Author Topic: Smackdown Spoilers and Discussion for July 2011  (Read 15922 times)

Description:

Online Aero

Smackdown Spoilers and Discussion for July 2011
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2011, 02:41:50 PM »
Yeah, with WM just about always having at least 3-4 main event level matches, you could throw almost any upper midcarder in a SD World Title match and it wouldn't be that strange, especially since it could even open the show.

Edit: Just wondering, does anyone know if the plan for Kennedy was to actually have him cash it in at WM, before he got injured and they hotshotted it to Edge? I remember this was right before the McMahon illegitimate son angle, which was supposed to be him for a while, so maybe?

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2011, 02:42:30 PM »
Del Rio was in one this year.  It was the opener.  Who cares who's in it?

« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
Hey wait a minute...if Cena accomplishes his goal of being WWE champion for the match with Rock...what is the Rumble winner going to do?

Stupid Daniel Bryan probably just cashed into a 3 way. 

« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
Yeah, with WM just about always having at least 3-4 main event level matches, you could throw almost any upper midcarder in a SD World Title match and it wouldn't be that strange, especially since it could even open the show.

Edit: Just wondering, does anyone know if the plan for Kennedy was to actually have him cash it in at WM, before he got injured and they hotshotted it to Edge? I remember this was right before the McMahon illegitimate son angle, which was supposed to be him for a while, so maybe?

Didn't the plan change because someone else got hurt before Kennedy?  I want to say there was a bad injury run at the time.  Taker was champion and I want to say he was hurt so they had to do a cash in and then Kennedy got hurt too so they put it on Edge.

Online Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »
That was pretty much it.  He was going to need to cash in on Undertaker to give him time off, then he got hurt and they hot shot it to Edge, who was on RAW.  Then during that title reign Edge got hurt which led to Khali's title run.  This was one year after the Great American Enzyme Shuffle.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »
Hey wait a minute...if Cena accomplishes his goal of being WWE champion for the match with Rock...what is the Rumble winner going to do?

Stupid Daniel Bryan probably just cashed into a 3 way. 

I was thinking the same thing....but I kind of hope that Cena isn't holding the title.  Would make the match seem bigger, but would really telegraph the finish.

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »
Kennedy was going to become Mr. Kennedy McMahon too, but then lied to the media about taking steroids and there went *that* shot.

The whole climax was supposed to be Kennedy becoming WWE Champion defeating Cena at Survivor Series in a 10th Anniversary edition of The Montreal Screwjob.

Online fazzle

« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2011, 04:53:32 PM »
Bryan will probably just wind up cashing it in 3 or 4 months from now anyway, turning heel in the process.

I dunno, maybe cause nobody gives him any respect despite having the MITB or something?

Offline Mildly Threatening Damon

• They wanna be my bitch so bad that they fetch Frisbees.
  • Dangerous Damon
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »
Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings - 7/22/2011

Posted by Marc Middleton on 07/19/2011

- Thanks to reader Zelda Root for the following WWE SmackDown tapings from tonight's show in Minneapolis, Minnesota. These will air this Friday, July 22nd on SyFy:

Dark Match:

* Michael McGillicutty beat Trent Baretta

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* SmackDown opens with Randy Orton sitting on a chair in the ring with the mic. He talks about the current state of the WWE. He calls out Christian and here comes the World Heavyweight Champion. Christian says Randy needs to work on his anger problem. They go back and forth for a bit, until Orton gets pissed and heads up the ramp only to be stopped by Teddy Long. Long says Randy will get a rematch but not tonight as he's already agreed to face Kane in a street fight. He asks Orton to be the bigger man and walk away but Orton goes for Christian. The officials restrain him and Long informs Christian he'll be facing Ezekiel Jackson after the break.

* World Champion Christian beat Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson with the Killswitch after a back and forth match with mixed crowd reaction for Christian. Anyone remember when these two faced off for who would be remembered as the last ever ECW Champion? Me neither.

