" on Linda. "We are totally different women. I'm straight laced, don't do drugs, stick to my regimen. It's different there."

Brooke said she's more comfortable with her father's new girlfriend and looks up to Hulk for the lessons he's taught her in life, including love and physical fitness. "I feel great at this weight, but I've started sticking to a diet again. People should know, I'm only doing the diet for the entertainment business. It's not really what you're supposed to look like in real life."

- While both Roxxi and Rhaka Khan were reportedly suspended for 60 days as a result of their backstage altercation a few months ago, Roxxi was telling friends she was not aware that she had been suspended. As noted, Roxxi was eventually released from the company, although her contract was expiring within the next few months. It is believed that she had already worked enough dates for the company so they won't owe her money.

Once again gentlemen, you may discuss.

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 01:09:14 AM »
Brooke Hogan went on a date with a woman but refused to kiss her? That's not a date, that's just hanging out!

Anyway,

"If you look back when I first won the title, too many guys - Warrior, Hogan, Jake Roberts - didn't pass the torch back. When I left the business I had a lousy ending, but I would have loved to have wrestled Steve Austin one more time at the end of my career and really put him over - or Shawn. I would have loved to have given back. I didn't end up being able to pass the torch back, that was an honour I would have liked to have done."

Dear Bret,

You could've done this at Survivor Series 1997.

Signed,
Common Fucking Sense

Offline Adam

• The Franchise
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 01:16:05 AM »
At Survivor Series 97, I'm sure Bret didn't envision it being the end of his career.

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 01:25:28 AM »
At Survivor Series 97, I'm sure Bret didn't envision it being the end of his career.

He still could've put him over on the way out. You can't say that you wanted to put Shawn Michaels over when one of biggest moments in wrestling history involves you refusing to do so.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 01:54:03 AM »
There is also a feeling that the title needs to stop bouncing around so much from wrestler to wrestler - the belt has changed hands at five of the last six pay-per-view events.
Well, this is always going to happen when you have two "world titles."

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Slickster

• + 3791 Posts
  • Posts 3971 Registered on Feb 11 2002, 05:18 PM
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 03:38:46 AM »
Or three.
Retiring after 4,040 posts.
Thank you for the memories, TSM.
2002-2012

Offline DCH

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 07:49:18 PM »
Here's two more fellas, again from the WON:

- The Undertaker is expected to be back in action around mid-July. While that is not set in stone, WWE wants him to return over the summer with enough time to build to a big program for SummerSlam in August.

- WWE officials are thrilled with how well The Miz's push is going on Raw, which is why they are going to the extent of protecting him even versus a top guy like John Cena. Long term plans have him working with Shawn Michaels when he returns.

The latest update on him is he will be out another month yet. The plan of now is to build his return with promo videos instead of a surprise return to pop a rating in early summer, when the ratings generally take a dip.

- The main reason Gregory "Hurricane" Helms is working as a backstage announcer for ECW is because he is currently injured and not ready to return to the ring at this time. WWE wanted to keep Helms on TV some way and develop his character on ECW so this is there way of doing it for the time being.

- Frankie Kazarian returned to action a few weeks ago and is once again portraying the Suicide character. He donned the costume on last week's episode of iMPACT!, retaining the X Division Championship against Consequences Creed. As a result of an injury, Suicide has been portrayed by Christopher Daniels in recent months, who was in the costume when the character won the X Division Championship at Destination X.

- The neck surgery that TNA star Hernandez recently underwent has been described as being pretty serious. TNA ran an angle two weeks ago on iMPACT! with Hernandez being attacked by the new British heel stable involving Brutus Magnus, Doug Williams and Rob Terry. Hernandez's official website initially stated he would be out of action for 6 to 9 months, while media reports that soon followed said it would be more along the lines of 3 to 4 months. It should be noted that he did not get the neck fusion surgery that many WWE stars have undergone in the past.

