Author Topic: General Fantasy Sports Discussion  (Read 35484 times)

Description:

Offline "Dot Com" Matt Postin (heel)

• Poster of the Year
General Fantasy Sports Discussion
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2011, 03:15:07 AM »
If I had been smart, I would have picked up the Texans defense off waivers and solely played them for week 1.

Offline Aero

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2011, 04:05:12 AM »
If I had been smart, I would have picked up the Texans defense off waivers and solely played them for week 1.

This is what I did, although I actually would have benefitted more had I started Chicago against Atlanta. Still a solid performance, though.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2011, 04:39:16 AM »
I waffled between the Chiefs and 49ers D/ST and eventually settled on the Chiefs.  D'oh!

Thankfully, I'm still on par to have the week's high score, I just need Marshall and McFadden to combine for more than ten points which should be easily attainable.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2011, 04:42:36 AM »
If it weren't for the Ravens forcing 81 turnovers, I'd be trailing in one of my leagues.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2011, 05:21:31 AM »
D/ST Steelers

:-[

LATE EDIT: The league I'm in isn't giving me anything for Tomlinson's 46 yards off three receptions

I'm in the Steelers club too.  They got me -3 points.

Do you have a backup defense or are you gonna try and stick it out with them?

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2011, 10:50:01 AM »
Being in multiple leagues can really make things interesting, I have Brady in one, and facing a guy with Brady in another. In the one where I have Brady I already have the game locked, my opponent has no one playing tonight. In the other I'm up by 40 points and he has Brady and 2 others going tonight, so I'm pretty much hoping for a below par showing from Brady....and I'm also a New England fan so that just adds even more to it, heh.

Offline Monsoon Classic

• Monsoon_Classic
    • My YouTube Channel with over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2011, 10:55:44 AM »
Going to need Moreno and McFadden to go absolutely buckwild tonight.

On the bright side, I'll win $66 in a pickem pool if the Patriots or the Raiders win tonight.
Check out my YouTube page for over 2,000 classic WWF & WCW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMonsoonClassic/videos

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »
Tavaris Jackson did better than Big Ben in my fantasy league.

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »
I wonder if its worth keeping Joseph Addai. You think I can get some interesting offers for him?

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »
Naturally the one time I want Brady to under perform he has a 500+ yard, 4 TD game, lawl

Offline fazzle

« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »
Assuming Jacoby Ford gets at least 2 points tonight, I'll be the second highest scoring team in my work league.

With Rice, Austin, Welker and Gronkowski on the bench.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2011, 05:46:54 AM »
Right now, this is my starting offense

QB:Freeman
RB:ADP
RB:Forte
Flex:Kenny Britt
WR:Nicks
WR:Mike Williams TB

I'm thinking of sitting one of the WRs for either Sproles or Jordy Nelson this week, thoughts?

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2011, 06:19:21 AM »
I'd make it Britt, if you do. They're going up agains Baltimore's D. Hasselbeck gonna take a beating.

Offline Aero

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »
Nicks apparently tweaked his knee in Sunday's game, so he'll probably end up being questionable for this week. That said, if he does play, I'd probably still sit Britt due to the Ravens matchup, too, unless last minute news says that Nicks will be limited or something.

Offline Krankor

• Krankor
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2011, 05:54:37 PM »
I'd probably bench Britt because of the Ravens defense. Mike Wallace put up good numbers against the Ravens last week, but the Steelers have a far better set of receivers than what Britt has around him on the Titans.

Nicks could be a risky play. I think he's going to end up being a game time decision. It's just a bone bruise but there was some swelling. You may want to have someone else playing in that Monday Night game on your bench just in case he's a late scratch so you can still get some points if Nicks is out. If Mario Manningham or someone from the Rams like Mike Sims-Walker is available that might be a good insurance policy for one week if you have a spare roster spot. Danny Amendola is definitely not playing this week so Sims-Walker would be the main WR for the Rams.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2011, 03:04:50 AM »
So in my league, the commissioner changed the league settings from 1 point per 10 yards (receiving) to 1 point per 20 yards receiving. Technically, I understand the point. In a PPR league, you want to even out the points or whatever. But he changed this like on the day after the first game of the season, saying he did not realize this was the case so he had to even it out. I maintain that he should not change it because people, like myself, drafted specifically guys that put out more receiving yards (I drafted Larry Fitzgerald with the first pick). I'm about to drop it, only cause I know him personally, and he's a cool guy, but this is kinda BS, IMO, only because it took so long for him to change it.

