Author Topic: Frozen and Frozen 2  (Read 606 times)

Description:

Offline Harley Quinn

• Laugh this off... puddin'!
  • Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Frozen and Frozen 2
« on: February 13, 2019, 11:58:43 PM »
First film was a bonkers success including a fantastic song in Let It Go and now the first teaser trailer for Frozen 2 has dropped.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
Re: Frozen and Frozen 2
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:35:37 AM »
It's like Disney went, "Fuck it. Let's just make F2 grander, more action fantasy epic, and go for it." I'm so stoked for this.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 05:25:05 AM »
Saw it this morning. A massive improvement on the first Frozen in terms of storytelling, plot arcs, and character development. It's not as simple as the first movie and the songs are good but I don't think there's a 'high point' song here like Let It Go. If you're a fan of Frozen or your kids loved that movie, they'll probably really like this one as well. The third act did kind of stagnate the movie a bit though and the pacing struggled a little to catch back up to how the first two acts felt.

The Pros: The character arcs for Elsa and Anna were good. I also liked Olaf far more as a character as he was better balanced between comedy and seriousness IMO and had a bit of an arc himself.

The first movie's plot was simple and straightforward so it felt a bit tighter (if not as strong). I thought this movie was stronger in terms of an overall plot although I felt like it got a bit... loose/disconnected towards the end of the final act.

A lot of the visuals were really impressive and I really, really liked Kristoff's song. There was also a lot of self-referential humor and Olaf's summary of the first movie's plot in particular was hilarious and got the biggest laugh in my theater group.

The Cons: I did feel like Kristoff kind of got a background seat for most of the movie, unfortunately, largely just pining over how to propose to Anna.

The songs were mostly good although Elsa's showstopper piece almost got there for me but just went on too long to have the same impact as Let It Go.

No central "villain" kind of hampered the movie a bit. The set pieces and visuals were fantastic along with some good action scenes (the Elsa kelpie water scene was surprisingly intense including Elsa getting thrown around a bit) but this was more of a fantasy epic journey kind of film and it could've used a physical villain who verbally threatens Elsa/Anna/Kristoff/Olaf of some kind ala Hans from the first one.

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 02:04:04 PM »
https://comicbook.com/irl/2019/11/26/frozen-2-screening-results-in-horrifying-machete-brawl/

bah gawd this was supposed to happen at Joker screenings not the family little girl movie

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 01:20:38 AM »
https://comicbook.com/irl/2019/11/26/frozen-2-screening-results-in-horrifying-machete-brawl/

bah gawd this was supposed to happen at Joker screenings not the family little girl movie

"... with an alternate report from Independent citing the new crime-drama Blue Story as being the inspiration for the youth-led violence. Deadline reports that the film has had a turbulent weekend with some exhibitors deciding to pull the film entirely from theaters after "over 25 significant incidents were reported" in the film's first 24 hours of release. The BBC Films production tells the story of gangland rivals in the streets of London."

Also clearly Elsa changing costumes triggered them to a murderous frenzy of gang rivalry. When will Disney learn? think of the kids stop promoting violence through media be more aware of UK gang violence??

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 06:03:48 AM »
Frozen 2 came to video end of February and was not supposed to hit Disney+ until June, however Disney announced they will be putting it on the service on March 17.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 04:49:29 PM »
I had gotten deals on the 4K steelbooks of both of these recently.  Wanted to re-watch the first one before seeing the second one as I didn't remember much from how long ago I watched it.  This played into me never getting to the theatre to see the sequel.

Got done with the first one and still enjoyed it, though if anyone else was thinking the same, there is actually a scene within the first half an hour of Frozen 2 where a character does like a minute rundown of the first movie, so if you are crunched for time, there is a pretty decent built in refresher.

Digging the music in the second one.  As iconic as Let It Go was, the songs top to bottom may be more solid in this one.  Or at least catered to be more like general music than really showy, kids movie songs.  I kinda dug the 80s vibe of "Lost in the Woods" that Kristoff did.  Caught me off guard but even the visual sequence had that 80s music video feel which was pretty cool.

Haven't finished this yet but guessing some folks will be jumping in with the early Disney+ premiere this week.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater