Author Topic: Favorite Christmas Movies  (Read 5914 times)

Description: Or other Holiday Movies if you will

Offline Avid TOXIE Enthusiast

• Laz
Re: Favorite Christmas Movies
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 10:42:11 PM »
You've seen the better one, but still see the first. Its humor is much darker and it sets up quite a few character-based jokes in the second.

Maybe the real deep state was the friends we made along the way.

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
  • 2016/17 Poster of the Year
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 04:42:27 AM »
The scene in Gremlins 2 where Cate starts ranting about Abraham Lincoln for no apparent reason was probably very random for him.

HEY, TRTSM:

Quote from: Cowboy Numbers
same with cwm
he's a stay at home dad with no education
what's he gonna teach his kids? how to be a loser?

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2015, 07:12:10 AM »
The Santa Clause is underrated when it comes to quotables. "Well, kids, I certainly hope you've been good this year, because Santa just took out the Pearson home. INCOMING!"

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2015, 12:30:51 PM »

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2015, 09:07:21 AM »
Someone should show them these before they CGI the hell out of that thing:

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »
Not classifying it as a favorite but I found myself not changing the channel on Christmas with the Kranks when it was on TV the other night.  I had actually gone to an advanced screening of it before it went into the theatres, like what, eleven years ago now?

That was from that weird little stretch of Christmas movies like that one with Tim Allen, Dan Akroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis, Surviving Christmas with Affleck and Gandolfini and the next year there was Deck the Halls with Broderick and DeVito.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2015, 03:58:10 PM »
That comedy flick JUST FRIENDS is a bit on the underrated/overlooked tip and while it isn't officially a "Christmas" movie, it takes place right around that time of the year giving it a festive feel.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2015, 04:00:29 PM »
Ture.  Never think of it as a Christmas movie but half the songs on the soundtrack are Christmas songs.
[img width=800

Offline CuckBright7831

• CBright
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »
Kevin McCallister lived in a house that had 4 levels, and an attic that was like 1,500 sq foot and you mean to tell me that he couldn't afford to tip the bell-hop? (Although, to be fair, the bell-hop was Rob Schneider and who really wants to tip him?)

HEY, TRTSM:

same with cwm

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2015, 06:52:00 AM »
Deck the Halls was better than I ever expected it to be.  Home Alone 1 and 2 still hold up, and you can't leave out Christmas Vacation.  Even if you find Vacation to be overrated, you have to love Aunt Bethany. 

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2015, 02:53:33 PM »
Mrs. SFH was bewildered to discover I've never watched It's a Wonderful Life and forced me to watch it just now.

Loved it.

Offline Jingus

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 06:29:40 AM »
And now... Home Alone: 20 Years Later

When the hell did Macaulay Culkin actually learn how to act?  Maybe he's been taking lessons from Kieran or something.  Anyway, I demand that he must now play a twitchy murderer in an actual horror movie, stat. 

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2015, 06:47:06 AM »
Ture.  Never think of it as a Christmas movie but half the songs on the soundtrack are Christmas songs.

I just caught most of it the other night on tv and while I wouldn't classify the central theme of the movie around "Christmas" I think it definitely has enough going on in it that if you want to say Die Hard and Gremlins are Christmas movies, Just Friends could be in that sub category where the movies aren't really about Christmas, but Christmas festivities are happening,  being referenced, & going on all around.
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline Captain of Outer Space

• 🆁🅴🅳🆁🆄🅼🅺🅲🆄🅵🅸
  • reaching for the sky just to surrender
    • Greengrocer of Despair's Youtube Apocalypse
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2015, 11:25:44 PM »
Wife of Outer Space watched "White Christmas" with me last night. Yes, "Die Hard" is more of a Christmas movie than "White Christmas." "Die Hard" does not contain Big-Lipped Alligator Moment song and dance numbers slamming post-modernism.

Also, I'm reasonably sure the unearthly technicolor blue glow the filmmakers gave to Bing Crosby's eyes in this movie was the inspiration for the effects of the Spice in "Dune."

Offline CanadianGuitarist

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2015, 02:30:56 PM »
Mrs. SFH was bewildered to discover I've never watched It's a Wonderful Life and forced me to watch it just now.

Loved it.

Had never seen it until 2012. Also loved it.
On the other hand, I watched Mr Smith Goes To Washington for the first time this year. Bored as hell.

Bad Santa might have been the most pleasantly surprised I've ever been by a movie. Far funnier than I'd expected.

The correct answer is A Christmas Story. My de facto fav was always Christms Vacation, but it's kind of lost something the last few years being everybody's favourite.

Offline Saints_Fan_H

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »
I honestly feel like my wife's extended family (cousins, aunts, etc..) look at me like I'm the cousin Eddie at gatherings. They're lucky I don't do a live dissertation on Christmas Vacation including reenacting "Shitter's full" scene Friday morning.

• Laz
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2015, 01:41:04 AM »
On the other hand, I watched Mr Smith Goes To Washington for the first time this year. Bored as hell.
I can see that, even if I disagree. I loved it when I saw it (16 or 17, prime "horror uber alles" age), but I can definitely see why something so dialogue heavy and morally self-assured could be considered boring.
The correct answer is A Christmas Story. My de facto fav was always Christms Vacation, but it's kind of lost something the last few years being everybody's favourite.
Vice versa for me. I watched A Christmas Story routinely every year from when I was 7 or 8 until last year. It lost its luster for me due to the over-abundance of it every year (merchandise, shitty sequel, 24-hour marathon on TBS, etc.), but what sealed the deal was that this was my first X-Mas without seeing any of my family and that was part of our thing. Christmas Vacation was something I didn't really get into until a few years ago and I find something new every time I watch it.

Besides, the answer is Die Hard.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2018, 08:06:20 AM »
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1072877290902745089&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F
[img width=800

• Laz
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2018, 03:48:29 AM »
If you cut back a lot of the scenes involving the kids, particularly the "WE JUST SAW THAT HAPPEN" exposition from the little sister, then Christmas Chronicles is worth a look. Kurt Russell chews every piece of scenery he can and may actually be my favorite big screen rendition of Santa yet.

Also, Ernest Saves Christmas is magical buffoonery with an amazing Santa. Fight me.