* Michael Cole is in the ring and invites SmackDown's Mr. Money in the Bank, Daniel Bryan out. He comes out and Cole rips him for a while. Bryan says he doesn't care what Cole thinks. Bryan talks about the physical sacrifices he's made to get to the WWE. Bryan says he's going to the first champion to announce when he's going to cash in ahead of time because apparently he's never heard of Rob Van Dam. He announces he's cashing in April 1st in Miami at WrestleMania and fulfill his lifetime dream. Out comes Heath Slater for some unfathomable reason. He gives a heel promo and they start a match. I'm guessing there will be commercials during this match.

* Daniel Bryan beat Heath Slater with some submission move I didn't recognize (not the LaBelle Lock). This was a pretty decent match considering Heath Slater was involved. The crowd liked Bryan but Heath's involvement minimized crowd reaction somewhat.

* Matt Striker interviews Mark Henry backstage. Mark Henry says he has no regrets and everyone should fear him.

* Wade Barrett and Sheamus went to a double count out. They continued brawling after the match and eventually ended up back in the ring where Barrett ate a Brogue Kick. Seemed like Sheamus may be in the midst of a slow face turn.

* Kane gives a backstage promo saying he'll use Randy Orton to kill his humanity and be a monster again.

* Randy Orton beat Kane in a street fight after an RKO onto a chair. Match saw Kane kick out of an RKO and Randy kick out of a chokeslam. Crowd was much more into this match than anything preceding it. Afterward Kane offered his hand and Randy shook it. Kane looked devastated by the loss.

Mark Henry came out and attacked Kane, doing the splash onto the chair around the ankle that he did to Big Show at MITB. Refs came to check on Kane and I assume this was the end of the TV taping

Bryan cashing in at the next Wrestlemania is a bit of a swerve.  I just figured he would be the first guy to cash in and lose....but cashing in ahead of time and ensuring he has this huge main event match can only build him up...I think.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2011, 10:44:12 PM »

Didn't the plan change because someone else got hurt before Kennedy?  I want to say there was a bad injury run at the time.  Taker was champion and I want to say he was hurt so they had to do a cash in and then Kennedy got hurt too so they put it on Edge.

Taker got injured during that surprisingly awesome run of matches with BIG DAVE, but stupid Kennedy got injured and ended up blowing a guaranteed title run, just like he blew it every time WWE had big plans for him.

Offline Chosun

• 11 Year Veteran
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2011, 01:00:51 AM »
Wow, so we know two matches for Mania eight months in advance.  They're really trying to push this one.
TSM NBA H2H Year 10 - Championship or Bust
G - Damian Lillard
G - Nicolas Batum
G - Trae Young
F - Anthony Davis
F - Kevin Durant
F - Kyle Anderson
C - Jonas Valanciunas
Util - Reggie Jackson
BN - Derrick Favors
BN - Cedi Osman
BN - Malik Monk

Online fazzle

« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2011, 01:04:10 AM »
I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2011, 02:56:42 AM »
I'm going to hold you to that.

I will eat all of your dicks if Daniel Bryan ACTUALLY cashes in his MITB at Wrestlemania
7 months and counting...

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2011, 03:11:48 AM »
Thats a lot of dicks, Faz. Hope you have chapstick.

Online fazzle

« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2011, 05:00:46 AM »
He'll be heel world champion by.....whatever the December PPV is.  It's wrestling.  Wrestling LIES.  Shocking I know.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2011, 05:03:22 AM »
I'd rather you just suck mine. I don't want it to be eaten.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
Turning Bryan heel, much less then giving him the belt before Mania.....it sounds illogical and pointless at this stage. So he'd turn heel just because he'd cash it in early, presumably against a beaten champ for the easy win? Eh, this has repetitively happened at least once every year since MITB started, and Del Rio will inevitably be that guy to do it again if it happens. So very slim chance of that happening I'd say. This is one angle I think WWE will stick to actually and he will be build up decent going into Mania, and will probably even end up getting the belt then as it fills that token underdog makes good storyline that is almost a given every Mania. WWE title is clearly the real prize in the company now more than ever so it wont mean as much as it could or should, but if/when it happens it will still be fun.