- TNA Women's Knockout Champion Angelina Love received good reviews for her performance in a segment set to air next week on iMPACT! in which both she and Kong take part in a contract signing for a Stretcher Match at the Sacrifice pay-per-view.

- You can see a video of former WWE Diva Amy "Lita" Dumas performing with her punk rock band The Luchagors this past Friday night in Atlanta at www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kWvC2ozRrE

- Here is a breakdown for the latest WWE and TNA television ratings courtesy of The Wrestling Observer and Figure Four Weekly Newsletters:

TNA Impact on 5/7 drew a final 1.2 cable rating with 1.6 million viewers. The show did a 0.9 in males 18-49, 0.66 in people 18-49 and 0.86 in males 18-23. Quarter hours were: 1.07, 1.20, 1.27, 1.23, 1.19, 1.22, 1.19 and 1.16.

WWE Superstars on 5/7 drew a final 1.0 cable rating (rounded up from a 0.97) which was the highest number the show has drawn on WGN since its debut.

ECW on Sci Fi on 5/5 drew a final 1.1 cable rating and 1.4 million viewers.

WWE Monday Night Raw on 5/4 drew a final 3.3 cable rating with 4.64 million viewers. The show did a 2.60 in males 18-49. 70% of the audience was male and the average viewer was 38.

WWE Friday Night Smackdown on 5/1 drew a final 1.9 broadcast rating with 3.2 million viewers. While this is below what the show had been averaging lately, it was up from the 2.7 million viewers from the previous week.

- Triple H will be returning to action shortly after Sunday's WWE Judgment Day PPV. After Batista cost Triple H the WWE title at Backlash, there has been talk of The Game interfering in Sunday's main event and preventing Batista from capturing that same title from Randy Orton. We have a full report up on this several posts now.

While this is purely speculation at this point, it's quite possible that HHH will be returning at the PPV unadvertised, costing Batista his match in the main event. This would even the score with Batista, who cost Triple H the title and an "injury" to Randy Orton while distracted by "The Animal" during the match.

- Vince McMahon currently owns 60% of WWE stock, which as of last weekend, would have been worth about $478 million.

- Vince McMahon stated at the 5/1 WWE stockholders meeting that he has plans to add another weekly television show to the company's schedule soon. McMahon pointed out how they now have TV airing on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and how the only day they are missing is Wednesday. His sell for adding another weekly show on Wednesday is that in the past doing that much television would have been overexposure, but today there are so many stations and that is no longer the case and that it would get people caught up on all storylines.

- Christy Hemme took part in an interview with revolution31.com this past week saying she still can't give a timetable on when she'll be able to return to the ring after deciding not to have surgery to help heal her seriously injured neck. "I opted not to have neck surgery because I don't like the idea of fusing bones together when you can heal it naturally," Hemme said. "I haven't wrestled since November and I'm feeling really good and getting a lot stronger and waiting it out until I can get back in the ring." While the TNA Knockout suffered the neck injury training for a pay-per-view match, she says the injury was inevitable after accumulating a variety of injuries as a result of being "knocked around in the ring." In other highlights coming out of the interview, when asked if there's anyone in professional wrestling she doesn't like, Hemme notes Vince McMahon, saying he's "not my favorite person on the planet." Hemme is also asked about winning the first WWE Diva Search and the $250,000 grand prize. She says the worst part was paying taxes on the winnings. "Paid a lot of taxes and it was horrible," Hemme said.

- DH Smith made his ECW debut, brutally attacking Finlay during his match with Tyson Kidd. He is now going under the name David Hart Smith and has aligned himself with the Hart Dungeon-trained wrestler as well as his valet Natalya. The announcers referred to the trio as The Hart Trilogy. The pairing was expected as Kidd and Natalya were informed a few weeks ago that Smith would be joining them sometime soon. Prior to his appearance last night, Smith had not appeared on television in just over a year, his last appearance taking place on the May 5, 2008 episode of Raw.

