Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 45593 times)

Description:

Offline Cheech Tremendous

• Smokin' butts with my girl
What did you eat today?
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »
Leftover cookies.

Offline jerk of all trades

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
What did you eat today?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:25:41 AM »
Another horrible sub from Subway. Why do I do this to myself?! :(

Danny Dubya

What did you eat today?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »
Hot dog, spring mix salad and four-cheese mashed potatoes.

Offline pbone

• Byron the Bulb
  • Something tells me that you want to go home.
What did you eat today?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:06:30 PM »

What's bad about it?  I like Subway.  If I have to eat fast food, that's the only place I will go.

Anyways, I had chicken again today.  VX, I used your method, and they came out perfectly.  Crispy skin and the meat was awesome.  I bought 3 pounds at the market, so I'll probably be doing that for the next couple of days.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
What did you eat today?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 03:23:11 PM »

What's bad about it?  I like Subway.  If I have to eat fast food, that's the only place I will go.

Where are you? In Toronto it's ass - IMO. When they first came to Canada I thought it was great but their quality has taken a downturn in recent years. The reason I get it is that it's probably the least objectionable thing I can get in the Hospital food court. =\

..oh and for dinner.. I had Breakfast! ;P

Offline Loaded Glove

• With a hot tub shaped like Texas Stadium
What did you eat today?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 03:29:48 PM »
If anyone remembers my "weight loss" thread from the OTHER TSM that isn't the original one, I rarely eat these days. I usually just snack on things. Today I made an exception and went to my favorite mexican takeout place to get a lovely slice of heaven called CARNE ASADA FRIES.

French fries, topped with delicious carne asada, topped with melted cheese. Mixed inside all of this is diced tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole.

YES.

Offline strummer

What did you eat today?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 04:34:28 PM »
Cobb Salad

Offline zio

• Bleed Philly
What did you eat today?
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 04:40:45 PM »
Egg white flatbread sandwich with a chocolate frosted doughnut.

Fish Filet sandwich from McDonald's - which also has the best commercial ever.

Meatball sandwich, cookies

Offline Cool, Bad, & Handsome

• KOAB
What did you eat today?
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 05:20:02 PM »
sweet teriyaki chicken sub and some left over grilled orange roughy

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
What did you eat today?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 03:13:28 AM »
Breakfast today was juice with toast/peanut butter.

I'm hoping to get me some Burrito Boyz for lunch or at least dinner... Awwww yeahuh!!!

Offline The Real DXP

• daileyxplanet
    • TrevorTwitter
What did you eat today?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 03:14:40 AM »
I am about to eat Domino's Pizza from yesterday. Reanimated in the toaster oven. Awesome.

Offline Kinetic

• Kinetic
What did you eat today?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 05:31:23 AM »
I had a brat with sauerkraut yesterday afternoon.  This was, to the best of my recollection, my first encounter with a Johnsonville brat, and I liked it quite a bit better than the vile "winter white" brats we served at my hot dog shop all those many years ago.

Offline Dad Rock

• Alfie
What did you eat today?
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 05:36:05 AM »
Tuna sub of the day with toasted cheese and jalapenos.
met this fat girl (not a huge whale or anything but like 25-26 BMI) at a club in like,,, 2008....shes cool, not my type but giant hooters....we start drinkin gettin real faded, and she takes me out to her car to smoke some dro.....im high as fuck and point blank shes just like "hey man i am down to blow you........" im like whatever and we try but my dick wasnt workin cuz i was so faded and this fuckin weed she had was like....fuck i just couldnt get my head in the game..but im rico suave and i get her digits and she texts me her address the next day and says "come over to get ur cock sucked and blow a load in my perm"

so i roll up and her roommate answers the door, i ask if her roomies around and she says "oh....she DIED TEN YEARS AGO THIS VERY DAY...."

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
What did you eat today?
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 07:27:46 AM »
No Burrito Boyz for me today.. but I did manage to get to Chipotle's which is a fine second choice. Steak "fajita" burrito w/extra guac, FTW!

Offline Rendclaw

• Frankly my dear... eh, you know the rest.
What did you eat today?
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 02:16:51 AM »

Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub, dude... you can NEVER go wrong with that.

Subway is good shit, I think its more the people making the sub than it is the chain.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
What did you eat today?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 02:22:29 AM »
I love Subway, but you really have to watch them and give them specific instructions while they're making your sandwich

The fact that you can get a sandwich loaded up with a ton of veggies, spinach and black olives and jalepenos and shit, puts it over the top for me.  Their Southwest Sauce is divine.

5 dollar footlongs was a genius marketing campaign

Quiznos can bite my ass, their sandwiches suck

Offline pbone

• Byron the Bulb
What did you eat today?
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 05:43:58 AM »
Made a nice smoothie for breakfast.  First time I've had one in close to a year.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
What did you eat today?
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 04:46:32 AM »
Breakfast - Oatmeal
Lunch - Chicken breast, mashed potatoes
Dinner - who knows..?

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
What did you eat today?
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 04:49:11 AM »
Leftover rigatoni.

Having a meatloaf for dinner tonight.

Offline Lord of The Curry

What did you eat today?
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 04:51:20 AM »
Toast with honey, yogurt and a mug of delicious Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee for breakfast.

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
What did you eat today?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 04:06:47 AM »
Had some leftovers from tacos the other night, made a decent 3 egg omlette, with cheese, tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, and some hot sauce...filled me up

going to use the rest of the left overs tonight, make a mexican pizza

Offline Dad Rock

• Alfie
What did you eat today?
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 04:15:16 AM »
Mushrooms and rice, pasta and bacon, fish and chips and some sausage sandwiches. What the fuck is wrong with me today?
met this fat girl (not a huge whale or anything but like 25-26 BMI) at a club in like,,, 2008....shes cool, not my type but giant hooters....we start drinkin gettin real faded, and she takes me out to her car to smoke some dro.....im high as fuck and point blank shes just like "hey man i am down to blow you........" im like whatever and we try but my dick wasnt workin cuz i was so faded and this fuckin weed she had was like....fuck i just couldnt get my head in the game..but im rico suave and i get her digits and she texts me her address the next day and says "come over to get ur cock sucked and blow a load in my perm"

so i roll up and her roommate answers the door, i ask if her roomies around and she says "oh....she DIED TEN YEARS AGO THIS VERY DAY...."

Offline Vitamin X

What did you eat today?
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 04:29:33 AM »
I made some carne asada tacos last night, and had a chicken fajita wrap for lunch, no breakfast. I'll probably post a follow-up to that in my recipe box thread soon. So far today I had an apricot-cranberry scone and a triple shot of espresso (which goes down a lot easier for me on a relatively empty stomach than straight coffee does).

Offline Kinsey

• Kinsey
What did you eat today?
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 04:47:55 AM »
I made some carne asada tacos last night, and had a chicken fajita wrap for lunch, no breakfast. I'll probably post a follow-up to that in my recipe box thread soon. So far today I had an apricot-cranberry scone and a triple shot of espresso (which goes down a lot easier for me on a relatively empty stomach than straight coffee does).

I'm not big on cranberry but that scone sounds good,did you get it at starbucks?

Offline Vitamin X

What did you eat today?
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 07:38:22 AM »
No I got it at the student-run co-op cafe on my school's campus. They make all their pastries in-house and get local coffee, both of which are really good and soothe my hippie liberal soul.

Danny Dubya

What did you eat today?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
Meatloaf, carrots and mashed garlic potatoes.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
What did you eat today?
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »
I made a lasagna for the Brewers game. 

Offline the max

• Soxy
What did you eat today?
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »
Subway again.

I have a list of Subway restaurants around that make good sandwiches. Some have bread so dry, it cracks and falls apart like croutons. Some just throw meat on the sandwich with no regard for appearance. Some have brown lettuce mixed with green.

Anyway, I lost my list. And today I ate at one of the subpar restaurants. The bread was so dry that it fell apart in my hands. Plus they overcharged me for the sandwich, knowing full well that I'm not going to stand there and argue over a dollar. Terrible.

Offline Vitamin X

What did you eat today?
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »
You should've argued over that dollar on general principle. Why tolerate that shit? That dollar could buy you a drink or something.

Offline Czech

• Boardrunner Emeritus
What did you eat today?
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
I like that Max has a Subway Proficiency Compendium. Have you considered making a website out of this? Start local/regional, solicit recommendations from other regions, and you'll have quite a resource. Unlike Yelp or other review sites, this would be completely focused on Subway minutiae. I'm serious. Let's run with this, Max.

So far today I ate a pair of s'mores Pop-Tarts and an orange. I might make a nice big pair of whitefish fillets tonight or tomorrow.

Offline Lord of The Curry

What did you eat today?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 07:41:43 AM »
Were the pop-tarts heated up or not?

So far today I had a tea and some yogurt in the morning and in the afternoon it was a toasted ham and egg sandwich. I think stew is on tap for dinner.

Offline the max

• Soxy
What did you eat today?
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 08:00:50 AM »
I was going to argue over the dollar, but I realized that the idiot behind the counter (1) Didn't understand a word I was saying (2) If she did understand what I was saying, she wouldn't care (3) Didn't care whether or not I come back tomorrow or ever. So I lost the dollar on principle, knowing that I won't return to that particular Subway restaurant. Which sucks because it's in a centralized location near to some places that I have to go to for work sometimes, so I lose the convenience. But that's on them.

I'm sure my list isn't lost, probably just misplaced in the moving rush. I will scan it or something when I find it.

Offline Vitamin X

What did you eat today?
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »
See, my argument would just be that I got overcharged, kindly point it out and then ask if I could just grab a drink or something for the overcharge. That's usually what I do in that case, because usually the idiots behind the counter don't want to go through the process of fixing it up on the machine or whatever.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
What did you eat today?
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
Yeah, I'd call them on their idiocy and get my dollar back, make a mental note that I might get ripped off there in the future.

In chain places the customer often knows better than the employee in regards to pricing, it's generally just teenagers/underachievers getting early job experience under way too much pressure from the onslaught of the general public.  Set them niggas straight!

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
What did you eat today?
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline pbone

• Byron the Bulb
What did you eat today?
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2009, 01:15:07 PM »
Made pan-seared pork with a cognac glaze with raisins, apples, and shallots.  I used too much olive oil so the glaze turned out a little soupy, but it's a super easy meal that looks and tastes professional.

Offline Vitamin X

What did you eat today?
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
I like the glaze, and pork and apples always makes me happy. I made a really weird Huevos Rancheros yesterday morning that featured that with the eggs and salsa on top of the fried tortilla. It was pretty good, actually.

Anyways, I ate an apple/radish salad for lunch and then a pan-seared top sirloin steak with sauteed morels on top (and natural jus), collard greens, and roasted carrots for dinner. Both things, I think, were surprisingly simple to make and I just figured out that roasting is my favorite way to eat carrots now. I will post the recipes (with blurry camera phone pictures!) later in my vittle box.

Offline Pi

• is!
What did you eat today?
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
I violated my no pork rule. It was either that or a platefull of green beans.

Offline UterusJuice

• Fartsauce
What did you eat today?
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »
I've just started having toasted tuna sandwiches as well as soup and crushed up crackers. It's a little unorthodox but a great combination. For any tuna eaters in here, what do you eat your tuna with? The mayo tastes good and everything but it's extremely unhealthy and i'm trying to watch what I eat.

Offline Vitamin X

What did you eat today?
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »
Olive oil mix with the tuna, and a bit of salt. Then from top to bottom: Garlic aioli spread (if not, then use a light buttery spread and grill it for a second to toast the bread- trust me this is healthier than mayo), dijon mustard, about half a handful of salad greens, a slice of tomato, a couple pickles, and a slice of cheddar cheese (omit if you REALLY want to cut calories). Then of course, add tuna.

I make my own pickles actually, and it's way easier than you might think it is, and tastes way better than the stuff you get in stores. Makes a big difference with sandwiches like this. Serve with a sliced apple for a good lunch.

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
What did you eat today?
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2009, 11:06:58 PM »
I've just started having toasted tuna sandwiches as well as soup and crushed up crackers. It's a little unorthodox but a great combination. For any tuna eaters in here, what do you eat your tuna with? The mayo tastes good and everything but it's extremely unhealthy and i'm trying to watch what I eat.

There are healthier alternatives to straight up mayo.  I'd recommend Hellmans Canola Oil mayo, like half the fat and calories of the real stuff and I don't notice any difference in taste.  They also have a version made with olive oil which I haven't tried yet.  Or just go for the straight up light or low fat varieties.

Even with the healthier stuff I go as light as I can on the mayo, just enough to know it's there.  I highly recommend adding dill to your tuna.  Ground pepper is a must.  On occasion I'll do some finely chopped pickles as well.

I'm a big fan of the Tuna melt w/ bacon and jalapenos

Offline Monty Burns

• New Poster Who Should Be Posting
What did you eat today?
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2009, 07:00:29 AM »
I had m&m pancakes for breakfast at a local restaurant and they were awesome.  Currently I'm consuming Reese's pieces.

Offline pbone

• Byron the Bulb
What did you eat today?
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 05:24:38 AM »
Top-round steak with a white wine and mustard sauce and some of those little cherry potaters.  Turned out pretty ballin.

Offline EHME

• I'm trying to win coach. I ain't trying to disrespect nobody, but winning is the only thing I respect.
What did you eat today?
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 05:35:21 AM »
Pepperoni Pizza, from Papa Johns.

Offline Venkman

• Dr Venkman PhD
  • You don't know me and you don't have to know me
What did you eat today?
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 08:55:42 AM »
We had 3 Papa Johns open in this city in mid 2000, then fold up in early 2001. It was sad.

Offline Sty Guy Kamala

• CXF Writer
  • Sometimes A Friend is Worth A Billion Dollars
What did you eat today?
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 09:30:34 AM »
Lunch- Sandwich. Salami and provelone cheese on wheat bread to be specific. For some reason, I've had this three days in a row. I have the same meal like five times in a week whenever I'm feeling depressed for a prolonged period. Had it with chips and water.
Between lunch and dinner snack- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat with a glass of water.
Dinner- Eh, not sure yet. Leaning towards a breakfast sandwich. Geez, is there any correlation between depression and eating sandwiches?

Offline Dad Rock

• Alfie
What did you eat today?
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2009, 10:17:18 AM »
Breakfast: sausage burgers.
Lunch: sausage sandwiches.
Tea: sausage casserole with bacon and mushrooms.

Christ, I didn't even realise that until I typed my eating out.

Offline CanadianGuitarist

What did you eat today?
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »
Nothing of note, but I made my first 2009 pitcher of Kool-Aid this afternoon. Summer's almost here if I'm making Kool-Aid.

Offline Jaxxxson Mayhem

• If I told you cocaine numbers you would think I was lyin'
  • WWWYKI
What did you eat today?
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2009, 10:56:44 AM »
Burgers...   hooray!

Offline Vitamin X

What did you eat today?
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 09:25:01 AM »
Scrambled eggs with chopped scallions, simple salad with crumbled goat cheese, and a sliced apple. With a little box of chocolate milk to drink!