I was at the show last night and it was a predictable and basic show, much more than I expected really...and I had already kind of low expectations. It might have been the hell that was sitting through NXT Redemption though that got me not feeling most of the show from that point. And then Superstars too, although both of those matches (Kidd/Gabriel and Natty/Alicia) were actually good. The SD taping actually went very quick, so its going to be alot of pretape stuff from Raw and the ppv I'm guessing. Although I gotta say for as much as the show was dull and drab for the most part, the Kane/Orton match was much better than it had any right to be. They did some good brawling outside the ring and not sure if this has been reported much, but Orton slipped through one of the tv slot holes while standing on top of the announcers table and may have fucked up his leg/quad a bit. It looked far worse than I think it ended up being, but it was kind of weird as Orton first sold it like it really got hurt, and then two seconds later he stands up and shakes it off and laughs about it apparently. They even show this on the match replay after the match so it's not going to be edited in any manner I guess.

The dark match main event was street fight number two in a row for Orton as he worked with Christian in what was one of the safest street fights in history. Christian even beat Orton down (and he sold it) with a padding part of the ringside area barricades....it was pretty ridiculous. Orton also was still either now selling the table botch or else was still a big legit messed up. One thing about this match though that made it a step up from usual dark stuff after TV tapings......it went about 10-15 minutes which is normally unheard of. Dibiase and Rhodes ran in out of nowhere to distract Orton too, which was a bit weird to have them revisit things from 16 months back but oh well.

« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »
How is Mark Henry's gimmick of taking out shitty big men that I don't want to see on TV making him a heel?

If he takes himself out next I'm voting him "Most Popular" in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated awards.

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »
Don't you talk bad about GOAT Mark Henry.

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2011, 01:33:54 PM »
How is Mark Henry's gimmick of taking out shitty big men that I don't want to see on TV making him a heel?

I was thinking about this the other day.  NO RESPECT, NO PEACE!

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »

He's black :(

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2011, 03:00:38 PM »
By the way, Henry got very little heat taking Kane out last night surprisingly. That entire angle seemed to go in slow motion too, so we will see how it comes across on TV. But then again the crowd in general was very dull and quiet for just about everything too, so that was partly what made this show kind of not deliver much. Target Center was only about a third full total, as the entire second level was sectioned off, and barely cleared half house on the bottom level. All of ringside looked sold out though, but this was probably the smallest TV taping crowd they have done here so far. I would guess the Twins game next door hurt sales a bit.

To be fair though, it wasnt all shit really. Bryan/Slater is ok and there are a few strong spots. Bryan pulls out a front choke finisher which he starts by sitting on the top rope and bringing the guy over to him, then pulling what looks to be a spinning DDT that goes into the choke sequence. that I dont recall him using before normally.

Also the crowd was dead as hell for Barrett/Sheamus until Sheamus started working as the babyface subtly. They must be turning him soon, or maybe this alone may have been all it needs to be to make a turn really, but it did seem like they will slow build it.

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »
Here is the Orton spot I mentioned, finally uploaded it today off my cell....

« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2011, 04:51:29 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2011, 01:12:11 AM »

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2011, 01:22:05 AM »

Haven't watched Smackdown in a while, is Orton's new gimmick that he's mentally retarded?
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline luke-o

• Pack it in Frank you silly barstool!
  • www.thecollectorsroom.co.uk
    • The LADcast - A weekly podcast from Luke and Drew (L.A.D - Geddit?)
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2011, 01:30:53 AM »
And he has a beard.

7 months and counting...

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2011, 01:31:42 AM »
But he doesn't put bags on people.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2011, 01:36:38 AM »
Orton's next step is to grow his hair out and start chanting "HUSS! HUSS!" while he stomps around the ring in a pair of fur boots.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline LPM

• Marka For La Parka
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2011, 01:43:39 AM »
Orton's next step is to grow his hair out and start chanting "HUSS! HUSS!" while he stomps around the ring in a pair of fur boots.