• Poster of the Year
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2011, 03:08:34 AM »
That's kinda shitty. My league commissioner says he has the power to veto any trades. I don't know how I feel about that, especially since I got the Giants defense from him with the intent to trade it off to this other guy that wanted them.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2011, 03:25:27 AM »
So in my league, the commissioner changed the league settings from 1 point per 10 yards (receiving) to 1 point per 20 yards receiving. Technically, I understand the point. In a PPR league, you want to even out the points or whatever. But he changed this like on the day after the first game of the season, saying he did not realize this was the case so he had to even it out. I maintain that he should not change it because people, like myself, drafted specifically guys that put out more receiving yards (I drafted Larry Fitzgerald with the first pick). I'm about to drop it, only cause I know him personally, and he's a cool guy, but this is kinda BS, IMO, only because it took so long for him to change it.

Yeah, that's ridiculous.  Any rule changes should have to be done before the draft.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2011, 03:58:02 AM »
That's kinda shitty. My league commissioner says he has the power to veto any trades. I don't know how I feel about that, especially since I got the Giants defense from him with the intent to trade it off to this other guy that wanted them.

Thats the fucking worse. I hate people that veto trades "because it isn't fair" or some other such nonsense. If two people want to make a trade, let them. I had a commissioner pull that shit on me(It was Ray Rice/Davone Bess for Josh Freeman/Lesean McCoy around week 2 or 3 of last year) He said that Rice was too valuable and that trade wasn't equal, so he wouldn't let it go through. I promptly told him to go fuck himself, and quit the league. Shit like that is insufferable.

I had a trade go through yesterday between two owners, Steve Smith Panthers for Tim Hightower straight up. A guy told me I should veto it because it wasn't fair, but I told him, it isn't up to me to decide what's fair or not.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2011, 04:00:09 AM »
lol, those trades are mad even.

Offline Spaceman Spiff 🚀

« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2011, 04:35:59 AM »
Yeah, that's BS BZ.

I'm the commissioner in my money league, and I'm p. hands off.  I don't block trades.  We have a 2-day trade review period, and it takes 6 owners (out of 10) to vote "no" to veto a trade.  All changes get voted on right before the draft, or as the season is going on (to be implemented the following season, obviously).

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2011, 04:51:30 AM »
Right? Thats the problem, it's always subjective, so the only time I'll ever veto a trad eis if it is clear collusion i.e. a non-playoff team trading their best layer for, say, a defense.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2011, 05:00:37 AM »
Honestly, if it were someone else, I'd probably bother the shit out of the commissioner, cause this is also a money league, but he's a good friend. I don't know. My other friends agree with me, so I don't know what's going to happen. It doesn't seem like he's going to change his stance. And I even suggested a league vote, but he ignored that. Kinda lame.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2011, 05:02:42 AM »
You good friend is trying to fuck you out of money

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2011, 08:14:15 AM »
We don't have vetos in my local league at all.  No one's ever made a shitty enough trade to merit it.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »
I'd go OFF. Civility is a non-starter where fantasy football is concerned

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2011, 11:45:33 AM »
Fucking around with the rules after the draft is no bueno. You draft according to the way your scoring is. He has to change it back to the way it was and just suck it up.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2011, 02:39:38 AM »
Do you know what I hate about fantasy websites?  EVERY single one ranks the positions for the week's projections but there are hardly ANY that rank the positions based on their rest of season projections, which I find to be a much more valuable tool.

I mean, you might have disputes every now and then if you are in a deep league, but you don't have to be a fantasy expert to realize that if you have Rice, McFadden, and Forte on your team (like I do), you need to start them every week.  The "year-to-end" projections are great because while everyone else is scooping up one-week wonders, you can snare some guys that are slowly starting to come around or show great long-term upside.

Offline Detox

« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2011, 04:09:32 AM »
So last week I started both Dez Bryant and Miles Austin on one of my teams, should I keep rolling the dice or plug in Plaxico for one of them? I need someone with some logic since I am a die hard Cowboy fan homer.

Offline Brooklyn Zoo

• BZ
  • BZ
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2011, 04:17:18 AM »
I think Plaxico will be solid this year, but I'd give it one more week because the Jets threw a lot last week, and I get the feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of running this week to kinda make up for it. I don't know where Plaxico fits in terms of being a Mark Sanchez target, like how much he'll throw to him, so you should wait on it, IMO.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2011, 04:23:18 AM »
Bryant and Austin are the safe picks.  If Plax starts putting up impressive numbers in the coming weeks then you should be able to make a decision as to who to start him over because I believe Austin's numbers might dip if Bryant blows up like some people are expecting him to.  As long as he stays healthy.

Offline Detox

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2011, 04:37:40 AM »
Thanks for the advice, but it looks like Bryant is most likely out for Sunday, my only true option is Plaxico.

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2011, 04:37:47 AM »
Should I drop Joseph Addai since it seems he wont be utilized much and pick up Earnest Graham from TB?

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2011, 05:16:45 AM »
Should I drop Joseph Addai since it seems he wont be utilized much and pick up Earnest Graham from TB?

I'd just keep Addai because at least he's the starter.  I'm not sure how much Graham will be utilized this year with Blount trying to be developed, although he did put up decent numbers last week.

If you start to see one or the other's numbers start gradually increasing or declining then you should be able to make your move without anyone snatching Graham up off waivers.

Offline Detox

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2011, 06:32:17 AM »
I would only pick up Graham if its PPR he should get some catches here and there.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2011, 07:00:34 AM »
I went with Jordy Nelson over Sproles and it bit me in the ass

Mike Williams(TB)+Jordy Nelson= .5 combined points. Fuck me.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2011, 08:29:42 AM »
I've already lost interest in this league. I got too much degenerate gambling shit going on

Offline Aero

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »
So all of us who lost Jamaal Charles for the season today, let's talk about who to replace him with. Some decent options in my league still left, and I already have Greene and Hightower, which means I definitely need another option.

Sproles, Addai, Lynch, Starks, Thomas Jones, Daniel Thomas, and Woodhead all available. Opinions on who to pick up? I'm leaning toward Sproles, Jones (assuming he starts now), or Thomas depending on how he finishes in the game right now.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
The person who has Charles just traded away Tim Hightower, so now her RB1 is BJGE, and there is literally no RBs on waivers.

Online Firmino of the 909

• Admin
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Charles is on the can't cut list so I'm fucked. Needs to be fixed immediately.

koab [8:27 PM]
damn i thought you guys were good little cucks who would shit themselfs so a POC could peacefully protest

Offline Thrasher

• Owner of Too Many Jerseys
  • All hail Gritty!
    • Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »
I lost in the finals TSM Baseball Auction League. I think it was a miracle I made it that far.
Sport Finds Blog - My blog where I post the licensed gear I bought

http://sportsfinds.blogspot.com

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
I don't get that can't cut shit. What's the point? Should be allowed to cut anyone, anytime

Offline Vitamin X

« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »
It's to prevent people from fucking up the league who are out of it and start cutting everyone on their team worth a shit.

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2011, 12:45:27 PM »
They usually fix it so you can cut a player out for an extended period of time.  If I were you Aero, I'd pick up Sproles but that's going off of only two weeks and he was sort of a feast or famine player last year.  I don't hate James Starks compared to the rest of what you listed, either.

Offline Edwin

• Smash and bang is my favorite combination
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »
I'm snakebit in my local league.  For the second week in a row, I've had a running back leave in the first quarter of the game, and lost by fewer than 5 points each time.  Ho-hum.

And yes, Charles will certainly be cuttable on Yahoo by tomorrow or Tuesday. 

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »
It's to prevent people from fucking up the league who are out of it and start cutting everyone on their team worth a shit.

Still dumb. There are commish tools to prevent those shenanigans

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »
As a lark, my pals and I are toying with a new format we call Three Player Monte. We pick a QB, RB, and WR every week, and can't use the same player twice.

This is fun on a beer bet level! I recommend it.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »
I may have shot myself in the foot taking the gamble on Foster and benching Sproles...I'm not out of it, but I need DeSean Jackson to do SOMETHING!

Offline Detox

« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2011, 05:33:58 AM »
Those 3 TD's from Miles Austin floated me to wins on 4 teams, now it looks like he may be out next week  :'(

Offline Kahran Ramsus

« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2011, 09:44:02 AM »

And you'd be surprised how many assholes that are out there that would do that sort of thing.