Interesting. Here's the next one:

- Rhaka Khan alleged to her boyfriend at the time, Kurt Angle, that the other Knockouts had been stealing her clothing and had either stolen or destroyed her laptop computer. Multiple sources feel her claims are false and the feeling of more than one person is that she made up these stories because she wanted Angle to purchase her new clothing and a new computer. Khan has been described as a major "head case" among those who have worked with her. It's also been noted that she mouths off to the producers and works stiff with her fellow Knockouts. The feeling among many is that Khan gets away with more than just about anyone in the company because of her ties to Angle. While they are no longer together, they remain good friends.

-  In addition to Mick Foley, Kurt Angle will also be serving as a host for the new TNA Epics show as we noted earlier here on the site. Right now the highlight show is only airing in the UK, but TNA is likely working on increasing distribution for the show. With Spike TV's average primetime ratings on the decline, it's possible that they may pick up the second TNA show. Epics will feature classic matches from TNA's seven-year history, rather than being an iMPACT highlight show. The decision to have Angle and Foley host it was also done to prevent the show from having a minor league feel.

- Credit: ProWrestling.net

Tommy Dreamer is currently booked for two WWE house shows in August, despite word that his contract expires on June 6th. The fact that he's booked on house shows through the summer seems to be an indication that WWE believes he will still be working for them.

However, one company source says not to read too much into house show lineups that are listed any more than a few weeks ahead of time because it's basically a lot of guess work. John Laurinatis usually puts together house show cards far in advance based on where he believes the storylines might be heading.

- The UK SUN recently interviewed Randy Orton, here are the highlights:

On His WrestleMania XXV Match with HHH: "This was a storyline where Triple H needed retribution. He needed to beat the living p*** out of me because of what I did. I handcuffed him and made him watch while I beat up his wife and then kissed her while she was unconscious. Then to top it off after I do that, I knock him out with a sledgehammer to the head. I kick his father-in-law in the skull and put him in the hospital, and do the same to his brother-in-law. I think when all that happens and then you have this match where he can't be disqualified or he loses the title, you kind of screw yourself. We were not able to do everything that the other guys were able to do. Matt and Jeff Hardy had a hardcore no-holds-barred match. They were able to use all the bells and whistles to beat the hell out of each other. Everyone was expecting Triple H and I to do the same, but we had rules that put a fence around everything we were able to do. We weren't able to go to the extreme. If anything hurt us, it was that."

On His Current Title Run: "The older and more mature I've become in the business, the more responsibility I'm able to carry in being champion and representing the company. This is going to be where I make my name and I cement myself in history. I've already done that in a lot of ways - becoming the youngest champ of all time, being in an Evolution, being a third-generation competitor, headlining WrestleMania. But I think this title run is going to be what makes Randy Orton."

On Manu: "Manu had some respect issues. There are a lot of different reasons he wasn't good for Legacy, but the reason he's not with the company anymore had a lot to do with his backstage attitude. His father was the great Afa, of the Wild Samoans, and Manu had been in the ring since his early teens. Now, in his early 20s, technically he's been in the ring for more than a decade - but not really. Really he'd only been in the business a month by the time I knew him. He carried himself like he had been in the business for 15 years. He thought he knew everything. He thought he deserved a first-class seat when we went overseas. He thought he didn't have to pick up in the lockeroom after the show was over, like the new guys do. He didn't feel like he had to pay his dues, because he'd already paid them. What he doesn't understand is that wrestling once a week for 10 years doesn't count. "

On WWE Creating New Stars: Anywhere you go in this business, there is always that need to recruit and create talent. WWE has a farm system down in Florida, FCW, where they have 50-60 guys at any given time. There are lots of second generations down there. Mike Rotunda's sons are up and comers, they will be debuting soon I'm sure. Harry Smith has been up, he's been back, he's been up - he was a potential fourth member of Legacy for a while and I can see him being part of our group in the future. We need these young guys and new guys to be tutored to one day be the top-level performers in our company - because people get old or get hurt.

