Author Topic: *RAW Spoilers* for 10/17  (Read 1220 times)

Description:

Offline strummer

*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« on: October 15, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »
Raw started with John Laurinaitis walking to the ring. He said that he's not happy being in Mexico and he doesn't feel comfortable. He talked about what happened last week with Triple H, C.M. Punk, R-Truth, and The Miz. They played a video from last week showing Michael Cole laughing because Laurinaitis fired Jim Ross.

Laurinaitis announced that the main event would be Alberto Del Rio and Michael Cole vs. John Cena and Jim Ross. The winner will decide the stipulation for Del Rio vs. Cena at Vengeance.

1. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Christian defeated Randy Orton, Sheamus, and John Morrison. After the heels won, tthey continued with the brawl outside. Cody Rhodes tried to escape backstage, but Orton followed him to the back. Christian went through the crowd but Sheamus followed him also.     

Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes was announced for the Vengeance pay-per-view.

2. Eve (w/Kelly Kelly) defeated Natalya (w/Beth Phoenix).

Beth Phoenix vs. Eve for the Divas Championship was announced for the pay-per-view.

3. CM Punk (w/Triple H) beat The Miz (w/R-Truth). During the match, John Laurinaitis walked down and showed a document to Triple H. He told Triple H to leave the ringside area and he did. After the match, Miz and Truth attacked Punk.

Video of Stone Cold Steve Austin

Vickie Guerrero walked to the ring with Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Vickie announced that Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger will face Air Boom for the Tag Titles at Vengeance.

4. Zack Ryder beat Jack Swagger. After the match, Swagger and Ziggler attacked Ryder. Mason Ryan ran out to make the save and he said the he wanted to face Ziggler tonight.

5. Dolph Ziggler beat Mason Ryan via DQ. Ryan attacked Ziggler on the ropes and the referee counted to five to disqualify Ryan.

It was announced to the live crowd that Sin Cara will meet Sin Cara in a mask vs. mask match at the Smackdown taping.

6. John Cena and Jim Ross defeated Alberto Del Rio and Michael Cole. Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Cole. Ross applied a submission hold on Cole's ankle, and then Cole tapped out. Cena chose to make his title shot against Del Rio a Last Man Standing match at Vengeance.

Dark Match

John Laurianaitis walked out and told Del that he will defend his WWE Title tonight against Cena.

1. John Cena beat Alberto Del Rio via DQ after Ricardo Rodriguez interfered. Cena hit Attitude Adjustments on Del Rio and Rodrigiguez and celebrated with fans. He said they made history with the first Raw taping in Mexico. He said he respects Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, and Rey Mysterio, and finally said thank you for coming.

prowrestling.net

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
Poor ADR, couldn't get put over in a dark match against John Cena in MEXICO.

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »
It's funny how those spoilers make me more likely to skip the show this week and watch football instead.  Funkman has the lead promo, and works it alone?  That would put me to sleep.  Also, why should he care that a heel was laughing?

Offline strummer

*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
JR is being brought back due to the negative reaction last week and the declining ratings. It was a last minute change so they had to add on a flimsy plot device

last week he was being written off "permanently"

Offline Big Green

• The King of the Mountain
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »
How many times has Jim Ross been written off permanently? It seems like they've been trying to get rid of the guy for years.

Offline Damaramu

*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »
Why do they hate him so much?
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 05:38:16 PM »
JR is being brought back due to the negative reaction last week and the declining ratings. It was a last minute change so they had to add on a flimsy plot device

last week he was being written off "permanently"

This makes me laugh.  There is always an uproar when they do this with JR, so he always gets to come back.  They tried to go with Cole back in early 1999 when Ross had medical issues and when Ross showed back up in March and kicked Cole in the groin it got one of the biggest pops of the year, despite JR being portrayed as a heel.  You'd think this company would've gotten the message by now.

Now if they can just get rid of Cole permanently...

To Dama:  I think they aren't big on Ross because he's old, doesn't fit the "MTV" look of broadcaster they want, he's from the South, and he also cut his teeth working for rival companies, so he's not one of their creations.

Offline MFer

• The Future Has Arrived
  • Admin
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »
Last man standing match, huh. Can't wager a guess as to who's going to win that one.

Offline WKU Tops

• Danville_Wrestling
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
I hope del Rio is packing a shotgun with silver bullets or something when he shows up to the PPV because nothing short of that is going to stop.....oh hell, what am I saying?  Cena would just take all of the blasts in the chest, hop to his feet, proclaim that he's a soldier at the top of his lungs, hit an AA, and lock in the STF to make del Rio tap in less than five seconds.

Offline wnyxmcneal

*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »
Shouldn't Cena have picked an I Quit match? That's the match he never loses

Offline Ed

• Ed
    • My Twitter Profile
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 04:38:04 AM »
Well, Cena and Miz just did an "I Quit!" Match in May.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 05:18:18 AM »
Not one segment of this looks decent.

Offline foleyfanforever88

*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 06:11:07 AM »
Except for the 6-man tag, Punk vs. Miz, and Ryder vs. Swagger.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 06:46:13 AM »
There is at least one person I have no interest in seeing in all of those matches.

Offline wnyxmcneal

*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 06:47:56 AM »
Not one segment of this looks decent.

I am with foleyfanforever88. A lot of this show sounds like fun.

Offline Angle-plex

• Hey....it's sexy.....
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
Actually I kind of want to see Ziggler vs Ryan. Also, apparently jim ross is going off on twitter?

Offline A Happy Medium

• CXF Writer
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 07:25:34 AM »
Everything Ziggler gets involved is entertaining because he is awesome.  I may want to catch his segments.  I mean, the matches don't sound too bad, but just the overall direction of the show bores the hell out of me.  I'm honestly thinking about retrying TNA.

Offline Teenage Mutant King Kamala

• CXF Writer
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 09:54:04 AM »
He's fat and Southern.

Offline fazzle

*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »
There is at least one person I have no interest in seeing in all of those matches.

Michael Cole?

Offline Byron The Bulp

• Byron the bulb
  • Byron the bulb
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »
He's fat and Southern.

He also loves professional wrestling.

Offline geniusMoment

• Trailer Park Supervisor
*RAW Spoilers* for 10/17
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »
Everything Ziggler gets involved is entertaining because he is awesome.  I may want to catch his segments.  I mean, the matches don't sound too bad, but just the overall direction of the show bores the hell out of me.  I'm honestly thinking about retrying TNA.

I thought the same thing, then I watched the ppv tonight.  Honestly, there really isn't a good option for wrestling fans anymore.  At this point I'm pretty much just waiting for the WWE network, and hoping they have tons of old school stuff to get my wrestling fix.
Randy!