This should be everyone's new gimmick. I loved the Berserker.

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2011, 01:45:23 AM »

Haven't watched Smackdown in a while, is Orton's new gimmick that he's mentally retarded?

Hasn't that been his gimmick for like three or four years now?

Offline Love Harnesser Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2011, 09:02:46 AM »
Looks like his new gimmick is Randy Bushwhacker.

Actually, I might pay $60 to see Orton do the Bushwhacker stomp.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhh boy Cousin Randy!!!

I mean if Bret Hart can do the Bushwhacker stomp, it's not below Randy to do it.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline RedJed

• Rasslin' Rambler
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2011, 09:58:26 AM »
Wait til ya see his facial expression after he falls through the table there on Friday's show. They showed it during the replay and it was something similar, if not more ridiculous, than that gif.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2011, 10:08:06 AM »
They'll probably cut it out :(

Offline Guns N' BOses

• GunsNMoses
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »

This should be everyone's new gimmick. I loved the Berserker.

My love for him is ticking clock.

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
I meant Bruiser Brody, but that works too I guess. :P
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
Not familiar. Do you mean Jimmy Jacobs?

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2011, 12:25:48 PM »
Randy Orton is gonna use the Immigrant Song cover from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer.

Offline DukeTogo

• Golgo
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »
Bringing back MIKE KNOX would be the answer to everything.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:26 PM »
I like how this monster Mark Henry run is just like his last one. Will except last time he was taking out dudes who were entertaining to watch like Batista and Benoit. But this time what makes it so great is the fact he's taking out all the old boring garbage.

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Riding the waves of Insanity
    • Watersfall Industries
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »
I like how this monster Mark Henry run is just like his last one. Will except last time he was taking out dudes who were entertaining to watch like Batista and Benoit. But this time what makes it so great is the fact he's taking out all the old boring garbage.

As long as Mark never wears white ring attire again like he did in late 2003 he'll be fine with me.

CURRENT EPISODE: Watercolors #7: Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling
"You're only given a little spark of madness.  And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline JRE

« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2011, 03:03:19 AM »
I like Bryan, but he needs to ditch the ugly ring jacket he was wearing on tonight's show.

Offline Rock Star From Mars

• (atticus Chaos)
  • (atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2011, 03:42:51 AM »
So, on Sunday the table refused to break for TWO rkos..

Now, Randy is getting into bizarre, freak accidents where he's falling through holes in the tables, potentially leading to series injury.

Is the announcer's table out to get him or something?

Offline ChrisMWaters

• Riding the waves of Insanity
    • Watersfall Industries
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2011, 05:27:04 AM »

Now, Randy is getting into bizarre, freak accidents where he's falling through holes in the tables, potentially leading to series injury.

With all the electronics in the tables, they're now being powered by Skynet.

Randy's future son or daughter leads the rebellion against the machines.

They're taking Randy out before that child can lead.

And if all else fails, they have their backup soldier.

*Sorry, just like posting that picture.

CURRENT EPISODE: Watercolors #7: Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling
"You're only given a little spark of madness.  And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
HBO Special

Offline BPSS

• BurningPirateShipSex
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2011, 06:05:28 AM »

bps21 paid off the tables.

Offline Exslade ZX

• That's what she said.
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
Is Christian holding a crappy replica? Since when does the World Title have a red back?

Offline Rock Star From Mars

• (atticus Chaos)
  • (atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2011, 11:16:16 AM »
Orton is just a weird babyface character. We're supposed to think he's out of his mind, right?

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »
That "you spit in my face" through gritted teeth was p. LOLworthy.

Offline wnyxmcneal

« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
We can spell out pretty.

Cole would be tolerable if he didn't undercut Booker T at every turn, since it seems like Cole is becoming more of a colour man on SD!. I actually liked Zeke v. Christian.