- Jim Ross recently updated JRsBarBQ.com with his latest blog, where he speaks on the subject of Ric Flair coming out of retirement and returning to the ring. Here are some highlights:

- Ric called me last Sunday morning and we had a nice talk and I could tell that "Naitch" was getting "the itch" to get back in the ring. He might be feeling somewhat burned out regarding all the autograph shows and meet 'n greets that he's done over the past several months. One can only imagine how much flesh Ric has pressed since retiring. Ric's driver's license may say that he is 60 years old but he still has the spirit and constitution of a 30- something year old, for better or for worse, depending on one's perspective.

- Can Ric still perform in the ring at a competitive level. Hell, yeah. Should he? Well, that's another question that's a little tougher to answer.

- I think every one should chase their dreams and do what it is in life that makes them happy and that is legal and ethical because there are no guarantees how long our time here on Earth will be. I chase my dreams every week as I still love "calling" wrestling matches. My wife says broadcasting wrestling is my "calling" and she may well be correct, as usual.

- But this isn't my call. I do have an opinion. It almost changes from day to day as a matter of fact. In a perfect world, for me, I would love for Ric to not risk life and limb at 60 and not wrestle again. I don't want to read of Ric Flair wrestling in a high school gym some place.

- However, if Ric can return to a major stage and perform occasionally then I have less a problem with the matter. But here is the bottom line....my thanks to Stone Cold....it's Ric's life and he should do whatever he wants to do at this stage of the game that makes him happy.

- Rey Mysterio will still be working Judgment Day on Sunday despite the knee injury he suffered at the Smackdown taping this week.

- SmackDown wrestler Jimmy Wang Yang turned 28 years old on Wednesday, and ECW wrestler Zack Ryder turned 24 years old on Thursday.

- Here are the top 10 recreational and sports DVDs, according to Billboard. The WWE and UFC both had three releases in the top 10, while TNA claimed two spots, which is rare for the company.

1. WWE: Greatest Stars Of The 90s
2. UFC: Best Of 2008
3. UFC 92: Nogueira Vs. Mir
4. NFL: Super Bowl XLIII Champions: Pittsburgh Steelers
5. TNA: Jeff Jarrett: King Of The Mountain
6. TNA: Cross The Line Vol. II
7. UFC 91: Couture Vs. Lesnar
8. WWE: The Best Of Raw: 15th Anniversary 1993-2008
9. Bluetopia: The LA Dodgers Movie
10. WWE: The Best Of Saturday Night's Main Event

- WWE Legal has become very aware of illegal stream sites like Justin.TV. The company plans to attack the sites and shut down illegal PPV feeds. They will all sites like Justin.TV like they have people posting copyrighted material on YouTube.

- Roxxi has recently been released from TNA Wrestling, and she admits that she was shocked by it. Right now she's trying to get her name back out there on the Indy scene.

She was told that the reason she was released was because they didn't have anything more for her character creatively.

When asked about the story about her & Rhaka Khan having a backstage confrontation, she says that the story was blown out of propotion. She said that the match where the problem happened was a 4 Way Tag for the Knockouts. Roxxi got hit and then gave a receipt and the whole thing was just a misunderstanding. After it was over, they both hugged and all was forgiven.

She talks about her more Hardcore style she says it came from her early training. Roxxi is more of a mixed style, but the brawling aspect stuck in TNA. When she first went through training, she was taught to be more agressive and that's where that came from. She likes being compared to Mick Foley and was honored to meet him, especially when he recognized her. She admits that she is not willing to do some of the things he did though.

Probably her craziest match was the Ladder Match with Gail Kim & she says that both of them put alot of creativity into the match and it turned out really well.

The spelling of her name "Roxxii" and originally "Nikki Roxx" she admits comes from her love of Rock music, and she was happy that when she went to TNA they let her keep the Roxx part of her original name.

