Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning  (Read 7183 times)

Description:

Offline no fact, no matter

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »

Reckoning hits the 360, PC & PS3 a week from today so I figured I would give it it's own thread. At 300 hours of gameplay for the completionist, it definitely sounds and feels like it's going to be a much more than the usual lesser RPG like War in the North.

Quote from: Overview
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an upcoming single-player action role-playing game for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Ken Rolston, the lead designer of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, acts as the game's executive designer. Additionally, noted fantasy author R.A. Salvatore created the game universe and lore, with Todd McFarlane, creator of Spawn, working on the artwork. It is being developed by 38 Studios and Big Huge Games. The game will be released on February 7, 2012 in North America and February 10, 2012 in Europe. The first public demonstration was at the Penny Arcade Expo East 2011 held in Boston, Massachusetts, United States on March 11, 2011.

Quote from: Gameplay
Kingdoms of Amalur will feature "5 distinct regions, 4 playable races, and 3 class trees with 22 abilities per tree." The 4 playable races are the Almain (noble Humans) the Ljosalfar (Light Elves), the Dokkalfar (Dark Elves), and the Varani (nomadic Humans). The 3 class (or ability) trees are Might, Finesse, and Sorcery; they correspond to the fighter, rogue, and mage classes respectively. The player starts off as a "blank slate," waking up in a pile of corpses after returning from the dead. The game will utilize a unique "destiny" system, whereby the player can invest in a skill-tree system to unlock various "destinies," which acts as the class system for the game. Combat works based on the timing of button presses, similar to the style of an action RPG, with occasional quicktime events like those in the God of War series. Lead combat designer Joe Quadara, however, emphasized that "twitch skill is only going to get you so far. Strategy and proper RPG playing is going to get you farther." 38 Studios founder Curt Schilling said that the style of the game would be a marriage between God of War and Oblivion.

And now, some videos..

You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:35:50 AM »
Trailers:

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:36:38 AM »
Making of:

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:01:02 AM »
I might be getting to it sooner than I thought. Final Fantasy is apparently only around 30 hours and I've already put a few in.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:17:25 AM »
Bad-ass launch trailer:

Offline The ghost of bps21

• Wade the Duck says: Your brush with Greatness is OVER!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 05:38:14 PM »
First review was an 8/10 from Official Xbox Magazine, though their review read like it had a higher score.  The only complaints were that the quests would get repetitive and the story was good but not great.  They spent most of the review praising everything.  Oh...and don't waste your time building up your blacksmith skill...it really pissed them off for some reason.  I mean...really. 

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »
100% completion SPEED RUN with all cutscenes skipped, all fast traveling, etc... by lead engineers who knew all shortcuts took 200 hours!

TWO HUNDRED. Good lord.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
Jesus!

Offline Conspiracy_Victim

• MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
I played the demo for the Mass Effect stuff, and I thought it was alright.  Wasn't a huge fan of the WoW meets Fable art style, but the combat was pretty fluid and the magic, ranged, and melee combat flowed together pretty well.  I'll probably pick it up used, I've got enough to keep me busy for the foreseeable future.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 03:57:58 AM »
Just rec'd my copy in the mail this morning. Business is about to pick up!

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »
I bought this today.  I'm pretty deep into Rage at the moment so I don't know how soon I'll pop it in...but pretty soon I think.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 12:43:48 PM »
When you finish it, let me know if you found Rage to be abnormally short. I didn't even think the end game was what I was playing.. And then, well, that was it.

As far as Reckoning goes. Loving it so far. I think I might even like it more than Skyrim, if not on par. It's not as "real" as far as looks goes, but it feels more alive and I guess has more of an old school "high fantasy" feel to it. The combat is especially gratifying. Apparently you can also buy houses in this and upgrade them. I'm hoping I get an opportunity for that soon as I'm running out of inventory room fast.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »
I bought it sans a Pre-Order and was lucky they had a couple 360 copies to spare (the only system they had some for :)) I only had a couple hours to put into it, but it's pretty fun so far. I've leaned daggers early and have just put points in roguish stuff, but I'm planning to expand my magic down the road since I use magic a bit as well.

The art is very reminiscent of WoW, and lacks the "reality" of a Skyrim, but I find it's more interesting to look at and the two random characters I've gotten quests from had neat little characters so they have that going for them early on.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »
When you finish it, let me know if you found Rage to be abnormally short. I didn't even think the end game was what I was playing.. And then, well, that was it.

