Author Topic: The LOL At Nu-Metal thread  (Read 16851 times)

Description:

Offline Avid Warehouse Enthusiast

• Laz
Re: The LOL At Nu-Metal thread
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
Your friends are dumb. One thing I can say about Slayer's foray into nu-metal (and even their attempts at metalcore on Christ Illusion, bringing shudders to my ears when I first heard it) is that it, at least, still sounds like Slayer. The minor scales, the lyrical content, and even Araya's trademark scream were still present. My first taste of Slayer was "Human Disease," which is one of their absolute worst songs, and I hated them. Now? Favorite band ever, easily, based on the strength of their first five albums (and I'll even say World Painted Blood is a great EP hidden in a mediocre-at-best album).

Re: Machine Head
Always sucked. Even their "we've come to our senses" stuff, like The Blackening, just positively screams "HEY, PLEASE JUST LOVE US," similar to Dez Fafara's departure from Coal Chamber into DevilDriver (only "Clouds Over California" is actually a good metal tune, unlike just about anything Rob Flynn has done after Vio-Lence).

EDIT:
I'm going to combine the better tracks of Slayer's God Hates Us All, Christ Illusion, and World Painted Blood to give us an actually solid album between the two, since they each have 3-4 good songs and a bunch of meh/drivel. Spoiler tagged (and some are spoiler tagged within the spoiler tag) for browser loading, but I'll give the track listing that I'd use:
1. "Flesh Storm" (Christ Illusion)
2. "Disciple" (God Hates Us All)
3. "Unit 731" (World Painted Blood)
4. "Bloodline" (God Hates Us All)
5. "Jihad" (Christ Illusion)
6. "World Painted Blood" (World Painted Blood)
7. "Hate Worldwide" (World Painted Blood)
8. "Payback" (God Hates Us All)
9. "Psycopathy Red" (World Painted Blood)
10. "Final Six" (Christ Illusion SE)
11. "Cult" (Christ Illusion)

Spoiler: show

You know, "World Painted Blood" probably has the most "okay, THIS IS SLAYER" riff ever around 2:16 or so.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »
Burning Red was the first thing I ever heard from Machinehead. I kinda liked their nu metal spin on Message in a Bottle.

Offline Furry AND Republican

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2013, 10:30:52 AM »
Re: Machine Head: I like "Burn My Eyes", but that's about it. Also, the video for "From This Day" just reminds me of how bad fashion choices were then. Man, the late 90's sucked in a lot of ways.

Re: Slayer: I'd argue "Diabolus in Musica" is their second worst album (their worst is that album of really bad punk covers), but it's still bad. It's kinda weird to listen to also. Like the idea of Slayer adopting grooves and sounds more akin to Korn and the like is awful, but it almost warrants at least one listen just for the sheer "why would you do that?" factor.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2013, 11:10:18 AM »
Anyone remember Lostprophets?  Their frontman, Ian Watkins, was sentenced to 29 years in prison, plus an additional 6, for molesting two BABIES.  The babies were apparently given to him by the mothers, who were also sentenced to 14 and 17 years each.  What the fucking fuck?!

http://loudwire.com/lostprophets-ian-watkins-35-years-prison-child-sex-crimes/

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »
He won't last the whole time. Either someone is going to shank him, or he's going to off himself, and that would be a good thing.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2013, 08:31:53 AM »

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2013, 03:28:39 AM »
I'm not done yet!

Ill Nino's first album literally dropped the week after I started high school. They must have been a thing in the "underground" scene because I could have sworn I heard their name before their first major release. Thinking I could capitalize on the hottest new band, I immediately took a liking to this song. The album has maybe 2 decent tracks (this not being one of them) but the majority of it is really bad Sepultura/Soulfly knockoff garbage. I guess the CONCEPT of the band isn't the worst but the majority of their music in cringe worthy and was still trying to cash on the already dying nu-metal trend.

Remember this band? No? Well, I can't blame you. The only reason why me and a lot of people know Pressure 4-5 is because this song was on the soundtrack to the first season of WWE's Tough Enough. I actually burned this album way back and liked it, still sort of do but I found out years later that the album was actually redone for its major release and sounds more "polished" (aka produced). Seriously, listening to the demo version and listening to this, is like two different bands. I don't know. The band fell off the face of this earth right after this came out and no one's heard from them since. For the better?