She loved being around VKM when she first came in and says both Kip & BG have a ton of wrestling knowledge and they really helped her out.

The Voodoo Queen gimmick is something that she admits is not an extension of who she really is, and she wasn't sure what to think of it at first. She ended up changing costumes multiple times before she debuted. When asked if the character was based off of Pirates of the Carribean character, she says that at least one person was thinking along those lines. She was happy to have a job with TNA and ended up getting used to the character.

When asked about shaving her head, she says that it was something that they pitched to her and she agreed. She thought that it would help her stand out from the other Knockouts and recalls that people remember Molly Holly doing it and thought it would work for her too. James then references that Jake Roberts got paid alot of money to do the same thing once, and Roxxi mentions that Jake told her about it once. She jokingly admits that she didn't make nearly as much as Jake did for doing the stunt.

She really liked the look. She actually continued shaving her head because she thought it was the easiest haircut she could possibly have. The only reason she kept growing it back was because TNA asked her too.

The head shaving was the end of The Voodoo Queen. She admits that she was starting to get comfortable in the gimmick, and they changed directions just as that was happening. However she was fine with the change.

When asked how much a wrestler needs to stand up to creative or do what is told, she says that the best is to have a happy medium. If you're new, you don't want to piss anybody off, but creative does like having ideas pitched to them.

She says that somethings in creative are trial and error. She says that when they shaved her head, the fans got really behind her, but when she started cursing alot, nobody seemed to get on board with it.

The photoshoots was not something she felt comfotable with. She likes to wrestle for the athletic nature of it and its just not something that she is familiar with. She admits that if she were asked to do a sexy pose, she would probably throw her first up. She says that sometimes it gets her respect not to do those things, but other times it can hurt her.

When asked if she thought she could fit in with the WWE, she says that the WWE has the models, but they also have a fair share of wrestlers to help them out and she feels she could fill that role easily. She says that on the Indy scene she used to work the first match with new girls so she has experience in helping girls improve. She also says that she'd like to work with some of the real wrestlers there like Gail Kim & Natalya.

Going back to her hair, she admits that she's trying to grow it back and admits right now she looks like an Emo Kid.

Word Associations:

ODB: "Probably the most amazing person you'll ever meet...her character is exactly who she is in the back"
Taylor Wilde: "She's my best friend...hell of a worker & gorgeous at the same time"
Awesome Kong: "One of my favorite wrestlers...I love being in the ring with her"
Velvet Sky: "She is amazing. I love her to death"
Angelina Love: "She is a great talent" and says that The Beautiful People are great characters.

This leads into a discussion about the early days of The Knockout Division where it seemed like they overshadowed everything else. She says that for her, Gail Kim leaving hurt because she was so influential and she lost someone that she admired.

When asked if any of the guys had a problem with that, Roxxi says that it was the opposite as the guys were very supportive and helped out in any way they could.

She doesn't feel like the Main Event Mafia vs. TNA Frontline took away from The Knockout Division. She says that TNA has a lot of girls in addition to have a large roster and admits that it is very hard for creative to fit everybody on the show.

She says that she had ideas for her character, but at the same time they have alot of new girls coming in. She looks back on her time in TNA positively.

She doesn't know if they ever had a plan to put the title on her because the talents don't know where things are going storyline wise. She admits that she was really excited about being in the title match at Bound for Glory. When asked if its better to know where things are going storyline wise or not, she says that it is good to have a general idea to know where things are going.

Roxxi was a big fan of wrestling as a kid, but didn't get into it until a friend of her's joined a wrestling school & she observed the classes. April Hunter was getting trained at the time and urged her to try it. She did, and she's loved it ever since.

When asked if she'd go to WWE, she says she'd love to go there. Right now she's just regrouping and figuring things out, but would definitely love to go there.

