Author Topic: America's Least Essential Restaurant  (Read 15238 times)

Description:

Offline Gert

Re: America's Least Essential Restaurant
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2019, 01:46:38 PM »
Real shame that Michael's Scott's favorite New York pizza place is closing.

I still have a hard time fathoming how any generic restaurants survive at Times Square.

Online Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2019, 02:14:37 PM »
It's all stressed out tourists and poor service industry workers eating in Times Square. Makes perfect sense to me.

Thing is rents are so insane now that even GUY FIERI'S RESTAURANT CLOSED a few years back.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2019, 10:40:18 PM »
they should all close and die in a fire

If anyone ever reads this, if you go to NYC ever, go off the beaten path and wander into a strange place.  I beg of you

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
Man....I live in a culinary paradise. Imagine my shock and anger when out of state guests went to the touristy spots and ate at Krystal Burger instead of any of the 100s independently owned local cajun places.

Offline tekcop

• CXF Writer
  • TSM's Finest
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2019, 02:13:30 PM »
Our old roommate left a Carrabba's gift card at our house over the summer. Ate there for the first time last week. I think it deserves a spot on this list. Who's out there asking for a more expensive Olive Garden?

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2019, 08:14:59 PM »
Have you seen the varying versions of the meme, "It's not my mouth, it's my face that needs deliverance."

This applies to me anytime someone suggests Olive Garden. I will make you regret it by ordering a bottle of cheap ass Pinot Grigio and not share it. Note: It's generally fringe friends/relatives that live in more undeveloped areas and don't get out to "town" much and want to reconnect.

I almost bear hugged a 3rd cousin when he suggested we bail on his grandma's birthday and go get hammered at a locally owned Mexican joint and NOT one of the chains (one of the insufferable aunts was starting shit and it'd been two hours).