Well...I finished it.  I was doing it on Nightmare and collecting everything/getting 100% so it took me a decent amount of time due to difficulty.  Had I been playing for fun on a regular difficulty I can't imagine how much shorter it would have been.  And boy...that "ending" sure came out of nowhere.  I didn't hate the game...it just feels like it's only half of a game.

Guess I'll be starting Kingdoms of Amalur today!

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 01:43:58 AM »
Yep, the Rage ending just fell flat for me. Completely. Which sucks because I LOVED the game. I was hoping it was just a swerve and that I'd at least have a few more missions after that. :( If there is a sequel, maybe it will do better.

The art is very reminiscent of WoW, and lacks the "reality" of a Skyrim, but I find it's more interesting to look at and the two random characters I've gotten quests from had neat little characters so they have that going for them early on.

I really like the art style too. I like Skyrim's as well, but this style just "fits" with Amalur and what they've created. I've seen a lot of fanboys frothing that the game must suck because of the art style. They are sure as hell missing out.

For my character I picked the Varani (second human race) and went with a Rogue build to start. I've been slotting in random Sorcery skills here and there as well so I'm hoping to go that route from here on out. I may try a warrior character on another go-through, though. Been using a lot of the daggers, chakrams (so awesome) and bows. I've also maxed out my lightning spell and have just unlocked another "active" spell that blocks something like 15% of damage. Good times! ;)

All of the pre-order shit filled up my inventory pretty quick so I took to the closest town where I could acquire a house with storage (thank you internet) and was able to unload all of my loot. The storage chest is linked to any other house you buy, too, so you don't have to worry about transferring stuff (though it does have a contents limit). You can upgrade the shit out of your house, as well. I added on an attic and three basement expansions. One of those upgrades came with an area that lets you change around the look of your character. Not their race/facial features/shape, but you can change hair, hair colour, facial hair, piercings & facepaint. I thought that was pretty cool and something that was lacking in Skyrim (unless you use the console commands on the PC version). I love little things like that. I've also read that you can get housepets.

After that I just followed a natural progression of sidequests and ended up joining the Travelers (thieves guild). They had me steal a bunch of shit to join, which was pretty fun as I love how stealth works in this game.

Also, a first for me. I'm actually using the alchemy skill. I found that in Skyrim and Oblivion there was always enough health potions to loot or steal or even buy. In Reckoning, they're around, but definitely not as widespread. So, luckily there is a good amount of plants to harvest and create the potions from. Finally the skill doesn't feel useless to me.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 05:15:30 AM »
The house I stumbled across had a mirror (the device which he's talking about for minor character modifications dubq is talking about) in it already. *shrug* I also liked that little bit. I might have to run all the way out of a dungeon to load up on potions to kill a boss fight I came across, stupid Widow kicking my ass like there's no tomorrow.

One minor complaint I have so far is that you don't generate health out of combat (I don't want it nearly instantly healing me, but some go back would be nice) so if you get hit hard right before... say a boss fight, you have no hope.

Edit but not really; I do have a disease... which might be why. I might want to look into getting rid of that.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »
I'm not sure how health regen works in this, I haven't really payed attention. I know I have an item that has +1.5 health regen per second, so I know it's at least possible.. I'm just not sure if it does it as a default as I've always been using potions.

Offline AlaskanHero

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 11:14:29 AM »
I believe that health doesn't regen unless your armor specifically has regen on it.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
That's good to know since I spend much of my fantasy questing hiding in corners waiting for the red to leave the screen.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
Had today off and have started pretty deep into the House of Ballads stuff, fun concept. Finally got a Chakram that wasn't totally balls at level 11, so I'm running around with wicked rad Feyblades and Chakram that shocks people although I did just stumble across a really nice Greatsword, so maybe I'll start evening out my playstyle, but I'm enjoying being an Arcanist at the moment.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »
Fuck me, I love this game. I just had an epic boss battle against this crazy elf witch and about 30 of her giant spider minions! Good times!

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »
Yeah, that was the one that was kicking my ass earlier.

I lost three hours of game time leading to the House of Ballads finale (I assume) and died, no biggie, I wasn't paying attention and clicked "Load Last Save" instead of going and picking the last auto save... :(

On the plus side, most of that was just fucking around with side quests that popped up as I was running back to the guy I needed to talk to, so I really only have to do one quest over to continue the plot of the Ballads.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »
So turns out I didn't lose all that playtime, it was just not the first option on my loading. Way to scare me Reckoning!

Finished off the House of Ballads, thought about joining the Warsworn, then got distracted doing the main plot now I'm running around Ysa smashing the shit out of things because I feel antsy. I'm tempted to drop some coin on Fateweaving because I put some points in shit I never use (Mage Shield I'm looking at you) but I'm going to play a bit more to solidify my play style before really wiping the slate clean and repointing.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »
Just started this last night. Loving it.

I really appreciate how all the minor side quests are worth doing because you get something great.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 01:01:12 PM »
I'm finding that while I'm mostly Finesse, (well I'm Fin/Magic as a Warlock) my two main weapons are a Greatsword and Chakrams. I just got a Chakram that just SHREDS people with fire/lightening damage on top of physical with a chance to deal more damage over time with fire and throw my Envenomed Blade points on top of it? Everything dies.

I'd like to go back to Dagger/Chakram combo, but I keep getting these high end Sword drops and crappy dagger ones. I tried smithing a pair of daggers, which got me somewhat closer, but I find myself working the daggers to start the fight usually clearing out one enemy, then switching back to the Greatsword.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »
Yeah! I'm using a combo of very similar chakrams - fire/ice/physical damage + faeblades that do poison damage. Slicing through muthafuckas like buttah! ;)

I still haven't left the "green" area of the world map and I've got over 20hrs into my save, so far..

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »
I only ventured into the next area over because I started doing the Warsworn plot more and that sends you all over. I think I found another place to buy in Rathir, but need to find out who i need to talk to for the purchase.

Offline ViciousFish

• CXF Writer
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 04:11:59 AM »
My game keeps freezing.  I hope an install will help.
Matt, don't be a fag. Post some huge cocks.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 06:59:22 AM »
Yeah I didn't get a freeze but I did get the "unreadable disc" error that I haven't seen in over 2 years.  Oh EA.  I installed and haven't had a problem since.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »
I'm loving this even more since I switched it to hard. That coincided around when I got the dash move with the B button instead of the simple roll and now I'm really enjoying some of these battles. The extra challenge makes it fun.

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »
Got to put in some real time with the game today.  I love combat.  Some of the enemies are cheap as fuck so I go through a lot of potions since I'm playing on hard.  But there's always a way.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 01:37:55 AM »
I haven't found any enemies cheap, necessarily, but treshes and other mage type enemies can be real tough on hard. The key is to get as close the distance as much as possible (counter to my normal strategy) and just wail away melee. Unless you're a rogue, in which case I have no suggestions.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:49 AM »
Just did the funniest fateshifting ever. I was fighting some gnomes, and when I triggered the shift I slammed one of them down like I was doing an Alabama Slammer wrestling move and they bounced back up into my button mash of swinging a hammer like a baseball bat sending them flying across the giant hall.

Hilarious.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »
I love this game. In my opinion it blows away every RPG I've played in years except Skyrim.

In fact, only Dragon Age: Origins is even in the conversation. DA2...forget it.

Offline Sabre

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 02:19:13 AM »
Completely different game compared to Dragon Age, its more of a Fable clone... except that it followed through with the open world and exploration.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 02:35:26 AM »
I've been taking my time with this one. I felt like I was going to rush through it to make room for Mass Effect 3 when that comes out, but I think I'll try to juggle both games (if time permits). I'm just making my way through the Ballads faction questline right now and it's pretty cool.

I also just got another set of purple daggers and chakrams that are pretty sweet. I think the chakrams are called "Dragon's Teeth" or something like that, and do fire damage. The daggers do fire or ice damage depending on what time of day you use them (fire in the daylight, ice at night). I've also been finding a LOT of powerful bows.. so many that I'm thinking the game wants me to respec to use more archery. Might just do that. ;)

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:45 AM »
Does anyone use any other weapon combo than Weapon and Chakrams? For awhile I was trying to go pure rogue with daggers and a bow and hated it. Chakrams forever.

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »
I used a longsword and a greatsword.  When I had them stunned with the quicker longsword I would tear them up with the greatsword.  Plus the roll into greatsword downward slash does a ton of damage.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »
I could see that, I have no points in Might, so I have a pair of Chakrams that I forged that does more damage (200) than any Greatsword or Hammer I've come across.

Maybe it's just my play style but I've been cornered too often and had to use the Whirling Dervish Chakrams cyclone of death to knock back surrounding foes to often to use anything but that as my secondary. Might reroll a character and drop some might down.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »
Finding this just like Skyrim... it's gotten to the point where I barely even look at chests anymore because 95% of what's in there is completely useless to me. I have over a million gold and gear that suits me just fine. I still haven't even explored the entire right side of the map so I feel like maybe that happened a little too early.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 06:25:10 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/29/the-legend-of-dead-kel-is-reckonings-second-dlc-arrives-on-m/

Interested in buying a fancy virtual house? Beyond a handful of new objectives on an island paradise (Gallow's End), that's exactly what you'll get out of the upcoming downloadable content for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, arriving on March 20 to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

The content claims to add 15% more space to the overall world map in Reckoning as well, and introduces new enemy types, dungeon areas, and loot. More importantly, though, it introduces Gravehal Keep, a fancy new domicile for your fate-less explorer to, presumably, throw garish parties. No pricing was given for the content, but we'd wager a dollar that it'll cost at least $10 when it arrives later this month.

Update: EA confirmed the price at 800 MS Points/$9.99 across all platforms.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 12:35:21 AM »
Finally crossed the ocean, and fought Balor during the seige on Mel Senshir...epic.

The right side of the map is proving to be pretty fun.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »
The House of Sorrows line is pretty fun, I just unlocked Seaview Castle and it's radness, easily my favorite house because the lay out to the crafting stuff is simpler than the one in Adessa.

Got a nice pair of daggers that have like 20 percent chance to steal health, and with my self-made gear with health and mana regen on it I rarely have to use potions now unless I run into multiple casters or ungodly amounts of enemies.

I don't know what review of this didn't like Blacksmithing, but I easily make better stuff than anything that drops for me even Epic gear. The only drops I use now are things like my daggers because I like the higher health theft, and the rings. Everything else is made. Even when I had Dreadscale with three gem pants, I got the Dreadscale legging piece for crafting and had like 50 more armor points on them in addition to plus 100 health and mana I got from different components, then bleeding resistance and mana regen.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
Like Skyrim, Blacksmithing at the highest level kind of breaks the game. I pretty much speed ran through the right side of the map. It was very fun but didn't even stop to look at chests or explore the dungeons - no need.

Just beat the game an hour or so ago.

The final quest lacks the epic scale of let's say a Dragon Age Game (like Origins, with trolls everywhere and then the Archdemon), but you certainly clear out room of 10-15 Tuartha at a time regularly which is somewhat fun. But the final boss battle was really well executed, realllly cool final boss. Like the rest of the game, though, a little too easy.

Games like this and Skyrim need to figure something better out to keep the challenge all game. Both of them start out epic and unreal and then stay good but are way too easy at the end.

Offline Wizard of Maz

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
Just ran through the ending.

Pretty sweet fight. Clocked in just shy of 70 hours, did 5 of the 6 factions completely. I might reroll just to get the Schola Arcana one done and maybe make some different choices on the main plot.

My only gripe is that they give you random drops like you ran a WoW dungeon, and I kept getting Might gear/weapons that were totally useless to me.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 05:34:17 AM »

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 09:44:26 AM »
Finally diving into the DLC Dead Kel content.. It's fucking huge! Lots of shit to do and a hell of a lot of items and new features.. The player housing alone is massive.

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »
Just got this bad ass armor set via the Dead Kel DLC. I've resolved myself to stop black smithing. As said earlier it outclasses everything you find.. But doesn't look as cool. ;)

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 03:21:15 AM »
Quote from: Joystiq
New downloadable content for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is slated to arrive later this month. Entitled "Teeth of Naros," it has players exploring the land known as the Teeth of Naros, where they will "encounter the Kollossae, a devout race of giants, and uncover the mysteries of their faith."

The DLC will feature the magical, floating city of Idylla, 20 side quests, dungeons and new enemies to fight. And, of course, there will be some fresh loot, including Twists of Fate, armor sets and weapons. Teeth of Naros will hit Xbox Live, PSN, Origin and Steam on April 17 for $10.

Quote from: Press Release
Glimpse into the future of Amalur, as Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), 38 Studios, and Big Huge Games unveil Teeth of Naros™, the second downloadable content (DLC) pack for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™. Players will journey through a forgotten land called the Teeth of Naros, a harsh environment named after an ancient troll god. In this new journey players will encounter the Kollossae, a devout race of giants, and uncover the mysteries of their faith. Teeth of Naros will be available starting on April 17, 2012 on Xbox Live for 800 points and PlayStation®Network, Origin™ and Steam for $9.99.

The Teeth of Naros DLC and the journey through the mysterious land will feature:

A New City - Explore the city of Idylla, which magically floats in the sky above the Teeth of Naros featuring more than 20 side quests, multiple dungeons and a mysterious new race
New Enemies and Dungeons - Players will take part in a crucible of faith and tribulation with new dangers and enemies as they journey through five enormous new dungeons
New Twists of Fate and Items - Three new Twists of Fate, nine new armor sets, six new shields and 18 new unique weapons for players to choose from as they journey through this new world

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 05:45:14 AM »

Q&A from the Amalur site:

Will there be an increase in stash and/or inventory limit? – By nodamnit

One of the merchants in the Teeth of Naros DLC does sell a backpack, so you will be able to increase your inventory limit a little.

Will there be an increase in level? Maybe new abilities? – By nodamnit

Raising the level cap is something that we wanted to do for the Teeth of Naros DLC, but due to logistical constraints we were not able to do so.

As for new abilities, we have implemented a new damage type called Primal Magic. By using one of several unique "Primal" weapons, you can dramatically increase the damage caused by your spells for a short period of time.

How many hours of gameplay is this estimated to add? – By Dynimix

We haven't done a time trial, but we've got at least 20 hours of additional content in this DLC pack. It's a giant DLC in more ways than one! Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

I'm here 'til Thursday. Tip your waitress.

Will you be able to fast travel in and out of the DLC area or will you be stuck there like TLODK? – By br_casino

Once you arrive in the Teeth of Naros they you’ll be able to fast travel between the DLC space and the Faelands.

Are the new enemies actually going to be new and unique? Also, are there going to be even bigger enemies than the trolls and the big fat red guys? – By cam140

We have a completely new monster in the Teeth of Naros – the Pteryx. These are giant bipedal birds that use a combination of storm magic and strong melee to subdue their prey. Think of it like Toucan Sam telling you to follow your nose – to hell.

We do have new variants of classic Reckoning monsters as well. But I’m not going to show all of my cards…

Is the new race also going to be like a different creature all together and not just another kind of fae? – By cam140

In a word, yes. The Kollossae are a completely different race from those encountered in Reckoning. In our lore, they're considered to be part of the "giant kin" – along with Jottun and Ettin (they aren’t actually related to each other, they're just all larger than most mortal races). Kollossae are a lot more sociable and cooperative than other giant kin, which is why they’ve been able to develop more advanced magic and sophisticated civilizations that the player will get to explore in the Teeth of Naros.

Is this the last DLC, or are there more planned? I've heard it mentioned that you guys had already finished "both" DLC before this game was released, so does that mean this is the final one, or can we look forward to a third/fourth, only further down the line since you would have to develop them? – By SageShini

I probably can’t go into too many specifics here, but I will say that we devs have plenty of ideas for further adventures in Reckoning’s setting…

Do the Kollossae have an accent? If so, what accent is it?! – By RingX55

This took flippin’ forever to figure out. So I’m glad somebody asked about it.

Picking the accent for the Kollossae was tricky because in the setting of the DLC they’re at a pivotal moment in their history. In their somewhat recent history, the Kollossae used to be as brutish as Ettin or Jottun. But as the DLC explains, they’re in the throes of a cultural revolution. We wanted to have them sound like they were trying very hard to appear sophisticated, but with their strength and power to boil through when needed.

To that end, we tried a bunch of different accents, and ended up going with something that was like a very light mid-Atlantic intonation – similar to something you might hear in movies from the 1930’s. To offset this, our audio team (who are awesome, by the way) applied post-processing to the lines so that they would be deeper, more resonant, and other tricks to make them sound different from Amalur’s other races.

Who or what is Naros? – By Gossamer

Naros is a Troll god. I can say no more.

Will we actually meet the Kollossae? – By Gossamer

Hells yes. You and the Kollossae will be like this. You can’t see it right now, but I’m crossing my index and my middle finger.

In regards to the concept art (check Facebook if you haven't seen it—it’s sweet looking), there is a floating city which appears to be hovering over a city beneath it on the ground. Will we be able to descend into the depths of the floating city (which has a giant crater below it) and jump to the city below? That'd be sweet. I ask because Dead Kel gave us some crazy jump heights. – By lBlLlUlNlTlZl

The only city in the expansion is Idylla, which floats above the earth. As to what that structure is beneath it… well, I’ll let you figure that out.

But yes, you can jump from Idylla. Hope you have shin guards.

What is the minimum level requirement? For example, in Dead Kel it was 10. – By WastedPotential

We don’t have one. You can start the Teeth of Naros upon exiting the Well of Souls, if you want. The Teeth of Naros was built to handle players of any level, since you can encounter its starting location so early in Dalentarth.

Dead Kel sent you to Rathir to start its missions. Where does Teeth of Naros send you? – By WastedPotential

The Teeth of Naros DLC begins in a camp located to the south of Ettinmere.

Will the quest begin like Dead Kel? After download it appears in your quest log? – By WastedPotential

Yes, the quest is automatically added to your quest log when the expansion is downloaded.

I really hope they decide to up the level cap to 60 or something for the next DLC. 40 is way too low for the amount of content in the standalone game itself, let alone with the DLC added on..