Another band trying desperately to cash in on the dying breaths of nu metal. This album dropped in the summer of '01 and was pretty much what nu metal always was. This band started off with two rappers who had little success then added a live band to their sound and found a tiny bit of success but mostly in their home country of Canada. After nu metal died, the band was fired and the two guys went on to form a rap group called "Dead Celebrity Status". I have the only copy of Project Wyze's first album and thought the video above was one of the coolest things I ever saw at the time. Was I mentally challenged?

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2013, 03:34:50 AM »
A friend invited me to an Ill Nino concert.  I'm pretty sure I went because I went to a bunch of concerts with him at the time with bands I completely don't remember.  The only Ill Nino song I really remember is the one from Freddy vs Jason that they also had a Spanish version of on their album shortly after

[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2013, 03:39:22 AM »
Yeah, Ill Nino's sound was dumbed down a lot on their second album (not like it was complex in the first place). I dated a girl in my senior year of high school who loved "How Can I Live". It was like her favorite song and it drove me bananas.

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2013, 04:59:57 AM »
Oh man, Project Wyze. You want to talk about awful. I saw these guys open up for Ozzy in 2001 and the only time the crowd cheered for them is when they left the stage. Horrible sound, the tin sounding drums caused your ears to bleed and the guitarists were sloppy and screwing up their riffs, but it was so distorted that there was too much feedback going through the speakers. Just awful.

• Laz
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2013, 05:26:51 AM »

These guys were a pretty big local hit in MA thanks to getting a lot of pimping from WAAF's afternoon DJ Mistress Carrie, and after re-listening I'm surprised by how well they mixed salsa into it.

And then there's Reveille.

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
I went to see Andrew W.K. open for Ill Nino in November of '03, but I didn't stick around for Ill Nino's set.  We did, however, see them in a Chinese restaurant before the show.  Allegedly my friend went up to them and told them that they sucked, but I was in the bathroom at the time and cannot confirm that.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »
Andrew WK is still the most hilariously energetic person I've ever seen do anything. 

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
This thread makes me wonder: outside of bands likes Korn, Linkin Park and a few others, what was the last hit Nu Metal album? The only one that enters my mind is that WWE album "Forceable Entry", and even that felt like it was eight months too late.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Grit, Toughness, Soul, & Spirit

• brock lock
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
This thread makes me wonder: outside of bands likes Korn, Linkin Park and a few others, what was the last hit Nu Metal album? The only one that enters my mind is that WWE album "Forceable Entry", and even that felt like it was eight months too late.

Is that Evanescence album with "Bring Me To Life" considered Nu-Metal? That might be the last hit but it was still 2003.

Five Finger Death Punch feel the closest to a modern nu-metal band and they probably peaked three years ago.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2013, 06:29:33 PM »
What about Disturbed? They seemed to be doing well and hadn't changed from numetal all that much. David Draiman's new band Device released a halfway decent album this year too.

• Laz
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2013, 10:36:59 PM »
Disturbed almost rose above the nu metal label into a decent hard rock act. I dislike the overwhelming majority of their stuff, but can really dig on other songs ("Voices," "Prayer," and "Liberate" are all pretty damn solid). Excellent live show, too.

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2013, 01:50:09 AM »

Is that Evanescence album with "Bring Me To Life" considered Nu-Metal? That might be the last hit but it was still 2003.
There's elements of Nu Metal in Evanescence, but I always looked at it as watered down Gothic Metal like Lacuna Coil (I don't care what anyone else here says: Lacuna Coil sucks and are no better than Evanescence. Same with Within Temptation.)

Five Finger Death Punch feel the closest to a modern nu-metal band and they probably peaked three years ago.
Last I checked, they are still a big band. Them and Avenge Sevenfold are among the most popular metal bands in the mainstream right now.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2013, 01:57:44 AM »
Lacuna Coil is definitely better than Evanescence but I never thought that were that much better.

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2013, 01:58:25 AM »
Can we count Hollywood Undead as nu metal? Awful, awful band.

• Laz
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2013, 02:45:05 AM »
Lacuna Coil were pretty damn good until Evanescence broke and they dumbed their style down to fit the trend. I'm also in the minority that really likes the male singer's voice.

