Author Topic: Non alcoholic/non soda beverage thread (er...more or less a juice thread?)  (Read 14305 times)

Description:

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
I think I mentioned in the CTDWAT that I've quit drinking soda in an attempt to lose a bit of weight. It's been about two weeks since my last soda and I'm already feeling considerably less bloated. I'm also avoiding most high sugar drinks as it has more less the same effect. Hasn't been as hard as I thought. I combine seltzer and some juice and it's almost like I'm making my own soda (except not really). Either that or I drink unsweetened iced tea and mix in some honey or sugar.  I came up with one particularly winning combination.

+

= BOMB ASS BEVERAGE FOR A HOT ASS DAY

Really, only time I miss soda is when I see rareish stuff like Sun Drop or Vanilla Coke.

So here's a place to talk about juice, iced tea, whatever.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
I like to combine fruit drinks with my green tea. It's what starts off my day perfectly. In fact if I don't get that along with a balanced breakfast (a real balanced breakfast now) I'm gonna be cranky for the rest of the day.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
Anything that says Mango on it, I will drink.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
If you really want to lose weight you should drink water, mate.

edit: or, you know, diet pop.

• KOAB
don't drink diet pop. it has some fucked up sweetners in it. Byron is trying to give you weak livers and kidneys. what a dick.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
I do drink water. The recommended 6-8 glasses a day even.

Diet pop sucks. And it pretty much is as bad for you as regular pop.

Also, chocolate milk deserves a shout out in this thread. Yes, I am an 8 year old.

• KOAB
you should drink a gallon and a half of water every day. I'm up to 2.3 right now.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
Arnold Palmers are good, but again, they put wayyyyy too much sugar into it. If it isn't beer or booze, I want my drink to be as little calories and shit in it as possible. So, yeah, I drink water. A fuckload of water.

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
Ya they say six to eight glasses of water, but if you are only drinking water, its not healthy for you.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
Ya they say six to eight glasses of water, but if you are only drinking water, its not healthy for you.

Just drinking water would appear to be the most healthy option when it comes to quenching your thirst.

• KOAB
I reccomend having a blender and blending all various berries into delicious drinks, fellas.

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.

Just drinking water would appear to be the most healthy option when it comes to quenching your thirst.

It all depends on the activity you are doing. Water is good in moderation, but its also good to have juice as well.

Offline Vitamin X

PROTEIN SHAKES

WATER

JUICEEEEE

STEROIDS

• KOAB
WATER
PROTEIN
LIQUOR

• KOAB

FUCK YEAH

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
koab link me, i must buy that shirt

Offline Vitamin X

Also, Orange Julius is pretty awesome every now and then, but iced tea is my drink of choice no matter what time of year. I'm a year round coffee drinker, but I'll do it iced in the summer. In fact, anyone who hasn't done cold brewed coffee and enjoys it hot normally, should try it.

Grind up twice as much coffee as you would normally and add filtered water to it in a mason jar and close it up, then shake it up and leave it in the fridge for 12-24 hours. After that, take it out and strain it through a sieve or filter twice, add to a glass full of ice and add milk, sugar, or whatever else you want to it or add some more water to dilute it if it came out a bit strong, and enjoy.

I also always have a bottle of club soda/mineral water in the house (there's really no difference) to use not only for alcoholic purposes, i.e. I always have it with Maker's Mark or sometimes with wine if I don't feel like getting a buzz, but also use it for other drinks as well. Pink lemonade and other juices are pretty good for this. One of my coworkers quit drinking some time ago and also has tried to give up both soda and coffee and he actually bought one of those Sodastream things because he missed the carbonation from all the drinks and such. They're pretty handy, but pricey.

• KOAB
I can't be the only one here who blends on a daily basis? Am I Will Smith from Enemy of the State?

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
That shirt is my new gym shirt now. Thanks, KOAB.

I like iced coffee sometimes, but it depends on the actual coffee, since I take it black. I learned how horrible mediocr coffee can be iced, when I went to McDonalds and ordered a black iced coffee.

I don't drink much beyond OJ/Water/Coffee/Beer. The four pillars of my life.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
I'm the rare breed of person that doesn't hate coffee but drinks green tea instead. All of my other friends who don't drink coffee regularly just hate the taste of it.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
I haven't been a soda drinker for a long time now, I guess about 10 years now.  I usually won't drink higher calorie drinks at home (outside of milk because milk is good) , so I usually drink water and buy a ton of the sugar free Kool Aid mix.  5 calories per standard glass, the Fruit Punch is my favorite drink.  Also drink their Grape a lot and Crystal Light Pink Lemonade.  Started getting the Cherry Kool-Aid recently and will occasionally pick up a store brand if they put out something different.

[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
I'm not a fan of either coffee or tea.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb

It all depends on the activity you are doing. Water is good in moderation, but its also good to have juice as well.

wtf are you talking about

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
Water has no nutritional value at all. People who only drink water have to compensate in getting all the essential nutrients and vitamins from other sources and or supplements.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
If you're drinking sugar-loaded fruit juice to get your daily requirement of vitamins and minerals then your diet probably needs some work.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
I drink Aquafina Plus+ Vitamins 10 Cal C+B+E Strawberry Lemonade water. Delicious stuff.

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
That's why we should have a balance diet. I do drink more juice than water, and I do enjoy a cola now and then, but the Nutrition guide states eight glasses of liquid every day. It does not matter if its water, cola, orange juice, beer, gatorade, as long as its eight glasses of eight ounces of liquid.

Offline foleyfanforever88

My non-alcoholic liquid intake is probably 60% water, 15% soda (mostly Mountain Dew), 15% juice/iced tea, and 10% milk.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
ugh. Mountain Dew is some heinous, horrible shit. I have no idea how or why people love it so much.

Offline foleyfanforever88

I'd say you have terrible taste, but your avatar suggests otherwise. Mountain Dew is the best.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
Do you include Pitch Black in that? Because that stuff is great.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
Code Red and Baja Blast are the only good Mountain Dews...but man, do they make up for the rest. Except for Game Fuel, that shit was vile.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
they made a mountain dew called game fuel?

aiming for the WoW crowd, I'm assuming. or Halo.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
It was for Halo. It wasn't bad, IIRC.

Offline Vitamin X

Mtn. Dew Throwback is awesome, too.

Ha, soda thread took over.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
Forgot about Throwback. That's the best one.

Ironic but not surprising that the thread created as a result of me not drinking soda turns into another soda thread.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff

He's pretty fit based on his pictures so maybe we should take his nutritional advice.

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
Orange Juice is the best juice there is. Pulp or no pulp, I don't care, shit is tasty Followed by Apple Juice(depending on who akes it; a lot of brands fucking load it up with sugar) grape juice, and the elusively delicious Mango Papaya Juice

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer

He's pretty fit based on his pictures so maybe we should take his nutritional advice.

I'm waiting for the advice of TSM' most noted nutritionist bob_barron.

RE to Kinsey. Orange juice with lots of pulp is the best though it's hard to fuck up OJ. On the other hand, apple juice is very easy to fuck up but it's not too hard to get cider here so I usually stick with that.

Offline The Art of Rasslin'

• PosterFest 2014 Winner
  • wipeoff
The best drink btw is the Odwalla Strawberry shake drink. YUM

I can't believe a guy can be that big, and jump around like he does what a great athlete!

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
I'm always weary buying apple juie, i hate an overly sugary apple juice. Apples are one of my favorite foods, so bad apple juice is especially insulting.

I don't like sunny d and I don't like people that confuse sunny d with oj.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
oh shit, forgot about pomegranate juice. shits tasty.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
My dad's been trying to get me to drink Cranberry-Pomegranate Juice mixed with lime seltzer and he's finally making a convert of me.

I'm always a bit wary of ordering cranberry juice at restaurants because a friend of mine always yelled "Cranberry juice!? Are you on your period?" whenever I ordered it at the trivia night we went to when we were under aged. It's good. I was completely unaware of its healing powers over PMS.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
I take a swig of V8 Fusion (Strawberry Banana) every morning. Also, love the chocolate Muscle Milk Light. And water when I'm at work.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
I tried some Strawberry Banana V8 once because I thought the deal was it was a delicious fusion of banana and strawberry with the V8 brand name, but nope, still tasted like the V8 juice I cannot stand.

Offline Wizard of Maz

oh shit, forgot about pomegranate juice. shits tasty.

Straight pomegranate juice? Tends to be a bit too tart for my liking, although drinkable if I just take large sips instead of trying to down it quick. I do enjoy Pom's blends with it though, mainly with Mango.

I'll second KOAB on the throw berries in the blender and drink them. At work one day we made a smoothie with a pound of strawberries, two pints each of raspberries, blackberries, and three kiwis, also probably a banana. We nearly burnt the motor on the blender because it was just straight berry pulp. So good.

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg

There's few drinks that hit the spot for me like an ice-cold cranberry juice.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline THE TUGSTER

• Alfdogg
I've also been drinking Vitamin Water a lot lately.  Like, one a day, if I can.  The ones I drink most frequently are Revive and Energy, today I had Zero Drive, which is blood orange and mixed berry, and really liked it.

I also noticed at work that we carry Blood Orangeade on the juice aisle.  I must try this.

EDIT: In a image search for Vitamin Water, I discovered that some of its flavors actually contain ingredients banned by the NCAA.

I wonder if this was what caused OJ Mayo's positive drug tests.
@alfdogg765 on Twitter FOLLOW ME

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
I love me some Brisk half and half.