The standard question we ask our guests is about the Media's treatment of Wrestling, especially after the Chris Benoit Tragedy. Roxxi says that all different kinds of people get into wrestling, and the Media's portrayal was unfair because it made all wrestlers look bad. She says not all wrestlers are the same and incidents like what happened with Chris Benoit is not going to happen with every wrestler.

- TNA Knockout ODB was left off the most recent set of IMPACT! tapings (three episodes worth) because company officials didn't have any ideas on where to take her storyline relationship with Cody Deaner. In a separate note, her contract is set to expire in November.

- Kurt Angle was not at the show because he is off filming a movie. This is indeed true as he missed the second night of the IMPACT! tapings to film Warrior, an MMA movie being filmed in his hometown of Pittsburgh. The movie stars Nick Nolte as a retired mill worker and alcoholic who raised his sons to be wrestlers, but eventually turn their interest to MMA and are co-favorites to win a $5 million tournament. Angle is one of the participants in a 16-man tournament taking place Atlantic City, a Russian killer named Koba. The tournament is being filmed in Pittsburgh on Thursday, May 30th at the Peterson Events Center and they are looking for fans to fill the seats. Filming takes place from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and doors are open to the public. Angle may be featured in some backstage segments on next week's show as they taped what they needed from him at the first taping.

- Sheik Abdul Bashir is once again featured in the weekly TNA webmatch - his third appearance in four weeks. He goes up against Homicide. You can view the match at

- WWE Diva Jillian Hall is apparently engaged. She issued the following note on her MySpace account (www.myspace.com/jillianhall1) this morning: "finally got the ring!" Hall is engaged to wrestler Tank Toland (a.k.a. former WWE star "Chad Dick"), who she managed in Ohio Valley Wrestling.

- TNA Wrestling re-signed James Storm to a two-year contract on Thursday. There was talk for a while that the Beer Money, Inc member was on WWE's radar for new talent.

- This week's edition of TNA iMPACT did a 1.2 cable rating, which is the same as last week's rating.

iMPACT beat both ECW's rating this week, and Superstars which did a 0.95 rating last night.

- MMAScoops.com is reporting that at last night's MFC 21: Hard Knocks event, Bobby Lashley dismantled Mike Cook in just 24 seconds with a front choke that saw Cook flop around like a fish on the mat to go 3-0 in his MMA career. At the weigh-ins, Cook wore a lucha libre mask to play with Lashley and mock his pro wrestling past. Cook also wore the mask to the cage last night.

In the post fight interview, Lashley stated: "Now he can put back on the mask and have fun with himself." Next up for Lashley is Bob Sapp.

- The following matches have been announced for the WWE Judgment Day PPV:

* John Morrison vs. Shelton Benjamin
* Umaga vs. CM Punk
* The Big Show vs. John Cena
* WWE IC Title Match: Rey Mysterio © vs. Chris Jericho
* ECW Title Match: Christian © vs. Jack Swagger
* WWE Title Match: Randy Orton © vs. Batista
* World Title Match: Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy

- ThePittsburghChannel.com has a behind the scenes look at Warrior, a new film Kurt Angle is working on. There is also a two-minute interview with Angle on the set of the movie. During the interview, he claims he's looking to get out of wrestling and into movies full-time.

- As seen on this week's episode of TNA iMPACT!, Jeff Jarrett was shown spending time with his children at his home in Hendersonville, Tennessee. Many viewers have pointed out that as Jarrett was driving his three daughters around. You can see the video at

- TNAWrestling.com has posted the official preview for next week's episode of TNA Epics on Bravo in the United Kingdom. Matches scheduled to air include AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels for the X Division Championship at the 2005 Unbreakable pay-per-view and the Four-Way Double Elimination match from June 26, 2002 to crown the first-ever X Division Champion (AJ Styles vs. Low Ki vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Psicosis).

The streams are getting shut down fellas.

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 03:28:19 AM »
I'm down for Miz/Michaels