Offline Big Beard Booty Daddy

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »
I remember when Evanescences debut album came out the local NY paper, Daily News, wrote an article talking about how ahead of their time they are, and how there are no other female fronted metal bands there are. I wrote them a letter telling them to do some research and how there are many female fronted metal bands, naming Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Otep, and others. Suffice to say, I never got a response.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2013, 02:02:15 AM »
Oh man, I can go on all day at the amount of shitty nu-metal I used to listen to. I can occasionally go back and listen to some of this stuff and still have fun with it but it still stumps me as to why I ever thought this was great stuff musically and lyrically. Here's a taste:

I posted this on the first page over two years ago. Here's a commentary:

1.) Lifer - One of the worst bands anyone could listen to. Pretty much was the blueprint to a typical nu metal band: bland, downtuned riffs, DJ scratches, rapping vocals, and awful fashion sense. Thank God the band fell off the face of the planet after this track. It's worth noting that two members of Lifer went on to join Breaking Benjamin. Which band is worse?

2.) Reveille - Laz brought them up a few posts back. These guys released an album in the late 90's but it wasn't until their second album came out in 2001 that got them really noticed. Typical rap/metal garbage in the worst ways possible. It really sounds like the singer wanted to be the next Eminem but couldn't get noticed and formed a rock band to cash in on the trend. You can also hear the obvious New England influence in their sound. The video Laz posted just about says it but the song I put up here is probably the only track anyone really remembers from them.

3.) Papa Roach - UGH. Ok, these guys were obviously trying to do a poor man's Faith No More but did it more in the style of Korn and less like early Incubus or Deftones. I listened to "Infest" quite a bit in 8th grade and decided that the song above was the best track. They attempted to jump on the numerous music trends of the 00's to horrendously LOL results. It's really amazing to me to see that Papa Roach is still a predominant figure in mainstream rock considering their one note style hasn't changed much from when they were big while their other contemporaries have faded away.

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #123 on: December 25, 2013, 11:43:46 AM »
One thing I liked then but don't anymore is how many of these bands were clearly inspired by the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Ministry, KMFDM etc. to try and mix Nu Metal with Industrial Techno. Even Fear Factory fell into the trap

Other examples

"Hey, let's take what White Zombie and Prong did and ruin it"

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

• Laz
« Reply #124 on: December 25, 2013, 12:30:12 PM »

I remember one friend of mine sophomore year was really in love with this band. She was also a juggalette and looks to be a 49-year-old trailer park "cougar" stuck in a 28-year-old'd body

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2013, 04:11:39 AM »
Great Cesaro's ghost! How could I forget about these?

All these bands came and went faster than a heartbeat. The Union Underground only stuck around because they played the theme to Raw for a few years. Earshot has the distinction of being the very first band I ever saw live as they were the first band to take the stage at the first concert I attended. I recall absolutely nothing from their set other than the crowd being bored to death. That Stereomud song actually got a bit of airplay in 2001 then they quickly disappeared shortly thereafter. I don't know ANYBODY that heard of Neurotica or bought that one terrible album they put on. Hell, the only reason I know who they are is because they contributed that song to WWE Forceable Entry album (which probably deserves an entry here in itself).

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2013, 04:18:33 AM »
One thing I liked then but don't anymore is how many of these bands were clearly inspired by the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Ministry, KMFDM etc. to try and mix Nu Metal with Industrial Techno. Even Fear Factory fell into the trap

Other examples

"Hey, let's take what White Zombie and Prong did and ruin it"

I think we can add one more to that list:

I saw these guys open for Korn in 2002. Bore me to tears and I was a Korn fan back then!

• brock lock
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2013, 04:32:09 AM »
Although, this is basically a Korn song

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2013, 06:40:16 AM »
WWE Forceable Entry album (which probably deserves an entry here in itself).

Does it ever!

I mentioned this already, but it kinda surprises me that this was a hit. Granted, 2002 was the last year that Nu Metal was particularly popular, but even by then the compilation felt like it was 2-3 years too late.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2013, 07:01:53 AM »
All these bands came and went faster than a heartbeat.

2000-2002 is really when the "came and went" phase in Nu Metal started. More and more bands started popping up, and the obvious became more clear: 1.) They all had the same shitty frontman that rapped/watered down guitar riffs/post-grunge worship/bad electro-industrial trappings, and 2.) They'd release one or two albums, then disappear from the face of the Earth.

This reminds me another one of the (many) reasons this genre mostly dropped from the face of the Earth: Outside of say, Deftones or System of a Down, none of these bands were really capable (or really showed any interest) of evolving. Laz mentioned one of the reasons why genres like Death Metal and Black Metal are still around is because they have an identifiable sound, but I think it goes further than that. Those genres had bands like Death, Atheist, Emperor and Arcturus experimenting with said sound and pushing the boundaries of their genres. Nu Metal was incapable of that because very few of the bands had the musical talent or insight to try something new in the genre, and it resulted in hundreds of bands that all sounded the same. By 2003, everyone hated it and kids went on to like shit such as Evanescence, Breaking Benjamin and commercialized Emo.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2013, 07:19:33 AM »
Most of those bands were still a big deal in 2002. Sure, no one cared about Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit anymore but bands like Drowning Pool, Saliva, and Boy Hits Car broke out just 6 months before. Disturbed, Our Lady Peace, and Sevendust have always been popular, Rob Zombie had just come out with his second solo album, and Edge's theme was pretty popular back then. It wasn't until later in 2002 that the genre started going down in flames.

Supposedly, a lot of cuts were left off the record for one reason or another. I know my copy didn't have Kane's theme ("Slow Chemical" by Finger Eleven" - had to download it separately). Papa Roach, Nickelback, Slipknot, and Godsmack supposedly records tracks that were shelved and never heard.

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2013, 07:29:20 AM »
I always associated it all going down in flames around late 2001, but as I said earlier, that's probably because most of the people I knew that previously liked it wanted little to do with it anymore.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2013, 07:39:11 AM »
See, I actually listened to more nu metal in 01-02 than ever before. It wasn't until mid-'03 that I started listening to more "respectable" artists.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2013, 11:41:36 AM »
I picked up that one Mushroomhead album that had a cover of Seal's "Crazy", and enjoyed it for what it was. 

"Ty Jonathan Down" was a decent enough song around 1999 since I was a pretty big Jon Davis fan at the time.  I couldn't tell you any other Videodrone songs though. 

I liked Earshot's second album where they stopped trying slo hard to sound like Tool.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2013, 11:51:38 AM »
Supposedly, a lot of cuts were left off the record for one reason or another. I know my copy didn't have Kane's theme ("Slow Chemical" by Finger Eleven" - had to download it separately). Papa Roach, Nickelback, Slipknot, and Godsmack supposedly records tracks that were shelved and never heard.

For some reason, the Kane song was exclusive to the Canadian release.  I don't remember all the details other than being amused it was used for the Tom Jane Punisher soundtrack in 2004 (much like the Dudley Powerman 5000 theme being in the Freddy vs Jason soundtrack)
[img width=800

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2013, 12:12:39 PM »
I swore I heard back then that Slow Chemical was supposed to be a Best Buy exclusive track, but maybe not. Also, a couple of those Forceable Entry songs were used for PPVs. Of course, there were many other nu-metal songs used for PPVs during that time period.

"2TM" WWF Backlash 2002 Highlights [HD]

King of the Ring 2002 Highlights

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
That was probably it. Best Buy exclusive for US but because different distributor in Canada, it wasn't exclusive there.  Much like how certain store exclusive PPV DVDs around the time in the US were more available in Canada.
[img width=800

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2013, 12:19:30 PM »

Years from now, people are going to have to explain to their kids how something like this could have happened.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

• brock lock
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »

Years from now, people are going to have to explain to their kids how something like this could have happened.

That song was on the WCW Mayhem album.

Offline Nymyzys

« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2013, 12:43:40 PM »
That Backlash video was awesome.  Nice random RKO from Hogan!  I can't bring myself to hate Creed though, and I always liked Young Grow Old.

What was that Mudvayne sounding song from the King of the Ring video?

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2013, 01:43:17 PM »
That was Ride of Your Life by Stereomud Neurotica (sorry, all these fucking names blend in together).

• Laz
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2013, 02:32:01 PM »
I have a query in with a friend of mine to find a copy or link to an article we collaborated on forever ago about why nu metal died a quick death. Basically, it boils down to two key points:

1. It was never a "true" genre, but rather a catch-all term for any "heavy" band around a certain timeframe.
2. What Gary said about none of its acts wanting to further their sound or evolve.

Hell, I think the only bands that could rightfully be called "nu metal" that even attempted to evolve their styles are Korn and Slipknot. Everybody else either kept plugging away at what they were doing or toned it down to grasp at the fleeting mainstream success similar bands were enjoying.

I don't think Mushroomhead really belongs here. They've been around since the early 90's and are still around, and actually experiment with their music a decent bit. I'm not too big a fan of them, but there's certainly some songs I really enjoy, and their live show is damn good.

Offline Beer Baron

• I have a new hat.
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2013, 12:09:55 AM »
Scraping the bottom of the barrel here with Skindred.

My god they were awful.

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2013, 12:35:04 AM »
That was Ride of Your Life by Stereomud.

That was actually the Neurotica song I was talking about. Stereomud was on the album though, they did Raven's theme.

Yeah, I was thinking of putting Mushroomhead on here but that opens up another topic of discussion of bands that were marketed as nu metal to try to get more fans even though they were above it. I'm personally not really a fan of Mushroomhead but they pre-dated a lot of this garbage. It's funny because when they started getting more recognition in the early 2000's, they were labeled as Slipknot knock-offs when they were around and wore costumes onstage long before they were.

Skindred I think was the very last attempt anybody made to try to recreate another nu metal boom and it thankfully didn't work.

• CXF Writer
  • Gary
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2013, 02:12:40 AM »

That song was on the WCW Mayhem album.
I will say that this video is good for a laugh, as it has 1.) Really unfortunate hair styles 2.) White people appropriating Hip-Hop in the worst way imaginable, and 3.) Incredibly goofy "Nu Metal movements" from the band.

2. What Gary said about none of its acts wanting to further their sound or evolve.

Well, as I said, one of the reasons they didn't want to evolve or further their sounds is because they were incapable of doing so due to a lack of musical talent. Genres like Thrash and Death Metal usually require that you not only know how to play your instruments, but you know how to do riffs and solos that aren't rudimentary at best. Most Nu Metal bands couldn't do that, so they ended up going from popular to forgotten in the span of a few years. The differences between the bands posted here and something like these bands

Couldn't be more obvious. As far as the mainstream goes, they may be considered "cult favorites", but their reputation and influence will live on for years to come. You can't say that for something like Full Devil Jacket.

yes i am a "HO"

Honorable

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2013, 02:26:25 AM »
The WCW Mayhem album could be entered here as well. More nu metal garbage than Forceable Entry and the former pre-dated it by over a year. You had ICP, kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Primer 55, Risk-era Megadeth, and nu metal era Slayer.

It at least it had "Rap is Crap" on it.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2013, 03:01:36 AM »
Me and my brother used to love that mellow remix of "Faith" featuring Everlast on WCW Mayhem: The Album. Twelve year olds are goddamn idiots.

IIRC, WCW Mayhem: The Album also had a sweet Ruff Ryders song. And that irritatingly catchy attempt to make the Nitro Girls the next Spice Girls at least two (probably three years) too late, "Bailando". And "What Up Mach?"

Wikipedia tells me they had Cypress Hill on there and they actually somehow got Metallica to contribute a live version of "Seek and Destroy". So the album was bad not Forceable Entry level horrible though.

Offline Fall of Epic

• Reine of Terror
  • Epic Reine
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2013, 03:12:01 AM »
That version of "Seek & Destroy" became Sting's theme in the dying months of WCW.

Offline Boomer Kamala

• CXF Writer
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2014, 05:01:52 AM »
Remember that clip of Billy Ray Cyrus & Fred Durst's duet on Arsenio from a few months back. I just found out there's more.

Twelve year old me would be confused as fuck right now. Now me is confused as fuck right now.

Offline Wrestlemania/Limp Bizkit WINNER

• Kreese
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2014, 06:49:49 AM »

Can't believe I have neglected so long to mention the time Meat Loaf jumped on the nu-metal bandwagon (after most everyone else had jumped off) with this Evanescence-esque track, written by the power trio of Desmond Child, Nikki Sixx, and John 5 (of Marilyn Manson).  To hear Meat sing this was  ::), but to see it as the opening song (and sub-title track) of 2006's Bat Out of Hell III was  >:(